Ping G400 9 wood and Ping G25 hybrid

pingman_24 ·  
pingman_24pingman_24  228WRX Points: 96Members Posts: 228 Fairways
I have a Ping G400 9 wood set at 23° and have just purchased a new Ping G25 23° hybrid.

My question is which will go further?

I know both clubs are the replacement for a 4 iron according to Ping but the G25 was a 4 iron replacement when the 4 iron was about 23°. The 4 iron now in the G400 is 20.5° so the 9 wood replaces a stronger iron so I'm thinking its more of a 3 iron replacement against the G25 line.

I purchased the G25 23° after a range session where I noticed a significant gap between 27° hybrid and the 9 wood. I bought it on a whim so hoping it fills the gap.

Any thoughts.
Posted:
Ping G400 Max 10.5° Alta CB
Ping G 5 Wood 17.5° Alta CB
Ping Karsten Hybrid 19° and 22° KS401
Ping Karsten 5-SW KS401
Ping Glide 2.0 WS 60° KS401
Ping Sigma G Kushin

Comments

• matchavezmatchavez Aotearoa New Zealand 4286WRX Points: 375Unregistered Posts: 4,286 Titanium Tees
    The one with the longer shaft. (Edit: will go further.)
    Posted:

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.