Rock Bottom Golf

bdawg983 ·  
bdawg983bdawg983 The Granite StateMembers  384WRX Points: 106Handicap: 4.0Posts: 384 Greens
Rock Bottom Golf is running a sale today 20% off 1 item, there are some exclusions. I got the email, but haven't had a chance to browse. Wanted to let you know. They usually have pretty good prices.

Posted:
In the bag, at the moment:

Ping G400 Max 10.5* Fujikura Pro Green 60 Limited Edition Stiff
Ping G410 5 wood 17.5* UST Elements Chrome 7F4
Ping G410 22* hybrid Ping Tour 85 Stiff set at 21*
Callaway Apex UT 24* KBS Tour C-Taper Stiff
Nike VR Pro Combo 5-PW Project X 5.5 shafts
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled '09 Oil Can 52*, 56*, 62* Project X 5.5 shafts
Odyssey White Hot Pro #3 or Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport
Nike Sportlite II carry bag, olive/camo

Comments

• golf0101golf0101 Members  284WRX Points: 70Posts: 284 Greens
    Yes and as expected RBG has raised the price on most items to cancel out the discount.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members  4011WRX Points: 745Posts: 4,011 Titanium Tees
    golf0101 wrote:

Yes and as expected RBG has raised the price on most items to cancel out the discount.

Typical...
    Posted:
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • BB28403BB28403 Members  4279WRX Points: 755Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Posts: 4,279 Titanium Tees
    They Would...
    Posted:
  • jl3424jl3424 Members  109WRX Points: 39Posts: 109 Fairways
    golf0101 wrote:

lol of course
    Posted:
  • Tyus StonesTyus Stones Duke's out. I'm suspended. Definitely not a high point.. Members  2048WRX Points: 20Posts: 2,048 Platinum Tees
    Raised price by $10, but net reduction of $10 w/ 20% off. Add in the $25 credit from the LTD Black fiasco, and I am now the proud owner of a new Huntington Beach 11 for under $60 all in

I'll take it image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
  • Bimmer1Bimmer1 Members  2551WRX Points: 101Posts: 2,551 Titanium Tees

Raised price by $10, but net reduction of $10 w/ 20% off. Add in the $25 credit from the LTD Black fiasco, and I am now the proud owner of a new Huntington Beach 11 for under $60 all in

I thought about using the discount and my $25 credit to buy the same putter!!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Tyus StonesTyus Stones Duke's out. I'm suspended. Definitely not a high point.. Members  2048WRX Points: 20Posts: 2,048 Platinum Tees
    Bimmer1 wrote:

I thought about using the discount and my $25 credit to buy the same putter!!

Don't forget to use "SignUp" at checkout, get another 4 bucks off the total image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:
  • andrew_pandrew_p Members  109WRX Points: 20Posts: 109 Fairways
    It seriously annoys me so much that they do that. Every time I open their newsletters I get excited and then disappointed
    Posted:
    USuckGoAgain
  • SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members  1708WRX Points: 228Handicap: 6Posts: 1,708 Platinum Tees

Posted:
  • SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members  1708WRX Points: 228Handicap: 6Posts: 1,708 Platinum Tees
    HB 11 is a great putter. Sold my 5w after getting mine and haven't looked back. 3x the putter for 1/3 the price.
    Posted:
  • juspoolejuspoole Members  17WRX Points: 0Handicap: 5Posts: 17
    Ended up grabbing a Precision Pro NX7 slope rangefinder for $190. Probably could have found a bit cheaper somewhere else, but I've been in the market for rangefinder with slope for a while and most reviews I've read were good.

Tried it out on the range - still too cold here in Indiana to play and it worked very well.
    Posted:
    Left Hander -
    Taylormade M2 Hzrdus Red Shaft 6.5
    Titleist 712 U 2 Iron 18*
    Mizuno MP 18 SC 4 - PW DG AMT X100 shaft
    Titleist SM6 49* and 54* Nippon Modus Wedge Shafts
    Mizuno T5 58* TT DG Shaft
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

Advertisement
  • ntwuscntwusc Members  138WRX Points: 91Posts: 138 Fairways
    I just ordered a Callaway 300 Pro rangefinder with their 20% off Callaway deal plus another 10% off coupon I found, with free next day shipping to boot! Ended up paying $216 while it's $300 everywhere else.
    Posted:
  • MattyP353MattyP353 Peachtree City, GAMembers  1WRX Points: 15Posts: 1 Starters

Worst service of all the sites out there. Refused to give me a price adjustment and the club hasn't even arrived yet!

Posted:
  • ndkidndkid Members  77WRX Points: 45Posts: 77 Fairways

Picked up a Precision Pro NX9 with an extra 5% off.

