APPLY: Titleist Tour Soft Ball Testing! 30 Members receive 1 dozen each PLUS bonus giveaway!

HipCheck

FROM TITLEIST

The continued pursuit of breakthrough technology and performance by Titleist golf ball engineers has resulted in the all-new Titleist Tour Soft golf balls.

For golfers demanding better feel, the invention of Titleist Tour Soft – the softest-feeling golf ball in its category – delivers a better performance experience. Tour Soft’s innovative design combines the largest core ever engineered into a Titleist golf ball with ultra-thin cover technology to provide responsive feel, very fast speed for commanding distance and excellent short game performance.

“We knew based on breakthroughs being made in R&D that there was an opportunity to deliver a brand new high performance golf ball that would lead the category in terms of soft compression feel,” said Michael Mahoney, Vice President, Titleist Golf Ball Marketing.“Ultimately, because of our exhaustive and iterative prototyping process, we were able to deliver everything we wanted in Tour Soft – and more. It’s not only the softest ball in the category. It’s better and longer than Chrome Soft, TP5 and Tour B RXS.”

NEW TITLEIST TOUR SOFT: EXPERIENCE BETTER PERFORMANCE. EXPERIENCE BETTER FEEL.

• The largest Titleist core ever produces category-leading soft feel and high ball speed for commanding distance. In developing Tour Soft’s core, the Titleist Golf Ball R&D and Operations teams were challenged to surpass previously accepted core size limitations in order to produce a golf ball that feels better and is as long or longer than the competition.
  • A new ultra-thin 4CE grafted cover made with TCU Process Technology generates advanced short game control. Innovations in the manufacturing process at Titleist Ball Plant 2 in Massachusetts allowed engineers to mold the extremely thin, very soft cover formulation – made from a proprietary blend of four different materials – uniformly across the surface.
  • A new spherically-tiled 342 cuboctahedron dimple design, optimized for the new Tour Soft construction, delivers a penetrating trajectory and consistent flight.
  • Tour Soft is available in both white and high-optic yellow.
  • On the web: https://www.titleist...balls/tour-soft

THE TESTERS

• 30 members (yes that's right) will be chosen to receive 1 dozen Titleist Tour Soft of their choice (white and/or high-optic yellow)
  • BONUS: 5 of the 30 will also be randomly selected to receive a limited edition Team Titleist gear pack!

TO APPLY

In a post below, please provide the following info:

• Location (City, State)
  • Handicap
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe.
  • What ball do you currently play?
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow)
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews?
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates?
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less.

Members will be chosen and notified via the PM system within 2 weeks.

Good luck!

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Location (City, State): Fate, TX
  • Handicap: 13.6
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe: Oncore Avant, Caliber & Elixir golf balls. Tested them indoors on Trackman, around the chipping/putting green/practice bunker as well as on course with Trackman when possible.
  • What model ball brand / model do you currently play?: Titleist Pro V1X
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves White, 2 sleeves Yellow)?: High-Optic Yellow
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews?: Yes
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates?: Always!
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less:
    • I use the following clubs...my Scotty Cameron Golo S, SM6 58° M, 7 iron, 19° 816 H1 and 915 D2 10.5° (unless I'm playing a round)
    • 1) Go to my friends house and hit them indoors using Trackman (few days a week for a couple of weeks)
    • 2) Go to my course and hit the chipping/putting green and the practice bunker for a few hours (few days a week for a couple of weeks)
    • 3) Go to 2 or 3 courses and get a few rounds in each week for two weeks (using my friends Trackman when possible)

Location (City, State) - Old Bridge, NJ

Handicap - 18

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. - NO

What ball do you currently play? Titleist Prov-1x

Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) - White

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes most of my courses are open

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Yes!

Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less.

I would play 4 rounds (i usually go through about a sleeve a round) at 4 different courses in my area. They all have different characteristics and play differently. I’d take notes as I play in feel, spin and durability.

• Location (City, State) - Fishers, IN
  • Handicap - 3.3
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. - Yes, I have tested the M1 and M2 irons last summer and I feel as if I provided a comprehensive review with photos.
  • What ball do you currently play? - Srixon Z-Star '15 Yellow / Taylormade TP5X
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) - I'd enjoy trying both since I currently play both yellow and white golf balls
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? - I could definitely make it work. I'm not afraid of a little cold weather!
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? - Yes
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. - I would test similarly to how I did in this thread: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1471606-the-great-golf-ball-hunt-spring-2017-edition/ I would compare it to the Z-Star off the tee, iron shots, short game, feel, spin, wind performance, and durability.

• Handicap: 7.2
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? No
  • What ball do you currently play? Bridgestone E6 or Titleist Pro-V1
  • Which color would you prefer to test: Yellow
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes, it should start to warm up quickly, and I am traveling for trips in the next few months.
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Yes
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less: I would play a round with this, then a round with 1-2 other ball types. Rinse and repeat to test for feel, distance etc.

