ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

***ATTENTION!!! PRICING OR NEGATIVE COMMENTS - ZERO TOLERANCE***

SheriffBoothSheriffBooth Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 4,379 mod
ALL BST USERS:



We have had a rash of recent problems involving users making comments about pricing or product in BST ad threads. This is becoming so prevalent that we have no choice but begin handing out automatic 14-day suspensions if this continues.



DO NOT COMMENT IN BST THREADS ABOUT PRICING.



We do not want to have to close BST ads for comments like the WTB ads. But please refrain from making comments in BST threads unless it is a specific question about the product or to alert the Seller that you have sent them a PM. All other comments, particularly negative comments, will result in a suspension of posting privileges.
Taylormade M6, 9.0*, Hzrdus Smoke 60 S
Taylormade M5, 15*, Hzrdus Smoke 70 S
Callaway Apex 3H, Kuro Kage S
Taylormade P-790, 4-PW, Recoil 110 F4 +1"
Taylormade MG 50, 56, 60 Recoil 110 F4 +1"
Taylormade Spider Tour Black, 36"
«1

Comments

  • LansingMILansingMI Best golfer in the capital city (no proof YET) Advanced Members Posts: 977
    No comments at all ?? Even about the gear and/or seller in a positive light ?
    L4V 10.5 or RBZ HL w/ A-flex 44"

    COBRA Baffler XL 16* 18*
    COBRA Baffler XL 22* 25* 28* hybrids
    COBRA FLY-Z XL 7-PW

    DTG Component Wedges 50* 54* 60* 63* (custom grinds) torched plus 15-20g lead powder.

    Heavy Putter B2m 34" Ust FF Bocceri Secret MID
    Rife Switchback XL 34" UST FF Bocceri Secret MID
  • dvdtdvdt Advanced Members Posts: 10,470 ✭✭
    LansingMI wrote:


    No comments at all ?? Even about the gear and/or seller in a positive light ?




    It says twice no comments about pricing.
  • SheriffBoothSheriffBooth Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 4,379 mod
    Comment at your own risk. If we get a Report from a seller that a comment is negative or affecting their ad we will begin taking more stringent action. There's a lot of backhanded "compliments" going around these days that we are having to deal with and we're not going to have debates about intent.
    Taylormade M6, 9.0*, Hzrdus Smoke 60 S
    Taylormade M5, 15*, Hzrdus Smoke 70 S
    Callaway Apex 3H, Kuro Kage S
    Taylormade P-790, 4-PW, Recoil 110 F4 +1"
    Taylormade MG 50, 56, 60 Recoil 110 F4 +1"
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black, 36"
  • DpavsDpavs OverWRX'ed Advanced Members Posts: 3,292 ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I think the point is you cannot comment about the listing price itself. I would hope this also goes both ways... you should not be able to comment about whether you think the price is a good price or a bad price.



    I'm pretty sure you can still indicate that you did a transaction with the seller and it was positive, but SheriffBooth can probably confirm or refute this. (Apparently he already has while I was still typing this up! Answer: Comment at your own risk!)



    I think it's much better for potential buyers to simply check the sellers feedback scores and comments associated with feedback. It makes much more sense to encourage this to me.
  • GwrxModGwrxMod Marshals Posts: 1,415 mod
    Anyone that pretends they don't know about the rule against making negative pricing comments typically has been warned about it before and knows the exact meaning behind the rule.



    Move on to another thread if you don't like someone's price.



    Period.



    MOVE. ON.



    No flippant comments. No backhanded comments. No GLWS.
  • SheriffBoothSheriffBooth Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 4,379 mod
    GolfWRX is a friendly place, with friendly Members and friendly Mods image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> . When the Mods have to deal with BST comments it makes them less friendly, and they've been having to deal with it quite a bit in the last few weeks so they are now feeling particularly crabby.
    Taylormade M6, 9.0*, Hzrdus Smoke 60 S
    Taylormade M5, 15*, Hzrdus Smoke 70 S
    Callaway Apex 3H, Kuro Kage S
    Taylormade P-790, 4-PW, Recoil 110 F4 +1"
    Taylormade MG 50, 56, 60 Recoil 110 F4 +1"
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black, 36"
  • LansingMILansingMI Best golfer in the capital city (no proof YET) Advanced Members Posts: 977
    This makes sense, I guess I just really liked looking through BST and reading the comments. Every now and then a [email protected] would say [email protected] things, but we all hated that person together. Sad to see it go is all
    L4V 10.5 or RBZ HL w/ A-flex 44"

    COBRA Baffler XL 16* 18*
    COBRA Baffler XL 22* 25* 28* hybrids
    COBRA FLY-Z XL 7-PW

    DTG Component Wedges 50* 54* 60* 63* (custom grinds) torched plus 15-20g lead powder.

