Apex mb vs AP2 Club choice & players feedback

mrheermrheer Members Posts: 2
I am looking for some feedback. I am a 15 handicap with a weak short game. I had virtually a new set of 2014 Callaway Apex MBs fall on my lap 2 weeks ago. I currently play Titliest AP2's but, I have never played a blade. I do hit the ball consistent and my length is average.My concern is; I do not want to put a bunch of time into a new set of clubs that are considered a "players" club. Again, just looking for some opinions and feedback.

Comments

• kody17kody17 Posts: 746 ✭✭
    edited Feb 25, 2018 #2
    Play whichever set feels more comfortable and performs for you. Both iron sets are considered "players" irons. The AP2's will likely be more forgiving, but don't let that deter you from playing blades like the Apex. Some people play better with blades.

Titleist 910 D2 10.5* w/ Motore Speeder VC 6.2 TS X
    Adams Tight Lies 16* w/ Aldila Rogue I/O Stiff
    Srixon U85 18* w/ UST Recoil 95 X
    Srixon z545 4-PW w/ DG X100
    Cleveland RTX 3 50* & 58* w/ DG X100
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 1W

• andyk856andyk856 Posts: 162 ✭✭
    A friend of mine plays the apex mb and he loves them. I like them as well but at the time i was playing the ap2 and i liked the feel of my ap2 more. but i could def game the apex mb, very good club.
    Taylormade M6 / Tensei Orange 60 TX shaft
    Titleist 917F2 / Fujikura Pro XLR8 71 TS shaft
    Titleist 718 CB / Project X LZ 6.5
    Titleist 712U 2 Iron / X 95 Graphite Design Tour AD UT
    Titleist SM6 52 wedge
    Titleist SM6 56 wedge
    Titleist SM6 60 wedge
    Taylormade Spider Black on black
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, CanadaMembers Posts: 7,706 ✭✭
    Play both, hit them head to head?! AP2s will be a bit more forgiving, but you may be surprised how well you might hit he MBs? Nothing ventured, nothing gained!? image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Bag under construction

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly