Where is the tell tale sign of getting aged. ( in golf ).

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Members  5638WRX Points: 471Posts: 5,638 Titanium Tees
    Stu,

In our group, we call that putt a Lucas Glover😂
    Posted:
    Titleist 910d3 9.5* (d4 surefit) Motore Speeder TS 7.3
    Titleist 917f2 16.5* (b2 surefit) Motore Speeder TS 8.3
    Titleist 818 h1 21* (a2 surefit) Atmos blue TS 8
    Titleist 962b 3-pw s400 
    Vokey sm7 raw M 54* s400
    Vokey 260-10 C-C raw 60 s400
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #2
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members  12742WRX Points: 3,524Handicap: 5.0Posts: 12,742 Titanium Tees
    Mitchell wrote:

Stu,

In our group, we call that putt a Lucas Glover��
    Yeah he did do that and I do not think there was a blonde involved there
    Posted:

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Hybrid Adams Boxer 19* Matrix Ozik R
    Hybrid Adams A-10 OS 22* Pro Launch red R
    Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex 2 shafts
    SW Macgregor LRA 56* S-400 DJ Special
    LW Wilson Harmonized 60 Stock TT shaft
    Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace MK5 Tour Issue
    Bag(s) Old School Burton plain mini staff or Jones Classic

• Chris122Chris122 Banned  611WRX Points: 8Posts: 611 Golden Tee
    When it doesn't take cold weather and three cups of coffee to make you need a pee every four holes.
    Posted:
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members  4370WRX Points: 385Posts: 4,370 Titanium Tees
    Chris122 wrote:

When it doesn't take cold weather and three cups of coffee to make you need a pee every four holes.

Mostly because of the "water pills" or the "diuretic medications" we seniors took to lower the blood pressure.
    Posted:
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members  12742WRX Points: 3,524Handicap: 5.0Posts: 12,742 Titanium Tees
    wkuo3 wrote:

Chris122 wrote:

Mostly because of the "water pills" or the "diuretic medications" we seniors took to lower the blood pressure.
    Yep I take those water pills for BP control---- What is funny is that my BP is not all that bad so to speak but a little high for my annual DOT physical for driving a truck. Actually if I am lucky enough to retire at the end of 19 and get out of trucking period and telling the Government to shove those CDL licenses where the sun does not shine my Doc and I have discussed me coming off them maybe.
    Posted:

• wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members  4370WRX Points: 385Posts: 4,370 Titanium Tees
    BIG STU wrote:

wkuo3 wrote:

Chris122 wrote:

Yep I take those water pills for BP control---- What is funny is that my BP is not all that bad so to speak but a little high for my annual DOT physical for driving a truck. Actually if I am lucky enough to retire at the end of 19 and get out of trucking period and telling the Government to shove those CDL licenses where the sun does not shine my Doc and I have discussed me coming off them maybe.

Maybe you could walk the 18 where it's not too hilly, after you could get away from the wheels for awhile.

Watch for your salt intake, those water pills together with high Sodium in the diet will eventually kill your kidney. Not fun to be on dialysis. One guy I know had to go in for dialysis every other day. He's supposed to be on a special diet but, he figured if he doesn't have his favorite dishes now, he may never have them. So he kind of gave up on following the diet plan given to him.

Not good. He may need transplant in a few years.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    When your mate at the bar asks without turning round "Are you having anything Chris?" and when you ask how he knew who it was says;

"I could hear you wheezing..."
    Posted:
  • CheckJVCheckJV Male Model Members  2113WRX Points: 158Posts: 2,113 Platinum Tees
    When you don’t play the courses surrounded by houses anymore because there is nowhere to pee.
    Posted:
  • oldschoolrockeroldschoolrocker Members  5096WRX Points: 168Posts: 5,096 Titanium Tees
    Had a big “senior realization moment” yesterday. Started playing with a group of seniors on Tuesdays at the local Muni. Heard that they are putting about 3 mil into a complete course makeover this coming year. Over burger and fries in the grill room after playing I asked the director of the facility who was doing the work. He said ****. Almost fell off my barstool. He said , do you know him? I said, yes, I was the little snots little league baseball coach. Where did all that time go???
    Posted:
  • TimVTimV Members  1484WRX Points: 17Handicap: yesPosts: 1,484 Platinum Tees
    When the "kids" on the golf course you're complaining about are over 40 years old.
    Posted:
    All Forged, all the time.
    The Sets that see regular playing time...
    67 Spalding Top-Flite Professional, Cleveland Classic Persimmon Driver, 3 & 4 Spalding Top-Flite Persimmon Woods, TPM Putter.
    71 Wilson Staff Button Backs, Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver, 3 & 5 Woods, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter.
    95 Snake Eyes S&W Forged, Snake Eyes 600T Driver, Viper MS 18* & 21* Woods, 252 & 258 Vokeys, Golfsmith Zero Friction Putter.
    2015 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5, TaylorMade Superfast Driver, 16.5* Fairway, & 21* Hybrid, Harmonized SW & LW, Tour Edge Feel2 Putter.
    When you realise that what was once your chest has migrated south to the waistline.

Your **** has sagged to the extent that cycling is only possible by dropping one **** down each trouser leg and mounting with care.

The fear that an itchy bum-crack is presaging an attack of the Farmer Giles.

You might say "That's life" but golf is life and life,golf.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Richard 77Richard 77 Members  387WRX Points: 106Handicap: NonePosts: 387 Greens
    Chris122 wrote:

elwhippy wrote:

Buy the Mustang. Stick with the beer. Avoid mixed foursomes.

Or as my old pal JC Wilson described them "mixed gruesomes".