    Heavy Putter B2m 34" Ust FF Bocceri Secret MID
    Rife Switchback XL 34" UST FF Bocceri Secret MID
  • MTMMTM Advanced Members Posts: 1,182
    Sinc e this is an active thread with a Mod present may I get clarification on something?



    When an item is sold should the seller leave the price in the ad rather than replacing it with SOLD?



    I like to see prices because it helps me arrive at market value for stuff I am selling.



    The General Rukes are not clear to me regarding this practice.
  • FairwaySheriffFairwaySheriff The Other Sheriff Advanced Members Posts: 290
    The Sheriff is one of the nicest, friendliest mods around here. If he has to start a thread like this, there's a problem. Do what he asks & everything will be fine
  • cardozacardoza Advanced Members Posts: 1,181 ✭✭
    MTM wrote:


    Sinc e this is an active thread with a Mod present may I get clarification on something?



    When an item is sold should the seller leave the price in the ad rather than replacing it with SOLD?



    I like to see prices because it helps me arrive at market value for stuff I am selling.



    The General Rukes are not clear to me regarding this practice.




    I 1,000% agree with this.
    Titleist TS3 8.5* - Matrix MFS Black Tie 70X
    Callaway Rogue Subzero 13.5* - HZRDUS Yellow 83X
    Callaway Rogue Subzero 18* - Accra 380 M5
    Miura 501CB 3-PW - KBS Tour 130X
    Callaway MD4 52* W Grind and 58* X Grind - DG X100
    Byron Morgan 612 35"
  • cubanstogiecubanstogie Advanced Members Posts: 489
    keith723 wrote:


    I definitley agree with this...it should be zero tolerance, seller has a right to set their price and buyers have a choice to buy it or PM and the seller and make an offer.



    My personal favorite though is "man, I would totally take those irons if they had Dynamic Gold X7's"...lol. It only happens once in a blue moon, but it's good stuff.


    I will follow rules out of respect for authority, and the fact it’s a great site but Idon’t like seeing non tour issued stuff that says it may be tour issue not sure then priced like tour issue. I personally wouldn’t buy it but don’t want to see guys getting ripped off. This site isn’t about making money. Or seeing some stock made for shaft being sold for 200.00 when it’s worth 60.00. People doing that should go to ebay. I don’t have a problem for people being held accountable for ripping others off. I get it though, there has to be rules and it’s a very small amount of people with outrageous prices
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 3,523 ClubWRX
    GLWS doesn't seem like a rude comment....



    Unless you're saying it as in "good luck with sale, it'll never sell for that price"
    ‘16 Taylormade M2 Tour Issue 8.5° w/ KuroKage Dual Core XT 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,489 mod
    edited February 2018
    Bomber_11 wrote:


    GLWS doesn't seem like a rude comment....



    Unless you're saying it as in "good luck with sale, it'll never sell for that price"




    Yes, its mostly this.



    As far as leaving a final sales price in goes, unfortunately it becomes virtually impossible for us to mandate that people leave prices in their ads after the fact. To be honest, one of the reasons is that often the posted price is not necessarily the final sales price anyway. So its just not something we are going to worry about. My personal approach is to use ebay sold listings as my benchmark.



    Sorry guys but trying to keep this to topic of no comments on pricing.
    M3 10.5 - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5
  • racmbsracmbs Advanced Members Posts: 705 ✭✭
    About time, it was getting out of control. Having to police my own ads with adults who have nothing better to do than act like a teething 2 year old was ridiculous.
  • racmbsracmbs Advanced Members Posts: 705 ✭✭
    MTM wrote:


    Sinc e this is an active thread with a Mod present may I get clarification on something?



    When an item is sold should the seller leave the price in the ad rather than replacing it with SOLD?



    I like to see prices because it helps me arrive at market value for stuff I am selling.



    The General Rukes are not clear to me regarding this practice.




    What if the agreed upon price isn't what's advertised in the listing? Should the seller have to go in and edit what it sold for?



    I for one as a seller would not go out of my way to do that....fair market value can easily be searched.
  • cadman88cadman88 Advanced Member Advanced Members Posts: 2,327 ✭✭
    I totally agree with the mod's position on no price comments, but I think I will go a step farther.. a main reason why not to post negative price comments is to not hinder someones chances to sell an item.. which I think in the long run is what the mods are trying to curb.



    Sometimes that subtle "are these the same ones that Golf Galaxy had on sale last week.." comment is an underhanded attempt to tank the sellers listing.. which again, even though it's not directly a comment on price, it is doing damage to ones ability to sell said item.
    Taylormade M3 10°, Tensei Blue 60x (45" D2, 272 CPM's)
    Taylormade M3 15.5°, Tensei Blue 75x (43" D4 276 CPM's)
    Mizuno JPX 919 FliHi 19°, C-Taper Lite 110s (D2, MCC+4, +1 wrap low)
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW, C-Taper Lite 110s (D2, MCC+4, +1 wrap low)
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged GW C-Taper Lite 110s (D4, MCC+4, +1 wrap low)
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 56°-10°, Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 (D6, GPTV 360)
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 60°-12°, Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 (D6, GPTV 360)
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 3 35"
  • mwf0001mwf0001 ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 639
    dcmidnight wrote:

    Bomber_11 wrote:


    GLWS doesn't seem like a rude comment....



    Unless you're saying it as in "good luck with sale, it'll never sell for that price"




    Yes, its mostly this.



    As far as leaving a final sales price in goes, unfortunately it becomes virtually impossible for us to mandate that people leave prices in their ads after the fact. To be honest, one of the reasons is that often the posted price is not necessarily the final sales price anyway. So its just not something we are going to worry about. My personal approach is to use ebay sold listings as my benchmark.



    Sorry guys but trying to keep this to topic of no comments on pricing.




    It also doesn't hurt to message those users who have posted a similar item that has sold recently. I have done this on numerous occasions, and have never received anything other positive feedback and pricing from fellow users.
  • DaRizDaRiz Advanced Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭
    I don't know about you guys but I have a hard enough time selling stuff (quickly) with good prices. I usually have to put a significant discount on it to be able to move it within 2-3 days.



    So when guys post ads with MSRP prices for 3 year old clubs I just roll my eyes because I know that it will never sell. Let them find out on their own.



    However I am totally guilty of commenting when something is a crazy good deal, I do it in an effort to help the seller, but I will stop since I ain't trying to be suspended for 2 weeks... (what would I do at work?)
    [font=georgia,serif]G 9*757 Evo I TS X
    G25 16.5* Rogue Silver 70S
    913H 19* S+ 82S
    MP H4 (4-6) MP4 (7-PW) s300
    SM5 50.12F /54.14F SM7 60.12D s200
    #7 Metal-X Milled[/font]
  • Spooky67Spooky67 Advanced Members Posts: 1,317
    Being a moderator is usually a lot of work, and it’s usually just solving problems or dealing with complaints. I have moderated a smaller site in the past, so I can appreciate somewhat what the mods here have to do. Thank you for your work, this is an amazingly clean and low drama site.



    I understand the rule about commenting on price, and agree 100%. I also read “comment at your own risk” and I understood the that we are not going to have debates about intent too. There is a lot of grey here. It’s difficult to determine intent by reading the written word....it’s almost impossible.



    I do think some further clarification might be warranted here. Or just ban all comments not directly related to buying an item or asking for more details. “Pm sent” “I’ll take the wedge” “Could you show some pics of the face”



    I think some further clarification might help well intending members from receiving an unnecessary ban.? Thank you for your consideration.
  • mtgmtg Advanced Members Posts: 331 ✭✭
    Buyer beware is something you should learn when you're about 10. If someone gets ripped off on here they kind of have it coming - and maybe they'll learn a long overdue lesson. If someone is trying to make a buck by overpricing on this site they've got the wrong idea anyway.
    D: TS3 Aldila 2kxv Blue 70x
    3w: F7 ADDI 8x
    DI: P790 3i PX HB6
    Irons: P790 (4i), Z945 (5-Pw) Modus 120x
    Wedges: SM6-7 50F, 54M, 60S S400
    Putter: Odyssey Red 7s
  • alexdubalexdub Face sends it, path bends it UtahAdvanced Members Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    I understand the rule, but is there an explanation as to why the rule originally came about? Were pricing comments driving away sponsors or participating members? I'm not being contrary, I just honestly wonder why the rule exists.



    I feel like, generally, if people know the reasoning behind certain regulations, it helps people observe those regulations—which appears to be the ultimate goal of the mods here with this rule about pricing comments.
    Clubs: Callaway XR16 Pro 9.0* •• Ping G 14.5* •• Scratch EZ1 3-PW •• Ping Glide 52* 56* 60* •• Ping WRX Scottsdale BeNi
    Shafts: Fujikura ATMOS Black 7X •• Project X Blue 8B4 •• KBS C Taper 125
    Balls: TP5 •• Srixon Z Star XV •• Pro V1
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Advanced Members Posts: 904 ✭✭
    I am not one of the commenters the sheriff is talking about but to make this a fair argument the constant price flippers from Cameron club and others gets annoying. You criticize the negative comments sharply but the bst abusers run free. For a seller abusing the system, those negative comments may be the only way to protect the wrx users and integrity of a knowledgeable bst forum.



  • Ironhorse723Ironhorse723 Advanced Members Posts: 800 ✭✭
    My favorite is 'priced to sell' haha.



    There should also be clarification of the word 'mint' and 'x out of 10'.
    TM '17 M1 Tour Issue 440 9.5 Kuro Kage Dual Core 70TX
    TM '17 M1 15 Aldila Mamba Green 80TX
    TM '17 M1 18 Diamana S+ 102x
    Adams Pro Black 9031 DF 20 Diamana Thump X
    Callaway RAZR X Forged 5-6, MB 7-PW KBS C-Taper 130 X
    SM7 Jet Black 52F, TVD 56K, SM6 Jet Black 60K
    Bettinardi Queen B #3
  • mattbk104mattbk104 ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 457
    edited February 2018
    It’s because of the Cameron club/ksigs/Jordans that I assume this is being brought up.



    Another solution is to add these items to the “no shoe dump”€ type list no? Besides volume of ads at the time what is different here? I don’t agree with the negative comments usually but arent we choosing to protect things that are clearly getting the focus of the negativity? The community seems to dislike the sale of these items for profit when we as enthusiasts clearly know what they just purchased them for and I don€™t see how these sales are helping the game of Golf nor the site itself.

    What type of sales and ads are we promoting?
  • MTMMTM Advanced Members Posts: 1,182
    edited February 2018



    racmbs wrote:

    MTM wrote:


    Sinc e this is an active thread with a Mod present may I get clarification on something?



    When an item is sold should the seller leave the price in the ad rather than replacing it with SOLD?



    I like to see prices because it helps me arrive at market value for stuff I am selling.



    The General Rukes are not clear to me regarding this practice.




    What if the agreed upon price isn't what's advertised in the listing? Should the seller have to go in and edit what it sold for?



    I for one as a seller would not go out of my way to do that....fair market value can easily be searched.




    I would and I have. I’m not suggesting you have to do anything. The Rules are not clear to me so I asked a Mod for clarification and he answered.
  • HeadonaStickHeadonaStick Members Posts: 5,387
    edited February 2018
    MTM wrote:


    Sinc e this is an active thread with a Mod present may I get clarification on something?



    When an item is sold should the seller leave the price in the ad rather than replacing it with SOLD?



    I like to see prices because it helps me arrive at market value for stuff I am selling.



    The General Rukes are not clear to me regarding this practice.




    Of course the mods are the final say but I don't like to leave my price up after an items sells. Here's why: I tend to sell a lot of things at prices I know are "too low" because I like to flip things and buy other things - its a hobby where I am not usually trying to even break even and I KNOW I am asking a stupid low price. Not every sale, but a lot of times.



    If I leave my price up, it could hurt other sales that are priced reasonably but look high because of my artificially low asking prices. Fair market value is whatever someone is willing to pay for an item, or the price you are willing to sell an item.



    Now, what I would like to see it pictures staying up until an item is actually delivered and the buyer leaves feedback. I have had instances where I questioned an item's condition but the pictures were gone even before the item shipped.



    Just my humble opinion...
  • HeadonaStickHeadonaStick Members Posts: 5,387
    edited February 2018
    alexdub wrote:


    I understand the rule, but is there an explanation as to why the rule originally came about? Were pricing comments driving away sponsors or participating members? I'm not being contrary, I just honestly wonder why the rule exists.



    I feel like, generally, if people know the reasoning behind certain regulations, it helps people observe those regulations—which appears to be the ultimate goal of the mods here with this rule about pricing comments.




    I assume because a person who has no intention of entering a transaction with the seller mucks up someone's BST because they can. The only people who have to decide if the price is fair are the buyer and seller, not some hit and run poster. It has been the rule ever since I've been here, and that's a pretty long time, so it isn't a new rule. :-)
  • fillwelixfillwelix Advanced Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    I think it's fair to add certain items to the no shoe dump type thread, club cameron, etc.
    WITB
    Mizuno ST180 9.5 Tensei Blue 70 X
    Taylormade M2 2016 3HL PX HZRDUS Black 75g S
    Mizuno MP18 Fli-Hi 3 Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade P770 4i-5i Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade P730 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade MG 52 KBS Tour-V 130 S
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 58 & 64 KBS Hi Rev Wedge
    Byron Morgan DH89 / Toulon Long Island
  • phibullsphibulls ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 124
    Rory4Pres wrote:
    I am not one of the commenters the sheriff is talking about but to make this a fair argument the constant price flippers from Cameron club and others gets annoying. You criticize the negative comments sharply but the bst abusers run free. For a seller abusing the system, those negative comments may be the only way to protect the wrx users and integrity of a knowledgeable bst forum.




    I’m not one being called out here either but since we’re having an open discussion to improve this great site that I, like most of us, use every day, I wanted chime in. I’ve liked a few comments up to this point on how I feel about the topic and my views on the subject generally.



    Completely agree that there shouldn’t be those random trolls commenting on overpriced items. Also agree that this is not really a site to make money off of. It’s more so a way to mitigate losses and pass on good equipment to others that want to experience some newer stuff at a good price. If you want to make make money, you should auction on eBay and wait 7 days.



    However, I think a comparison can be made about the overpriced comments and comments about fake gear, i.e. fake Camerons or non tour issue stuff being sold as your issue, especially when it comes to protecting bst members. I see overpriced stuff all the time, and don’t say a word; free market capitalism right? But, I think there should be some debate as to why/how comments about overpricing helps the site as well.



    Personally, I use pgavalueguide.com which supposedly is based on eBay sales, and the majority of items on this site sell below the average price listed. Bottomline, the integrity of this site and the members make it what it is. I support whatever is proposed to further that effort.
  • HeadonaStickHeadonaStick Members Posts: 5,387
    phibulls wrote:

    Rory4Pres wrote:
    I am not one of the commenters the sheriff is talking about but to make this a fair argument the constant price flippers from Cameron club and others gets annoying. You criticize the negative comments sharply but the bst abusers run free. For a seller abusing the system, those negative comments may be the only way to protect the wrx users and integrity of a knowledgeable bst forum.




    I’m not one being called out here either but since we’re having an open discussion to improve this great site that I, like most of us, use every day, I wanted chime in. I’ve liked a few comments up to this point on how I feel about the topic and my views on the subject generally.



    Completely agree that there shouldn’t be those random trolls commenting on overpriced items. Also agree that this is not really a site to make money off of. It’s more so a way to mitigate losses and pass on good equipment to others that want to experience some newer stuff at a good price. If you want to make make money, you should auction on eBay and wait 7 days.



    However, I think a comparison can be made about the overpriced comments and comments about fake gear, i.e. fake Camerons or non tour issue stuff being sold as your issue, especially when it comes to protecting bst members. I see overpriced stuff all the time, and don’t say a word; free market capitalism right? But, I think there should be some debate as to why/how comments about overpricing helps the site as well.



    Personally, I use pgavalueguide.com which supposedly is based on eBay sales, and the majority of items on this site sell below the average price listed. Bottomline, the integrity of this site and the members make it what it is. I support whatever is proposed to further that effort.




    I would think a PM to a mod if you see something you suspect of being counterfeit would get the job done as well; let them decide how to handle it. I've seen those threads go bad in a hurry with a string of back and forth yes you did, no I didn't comments. I've also seen other threads where someone is accused of selling a fake and it turns out to be legit.



    I said this already but I'll say it again: it has been a rule for at least a decade and it has worked just fine for for pretty much all of that time. I'm not so sure about how to handle counterfeits, but buyer and seller decide if a price is fair; adults don't need to be protected in this regard. If you really can't decide what a fair price for an items is, don't buy it.
  • HeadonaStickHeadonaStick Members Posts: 5,387
    dcmidnight wrote:

    Bomber_11 wrote:


    GLWS doesn't seem like a rude comment....



    Unless you're saying it as in "good luck with sale, it'll never sell for that price"




    Yes, its mostly this.



    As far as leaving a final sales price in goes, unfortunately it becomes virtually impossible for us to mandate that people leave prices in their ads after the fact. To be honest, one of the reasons is that often the posted price is not necessarily the final sales price anyway. So its just not something we are going to worry about. My personal approach is to use ebay sold listings as my benchmark.



    Sorry guys but trying to keep this to topic of no comments on pricing.
    Sorry, I missed this. Please feel free to pull my comments about leaving prices. You covered it. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • FairwaySheriffFairwaySheriff The Other Sheriff Advanced Members Posts: 290
    Spooky67 wrote:


    Being a moderator is usually a lot of work, and it’s usually just solving problems or dealing with complaints. I have moderated a smaller site in the past, so I can appreciate somewhat what the mods here have to do. Thank you for your work, this is an amazingly clean and low drama site.



    I understand the rule about commenting on price, and agree 100%. I also read “comment at your own risk” and I understood the that we are not going to have debates about intent too. There is a lot of grey here. It’s difficult to determine intent by reading the written word....it’s almost impossible.



    I do think some further clarification might be warranted here. Or just ban all comments not directly related to buying an item or asking for more details. “Pm sent” “I’ll take the wedge” “Could you show some pics of the face”



    I think some further clarification might help well intending members from receiving an unnecessary ban.? Thank you for your consideration.




    Instead of bothering the mods with your "further clarification might help". If after re-reading posts 1, 4, 6 & 7 there's "still a lot of grey here" to you, why don't you go in to the bst & make a comment. Then come back here & let us know how it went. If we don't hear from you for 2 weeks....... we'll all know how it went




    alexdub wrote:


    I understand the rule, but is there an explanation as to why the rule originally came about? Were pricing comments driving away sponsors or participating members? I'm not being contrary, I just honestly wonder why the rule exists.



    I feel like, generally, if people know the reasoning behind certain regulations, it helps people observe those regulations—which appears to be the ultimate goal of the mods here with this rule about pricing comments.




    You're on free site that has rules and you want an explanation why the mods are enforcing it so that "it helps people observe those regulations". Wow!! Can you get em to explain why I have to pay taxes too. You should be the 1st one they send to the pit of misery. Dilly Dilly
  • Spooky67Spooky67 Advanced Members Posts: 1,317

    Spooky67 wrote:


    Being a moderator is usually a lot of work, and it’s usually just solving problems or dealing with complaints. I have moderated a smaller site in the past, so I can appreciate somewhat what the mods here have to do. Thank you for your work, this is an amazingly clean and low drama site.



