Rock Bottom Golf

bdawg983bdawg983 Members Posts: 336 ✭✭✭✭
Rock Bottom Golf is running a sale today 20% off 1 item, there are some exclusions. I got the email, but haven't had a chance to browse. Wanted to let you know. They usually have pretty good prices.

In the bag, at the moment:

Ping G400 SFT 12* Fujikura Pro Green Limited Edition Stiff
Nike Vapor Fly 3 HL UST Elements Chrome 7F3 Stiff
Nike Vapor Fly 7 wood Accra SC 95 M5 or Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4 iron Project X 6.0 shaft
Ping G410 22* hybrid Ping Tour 85 Stiff
 Nike VR Pro Combo 5-PW Project X 5.5 shafts
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled '09 Oil Can 52*, 56*, 62* Project X 5.5 shafts
Odyssey White Hot Pro #3
Nike Sportlite II carry bag, olive/camo

Comments

• golf0101golf0101 Members Posts: 262 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes and as expected RBG has raised the price on most items to cancel out the discount.
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    golf0101 wrote:

Yes and as expected RBG has raised the price on most items to cancel out the discount.

Typical...
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • jl3424jl3424 Members Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    golf0101 wrote:

lol of course
  • Tyus StonesTyus Stones Duke's out. I'm suspended. Definitely not a high point.. Members Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    Raised price by $10, but net reduction of $10 w/ 20% off. Add in the $25 credit from the LTD Black fiasco, and I am now the proud owner of a new Huntington Beach 11 for under $60 all in

I'll take it image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Bimmer1Bimmer1 Members Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Raised price by $10, but net reduction of $10 w/ 20% off. Add in the $25 credit from the LTD Black fiasco, and I am now the proud owner of a new Huntington Beach 11 for under $60 all in

I thought about using the discount and my $25 credit to buy the same putter!!
  • Tyus StonesTyus Stones Duke's out. I'm suspended. Definitely not a high point.. Members Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    Bimmer1 wrote:

I thought about using the discount and my $25 credit to buy the same putter!!

Don't forget to use "SignUp" at checkout, get another 4 bucks off the total image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
  • andrew_pandrew_p Members Posts: 109
    It seriously annoys me so much that they do that. Every time I open their newsletters I get excited and then disappointed
    USuckGoAgain
  • SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

• SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    HB 11 is a great putter. Sold my 5w after getting mine and haven't looked back. 3x the putter for 1/3 the price.
  • juspoolejuspoole Members Posts: 17
    Ended up grabbing a Precision Pro NX7 slope rangefinder for $190. Probably could have found a bit cheaper somewhere else, but I've been in the market for rangefinder with slope for a while and most reviews I've read were good.

Tried it out on the range - still too cold here in Indiana to play and it worked very well.
    Left Hander -
    Taylormade M2 Hzrdus Red Shaft 6.5
    Titleist 712 U 2 Iron 18*
    Mizuno MP 18 SC 4 - PW DG AMT X100 shaft
    Titleist SM6 49* and 54* Nippon Modus Wedge Shafts
    Mizuno T5 58* TT DG Shaft
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2
  • ntwuscntwusc Members Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    I just ordered a Callaway 300 Pro rangefinder with their 20% off Callaway deal plus another 10% off coupon I found, with free next day shipping to boot! Ended up paying $216 while it's $300 everywhere else.
  • MattyP353MattyP353 Peachtree City, GAMembers Posts: 1

Worst service of all the sites out there. Refused to give me a price adjustment and the club hasn't even arrived yet!

• ndkidndkid Members Posts: 74 ✭✭

Picked up a Precision Pro NX9 with an extra 5% off.

WITB:
    Callaway Epic Triple Diamond 9 degree w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke
    Callaway Epic Flash 3 Wood w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke
    Callaway Apex Pro DOT '19 Irons with KBS Tour V
    Miura 1957 Y Grind 51 degree with KBS Shaft
    Titliest SM7 56 degree with KBS shaft
    Callaway MD4 Raw 60 degree with KBS Hi Rev
    Toulon Austin Putter
    Srixon Z star ball

• brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don't even bother to visit RBG.com due to their raise the price/discount practice

PING i20 10.5
    Adams a7 19
    PING G25 23
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist Vokey SM6 52F, 58M
    Cameron Studio Select Newport
  • jli2636jli2636 Members Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@brew4eagle said:
    I don't even bother to visit RBG.com due to their raise the price/discount practice

You do realize this is common amongst most retailers right? Callaway preowned does it, ive seen global golf do it, Kohl’s is notorious for it, etc

• VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Their price movement is frustrating, but often they have items at prices no others can touch. Have to take the good with the bad with them.

