The one thing I would change at the Masters.

Comments

• bamagolfbamagolf Members Posts: 169 ✭✭
    3jacker wrote:

Socrates wrote:

I was going to say, stop selling the cheese-pimento sandwiches. They really are terrible.

I don't even know for sure what "pimento cheese" actually is. It seems more like a condiment than anything.

I've tried em. I'm with you on this.

Pimento cheese is ok and I will have one just to say I did. The real deals are the egg salad and also the BBQ sandwiches.
    Ping G400 LST 10* (set at 9*)
    Ping G400 3W 14.5*
    Callaway GBB Heavenwood (set at 20*)
    Callaway XR OS 5H, 6H, 7H
    Ping G410 7-LW
    TM Spider X 35"
  • hurricanes7hurricanes7 Members Posts: 2,846 ✭✭
    why isnt running allowed
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]DRIVER- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
    3 WOOD- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
    HYBRID- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
    IRONS- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
    GAP- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
    SAND- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
    LOB- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
    PUTTER- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
    BALL- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font]
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 11,852 ✭✭
    The field has to be larger and more competitive
    Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Oban Kiyoshi White 65s
    Ping G25 7w 20* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Ping G25 4h 23* Diamana White 92s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping s55 6-PW Fujikura mci 100s
    Vokey sm2 50* 54* 59* 64* DG s400 Onyx
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • larrybudlarrybud Members Posts: 11,230 ✭✭
    A.Princey wrote:

My criticism is the limited network/Augusta tv coverage. Sat-Sun CBS and only CBS can show live/recorded footage and only during the limited afternoon window that CBS has allotted for it. Same goes for Thu-Fri on ESPN, with a few less theatrics... I don't care if more coverage does equate to more advertising, I'd like to see golf a couple hours sooner, at least on the first 2 days.

lol @ limited.

Last year I posted a picture of me at work with 3 monitors and my tablet going, streaming 4 different feeds at the same time.

in 1986 we got the last 9 holes of sunday...
  • GolfTurkeyGolfTurkey Members Posts: 570 ✭✭

Jim Nance aside, I find the reverence to the event a little over the top. They do a wonderful job of the tournament and it is a beautiful golf course, but it's just golf FFS, this isn't the holiest of holies.

Yep agree totally, I have never understood the reverential hushed tones and special language reserved for Augusta.

why eat pimento cheese
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,710 ClubWRX

why eat pimento cheese

Yummy!

why isnt running allowed

Colin Montgomerie rule.
  • FairwaySheriffFairwaySheriff The Other Sheriff Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
  • worldslasttwfanworldslasttwfan Members Posts: 327 ✭✭
    maybe the life time exemption to previous winners.

not sure what is the worst thing about that picture
  • A.PrinceyA.Princey Major Hacker Members Posts: 2,156 ✭✭
    edited Mar 8, 2018 #73
    larrybud wrote:

A.Princey wrote:

My criticism is the limited network/Augusta tv coverage. Sat-Sun CBS and only CBS can show live/recorded footage and only during the limited afternoon window that CBS has allotted for it. Same goes for Thu-Fri on ESPN, with a few less theatrics... I don't care if more coverage does equate to more advertising, I'd like to see golf a couple hours sooner, at least on the first 2 days.

lol @ limited.

Last year I posted a picture of me at work with 3 monitors and my tablet going, streaming 4 different feeds at the same time.

I'm a single broadcast kind of guy, we had two TVs stacked on top of each other in college, and it was laughable. All this effort to simulcast each play, just focus on the bread and butter telecast. These multi-feed options also entice a network to privatize/charge per view, and in the not too distant future we'll all be paying premiums to view what has always otherwise been basic cable programming.... PGA Tour live is one of them. I will not pay them one dime, NOT ONE DIME!!!!

Less Golf Central, more action on the course, I say!!!!!
    '16 M2 10.5*, Diamana Ltd. 70 S+ 43.5"
    Ping G SFT 16*, DIamana Ltd. 70 S+ 41.5"
    Ping Rapture 3i, AWT-R
    Ping G25 4-G, DG-R400
    Vokey 56(57*), 60(63*) DG-R400
    Byron DH89 Longneck 33" (or any of 10 4 other putters...)
    edited Mar 8, 2018 #74

LOL, ankle bracelet - she out on bail and still earning?

That's why cottage cheese hasn't caught on.
  • Roadking2003Roadking2003 AustinMembers Posts: 5,301 ✭✭
    Socrates wrote:

I was going to say, stop selling the cheese-pimento sandwiches. They really are terrible.

I love the pimento cheese sandwiches and get one every time I'm there.
  • Roadking2003Roadking2003 AustinMembers Posts: 5,301 ✭✭

It's somewhere between the "dogs" t-shirt and the black hairpiece.
  • frebirdfrebird freebird Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
    It's a cool place no doubt. Anyone who loves golf should have the chance to see in person. The whole ticket deal is ridiculous. A couple of us went two years ago and bought tickets on the street. I want to go again this year but really don't know where to buy tickets.. Stub Hub? There have been some on here for sale but not at a price I am willing to pay. There should be a way to get into practice rounds without taking a second mortgage on your home!!!
  • FairwaySheriffFairwaySheriff The Other Sheriff Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    edited Mar 8, 2018 #79

It's somewhere between the "dogs" t-shirt and the black hairpiece.