    I understand the rule about commenting on price, and agree 100%. I also read “comment at your own risk” and I understood the that we are not going to have debates about intent too. There is a lot of grey here. It’s difficult to determine intent by reading the written word....it’s almost impossible.



    I do think some further clarification might be warranted here. Or just ban all comments not directly related to buying an item or asking for more details. “Pm sent” “I’ll take the wedge” “Could you show some pics of the face”



    I think some further clarification might help well intending members from receiving an unnecessary ban.? Thank you for your consideration.




    Instead of bothering the mods with your "further clarification might help". If after re-reading posts 1, 4, 6 & 7 there's "still a lot of grey here" to you, why don't you go in to the bst & make a comment. Then come back here & let us know how it went. If we don't hear from you for 2 weeks....... we'll all know how it went




    I can see your point. But if you read the title of the thread. And the posts within it gets confusing. I don’t think getting a clearer view of expectations should be bothering anyone, especially when it’s in the spirit of complying.
  • e.king.gille.king.gill Advanced Members Posts: 124
    Rory4Pres wrote:


    I am not one of the commenters the sheriff is talking about but to make this a fair argument the constant price flippers from Cameron club and others gets annoying. You criticize the negative comments sharply but the bst abusers run free. For a seller abusing the system, those negative comments may be the only way to protect the wrx users and integrity of a knowledgeable bst forum.




    What are you referring to?



    Thanks.
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL Advanced Members Posts: 5,799 ✭✭
    Amen about time. its been getting ridiculous for a while now, cant believe all the snark and passive aggressiveness out there. Ive personally reported like 6-7 comments in my last 3 ads.
  • TommyOCTommyOC Advanced Members Posts: 995
    edited February 2018
    Fingers crossed this includes “great stuff GLWS!”, “if only I had the funds this would be mine!”, and “if only it were...I’d be all over it!” Posts
    Ping G400 Max 9* Graphite Design Tour AD BB 75x
    Callaway Rogue 15* 3 wood XPHLEXX Agara x-stiff
    Callaway Epic 18* 5 wood Oban Kiyoshi Purple 05
    Callaway Rogue 19* 3 Hybrid Hzrdus Black Handcrafted 6.0
    TaylorMade P790 4 - PW Oban CT 115
    Miura Hand Ground 52*, 58* Tour Issue s400

    Putters:
    Toulon Memphis Garage
    Scott Readman Concepts Custom Putter
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Advanced Members Posts: 904 ✭✭
    Rory4Pres wrote:


    I am not one of the commenters the sheriff is talking about but to make this a fair argument the constant price flippers from Cameron club and others gets annoying. You criticize the negative comments sharply but the bst abusers run free. For a seller abusing the system, those negative comments may be the only way to protect the wrx users and integrity of a knowledgeable bst forum.




    What are you referring to?



    Thanks.




    Are you wanting specific examples? I'd be happy to copy the links if you'd like but in briefing all the Jordan 3 posts this week come to mind.
  • Spooky67Spooky67 Advanced Members Posts: 1,317
    lowheel wrote:


    Amen about time. its been getting ridiculous for a while now, cant believe all the snark and passive aggressiveness out there. Ive personally reported like 6-7 comments in my last 3 ads.

    TommyOC wrote:


    Fingers crossed this includes "great stuff GLWS!", "if only I had the funds this would be mine!", and "if only it were...I'd be all over it!" Posts




    I agree so clarification would help.
  • wldchld22wldchld22 Members, Advanced Members Posts: 3,306 ✭✭
    Hard to really say why a person is flipping. For some it's a side business yes. For others it's a means to get the size they wanted or something came up in life and they would like to make some money back.



    Still overall it creates a toxic environment. Your silly comments won't stop people form buying things at silly prices. Let it be; let it be...
  • jschwarbjschwarb Advanced Members Posts: 721
    lowheel wrote:


    Amen about time. its been getting ridiculous for a while now, cant believe all the snark and passive aggressiveness out there. Ive personally reported like 6-7 comments in my last 3 ads.




    Ditto. My problem are the people that think you’re out to make a killing when you actually bought high and are just trying to get out of it. Some people say that directly in an ad but they shouldn’t have to. Your gear, your price, take it or leave it.



    Thanks Mods.
  • Sir edward of putternutSir edward of putternut DARTH SMUG Advanced Members Posts: 1,364
    edited February 2018
    What about pointing out counterfeit stuff? Lots of counterfeit scotty grips etc...

    Totally agree otherwise tho...fair market
    Mizuno mp-5(px 5.5, 4-pw)
    Adams Pro 19'
    Hogan 51,55
    Callaway 60 pm grind
    Byron Morgan 007
    Callaway EpicSZ 9.0
    Mizuno JPX 900 3w


  • wmblake2000wmblake2000 Advanced Members Posts: 5,430 ✭✭
    Bomber_11 wrote:


    GLWS doesn't seem like a rude comment....



    Unless you're saying it as in "good luck with sale, it'll never sell for that price"




    I don't ever recall seeing a GLWS implying that - I've only seen what read to me to be sincere 'good luck' - must have been a rash of other stuff lately...
    Ping GMax 400 10.5
    Callawy Epic 5W
    Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
    TM P790 4-AW
    Fourteen mt28v3 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

    If you see any more new irons in my bag before 2020, call the paramedics because my wife will have seriously injured me
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,489 mod
    edited February 2018
    jschwarb wrote:


    Your gear, your price, take it or leave it.



    Thanks Mods.




    Its this.



    Our experience over a long, long period of time has been that the market tends to take very good quick work of bad pricing. We get hundreds of items listed per day and threads that are mispriced quickly get shuffled to the next series of pages.



    If you have any other further BST comments, please post a thread in the appropriate Help forum.



    Thank you.



    ==============



    Website Help



    http://www.golfwrx.c...-news-feedback/



    BST Ad Questions



    http://www.golfwrx.c...t-ad-questions/
    M3 10.5 - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5
  • 02bluesuperroo02bluesuperroo Advanced Members Posts: 565
    This is exactly why I rarely use this site anymore. You guys care more about your income from people on the BST than you do about users having an enjoyable time using your site. Letting users get blatantly ripped off on certain items like the Club Cameron bag/headcover and protecting the malicious sellers who are doing so is a bad business practice. I will continue to refrain from supporting this site any longer for this very reason.



    I was awarded a point for simply stating that I enjoyed owning the Club Cameron kit that I also purchased and I posted a link to where I bought it. I didn't make any comments about the seller's price. If this had been some putter that was for sale for $100 and I posted a link to where you could buy it new for $200 nobody would have said a word. It's common. It was only because the link to the new product revealed that you could actually buy it new for cheaper that GolfWRX suddenly had a problem with it.
  • jschwarbjschwarb Advanced Members Posts: 721


    This is exactly why I rarely use this site anymore. You guys care more about your income from people on the BST than you do about users having an enjoyable time using your site. Letting users get blatantly ripped off on certain items like the Club Cameron bag/headcover and protecting the malicious sellers who are doing so is a bad business practice. I will continue to refrain from supporting this site any longer for this very reason.



    I was awarded a point for simply stating that I enjoyed owning the Club Cameron kit that I also purchased and I posted a link to where I bought it. I didn't make any comments about the seller's price. If this had been some putter that was for sale for $100 and I posted a link to where you could buy it new for $200 nobody would have said a word. It's common. It was only because the link to the new product revealed that you could actually buy it new for cheaper that GolfWRX suddenly had a problem with it.




    Income from people on the BST? Outside of pinned ads, where's the money?



    It's not fair to the seller to post a link showing where it's cheaper. Even if you're doing it in a friendly way, it's not your place to do it. It makes the seller look bad -- maybe he really didn't know that it was for sale cheaper somewhere else. Or heck, maybe he does. But you know what? Some people actually don't mind paying a little bit more here sometimes. Maybe it's because they appreciate the system and the 99.99 percent reliable sellers. Maybe they don't have time to search every golf site on the interwebs. You don't know people's motivations. If you've got a beef, PM a guy.



    And "blatantly ripped off" is subjective too, you know. The guy who pays a small fortune for a Cameron bag might have four cars, a mansion and PXG clubs to use as fireplace pokers. He just wants it. So that transaction ends up with a happy buyer and a happy seller, and the BST works again.
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,489 mod
    edited February 2018


    This is exactly why I rarely use this site anymore. You guys care more about your income from people on the BST than you do about users having an enjoyable time using your site. Letting users get blatantly ripped off on certain items like the Club Cameron bag/headcover and protecting the malicious sellers who are doing so is a bad business practice. I will continue to refrain from supporting this site any longer for this very reason.



    I was awarded a point for simply stating that I enjoyed owning the Club Cameron kit that I also purchased and I posted a link to where I bought it. I didn't make any comments about the seller's price. If this had been some putter that was for sale for $100 and I posted a link to where you could buy it new for $200 nobody would have said a word. It's common. It was only because the link to the new product revealed that you could actually buy it new for cheaper that GolfWRX suddenly had a problem with it.




    "Income from people on BST" = LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />



    Sir, you specifically posted a link in someone else's ad where people could buy the same item the OP was selling. And tagged it with "GLWS" and the winky emoticon. You know exactly what you were doing. You knew exactly what your "point" was you were trying to make. You made a negative comment without making a negative comment. This kind of "help" is exactly what the BST does not need.



