2018 Titleist AVX Golf Balls

12728303233

Comments

  • SpoeSpoe Members Posts: 264
    edited Sep 18, 2018 #872

    nsxguy wrote:


    North Butte was kind enough to post an eBay "auction" for 2 dozen AVX for $75 and I bought 2 dozen.



    I'm in Florida. They should last me through the beginning of next year (Thanks again NB)




    You are welcome.



    I bought from that guy (even though I had some still on the shelf) and promptly went like three rounds in a row without losing a ball. I was starting to think maybe I needn't have bothered. Then I lost four in one round as was like, "****, glad I didn't pay full price!"






    I placed an order for 2 dozen as well from that guy last Monday. Today I received this from him:





    I am writing to you concerning your order which was ordered . At this time we were able to completed your order well and ready to ship but since then we have heard from our supplier that the warehouse was burnt so the goods in there is being damaged. This means that we can not ship the item to you ontime. Therefore, could you please help me to cancel this order and find another seller to get this item?

    I hope that you will not be bothered by this situation and continue to support us in the future.

    If there is any further information you need, please contact us. Thank you so much for you order and we all hope you have a good day!

    Your sincerely!




    I'm down to a single AVX in the bag, so retail it is.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping G400 Max 9°[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][background=transparent]Callaway BB Alpha 816 16[background=transparent]°[/background][/background][/font]

    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Callaway Apex Hybrids 20/23[background=transparent]°[/background][/font]

    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Callaway Apex Pro 16 5-9
    Cleveland RTX3 46/50/54/58
    [background=transparent][background=transparent]°[/background][/background]

    Taylormade Ardmore 2[/font]
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 9,908 ✭✭
    edited Sep 18, 2018 #873
    Mine were dropshipped straight from Titleist. I think there was no warehouse fire. More likely Titleist cut him off when they noticed he was selling them for 30% less than MAP.
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • SpoeSpoe Members Posts: 264


    Mine were dropshipped straight from Titleist. I think there was no warehouse fire. More likely Titleist cut him off when they noticed he was selling them for 30% less than MAP.




    Agree 100%.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping G400 Max 9°[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][background=transparent]Callaway BB Alpha 816 16[background=transparent]°[/background][/background][/font]

    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Callaway Apex Hybrids 20/23[background=transparent]°[/background][/font]

    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Callaway Apex Pro 16 5-9
    Cleveland RTX3 46/50/54/58
    [background=transparent][background=transparent]°[/background][/background]

    Taylormade Ardmore 2[/font]
  • PulledabillPulledabill Members Posts: 334 ✭✭
    Played a few holes with my 82 year old buddy today who shot his age the other day. He pulled his normal ball a bit so I tossed him an AVX to try. He was 165 to a back pin and ran it straight as an arrow, 5 feet past the hole, and sank the putt. He said "thats an AV what"?
  • gvogelgvogel Members Posts: 7,327 ✭✭


    Played a few holes with my 82 year old buddy today who shot his age the other day. He pulled his normal ball a bit so I tossed him an AVX to try. He was 165 to a back pin and ran it straight as an arrow, 5 feet past the hole, and sank the putt. He said "thats an AV what"?




    Next thing you know, he'll buy a computer, learn to surf the internet, frequent this site and be learning all our secrets. You have created a monster.
    Boyhood, like measles, is one of those complaints which a man should catch young and have done with it, for when it comes in middle life it is apt to be serious. - P. G. Wodehouse
  • artist08artist08 Members Posts: 719 ✭✭
    Hole in one tonight with a yellow AVX!!!!!
  • jamiejamie Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,146 ✭✭
    artist08 wrote:


    Hole in one tonight with a yellow AVX!!!!!


    Congrats!!! Awesome!!
    PING G400 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G400 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
    PING I200 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
    PING Cadence Ketsch TR CB 35"
  • artist08artist08 Members Posts: 719 ✭✭
    jamie wrote:

    artist08 wrote:


    Hole in one tonight with a yellow AVX!!!!!


    Congrats!!! Awesome!!




    Thanks! That makes #4. Tonight, like two of the others were uphill greens where I could’nt actually see it go in.
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,115 ✭✭
    artist08 wrote:


    Hole in one tonight with a yellow AVX!!!!!