@jli2636 said:

@brew4eagle said:

You do realize this is common amongst most retailers right? Callaway preowned does it, ive seen global golf do it, Kohl’s is notorious for it, etc

I do, and I don't buy from those retailers listed either.

PING i20 10.5
    Adams a7 19
    PING G25 23
  • Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@brew4eagle said:

@jli2636 said:

@brew4eagle said:

I'm a sucker for killer deals so don't mind playing their games. You do need to be diligent, but if you time the sales/coupons/etc correct you can score some solid gear on the cheap. RBG also randomly gets some nice over-stock stuff. Best deal was a premium titleist rolling travel bag for $125

@Krt22 said:

@brew4eagle said:

@jli2636 said:

@brew4eagle said:

I'm a sucker for killer deals so don't mind playing their games. You do need to be diligent, but if you time the sales/coupons/etc correct you can score some solid gear on the cheap. RBG also randomly gets some nice over-stock stuff. Best deal was a premium titleist rolling travel bag for $125

I shouldn't say I don't buy from those retailers. I just don't click on their 'latest, greatest sale' ads when they show up in the inbox. If I'm looking for a specific item, and it's cheapest at one of these retailers then I'll definitely buy there. Personally, their advertising approach drives me away fron their sites.

PING i20 10.5
    Adams a7 19
    PING G25 23
  • BreezyBrett20BreezyBrett20 Members Posts: 84 ✭✭✭

@brew4eagle said:

@Krt22 said:

@brew4eagle said:

@jli2636 said:

@brew4eagle said:

I shouldn't say I don't buy from those retailers. I just don't click on their 'latest, greatest sale' ads when they show up in the inbox. If I'm looking for a specific item, and it's cheapest at one of these retailers then I'll definitely buy there. Personally, their advertising approach drives me away fron their sites.

It definitely gets overwhelming

• larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

One great beef I have with rbg is that they devalued they reward point big time without any notice. I lost about $75.
    Few weeks ago, they took away about 1500 points from my account. They claim it was system mis-calculation and they are correcting it now. Problem is last item ordered I got points for was couple years ago. So they are taking away points that you earned over 2 years ago.

• rynobucketrynobucket Members Posts: 867 ✭✭✭✭✭

@larciel said:
    One great beef I have with rbg is that they devalued they reward point big time without any notice. I lost about $75.
    Few weeks ago, they took away about 1500 points from my account. They claim it was system mis-calculation and they are correcting it now. Problem is last item ordered I got points for was couple years ago. So they are taking away points that you earned over 2 years ago.

Yeah, I checked my account a few days ago and saw I had -900 points. Looks like I won't be getting a reward anytime soon. I recall a few years back, them explaining that they had erroneously calculated points on the 'original' price rather than the 75% off price that I paid.

• VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@rynobucket said:

@larciel said:

Yeah, I checked my account a few days ago and saw I had -900 points. Looks like I won't be getting a reward anytime soon. I recall a few years back, them explaining that they had erroneously calculated points on the 'original' price rather than the 75% off price that I paid.

Very interesting. I had the same thing just a few months ago. Was sitting on a bunch of points and hadn’t bought anything in a few years. Made a purchase that would have put me at a reward level and the next day I had -800 points or something. When i contacted them I got the same recalculation rhetoric, which I told them was quite curious timing considering my account status. I didnt push further as I didn’t feel like trying with them, let me know if you hear anything.

• tlehmanntlehmann Members Posts: 66 ✭✭

RBG has definitely gone downhill compared to the old days. They don't have the sick deals they had before the website redesign.

Titleist TS2 9.5* / Project X EvenFlow White T1100 65X
    Taylormade SLDR 14* / Fujikura Motore Tour Spec 8.3X
    Titleist 818H2 19* / Fujikura Atmos Black 9X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 4 Iron / Nippon Modus 120X
    Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 4-PW / Nippon Modus 120X
    Titleist SM5 52.08F* / KBS Tour 610 S+
    Titleist SM7 56.08M* / KBS Tour 610 S+
    Titleist SM7 60.04L* / KBS Tour 610 S+
    Taylormade Spider X
    Yes! Dawn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list