    I'd like to address the Club Cameron stuff specifically. Those kits were not "$99" as the helpers keep trying to say. Just from asking around I know that most people paid $120-125 after shipping and taxes. So if they sell off a couple pieces that people want, after Paypal fees and shipping - they're maybe not even getting their money back. So lets say someone wants to pay $40 shipped for the headcover. So what, whats it to you?



    If the buyer is happy and the seller is happy - thats it, end of story.



    So everyone - including myself - dial it down a notch.



    Like I said, the BST free market takes care of itself and overpriced items get shuffled to the back pretty quick. We dont need any help making that happen.



    Thank you.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    M3 10.5 - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5
  • mtgmtg Advanced Members Posts: 331 ✭✭


    This is exactly why I rarely use this site anymore. You guys care more about your income from people on the BST than you do about users having an enjoyable time using your site. Letting users get blatantly ripped off on certain items like the Club Cameron bag/headcover and protecting the malicious sellers who are doing so is a bad business practice. I will continue to refrain from supporting this site any longer for this very reason.



    I was awarded a point for simply stating that I enjoyed owning the Club Cameron kit that I also purchased and I posted a link to where I bought it. I didn't make any comments about the seller's price. If this had been some putter that was for sale for $100 and I posted a link to where you could buy it new for $200 nobody would have said a word. It's common. It was only because the link to the new product revealed that you could actually buy it new for cheaper that GolfWRX suddenly had a problem with it.




    Wow you did that? Good riddance.
    D: TS3 Aldila 2kxv Blue 70x
    3w: F7 ADDI 8x
    DI: P790 3i PX HB6
    Irons: P790 (4i), Z945 (5-Pw) Modus 120x
    Wedges: SM6-7 50F, 54M, 60S S400
    Putter: Odyssey Red 7s
  • Liquid_A_45Liquid_A_45 Advanced Members Posts: 698 ✭✭
    cardoza wrote:

    MTM wrote:


    Sinc e this is an active thread with a Mod present may I get clarification on something?



    When an item is sold should the seller leave the price in the ad rather than replacing it with SOLD?



    I like to see prices because it helps me arrive at market value for stuff I am selling.



    The General Rukes are not clear to me regarding this practice.




    I 1,000% agree with this.




    Another vote for this. I saw someone mention "well what if I sell it for a different price than advertised, I don't want to have to edit it".



    That's fine, its not what were talking about. Just specifically when guys edited it to "sold" instead of adding "sold" and leaving the price.
  • pinestreetgolfpinestreetgolf Advanced Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭


    This is exactly why I rarely use this site anymore. You guys care more about your income from people on the BST than you do about users having an enjoyable time using your site. Letting users get blatantly ripped off on certain items like the Club Cameron bag/headcover and protecting the malicious sellers who are doing so is a bad business practice. I will continue to refrain from supporting this site any longer for this very reason.



    I was awarded a point for simply stating that I enjoyed owning the Club Cameron kit that I also purchased and I posted a link to where I bought it. I didn't make any comments about the seller's price. If this had been some putter that was for sale for $100 and I posted a link to where you could buy it new for $200 nobody would have said a word. It's common. It was only because the link to the new product revealed that you could actually buy it new for cheaper that GolfWRX suddenly had a problem with it.




    You don't value time enough. I browse the classifieds over coffee. I saw a cool cover (it was a Mardi Gras cover). I bought it. I paid a bit more than new actually. But it was right here and took 30 seconds.



    If you can point me to a place where I can find tons of cool gear all in one spot AND the guaranteed best prices we should all head over there. Comparison shopping the entire internet to get a novelty cover $8 cheaper is ridiculous. The BST is cool because its a bunch of random stuff that's neat to us golf-obsessed wierdos *all in one place*. If you're here to try to maximize your dollar you're doing it wrong.



    IMO of course.
    Nike SQ Lucky 13* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 X-Flex, 43.5"
    Bridgestone j40 DPC 3-PW s300
    Taylormade rsi1 AW-SW-LW stock shafts
    Nike B1.07 Method Matter
  • Lord HelmetLord Helmet Advanced Members Posts: 8,570 ✭✭


    This is exactly why I rarely use this site anymore. You guys care more about your income from people on the BST than you do about users having an enjoyable time using your site. Letting users get blatantly ripped off on certain items like the Club Cameron bag/headcover and protecting the malicious sellers who are doing so is a bad business practice. I will continue to refrain from supporting this site any longer for this very reason.



    I was awarded a point for simply stating that I enjoyed owning the Club Cameron kit that I also purchased and I posted a link to where I bought it. I didn't make any comments about the seller's price. If this had been some putter that was for sale for $100 and I posted a link to where you could buy it new for $200 nobody would have said a word. It's common. It was only because the link to the new product revealed that you could actually buy it new for cheaper that GolfWRX suddenly had a problem with it.




    And.....

    Block list updated.
    Cobra LTD Pro - Chrome 6f4
    G25 3w - UST VTS Silver 7s
    718 TMB 19* - DG AMT White s300
    Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5
    SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
«1
This discussion has been closed.