    Sweet! Congrats!
    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • artist08artist08 Members Posts: 719 ✭✭
  • larryd3larryd3 Members Posts: 579 ✭✭
    artist08 wrote:


    Hole in one tonight with a yellow AVX!!!!!




    Congratulations!
    TM M4
    Epic 15*
    816 H1 19*
    816 H1 24*
    PXG 0311 5-pw
    50* SM7 F
    54* SM6 M
    58* SM7 S
    PXG Operator H
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,212 ✭✭
    Found an AVX today, looking forward to putting it in play. Just have putted with it and was surprised how soft it felt compared to a Prov1 and x
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,593 ✭✭
    Tanner25 wrote:


    Found an AVX today, looking forward to putting it in play. Just have putted with it and was surprised how soft it felt compared to a Prov1 and x




    If you've been reading this thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you shouldn't have been,,,,,,,,,,,, image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-4 48, 52, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 56* DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3, 64 DGS300

    Evnroll 1.2 (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • ChrisGio315ChrisGio315 Members Posts: 430 ✭✭
    I've experimented with all of the Titleist balls as well as a few others (TP5, Chrome Soft, Kirkland, etc.) and the AVX tops them all for me. Really hoping Titleist doesn't discontinue or change it in any drastic way in the years to come....
    Titleist TS2 (10.5*)
    Titleist TS2 3w (15*)
    Titleist TS2 5w (18*)
    Titleist 718 AP1
    Titelist SM7 56*
    Custom Newport Select 2.5
    Titleist AVX

    WITB - http://www.golfwrx.c...tb-chrisgio315/
  • Chilli9880Chilli9880 #adiZero Members Posts: 877 ✭✭
    So I actually took the time to read all 30 pages of this thread over the past couple days... I must say the arguing and bickering is almost worse than Taylormade Driver vs Callaway Driver discussions or "What's the best shaft out there" discussions on here. I don't understand why guys feel the need to be argumentative or outright negative on a Golf forum... Let a guy (or gal) share their experience, their observations and feedback and then leave them alone... sheesh. This whole subject/topic could've been maybe 6-7 pages... Ok, rant over.



    I traded a sleeve of Pro V1x's with a friend for a sleeve of these because I've been wanting to try them all year long. The fact a sleeve lasted me 3 weeks/8-9 18 hole rounds is a miracle, very pleased with the ball. I'll keep it short and sweet. My Pros and Cons are listed below.



    Pros:

    - Goes further. It just does. Played in both hard & super soft conditions. Flies further and rolls out more with the Woods. Iron shots into a green held great.

    - Great dealing with the wind. Had a few shots where the wind should have effected the ball and this just went through it. Happy with that.

    - Love the feel and sound off all clubs. Driver and Putter especially.

    - Has short game control. When I first used, this ball did roll by the hole more than I thought it would. That's on me, not the ball. When I got used to it, it has the control I wanted.

    - Super Durable! The first one I used, at the end of the round I was surprised the shape it was in. I hit a tree and my wedges do a number on the ProV1x's I use. After the round I look and thought, heck, I'll be able to use this again for sure.



    Cons:

    - price

    - Price

    - PRICE! Exactly why it took me so long to try this ball out. Had I found one, would've tried it earlier.



    Overall - I really like this ball and definitely want to play more with it. My first reaction is that it's a more durable V1/V1x. Sure spins less with chipping 50 yards and in, but I'll take the trade any day for a hack like me. Saying that, I know I'm cheap in a sense so I'm not going to run out and buy a dozen for $48 or a sleeve for $13. I'll be keeping an eye out for any trades or deals/liquidation. Otherwise I'll look to pick up some slightly used ones at the Cleveland Golf Show in February. Ball Grade is A to A+ for me.
    '16 Taylormade M2 9*, Fujikura Atmos Black 6S
    '16 Taylormade M2 15*, Fujikura Atmos Black 7X
    '16 Taylormade M2 18*, Fujikura Atmos Black 8TX
    '16 Titleist T-MB 4, 5 & 6, MB 7-PW, TI DG AMT X100
    Titleist Vokey Forged 50, 56, 62, TI DG S400
    Titleist SC Select Squareback '14
    Titleist AVX, Titleist Cart Bag
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,564 ClubWRX
    Chilli9880 wrote:


    So I actually took the time to read all 30 pages of this thread over the past couple days... I must say the arguing and bickering is almost worse than Taylormade Driver vs Callaway Driver discussions or "What's the best shaft out there" discussions on here. I don't understand why guys feel the need to be argumentative or outright negative on a Golf forum... Let a guy (or gal) share their experience, their observations and feedback and then leave them alone... sheesh. This whole subject/topic could've been maybe 6-7 pages... Ok, rant over.



