Had a cool round today- Tell me about yours

2»

Comments

• BohsauceyBohsaucey Posts: 112 ✭✭
    A few years ago in high school, I had a tournament round with somewhere around >50 putts but still shot 85.

Cool enough for me.
    Mizuno - ST180
    TourEdge - XCG3 3w
    Nike - VRS Covert 5w
    PING - G30 7w
    Callaway - Apex UT 21
    PING - G400 6-PW
    Callaway - 54,60 MD4
    Callaway - PM 64
    Bettinardi - BB1
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,068 ✭✭
    Not cool but cold. East Wind....wind chill took it below zero. Challenging to say the least.
  • Matchplay10033Matchplay10033 Posts: 623 ✭✭
    Have 4 days off!! I woke up and called the course and asked if they were open. The guy said yep... you dont need a tee time and laughed. Went out at 930 AM was the only golfer on the course. Played 36. Very windy but the temps were not that bad. Shot an 80 first round and a 77 round 2. Awesome day got to work on my short game and wedges a ton with no one else on the course. Tomorrow plan on the same.
  • BVIChesterBVIChester Posts: 185 ✭✭
    Had 5 birdies on the back nine and shot two over for the nine holes. That was fun.
  • HehatemeHehateme Posts: 546 ✭✭
    BVIChester wrote:

Had 5 birdies on the back nine and shot two over for the nine holes. That was fun.

birdieing 5 out of 9 is awesome
  • FergusonFerguson Executive Member VAMembers Posts: 4,417 ✭✭
    My round started cool, then warmed up.

1st hole 42 degrees

18th hole 51 degrees
    Ferguson wrote:

My round started cool, then warmed up.

1st hole 42 degrees

18th hole 51 degrees

There is always one in the group- lol
  • bangabainbangabain Posts: 188 ✭✭
    Had a round at Christmas in Phoenix where I shot 79 (2nd time ever breaking 80), 14 pars, 3 bogeys and a quad...coming up the last two holes knowing where I stood I could barely swing a club, but finished with a greasy par to come in under 80!
    Callaway XR16 9* w/Speeder 565 S
    Callaway X2Hot 15* 3w w/Aldila Tour Blue 60 S

Ping Eye 2 1 Iron S / Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 18* 3 Iron S / Taylormade Rocketballz 18* 3 Iron S
    Callaway RAZR X Forged 4-PW w/ PX 6.0 S
    Nike VR Forged 52*
    Nike VR Pro II 56*
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 60*
    Taylormade Monza Itsy Bitsy Spider
    Cool round but different. It rains all the time here in north Florida so I purchased some of those Footjoy weather gloves. We ended up playing 13 of our 18 holes in a wind blown drizzle. It got to the point where everything was wet, gloves, towels, clothes etc. I used the wet weather gloves and they work pretty damned well. Playing in the rain is pretty fun-
  • Hrlyrdr22Hrlyrdr22 Members Posts: 678 ✭✭
    Great round.

However had this conversation numerous times with people.

Would you rather have 18 pars, or 9 bogeys and 9 birdies???
    Hrlyrdr22 wrote:

Great round.

However had this conversation numerous times with people.

Would you rather have 18 pars, or 9 bogeys and 9 birdies???

18 pars without a doubt. You know how pissed off I would be if I made 9 birdies and ruined the round with 9 bogeys?
  • Jack PearsallJack Pearsall Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭
    Expected to play pretty well. Been stripping his drives and decent iron in play. Nice wedge work too. Spotty putting.

Totally butchered his round. Just a steaming pile of ****. Nothing redeeming, nothing positive to take away.

Play: awful.

Comportment: awful

It was an awful exhibition by Jack Golden Pearsall.

He could not get on track at all and it got the better of his disposition. First time in a very long time JP felt he’s that guy!
    Taylormade SLDR TP 430 10*
    Taylormade Aeroburner 15*
    Taylormade SLDR 19*
    Mizuno MP FliHi 21* 24*
    Mizuno MP-15 5-PW
    Epon KGX 52* 56*
    Scotty Cameron TeI3 Newport Longneck

Expected to play pretty well. Been stripping his drives and decent iron in play. Nice wedge work too. Spotty putting.

Totally butchered his round. Just a steaming pile of ****. Nothing redeeming, nothing positive to take away.

Play: awful.

Comportment: awful

It was an awful exhibition by Jack Golden Pearsall.

He could not get on track at all and it got the better of his disposition. First time in a very long time JP felt he’s that guy!