Location (City, State)West Palm Beach FL

Handicap 4

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe.No

What ball do you currently play?Bridgeston B330S

Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow)White

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews?Yes

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates?Yes

Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less.. Would do complete on course testing at my regular track of 10 years.

"Only the lazy ones fail !" Paul Bertholy, PGA

www.dougferreri.com

Location (City, State) - Greenville, mi

Handicap - 12

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. - NO

What ball do you currently play? Tour preferred x

Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) - White

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes some of my courses are open, walking only

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Yes!

On course review vs current ball. Would like to play consecutive 2 ball rounds to get a broad comparison across all shots

• Chicago, IL
  • 4.0 handicap
  • Nope, never!
  • Pro V1x or K-sig
  • Both
  • I'll be able to start testing in the next 3 weeks
  • Yes
  • I would begin by testing the ball with driver on my SkyTrak. If the spin and ball speeds numbers look good there, I would move on to testing full, partial and pitched wedges to check spin and trajectory. The final stage of testing would be on course chipping to see how the ball reacts on the greens. An X factor is the feel and sound with the putter.

Location Santa Clara,CA

Handicap 0

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? No

What ball do you currently play? Prov1x

Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) both

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? California we play all year long :)

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Yes

I would strictly do on course testing because that for me is important

Comparison would start off the tee with all clubs, then to the approach different lies, then wedges and around the greens and putting

All noting any visual and sound differences. Anything that stood out etc

PXG 0311XF Gen 5 7.5* Ventus Black 6X
Titleist 913D2 12* UST Mamiya Tour Green 75X
PXG Gen5 19* Ventus Black 10TX
Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
Taylormade Spider Long Broomstick
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

• Location (City, State) Jacksonville Florida
  • Handicap 3.2
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. No
  • What ball do you currently play? Taylormade TP5X
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) Both
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Absolutely
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. Multiple rounds on my home course which I play many times per month. I know where I normally hit the ball, what distance I hit the ball and how the ball reacts on the greens. As well, I will do on course testing and comparing of different shots versus my current ball.

Location (City, State) - Monroe, MI

Handicap- 10

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe.

-Yes, oncore golf balls and Adidas tour shoes

What ball do you currently play?

Varies- pro v1, Vice pro, Callaway chrome soft, Kirkland signature

Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow)

Both

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews?

Not really, but I work at a golf course as a 2nd job, so whenever it’s nice out, I head out to the course shoot around and practice for summer. I also have a practice putting green in my basement

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates?

Yes- absolutely

Like I mentioned above, I work at a golf course and help coach a golf team, so I have exposure to multiple courses in the area. I have access to practice all aspects of be game, so I can give a comprehensive review and provide unbiased analysis.

Location Omaha, NE

Handicap 10.3

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? No

What ball do you currently play? Taylormade Project (a)

Which color would you prefer to test: White

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Iffy, depends on the week.

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Absolutely

Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. Feel is important, would use open short game practice areas for putting and chipping, up to full wedge shots. Into the simulator for long clubs noting feel and distance and spin against my gamer. For the odd 60* day, out to the course for side by side comparisons.

Location (City, State): Dublin, OH

Handicap: 9.8

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe.: Yes, TM M2 6 iron

What ball do you currently play? Titleist ProV1

Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) Both

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews?: Yes, my course is open on warm/dry days, officially opens mid March

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates?

I can use a sim to get to compare yardage’s, then go outside and play two balls around the course. Also use it on the short game range to see how it reacts around te teens.

Location (City, State): Hoschton GA

Handicap: 7.3

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before: Yes, I tested the Atmos Tour Spec Shaft

What ball do you currently play: Callaway Chrome Soft

Which color would you prefer to test: White

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews?: Yes

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates?: Yes

Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less: I would put these through a fell review. I review balls by testing chipping and putting first in our practice area. From there I would take them on course and hit them side by side with my current gamer ball. I would test for durability as well. I would provide pictures from all testing.

• Location - Fremont CA
  • Handicap - 17.4
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. - Yes, tested Cleveland HB Driver http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1549644-member-reviews-cleveland-launcher-hb-drivers-see-what-wrx-members-are-saying/#entry16264210
  • What ball do you currently play? Srixon Z Star, Callaway Chrome Speed, Titleist Pro V1
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) - High-Optic Yellow
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? - Yes ... playing 2-3 rounds a week currently
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? - Yes
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. - Will be able to test the ball on my SkyTrak simulator as well as on course and compare it to the balls I am playing already.