But he and you had obviously not had a partner like mine at a previous club,she was 17 years old,blonde playing off 5,a bonny girl and great fun to play with.
    I can only imagine!��
    Posted:
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members  3418WRX Points: 343Posts: 3,418 Titanium Tees
    You now start wearing gilets in the house. You stop caring about the stains on the front of your pants. Flirting with the waitress is no longer acceptable as it feels wrong. You switch on the horse racing despite a tour event being shown on the other channel. It takes three good shots to get up in two.
    Posted:
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members  4803WRX Points: 688Posts: 4,803 Titanium Tees
    CheckJV wrote:

When you don’t play the courses surrounded by houses anymore because there is nowhere to pee.

Only reason I don't like playing with ladies on the course.
    Posted:
  • deetsaldeetsal deetsal Members  1390WRX Points: 44Handicap: 6Posts: 1,390 Platinum Tees
    Easy, asking what the telltale signs of getting aged are!
    Posted:
    Buying these.......

When 'value' is more attractive than 'premium' because performance is the same.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • scomac2002scomac2002 Inside the Starters' Hut Members  6133WRX Points: 4,060Posts: 6,133 Titanium Tees
    Actually, I've found that the Lady Pinnacle is even better... image/blush.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blush:' />
    Posted:
    Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!

TM RBZ Black 12°
    Adams Tight Lies 2.0 16°/22°
    TM '09 Rescue 5H
    TM Burner Plus 6-AW
    Cleveland CBX 56° SW
    Rossa Tourismo 3 Counterbalanced
  • cwglumcwglum Members  1588WRX Points: 163Posts: 1,588 Platinum Tees
    When your 1st thought is what you used to hit, so you can translate into what you need to hit ... "I used to hit 7-iron from here, so it's a 5-iron"
    Posted:
    scomac2002 wrote:

Actually, I've found that the Lady Pinnacle is even better... image/blush.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blush:' />

Especially in cold weather..........that's when my Pinnacle looks more like a Lady Pinnacle....... image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
    Posted:
  • scomac2002scomac2002 Inside the Starters' Hut Members  6133WRX Points: 4,060Posts: 6,133 Titanium Tees
    cwglum wrote:

When your 1st thought is what you used to hit, so you can translate into what you need to hit ... "I used to hit 7-iron from here, so it's a 5-iron"

Or a 9W... image/dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />
    Posted:

TM RBZ Black 12°
    TM '09 Rescue 5H
    TM Burner Plus 6-AW
    Cleveland CBX 56° SW
  • WrigglesWriggles Members  3285WRX Points: 914Posts: 3,285 Titanium Tees
    A couple years ago, I bought a NWTs pair of yellow golf pants at Goodwill. Washed them, positively a bit too big, and a beltless pair with no belt loops. Got the bright idea and fashioned belt loops out of electrical ties.

Wife says I'm an old man, doing things like that.

Will be wearing them in Spring, at least once or twice.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Wriggles wrote:

A couple years ago, I bought a NWTs pair of yellow golf pants at Goodwill. Washed them, positively a bit too big, and a beltless pair with no belt loops. Got the bright idea and fashioned belt loops out of electrical ties.

Where's your sense of adventure, Wriggs? You should have got yourself a pair of rainbow suspenders! That would make the folks talk! image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />
    Posted:

TM RBZ Black 12°
    TM '09 Rescue 5H
    TM Burner Plus 6-AW
    Cleveland CBX 56° SW
    Wriggles wrote:

I knew it all along---- you have some redneck in you exactly sort of thing I would do. I broke my belt one day at the shredder I took several of those huge wire ties and made me a belt. One of the other drivers said well that will be good unless you have to take a quick dump. No problem I told him I carry a razor knife and a pair of wire dykes. Redneck Engineering at its finest
    Posted:

scomac2002 wrote:

cwglum wrote:

What is really really bad is when you say I was 75 yards further off the tee on this hole---- with persimmon and balata! image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />
    Posted:

• joeshmojoeshmo Members  1062WRX Points: 125Posts: 1,062 Platinum Tees
    half way to the course you look down to make sure you put on pants
    Posted:
    Talent is the desire to practice
    joeshmo wrote:

image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' /> image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' /> image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' />
    Posted:

TM RBZ Black 12°
    TM '09 Rescue 5H
    TM Burner Plus 6-AW
    Cleveland CBX 56° SW

Advertisement
    BIG STU wrote:

scomac2002 wrote:

cwglum wrote:

What is really really bad is when you say I was 75 yards further off the tee on this hole---- with persimmon and balata! image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />

You know what, STU? I don't give a sh*t anymore. I'm just happy to get out there and knock it around a bit. It's not like it's important, it's just a game. Give me enough strokes and I might even take a fiver off ya! image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' />
    Posted:

TM RBZ Black 12°
    TM '09 Rescue 5H
    TM Burner Plus 6-AW
    Cleveland CBX 56° SW
  • WrigglesWriggles Members  3285WRX Points: 914Posts: 3,285 Titanium Tees
    scomac2002 wrote:

BIG STU wrote:

scomac2002 wrote:

cwglum wrote:

You know what, STU? I don't give a sh*t anymore. I'm just happy to get out there and knock it around a bit. It's not like it's important, it's just a game. Give me enough strokes and I might even take a fiver off ya! image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' />

Absolutely how I feel.
    Posted:
  • rwc356rwc356 Chicago, IllinoisMembers  411WRX Points: 141Handicap: 12Posts: 411 Greens
    joeshmo wrote:

And zipped them up ....
    Posted:
    Just an older guy with 7 or 8 clubs and a MacKenzie Sunday Walker bag

Advertisement
    rwc356 wrote:

joeshmo wrote:

And zipped them up ....

Yes! That is the classic,known as 'flying low' in the UK.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.