Posted:

WITB:
    Callaway Epic Triple Diamond 9 degree w/ Mitsubishi Diamana White 60
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3 Wood 14 degree w/ Graphite Design BB 70
    Callaway Apex '19 Hybrid 18 and 23 degree with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI
    Callaway Apex Pro DOT '19 5-PW Irons with KBS Tour V
    Miura 1957 Y Grind 51 degree with KBS Shaft
    Titliest SM7 56 degree with KBS shaft
    Callaway MD4 Raw 60 degree with KBS Hi Rev
    Toulon Austin Putter
    Srixon Z star ball

• brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers  3595WRX Points: 590Handicap: 8.2Posts: 3,595 Titanium Tees

I don't even bother to visit RBG.com due to their raise the price/discount practice

Posted:

Sun Mountain 2.5+

PING i20 10.5*

(Cobra King F9 5/6)

Adams a7 19*

(PING G25 23*)

Cleveland TA5 5-P

Titleist SM7 52.08F, 58.08M

PING BeCu Anser

• jli2636jli2636 Members  1092WRX Points: 130Posts: 1,092 Platinum Tees

On -, @brew4eagle said:

I don't even bother to visit RBG.com due to their raise the price/discount practice

You do realize this is common amongst most retailers right? Callaway preowned does it, ive seen global golf do it, Kohl’s is notorious for it, etc

Posted:

Advertisement
  • VNutzVNutz Members  6743WRX Points: 657Posts: 6,743 Titanium Tees

Their price movement is frustrating, but often they have items at prices no others can touch. Have to take the good with the bad with them.

Posted:
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers  3595WRX Points: 590Handicap: 8.2Posts: 3,595 Titanium Tees

On -, @jli2636 said:

On -, @brew4eagle said:

You do realize this is common amongst most retailers right? Callaway preowned does it, ive seen global golf do it, Kohl’s is notorious for it, etc

I do, and I don't buy from those retailers listed either.

Posted:

Sun Mountain 2.5+

PING i20 10.5*

(Cobra King F9 5/6)

Adams a7 19*

(PING G25 23*)

Cleveland TA5 5-P

PING BeCu Anser

• Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers  9273WRX Points: 2,912Posts: 9,273 Titanium Tees

On -, @brew4eagle said:

On -, @jli2636 said:

On -, @brew4eagle said:

I'm a sucker for killer deals so don't mind playing their games. You do need to be diligent, but if you time the sales/coupons/etc correct you can score some solid gear on the cheap. RBG also randomly gets some nice over-stock stuff. Best deal was a premium titleist rolling travel bag for $125

Posted:

On -, @Krt22 said:

On -, @brew4eagle said:

On -, @jli2636 said:

On -, @brew4eagle said:

I'm a sucker for killer deals so don't mind playing their games. You do need to be diligent, but if you time the sales/coupons/etc correct you can score some solid gear on the cheap. RBG also randomly gets some nice over-stock stuff. Best deal was a premium titleist rolling travel bag for $125

I shouldn't say I don't buy from those retailers. I just don't click on their 'latest, greatest sale' ads when they show up in the inbox. If I'm looking for a specific item, and it's cheapest at one of these retailers then I'll definitely buy there. Personally, their advertising approach drives me away fron their sites.

Posted:

Sun Mountain 2.5+

PING i20 10.5*

(Cobra King F9 5/6)

Adams a7 19*

(PING G25 23*)

Cleveland TA5 5-P

PING BeCu Anser

• BreezyBrett20BreezyBrett20 Members  81WRX Points: 34Posts: 81 Fairways

On -, @brew4eagle said:

On -, @Krt22 said:

On -, @brew4eagle said:

On -, @jli2636 said:

On -, @brew4eagle said:

I shouldn't say I don't buy from those retailers. I just don't click on their 'latest, greatest sale' ads when they show up in the inbox. If I'm looking for a specific item, and it's cheapest at one of these retailers then I'll definitely buy there. Personally, their advertising approach drives me away fron their sites.

It definitely gets overwhelming

Posted:

Advertisement
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members  2558WRX Points: 295Posts: 2,558 Titanium Tees

One great beef I have with rbg is that they devalued they reward point big time without any notice. I lost about $75.
    Few weeks ago, they took away about 1500 points from my account. They claim it was system mis-calculation and they are correcting it now. Problem is last item ordered I got points for was couple years ago. So they are taking away points that you earned over 2 years ago.