• Location (City, State) Lubbock, TX
  • Handicap 8.6
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. Yes. Snell MTB and Get Sum balls
  • What ball do you currently play? TM TPX
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) High-Optic Yellow
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes. Year round season here.
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Yes
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. Starting with checking putting feel and distance control, then moving on to feel and spin in short chips and pitches. If the ball feels and performs acceptably here, I move back to 40 - 70 yard partial wedge shots, and finally see how it measures up in regards to spin, trajectory, and distance with long irons and off the driver.

Taylormade Sim2 10.5° (turned down to 9°) - Tensei White 60 stiff

Ping G400 3 and 5 Woods - Diamana D+ Limited 70 stiff

Ping G400 22° Hybrid - Diamana D+ 90 Stiff

Ping i200 5-UW - Modus Tour 105 stiff

Vokey SM4 54° and 58° - DGS-300

Cameron Special Select Newport 2

• Location (Albany, CA)
  • Handicap (4.6)
  • What ball do you currently play? Liking the NXT lately, but mostly ProV1
  • Which color would you prefer to test: Both
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? YES
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? YES
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. Start with putting session, followed by chipping then on course test using that ball and taking a second shot (or third) with current balls.

Thanks Titleist, great opportunity and I have been looking forward to this ball coming out.

1. I am in Fredericksburg Virginia

2. I carry (and sometimes it is a heavy load) a 7.8 handicap

3. I have only had the opportunity to test once, I was selected to test the Adidas Ultimate Short a few years ago - Had a great time posting and responding to the few questions I got

4. In the winter I have been playing a Snell MTB, during peak season I play Prov1x

5. I am definitely a white ball kinda guy

6. I play all year the weather in Fredericksburg is normally mild and when it's bad we had an hour or south to Williamsburg to play. I play on the Golf Channel Am Tour and I have Tournaments scheduled starting 10 March. There will be no trouble putting the balls in play.

7. The camera is ready, and my keyboard awaits

8. When I try something new I like to compare so during my normal weekend rounds on top of having the ball in play I would hit multiple balls for comparison on a variety of shots. I would also put the ball in play during a tournament round if possible. I have three areas that are most important to me with golf balls they are 1. Ball Flight, 2. Spin, 3. Feel It's very hard to find a ball that has all three right were I would like it to be, normally there is a compromise in at least one area. The goal is to find a ball that has the least amount of compromise.

Cheers,

Jeff

Driver Taylor Made Stealth 2 HD 10.5
Stealth 2 
Stealth 2 Hybrid 3, 4, 5 
Irons Mizuno JPX923 Hot metal
Wedges Vokey SM9 50, 54, 58
Putter Scotty Special Select Flowback 5
Ball Taylor Made Tour Response

• Location (City, State) St. Petersburg, FL
  • Handicap - 9
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. Yes. 2017 TaylorMade M1, Kuro Kage Dual Core, Putt Out.
  • What ball do you currently play? ProV1
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) Both
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes, I play weekly and also have a SkyTrak for ball data.
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Of course!
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. My weekly routine is hitting the range on Wednesday, hitting balls on SkyTrak and playing once a week. I would be able to provide comparative SkyTrak data to share with the community. I will also test around the practice green to see how the ball reacts on different types of chip shots and how it feels off the putter. Lastly, I will share the most important aspect of the review, how it plays on course, durability, ability to play in the wind etc. I prefer a soft ball and this just might be the one!

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

• Location (City, State)- Berlin, CT
  • Handicap- 6.6
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe.- No
  • What ball do you currently play? Titleist AVX & PROV1
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow)- White
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews?- Either both courses I am playing in New Orleans or the open courses in Connecticut
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Absolutely!
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less.- I would set up a skytrak system to record all shots with my current balls and the Tour soft. From the drives I would be able to compare the spin numbers of the balls. Once in the fairway I will take the same 9 shots from 160-170 area to see how the ball reacts when it hits the green. I would then take all 9 shots to about 20 yards out and chip to see how the ball spins and catches on the green surface. Putting would be the same process from about 15 feet to get a feel of each ball off the club face.

In a post below, please provide the following info:

• Location (City, State): Buffalo, NY
  • Handicap: 11
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe.: Yes, TaylorMade M2 irons
  • What ball do you currently play?: Titleist ProV1x
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow): White
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews?: Yes
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates?: Yes
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less.: I would compare this ball to several similar balls (Q-Star Tour, Chrome Soft, B-330, etc) and also against other Titleist offerings. My swing speed is ~100 so (I would assume) I'm in the target market for this this ball so I would be looking to see extra distance along with tour level performance around the greens. I also have access to a SkyTrak so I'd be able to reference specific numbers in my analysis though I would weight my review more towards on-course performance.

• Location (City, State) Bedminster, NJ
  • Handicap 19
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. Yes. Driver heads & shafts.
  • What ball do you currently play? Chrome Soft.
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) Both.
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Depending on the weather. I've played 2x already this winter, but I do have access to trackman indoors, too.
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Yes.
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. Trackman testing vs other comparable balls. Short chips, pitches, full irons, driver. Then if weather permits, on course review.