    I traded a sleeve of Pro V1x's with a friend for a sleeve of these because I've been wanting to try them all year long. The fact a sleeve lasted me 3 weeks/8-9 18 hole rounds is a miracle, very pleased with the ball. I'll keep it short and sweet. My Pros and Cons are listed below.



    Pros:

    - Goes further. It just does. Played in both hard & super soft conditions. Flies further and rolls out more with the Woods. Iron shots into a green held great.

    - Great dealing with the wind. Had a few shots where the wind should have effected the ball and this just went through it. Happy with that.

    - Love the feel and sound off all clubs. Driver and Putter especially.

    - Has short game control. When I first used, this ball did roll by the hole more than I thought it would. That's on me, not the ball. When I got used to it, it has the control I wanted.

    - Super Durable! The first one I used, at the end of the round I was surprised the shape it was in. I hit a tree and my wedges do a number on the ProV1x's I use. After the round I look and thought, heck, I'll be able to use this again for sure.



    Cons:

    - price

    - Price

    - PRICE! Exactly why it took me so long to try this ball out. Had I found one, would've tried it earlier.



    Overall - I really like this ball and definitely want to play more with it. My first reaction is that it's a more durable V1/V1x. Sure spins less with chipping 50 yards and in, but I'll take the trade any day for a hack like me. Saying that, I know I'm cheap in a sense so I'm not going to run out and buy a dozen for $48 or a sleeve for $13. I'll be keeping an eye out for any trades or deals/liquidation. Otherwise I'll look to pick up some slightly used ones at the Cleveland Golf Show in February. Ball Grade is A to A+ for me.




    agree 100%. besides cost a really nice addition to their line up.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • Bobb3rdownBobb3rdown Bothell, WAMembers Posts: 543 ✭✭
    A few more rounds with the avx in the books. Love this ball more and more every round. And for those worried about spin. I was able to spin a 9 iron back at least 15 feet on a par 3 yesterday. Granted the greens are very soft and slightly sloped back to front. I was very surprised it spun so much. Spun myself out of some KP money. Also have only lost 1 ball in the last 6 rounds. Not to shabby.
    Titleist 910d3 8.5
    Callaway diablo edge tour 15
    Adams A7 19
    Adam's pro mini 23
    Bridgestone J36 pc 5-pw
    Cleveland Rtx3 50,54,58
    Ping karsten piper
    2018 Players 5 stand bag
    Srixon Z Star xv
  • smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members Posts: 998 ✭✭
    I rarely head into this corner of the forums but glad I did.



    After skipping around a few pages in this thread it seems that others have come to the conclusions I have as well.



    First thing, I got the typical un-marked box of Titleist test balls last fall. And in typical Titleist test ball fashion they arrive some time in November when I have long put away the clubs and taken to hunting season. I saw these things (mine were the optic yellow color) and thought they were one of the cheaper versions attempting to slide into the rising colored ball market similar to a Volvik. I did not actually start playing the ball until this spring after I had purchased a sleeve of white AVX to try. When I compared my test balls to the AVX it was then that it dawned on me that I was sent the yellow version AVX to trial.



    According to Titleist these are supposed to have a lower flight, I have found that to be untrue for me, off the driver at least. Off my irons I notice no difference between a regular ProV1.

    The AVX is softer by far and has a softer feel. I liken it to a Chrome Soft. I really like the Chrome Softs.

    I experienced what others have stated about durability. I can make a single ball last multiple rounds provided I don't lose it, and typically I don't lose these as they behave better for me.

    I have also experienced less around the green spin. I am a low spin generating guy anyway. For whatever reason I can't get a ball to back up so best I can hope for is hit and release less than a few feet. These release just a hair bit more.

    I am not a good enough putter to tell you the difference with the flat stick between balls. They are round and the roll, that is about where my ability takes me.