JP needs some alone time IMO
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members Posts: 6,980 ✭✭
    edited Apr 4, 2018 #45
    Not overly cool but irons FINALLY got dialed in and hit 13 girs made 4 birds with 2 three jacks .....shot 73 however

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • DrSchteeveDrSchteeve Members Posts: 3,379 ✭✭
    edited Apr 4, 2018 #46
    I'm old and short. 245 par 4, over a bunch of silly bunkers, driver to 1 foot for eagle after my drive. Helped by the 2 golfers I played with saying, "Dead on it" after my swing, they saw my ball flight, I didn't. So it wasn't just random humps and bumps, though certainly there was some of that, it was a really good shot. After I got over my elation, the "why didn't it just go in the hole?" thoughts set in. I've had 2 chances at a par 4 hole in one, this was the closest. Still, lucky and appreciative.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Callaway Epic Driver Matrix Red Tie 65Q4
    Callaway Epic 3+ wood Matrix Red Tie 65Q4
    Titleist 818 H1 18* and 21* Tensei Blue
    Titleist 818 H1 25* and 27* Tensei Red
    Titleist 818 AP1 7-SW Tensei Red
    Vokey SM4 58* M Kuro Kage
    TM Spider Tour
    OUUL stand bag
    Titleist Velocity
    edited May 10, 2018 #47
    Had just an okay round score wise, but what was cool was I had an albatross and an eagle in the same round. Eagle came on a short par 4, I knocked a shot in the hole from 105 yards with my gap. Albatross came on a dogleg right par far measuring 505 yards. Took a chance a tried to fly my drive over the dogleg and low and behold it made it. 195 yards out, down wind and front pin left me with a shot of about 172 yards and I knocked a 7 iron in the hole. Both shots happened on the front 9 and I think I was a little deflated for the backside. 32-42
  • 8thehardway8thehardway Posts: 1,900 ClubWRX
    Started my last round with six 1-putts,,, 10', 3', 18', 3', 12', 20', four more on the back and 26 for the round. A crowd-pleasing performance on the green but the rest of the game has a lot of catching up to do.
    Callaway Big Bertha 12.5*
    Jones/Ortiz 4 wood 17*
    Kasco hybrid 23*
    Adams Idea Black CB2 irons 26, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45*
    Callaway MD3 S grind 52, 56, C grind 60, PM grind 64*
    Tom Slighter Needle 450g, 3* loft, 74* lie
  • rxk9fanrxk9fan Posts: 728 ✭✭
    Hehateme wrote:

Had 18 pars.

Congrats big time!!!
    Taylormade 2017 M2 with Hzrdus stiff
    Taylormade M4 tour 3 wood with stiff [font=arial, sans-serif]Oban Kiyoshi[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]Tour Limited[/font]
    Cobra Baffler 6 with UST Elements Stiff
    Srixon U65 4i with SteelFiber R
    Srixon Z945 with Recoil 110 F4 5i - PW
    Vokey 58, 54, 50
    Taylormade Spider X

I am thinking about playing golf next year instead of HOing clubs!
  • rxk9fanrxk9fan Posts: 728 ✭✭
    Butchered the front with a triple on a par 3 after it hit on and spun back down a slope and ended in it's watery grave. Then came to number 8, the toughest hole on the course. The best drive I have ever hit there on the super tight dogleg and then put the second in the drink, but did salvage a bogey. But, I was hitting it well and still managed to go par, bogey, bogey to start the back. I told the group I had two birdies in me in the last 6. I lied but instead had one birdie and my first eagle since coming back to golf last spring to card a **** 42 but decent one over 36 on the back. I keep thinking I am close to making it work...but I thought that with my first wife too??
    Taylormade 2017 M2 with Hzrdus stiff
    Taylormade M4 tour 3 wood with stiff [font=arial, sans-serif]Oban Kiyoshi[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]Tour Limited[/font]
    Cobra Baffler 6 with UST Elements Stiff
    Srixon U65 4i with SteelFiber R
    Srixon Z945 with Recoil 110 F4 5i - PW
    Vokey 58, 54, 50
    Taylormade Spider X

I am thinking about playing golf next year instead of HOing clubs!
  • Tiptx1122Tiptx1122 TMPing Members Posts: 1,651 ClubWRX
    I only played 9 but I had the best round ever....-3 for a 33. I had 3 incredible drives 2 were on par 5's where I took a 5 iron from 190 yds out and landed on the green about 12 ft. away from the pin, only got a birdie then another 205 yds. out and hit a 4 iron pin level 8 ft. away only to get a birdie. Best round of the day as Im more surprised as to how much better it could have been if I wouldn't have missed 6 of my other makable birdie putts as I did have to chip on and 1 putt on the 5th hole for a par.
  • daegyudaegyu Members Posts: 236 ✭✭
    Hehateme wrote:

Had 18 pars.

Woulda been murdered in a skins game lol. Great round otherwise
    Callaway Epic 10.5 Oban Kiyoshi Gold 65s
    Callaway Epic 15 Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
    Callaway Epic 18 AD-DI 7s
    Titleist 816 H2 21 AD-DI 85s
    Taylormade P770 4-PW PX LZ 6.0 SS x1
    Vokey SM6 52F / 58M KBS Tour
    Byron Morgan DH89x
    Scotty Cameron Asian Spec AOP Newport Oil Can 33/350

Pro Platinum Mil-Spec 33/350

Cameron Classic Gun Blue 33/3503

TEI3 2nd gen 35/330

Studio Style Newport 34/340

Studio Stainless Newport Beach 34/340

ButtonBack Newport 34/340

009 34/350

Lakers Purple and Gold for Life
  • Sean2Sean2 #TheWRX (Callaway Trip) Members Posts: 30,826 ✭✭
    Had a 10 on a par 4 today. Haven't done that in a while.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Steelhead XR 25º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway "O" Works #7[/font]
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 9,760 ✭✭
    Sean2 wrote:

Had a 10 on a par 4 today. Haven't done that in a while.

I normally pick up at my ESC limit of 8. But last weekend I was so frustrated at having already picked up twice in the round, I just kept grinding on one of the Par 4’s after losing a ball then duffing a couple chips wth the second ball.

The ninth stroke was a 15-foot putt that rolled dead center of the hoe, pretty as you please. Somehow a 10 would have made more sense than holing that beautiful putt...
    Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.
  • uitar9uitar9 Members Posts: 369 ClubWRX
    Played as a guest at a clients private mountain course.

We didn't keep score. Not his thing.

The horn sounded as we teed off on 17. Lightning strikes all around.

I mighta shot a 92-94. He parred and birdied his way around.
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]WITB[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]KZG OS11 12 degree driver
    Calloway 16 5-wood
    Calloway
    [/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]20.5 [/font][font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]heavenwood
    Cobra 24.5 9-wood
    [/font]

[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]KZG 5-PW irons[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]KZG 52 and 56 wedges[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]TM Spider mallet[/font]
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 11,599 ✭✭
    I've never done the 18 pars thing. Way to go. I think Faldo did that famously in The Open one year, or maybe it was 18 fours?

I've posted these before, the good weird stuff over almost 40 years of golf

Doubling 18 as a 16yr old junior in the men's club C - 1st round - and still shooting 69 to lead. Should've hit driver and not 2 iron off the tee!

A front side 33 with 2 pars, 6 birdies and a triple

5 under thru 11, crapped the bed 12 thru 17, eagle on 18, only shot 1 under. Total choke with visions of 64 in my head

5 birdies, 1 bogey and an eagle last 7 holes to win my first university tournament, 26 years ago !

Shooting my all time PB of 68 at my home track where I had a stretch on 9 and 10 and 11 where I hit it to a foot 3 times in a row

Shooting 77 while playing the four par 5's at my home course in 5 under.

I have funny stories of shooting high 80's in qualifiers but they don't give me happy thoughts, and my large coffee hasn't kicked in yet
    Ping G400 LST 11* Mitsu TI BB Matte 53x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* Mitsu Blueboard 63x
    Ping G400 5w 17* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Callaway V-series Hwood Fuji TS 8.2s
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fujikura 904HBs
    Ping Rapture 5-PW Aldila NV MLTi Pro105x
    Ping iWedge 50* Aldila NV 105x
    Ping Glide SS 53* & ES 59* Wrx SF125s
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • FergusonFerguson Executive Member VAMembers Posts: 4,417 ✭✭
    I once made 6 pars, 6 birdies and 6 bogeys in that order.

Started out good, got better and took the sweet downhill ride coming home.
  • gregsimms1017gregsimms1017 Members Posts: 39
    I had one of the craziest rounds the other day. Shot 74 with 3 chip ins. I couldn’t putt to save my life but when it came to chipping I was feeling it. 2 of the chips were pretty straightforward but a chip in nevertheless. Now if only I could learn to putt�
    cool rounds guys! I had a not so cool round yesterday. 3 under thru 16 and I have really been struggling to score lately. Stand on number 17 tee, par 5, right side is OB, left side is as wide open as can be, 100 yards wide. I promptly come straight up and out of my swing and hit it OB. We get to where my ball went out and it is red stakes not white, so I drop. Can barely advance the ball from my drop so I have to punch it out. Another layup to water then stand straight up on a gap wedge approach and hit it in the water. Chip up and 2 putt for a smooth 9. Bogeyed 18 as well- freaking awesome!
  • JoelsimJoelsim Posts: 675 ✭✭
    Took up golf again last year after about 15 years of not playing.

Had my best week ever this week shooting 8 over, 6 over, 9 over, all in the 70s.

Still far too erratic off the tee, rest of my game is pretty solid. Level par on the back nine yesterday with two birdies and two bogies but screwed up two drives and a 6 Iron off the tee on the front nine which all led to double bogeys.

Overall, pretty happy with how it’s going currently.
    Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Regular Alta CB 44.5”
    Ping G400 13.5 3-Wood Regular Alta CB 42”
    Titleist 818 H1 18 3-Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Titleist 818 H1 23 4-Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Ping G400 4-UW Regular Alta (#4 at power spec loft)
    Cleveland CBX 52
    Cleveland CBX 56
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 64 S
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #3
    Odyssey O-Works Marxman
  • SBH9458SBH9458 Go Army! Beat Navy! Members Posts: 892 ✭✭
    Joelsim wrote:
    Took up golf again last year after about 15 years of not playing.

Had my best week ever this week shooting 8 over, 6 over, 9 over, all in the 70s.

Still far too erratic off the tee, rest of my game is pretty solid. Level par on the back nine yesterday with two birdies and two bogies but screwed up two drives and a 6 Iron off the tee on the front nine which all led to double bogeys.

Overall, pretty happy with how it’s going currently.

That is awesome!!! Congrats! I’ve yet to shoot in the 70s. Someday, when I have more time to practice ....
2»