[In a post below, please provide the following info:

• Location (City, State): Chapel Hill, NC
  • Handicap 9.3
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. No
  • What ball do you currently play? TP5X
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) White, please
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less.

My club has a complete practice facility, so I can evaluate the Tour Soft both on the range for a full variety of short shots (bunker shots, pitches, and chips) and putts. I also play golf on average two times per week, so I can give the ball a comprehensive on course test within the offer period. I will test it against my current ball, the TP5X, as well as other premium balls. My course has relatively little play during the week, so I can often play holes with multiple balls for additional data.

Thank you for the opportunity.

Cobra F8+ Diamana Blue S
Taylormade M1 15º, 19° Matrix Black Tie S
Royal Collection BBD VS, Shimada S 4-P
Axis1 Tour, 35"
Ben Hogan 51º
Anthem 56°
Miura 59°

• Fuquay Varina, North Carolina
  • 2016 Taylormade Tour Preferred / Srixon Z star
  • Both
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes, it will be a chilly 75 here today. :)
  • On course testing. I can walk out to the 3rd green and extensively test the short game aspect of ball vs ball then head to the 4th tee box and test ball vs ball with driver all the way down the bag.

Location (City, State): Fredericksburg, VA

• Handicap: 3.3
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe: I was part of the Gear Trials in 2016

• What model ball brand / model do you currently play?: Titleist ProV1, CSX and KSig
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves White, 2 sleeves Yellow)?: white
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates?: Of Course!!!!
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less:

• I can use all my clubs at my local fitter on GC2 in case weather does not cooperate, also, on course testing on a few different golf courses to see ball reaction on different types of grass especially on the greens, I can chip and putt on the practice greens to get a feel for the spin and overall performance.

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

• Location (City, State)- Morristown, NJ
  • Handicap- 5.9
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe.-I have not, but I am looking forward to an opportunity to do so.
  • What ball do you currently play? -Currently playing Taylormade Tour Preferred's as I stocked up last summer. I also play Pro-V1X's regularly
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow)- I would prefer white
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews- My home course will be open for play on 3/15 so I will be able to do an on course review starting on 3/15. In the meantime, I can most likely find a public course around that is open on a weekend afternoon if necessary.
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates?- Yes, absolutely
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. - I would most likely play 2balls off each tee, 1 with the TourSoft and 1 with my regular ball (TM Tour Preferred). I would also probably drop a few in a different lies around each green (time permitting) and hit some wedge shots and putts to get a feel for how the ball performs in many different lies and playing conditions.

• Elkton, MD
  • No
  • Srixon QST
  • Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow)
  • I sure hope so.
  • If chosen yes I do
  • Testing would be done by putting on my putting green indoors, putting on putting greens before rounds and of course testing on course for which there is no substitute. Attention would be paid to ball flight, distance, feel and performance around the greens.

• Location (City, State): Greenville, SC
  • Handicap: 5.0
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. Yes, I had the opportunity to test Adidas Tour360 2.0 shoes
  • What ball do you currently play? Callaway Chrome Soft
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow): White
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes, we play year round here :)
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Absolutely
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. I would work in the practice area first to compare to current gamer to see how it reacts off of wedges and the putter. I would then plan to do on course testing vs. current gamer (play 2 balls per hole). Based on what I have read, it sounds as though this is meant to compete with the Chrome Soft. I have been playing that ball for sometime, so I would be able to provide detailed feedback on how they compare.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 degree with Hzrdus Smoke 70 stiff
Callaway Epic Flash 5 wood (-1) with AD-TP 7S
Callaway Epic 3 and 4 hybrid with Graphite Design AD-DI 85S
Callaway X-Forged with Nippon Modus 105X 
Edel 51, 56, 60 wedges with KBS 610 stiff shafts
Scotty Cameron NP2
Ball: Titleist ProV1x

Location (City, State)Louisville, Kentucky

Handicap 9

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? Yes, SuperStroke TX1 Grips

What ball do you currently play? Pro V1x

Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow)White

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates?Yes

Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less.. Would do complete on course testing at my home course, both on the course and in the practice area testing different area's for different spin and cover durability.

• Location (City, State) Morris Plains, NJ
  • Handicap ~18 (unofficial)
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. Yes, have tested the Srixon Q-Star Tour balls and the Most Important Stretch In Golf device.
  • What ball do you currently play? Srixon Q-Star Tour
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) White
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes, there are a few public courses in the area that are open or partially open
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. There is a course that is usually not busy and I can get out as a single. Would play 3 different balls - my gamer, the Titleist, and my old gamer (a Bridgestone ball), 2 balls per hole in a scramble format so that all shots will be comparable to each other. The course also has chipping and putting greens, so would use that to gather more info on short game performance.