    Overall I really, really like them. However, I can't justify $5 a piece (by the time you buy at pro shop rack rate and tack on the tax) balls. ProV's are a stretch for my game and I will likely continue to play the Chrome Soft at $39/doz.
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,593 ✭✭
    smashdn wrote:


    I rarely head into this corner of the forums but glad I did.



    After skipping around a few pages in this thread it seems that others have come to the conclusions I have as well.



    First thing, I got the typical un-marked box of Titleist test balls last fall. And in typical Titleist test ball fashion they arrive some time in November when I have long put away the clubs and taken to hunting season. I saw these things (mine were the optic yellow color) and thought they were one of the cheaper versions attempting to slide into the rising colored ball market similar to a Volvik. I did not actually start playing the ball until this spring after I had purchased a sleeve of white AVX to try. When I compared my test balls to the AVX it was then that it dawned on me that I was sent the yellow version AVX to trial.



    According to Titleist these are supposed to have a lower flight, I have found that to be untrue for me, off the driver at least. Off my irons I notice no difference between a regular ProV1.

    The AVX is softer by far and has a softer feel. I liken it to a Chrome Soft. I really like the Chrome Softs.

    I experienced what others have stated about durability. I can make a single ball last multiple rounds provided I don't lose it, and typically I don't lose these as they behave better for me.

    I have also experienced less around the green spin. I am a low spin generating guy anyway. For whatever reason I can't get a ball to back up so best I can hope for is hit and release less than a few feet. These release just a hair bit more.

    I am not a good enough putter to tell you the difference with the flat stick between balls. They are round and the roll, that is about where my ability takes me.



    Overall I really, really like them. However, I can't justify $5 a piece (by the time you buy at pro shop rack rate and tack on the tax) balls. ProV's are a stretch for my game and I will likely continue to play the Chrome Soft at $39/doz.




    75 cents per ball (round ?)



    As the younguns say



    smh

    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-4 48, 52, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 56* DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3, 64 DGS300

    Evnroll 1.2 (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • ginringinrin Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Wow how good for me is the AVX ball. In the cooler times I tend to switch to cheaper and lower compression balls. I've used in the last few weeks Srixon soft Feel,Q Star,Q Star Tour,TM ProjectA,Callaway Chrome soft, and Kirkland 3 pc. Went back to the AVX and my distance came back and so did my consistency.No more coming up short or hooking too much but a nice trajectory and distance and the putts seem to roll so much more on line. Enough of this switching around and I'll just play the AVX until something beats it out of my bag.JMHO
  • Bobb3rdownBobb3rdown Bothell, WAMembers Posts: 543 ✭✭
    ginrin wrote:


    Wow how good for me is the AVX ball. In the cooler times I tend to switch to cheaper and lower compression balls. I've used in the last few weeks Srixon soft Feel,Q Star,Q Star Tour,TM ProjectA,Callaway Chrome soft, and Kirkland 3 pc. Went back to the AVX and my distance came back and so did my consistency.No more coming up short or hooking too much but a nice trajectory and distance and the putts seem to roll so much more on line. Enough of this switching around and I'll just play the AVX until something beats it out of my bag.JMHO
    same for me. Every round I've played with it has gotten better. And with how soft it is now that the rains have finally showed up, it's stopping very close to its pitch. Even with long irons. Will continue to play it.
    Titleist 910d3 8.5
    Callaway diablo edge tour 15
    Adams A7 19
    Adam's pro mini 23
    Bridgestone J36 pc 5-pw
    Cleveland Rtx3 50,54,58
    Ping karsten piper
    2018 Players 5 stand bag
    Srixon Z Star xv
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,242 ✭✭


    Played a few holes with my 82 year old buddy today who shot his age the other day. He pulled his normal ball a bit so I tossed him an AVX to try. He was 165 to a back pin and ran it straight as an arrow, 5 feet past the hole, and sank the putt. He said "thats an AV what"?