Posted:
  • rynobucketrynobucket Members  935WRX Points: 126Posts: 935 Golden Tee

On -, @larciel said:

One great beef I have with rbg is that they devalued they reward point big time without any notice. I lost about $75.
    Few weeks ago, they took away about 1500 points from my account. They claim it was system mis-calculation and they are correcting it now. Problem is last item ordered I got points for was couple years ago. So they are taking away points that you earned over 2 years ago.

Yeah, I checked my account a few days ago and saw I had -900 points. Looks like I won't be getting a reward anytime soon. I recall a few years back, them explaining that they had erroneously calculated points on the 'original' price rather than the 75% off price that I paid.

Posted:

On -, @rynobucket said:

On -, @larciel said:

Yeah, I checked my account a few days ago and saw I had -900 points. Looks like I won't be getting a reward anytime soon. I recall a few years back, them explaining that they had erroneously calculated points on the 'original' price rather than the 75% off price that I paid.

Very interesting. I had the same thing just a few months ago. Was sitting on a bunch of points and hadn’t bought anything in a few years. Made a purchase that would have put me at a reward level and the next day I had -800 points or something. When i contacted them I got the same recalculation rhetoric, which I told them was quite curious timing considering my account status. I didnt push further as I didn’t feel like trying with them, let me know if you hear anything.

Posted:
  • tlehmanntlehmann Members  119WRX Points: 88Handicap: +0.6Posts: 119 Fairways

RBG has definitely gone downhill compared to the old days. They don't have the sick deals they had before the website redesign.

Posted:
    Titleist TS2 9.5* / Project X EvenFlow White T1100 65X
    Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 16.5* / Project X Hzrdus Smoke 80 6.5
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 4 Iron / Nippon Modus 120X
    Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 4-PW / Nippon Modus 120X
    Titleist SM7 52.08F* / Nippon Modus 120X
    Titleist SM7 56.08M* / KBS Tour 610 S+
    Titleist SM7 60.04L* / KBS Tour 610 S+
    Ping Vault Bergen
  • TheButteryCutTheButteryCut Members  398WRX Points: 157Handicap: 1.1Posts: 398 Greens

Has anyone purchased any Cobra Golf products off of RBG lately? Wondering my odds of getting the real thing as they are not an authorized dealer. I have always had good experience with them but just curious.

Posted:
    [font=georgia,serif] Cobra F9 9.5* with Speeder 661 Evo TS X
    Cobra F9 13.5 with Speeder 757 Evo TS X
    Cobra F9 18 with PX Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
    Cobra Fly-Z Pro 3-PW with DG X100 AMT
    Scratch 8620 52* DS with DG X100 AMT
    Scratch 8620 58* DD with DG X100 AMT
    Scotty Cameron
    [/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Taylormade TP5x[/font]

Advertisement
  • rynobucketrynobucket Members  935WRX Points: 126Posts: 935 Golden Tee

I have bought a Cobra Baffler from them in the past year, no issues. I can't imagine they would be in the business of selling fake items.

If you are buying pre-owned, I guess the possibility is out there.

Posted:
  • TheButteryCutTheButteryCut Members  398WRX Points: 157Handicap: 1.1Posts: 398 Greens

I have always had good experience with them, but just wanted to ask. They were new and got a **** of a deal on them, so just hoping it's not too good to be true. I would think Cobra would be a hard knockoff for their last line. Was hoping someone else might have ordered the F9 line and got the real deal to confirm...

Posted:
    [font=georgia,serif] Cobra F9 9.5* with Speeder 661 Evo TS X
    Cobra F9 13.5 with Speeder 757 Evo TS X
    Cobra F9 18 with PX Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
    Cobra Fly-Z Pro 3-PW with DG X100 AMT
    Scratch 8620 52* DS with DG X100 AMT
    Scratch 8620 58* DD with DG X100 AMT
    Scotty Cameron
    [/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Taylormade TP5x[/font]

They are legit and often have great deals on Cobra products. Their Baffler deal in the last year or two was one of the best around for quite a while, lower prices than used. To be honest I'm not sure I've seen fake Cobra items hit the market, but I may not have been looking for it.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • mlaingmlaing Members  51WRX Points: 65Posts: 51 Bunkers

I got the F9 driver from them last year and I believe it was drop shipped direct from Cobra. I had a ton of trade in credit so didn't get any real discount but it was the real deal.

Posted:
    Driver - Cobra F9 9* with Fujikura Atmos 7X
    5 Wood -
    Hybrid - Adams Super LS 23*
    5 & 6 Irons - Srixon Z545
    7 - PW - Srixon Z745
    Wedges - Bridgestone J15 50* and 54* and Callaway PM grind 58* and 64*
    Putter - Evnroll ER9.2 33 inches

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.