Apex mb vs AP2 Club choice & players feedback

mrheer ·  
mrheermrheer  2WRX Points: 20Handicap: 15Members Posts: 2 Starters
I am looking for some feedback. I am a 15 handicap with a weak short game. I had virtually a new set of 2014 Callaway Apex MBs fall on my lap 2 weeks ago. I currently play Titliest AP2's but, I have never played a blade. I do hit the ball consistent and my length is average.My concern is; I do not want to put a bunch of time into a new set of clubs that are considered a "players" club. Again, just looking for some opinions and feedback.
Posted:

Comments

• kody17kody17  781WRX Points: 100Members Posts: 781 Golden Tee
    Play whichever set feels more comfortable and performs for you. Both iron sets are considered "players" irons. The AP2's will likely be more forgiving, but don't let that deter you from playing blades like the Apex. Some people play better with blades.
    Posted:

Callaway Epic Star 10.5* w/ Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2 TS X
    TEE CBX 15* w/ Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2 TS X
    Titleist 910H 21* w/ DG X100
    Cleveland Launcher HB 5-PW w/ DG TI X100
    Titleist SM6 52* & 58* w/ DG S300
    Odyssey Exo Indianapolis Stroke Lab

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • andyk856andyk856  200WRX Points: 66Handicap: +1Members Posts: 200 Fairways
    A friend of mine plays the apex mb and he loves them. I like them as well but at the time i was playing the ap2 and i liked the feel of my ap2 more. but i could def game the apex mb, very good club.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 / HZRDUS smoke green Hulk 70 TX 
    Callaway Sub Zero 5 wood /  Hzrdus smoke black 80X 
    Titleist 718 CB 3-9 / Project X LZ 6.5
    Titleist SM7 46/10 wedge
    Titleist SM7 52/12 wedge
    Titleist SM7 56/14 wedge
    Titleist SM7 60/10 wedge
    Scotty Cameron Newport 
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, Canada 8141WRX Points: 346Handicap: ScotchMembers Posts: 8,141 Titanium Tees
    Play both, hit them head to head?! AP2s will be a bit more forgiving, but you may be surprised how well you might hit he MBs? Nothing ventured, nothing gained!? image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:
    In the bag:

Demoing for 2020.

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.