    I've never heard of a ball that "pulls" image/huh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

    Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G25 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

    Snell MTB Black
  • DowntimeDowntime Members Posts: 98 ✭✭
    I found one the other day and finished my round with it (that was a miracle in itself lol). It was surprisingly good. I will buy a sleeve to try out over the next few weeks.
    TS2 - 10.5 - Evenflow White 6.0
    TS2 - 15 - Evenflow White 6.0
    816 H1 - 19 - Diamana White - Stiff
    JPX 919F - 4-P - KBS CTaper Lite - Stiff
    Vokey - 52-56-60
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    ProV1
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,297 ✭✭
    lawsonman wrote:


    Played a few holes with my 82 year old buddy today who shot his age the other day. He pulled his normal ball a bit so I tossed him an AVX to try. He was 165 to a back pin and ran it straight as an arrow, 5 feet past the hole, and sank the putt. He said "thats an AV what"?




    I've never heard of a ball that "pulls" image/huh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />




    I heard it skips on water better too.
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members Posts: 7,043 ✭✭
    I've enjoyed the AVX all summer....just tried a Q star Tour.....NEW BALL!
  • jcg132jcg132 PTPOTCW StamvegasMembers Posts: 1,041 ✭✭
    SwooshLT wrote:
    I've enjoyed the AVX all summer....just tried a Q star Tour.....NEW BALL!




    Try the Wilson Duo Urethane. Won’t be disappointed.
    Tour Issue Callaway Epic Sub Zero “L Stamp” 8° - Aldila Synergy Black Graphene Tour Proto 65 TX (44.5", D4)
    Tour Issue Callaway Epic Flash 15.5° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7 X (42.75", D6)
    Tour Issue Callaway Epic Hybrid 18° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 85 X (D4)
    PXG 0311 X Gen2 21.5° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 95 X (38.75", D4)
    PXG 0311 P Gen2 5-7 - Oban CT-115 Stiff (D4)
    PXG 0311 T Gen2 8-9 - Oban CT-115 Stiff (1.0° Strong, D4)
    PXG 0311 T Gen2 PW - Oban CT-115 Stiff (1.0° Strong, D5)
    Vokey SM7 Raw 49.11°F - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", 1.0° Flat, D5)
    Vokey SM7 Raw 54.10°S - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", 1.0° Flat, D5+)
    Vokey SM7 Raw 59.09°M - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", 1.0° Flat, D6)
    Scotty Cameron 009M Carbon - 34", 3.5°, 70°

    Titleist Pro V1x
    Golf Pride MCC Plus4
    FootJoy Pure Touch Limited
    Sun Mountain C130S
    Clicgear Model 8.0
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members Posts: 7,043 ✭✭
    jcg132 wrote:

    SwooshLT wrote:
    I've enjoyed the AVX all summer....just tried a Q star Tour.....NEW BALL!




    Try the Wilson Duo Urethane. Won’t be disappointed.






    I have, I was.....sadly....got 2 dozen at a great price.... AVX vs QST shootout!
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Members Posts: 2,022 ✭✭
    SwooshLT wrote:

    jcg132 wrote:

    SwooshLT wrote:
    I've enjoyed the AVX all summer....just tried a Q star Tour.....NEW BALL!




    Try the Wilson Duo Urethane. Won't be disappointed.






    I have, I was.....sadly....got 2 dozen at a great price.... AVX vs QST shootout!


    2nd gen QST is great!
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members Posts: 7,043 ✭✭
    Break81 wrote:

    SwooshLT wrote:

    jcg132 wrote:

    SwooshLT wrote:
    I've enjoyed the AVX all summer....just tried a Q star Tour.....NEW BALL!




    Try the Wilson Duo Urethane. Won't be disappointed.






    I have, I was.....sadly....got 2 dozen at a great price.... AVX vs QST shootout!


    2nd gen QST is great!




    Trying a dozen starting tomorrow! 1st gen felt a little more muted when chipping and putting....2nd gen was a shade clicky....but I've heard driver 2nd gen is lower spin...can you add anything else?
  • monks66monks66 Members Posts: 589 ✭✭
    SwooshLT wrote:

    jcg132 wrote:

    SwooshLT wrote:
    I've enjoyed the AVX all summer....just tried a Q star Tour.....NEW BALL!




    Try the Wilson Duo Urethane. Won't be disappointed.






    I have, I was.....sadly....got 2 dozen at a great price.... AVX vs QST shootout!




    I am doing the same, playing AVX, but the 2nd gen Qstar Tour is supposed to be a good ball
Sign In or Register to comment.