2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

Bethpage reservation system

rwill522 ·  
rwill522rwill522  181WRX Points: 62Members Posts: 181
I hear Bethpage is doing away with the phone reservation system. Anyone have any info on the new system and when it may be in place?
Posted:

Comments

• MaitriMikeMaitriMike  1593WRX Points: 110Members Posts: 1,593
    I'm curious too. I wonder if they're open tomorrow as I might stop by for a round.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BenzoBenzo  1576WRX Points: 126Handicap: 2Members Posts: 1,576
    What is taking it’s place?
    Posted:
    Titleist Ts2 10.5* GD DI 6x
    Titliest 915 5w 18* GD DI 7x
    Callaway Apex 23*h Oban Devotion 
    Callaway Apex 26*h GD DI 85x
    Srixon 785 6-PW Nippon 105 Modus
    Titleist SM7 50*, 54*, 58* Nippon 115 Modus 
    Odyssey #7 Plumber Neck 
    2018 Taylormade tp5

https://www.instagram.com/benzoducky/ 

• sailfishchrissailfishchris Long Island NY 979WRX Points: 188Handicap: 4Members, ClubWRX Posts: 979
    Sounds like they are putting a new phone system in place. The old system had problems. If you play there enough you may have heard some of the stories
    Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Synergy Proto 65TX
    Ping G400 14.5 Tensei Pro Orange 80 TX
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Super Peening Blue X
    Vokey SM6 raw 52, 56, 60 DGTI-s400
    Ping Redwood/Byron Morgan Proto DH89
    ProV1X / TPX5
    Jones Utility Trouper
  • 05LMBVette05LMBVette  178WRX Points: 74Members Posts: 178
    Gotta get to this place this year.... lived in upstate NY for 3 years now and still haven't made it to Bethpage.... image/censored2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':censored2:' />
    Posted:
  • SchneeSchnee SOTABM Northeast 5557WRX Points: 691ClubWRX Posts: 5,557
    To date i havent Had any issues making a time with the old system. Hopefully the update is an improvement and not a step backward in ease of booking...
    Posted:
    "Grasshopper breaks wing
    soars with Master's healing words.
    Winter grounds him"

-Hawkeye77

Becky Johnson Award Nominee 2016

Taylormade M6 10.5* Graphite Design AD DI 
    Taylormade M3 HL Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 
    Titleist 818 H1 Mitsubishi Tensei Blue
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Tour Issue S400
    Vokey SM7 50.12F, 54.14F Stealth S200
    [Vokey SM7 58.V Oil Can S200
    LAB Golf Directed Force Reno 2.1T/Scotty Cameron Futura X5 Welded Neck Custom (name TBD)

ig-badge-48.png
  • rwill522rwill522  181WRX Points: 62Members Posts: 181
    I hear it's going to be a computer system. Unconfirmed

I play there all the time and never had an issue with the phone system. I guess we'll see
    Posted:

Advertisement
    05LMBVette wrote:

Gotta get to this place this year.... lived in upstate NY for 3 years now and still haven't made it to Bethpage.... image/censored2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':censored2:' />

You're missing out on some good cheap golf, though, come on a weekday as weekends are pretty slow. And I recommend any of the courses, in this order, Black, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow. Though I have come to appreciate yellow and green very much since my game can fluctuate and I can suck very badly. Enjoy and definitely tell us stories once you visit.

Schnee wrote:

To date i havent Had any issues making a time with the old system. Hopefully the update is an improvement and not a step backward in ease of booking...

rwill522 wrote:

I hear it's going to be a computer system. Unconfirmed

I play there all the time and never had an issue with the phone system. I guess we'll see

I never had issues either but they maybe upgrading due to the large influx of people calling at the set times and pretty much destroying the system for the first 20-30 minutes. It's pretty much a crap shoot to get early times on any of the courses.
    Posted:
  • WillMK5WillMK5  438WRX Points: 50Members Posts: 438
    The other issue is the employees inside reserve times and then sell them at a premium for prime times. Maybe this will do away with it.
    Posted:
  • PThomasPThomas  776WRX Points: 40Handicap: 5-10ClubWRX Posts: 776
    Hopefully they can fix the log jam when advance times open up. Two months can't pass by soon enough. Anybody want to give this new system a whirl when the course opens and get a game together?
    Posted:
    2017 M1 460 9.5 - Diamana BF 60X2017
    M2 Tour 15 - Diamana CK Blue 70X
    TM P790 UDI #2
    TM P760 - #4-9 DG TI S400
    Vokey SM6 46.08F, 50.08F, 54.10V, 58.11K DG TI S4100
    TM Spider Putter
    WillMK5 wrote:

The other issue is the employees inside reserve times and then sell them at a premium for prime times. Maybe this will do away with it.

No wonder I can never get a time that early....
    Posted:
  • 3PuttHero3PuttHero  44WRX Points: 19Handicap: 6Members Posts: 44
    I’ve booked/played there numerous times, 30 plus calls to get through but always got a time. Earliest was 10:30. Would be nice to be able to get out there early morning and then be able to play a second course there in the afternoon.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • aue21aue21  619WRX Points: 89Members Posts: 619
    As far as the employees selling tee times might be far fetched, it hasn’t been that easy to do that for along time.... it supposed to be a computer system that will start in a couple of weeks...
    Posted:
    aue21 wrote:
    As far as the employees selling tee times might be far fetched, it hasn’t been that easy to do that for along time.... it supposed to be a computer system that will start in a couple of weeks...

Not far fetched, I’m speaking from experience.
    Posted:
  • chas521chas521  1172WRX Points: 128Members Posts: 1,172
    Yes!!!! You guys ARE correct. The employees DO grab the earlier times and sell them.
    Posted:
  • aue21aue21  619WRX Points: 89Members Posts: 619
    Ok if you say so....
    Posted:
  • sailfishchrissailfishchris Long Island NY 979WRX Points: 188Handicap: 4Members, ClubWRX Posts: 979
    WillMK5 wrote:

BINGO! Several folks were fired last summer after getting caught.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Synergy Proto 65TX
    Ping G400 14.5 Tensei Pro Orange 80 TX
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Super Peening Blue X
    Vokey SM6 raw 52, 56, 60 DGTI-s400
    Ping Redwood/Byron Morgan Proto DH89
    ProV1X / TPX5
    Jones Utility Trouper

Advertisement
    I also hear that Sunken Meadow [state] is also changing their phone-in reservation system.
    Posted:
  • SouthShoreLIgolferSouthShoreLIgolfer  15WRX Points: 17Members Posts: 15
    WillMK5 wrote:

aue21 wrote:

Not far fetched, I’m speaking from experience.

I play there all the time and rarely have trouble getting early times. How and where do the employees sell the times ?
    Posted:
  • PC51PC51  88WRX Points: 48Members Posts: 88
    Posted:
  • BenzoBenzo  1576WRX Points: 126Handicap: 2Members Posts: 1,576
    Out of state still a 5 day book time and in state 7 days?
    Posted:
    Titleist Ts2 10.5* GD DI 6x
    Titliest 915 5w 18* GD DI 7x
    Callaway Apex 23*h Oban Devotion 
    Callaway Apex 26*h GD DI 85x
    Srixon 785 6-PW Nippon 105 Modus
    Titleist SM7 50*, 54*, 58* Nippon 115 Modus 
    Odyssey #7 Plumber Neck 
    2018 Taylormade tp5

https://www.instagram.com/benzoducky/ 

Benzo wrote:

Out of state still a 5 day book time and in state 7 days?

It appears that way.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • NYCgolfer17NYCgolfer17  1598WRX Points: 48Handicap: 4Members Posts: 1,598
    I signed up for an account and am able to log in. I'm curious how they are going to check the residency requirement now. Are they just taking your word or is it because I'm already in the system?
    Posted:
    G400 LST -Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    G25 3W - Ping tour X-Flex
    G30 5W - Ping Tour X
    MP 5 - TI X100
    Vokey 50/54/58
    DJ Spider Ltd
  • bvmagicbvmagic  1082WRX Points: 139Members Posts: 1,082
    I was fortunate to get a 9:30 tee time on my first trip up there. Being from out of state I was prepared to just camp out, so when I actually got the tee time we had to figure out where we were going to sleep.
    Posted:

I signed up for an account and am able to log in. I'm curious how they are going to check the residency requirement now. Are they just taking your word or is it because I'm already in the system?

My guess is they'll have to go back and fix. It asks you for NYS License/ID but never asks for number. The language on the Parks site seems to indicate you need your number upon initial registration.
    Posted:
    PC51 wrote:

My guess is they'll have to go back and fix. It asks you for NYS License/ID but never asks for number. The language on the Parks site seems to indicate you need your number upon initial registration.

Just heard from someone at the park. They are no longer requiring license numbers when making a tee time. Residency status will be verified at the park on day of play.
    Posted:
    I wonder how long it will take NYS government to mess the reservation system up! Golf season is about to start. Can you still call 5162490707 to make reservation?

EDIT: OK, just spoke to Bethpage, that 249 number is NO LONGER in effect to make reservations. Go to post 20 in this thread for information. To make a reservation, either do it online or the 914 telephone number.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • benzenbebenzenbe  153WRX Points: 15Handicap: 12Members Posts: 153
    PC51 wrote:
    Just heard from someone at the park. They are no longer requiring license numbers when making a tee time. Residency status will be verified at the park on day of play.

So what's the solution for people who aren't NY residents? Just void their tee time and bump everyone up?

Think they need a two-fold system; NY residence verified and associate with your online booking account, and then again at check-in (to make sure no one's sharing their in-state online privileges).
    Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Custom Fit by True Spec Golf (NYC):
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero (9.5*) with UST Elements Platinum
    TM M2 3HL (16.5*) with Graphite Design Tour AD Fairway
    [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM M2 5W (18*) with Graphite Design Tour AD Fairway
    Srixon Z765 (4-GW) with KBS C-Taper
    [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist Vokey SM6 (56* and 60*) with KBS 610[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Off-the-Shelf:[/font]
    Evnroll ER5 Hatchback
  • BRS2014BRS2014 Respect the game  320WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 320
    Thanks for sharing guys

Just created my out of state log in
    Posted:
    I was able to book tee times on Red for next week.

Still curious how I was able to sign up as a resident without proving it. Maybe the existing system was also used to check residence status?
    Posted:

Advertisement
    WillMK5 wrote:

I was able to book tee times on Red for next week.

Still curious how I was able to sign up as a resident without proving it. Maybe the existing system was also used to check residence status?

They won't check your residency status until you check in at the park. No longer checking at time of registration. That's what I was told by the park.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.