I'm going with the guy casually strollin in the background that's forever linked with this classic pic
  • FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 4,701 ✭✭

johnnypro wrote:

I can't decide whether I'd change the corny music or allow announcers to use the word fans or gallery instead of patrons or interview someone with the cujones to admit that Clifford Roberts was a disgraceful human being.

The AGNC only seems to be interested in discussion one side of their history.

I notice the ANGC seems to rub you the wrong way. Did your folks make you wear a green jacket as a kid, call you Hootie - or something?
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL Members Posts: 6,143 ✭✭
    cardoustie wrote:

The field has to be larger and more competitive

I believe the movement towards that has begun. Slowly pushing older past champions out and inviting more high level ams and more global players. I’d be curious to see a larger field there and how that would affect scoring. Like 130
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL Members Posts: 6,143 ✭✭

She’s a keeper!
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

LOL, ankle bracelet - she out on bail and still earning?

That's why cottage cheese hasn't caught on.

how much extra cash did she have laying around to buy a ticket?

Ferguson wrote:

johnnypro wrote:

I can't decide whether I'd change the corny music or allow announcers to use the word fans or gallery instead of patrons or interview someone with the cujones to admit that Clifford Roberts was a disgraceful human being.

I notice the ANGC seems to rub you the wrong way. Did your folks make you wear a green jacket as a kid, call you Hootie - or something?

also hates St. Patricks day
    edited Mar 9, 2018 #84
    A.Princey wrote:

larrybud wrote:

A.Princey wrote:

lol @ limited.

I'm a single broadcast kind of guy, we had two TVs stacked on top of each other in college, and it was laughable. All this effort to simulcast each play, just focus on the bread and butter telecast. These multi-feed options also entice a network to privatize/charge per view, and in the not too distant future we'll all be paying premiums to view what has always otherwise been basic cable programming.... PGA Tour live is one of them. I will not pay them one dime, NOT ONE DIME!!!!

It was all completely free, as it's put on by the Masters. Every week on this board someone is complaining that they're not showing SO and SO but instead showing too much SO and SO (cough, tiger, phil). And now you're complaining that they're showing too much (but, in weird way, not enough)? lol This NOT the definition of a "limited broadcast".

Golf is completely different broadcast than any other major sport since the action is taking place all over the field of play at any one time.

Here it is. They were in 3-some I believe, so I watch 12 different players at 1 time (two of the streams were featured groups, the other two were specific holes, so the players changed as the day went on).

And this was on a Friday!

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:3829466]

I see that guy shops at the same place as Monte ;-)
  • thesaxemachinethesaxemachine Hello, friends... Members Posts: 433 ✭✭
    Ferguson wrote:

johnnypro wrote:

Nah. I'm good, but I as I've mentioned, I also believe that the Master's is unnecessarily sanctified. It's a great, prestigious golf tournment on one of the world's most beautiful courses, but it isn't more than that and to me it certainly isn't better than the Open.
    Rogue SZ w/ Tour AD GP
    M1 w/ Diamana Thump
    GAPR w/ KBS Tour Proto
    Srixon Z-765 w/ PX LZ
    Vokey 46° 50° 54°
    Hi-Toe 58°
    Bobby Grace Tour Diamond 3
  • SC-TX 88SC-TX 88 Members Posts: 1,027 ✭✭
    Nothing.
    M5 9.0 w/ Tensei White 70X tipped 1.5”
    M2 2017 TI T3 (actual 13.7) w/GD AD TP 8X tipped 0.5”
    M2 2016 TI 18 w/ Fujikura 93X Pro Spec tipped 0.5”
    UDI 3 w/Fujikura Pro 115 Tour Spec X-Flex
    Miura MB 001 3-PW w/ PX LZ 7.0
    Raw SM6 54.08M, WedgeWorks 60 T Grind (54/60 DGTI S400)
    Machine M1A (“Tiger Proto”), TM Spider X, Toulon Atlanta, Piretti GSS

• SOONERMAGICSOONERMAGIC "If you ain't livin you're dyin" Members Posts: 1,983
  • ray9898ray9898 Members Posts: 768 ✭✭
    Threads like this are only proof that people will never be happy.
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,631 ✭✭
    I would change that if you tunnel in, then you can stay for the whole week.
  • dlygrissedlygrisse Members Posts: 13,127 ✭✭
    elwhippy wrote:

I doubt LPGA players could hold some of the greens with the lower flights and less backspin than the men.

I disagree. A bunch of old guys play the course most of the time. The greens are very receptive if you hit it to the right spot, plus they could slow the greens down a bit for the ladies if necessary.

I bet if you went back and looked at the Masters winners over the years you would find the winner was generally one of the people who hit their irons the most accurately that year. Sure putting and short game are important, but if you don't place your approach shots good luck making putts.

Move the ladies up to the member tees, slow the greens a bit and they would shoot well under par.

Ping G400
    Callaway Rogue 3w, HW
    Ping G 4 hybrid
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS
    Vokey 58 M grind
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3