Pasatiempo

gambit

Hey guys. Got a buddy coming up from SCAL and one of the courses we plan on playing is Pasatiempo in late April. Haven’t played here in a few years and the price I saw online was significantly higher than what I paid before. Any tips to get a cheaper rate like booking a certain number of days ahead or a certain website? Any members wanna get us a rate? Lol...seriously tho lol.

Totally worth the high price.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

If you're coming in late April, check the aeration schedule. A lot of courses in NorCal aerate mid to late April.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5, set at 9.5 stock R-flex
Taylormade M2 3 wood R-flex stock shaft.
Tour Edge Exotic EX9 hybrids, 2 and 5 Recoil R-flex shaft.
Taylormade P790 5-PW Modus 105 R-flex shafts
Titleist Vokey 50,54 and 58 wedges
Odyssey 2 ball.

I don't say this often but I'm happy to pay the full $250 to play Pasa. It's a special course.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Golf, history and beauty all in the one place. Then have a meal at the Mackenzie grill and savour the view.

Well when we went for the first time a couple years ago we had the food at the turn. It was good, but a VERY funny story.

We get to 9 tee and see an advert for the grill food at the turn and says 4.99 for mushrooms, avocado, etc. toppings for hot dogs. I say hey hot dogs are 5 bucks loaded who wants one? We order 3 and 3 gatorades. Get off the green and go in where my dad pulls out a 20 and a 5 to pay saying he has this. The lady says $52. My dad looked puzzled and says $52? She says yes and he pulls out 2 more 20's. He gets 10 back so for 55 bucks we had 3 loaded hot dogs and 3 gatorades!

I look at the menu and it says hot dogs 8 bucks so the 4.99 was just for the EXTRA toppings! 13 dollar hot dogs!

We fondly remember this to tease my dad as he was so pissed he couldn't enjoy the rest of the round, despite me paying for the whole thing.

Thanks for the responses fellas. Ive played it before. The last was during the drought where pretty much only the tee boxes and greens were, well, green lol. My buddies are flying from scal. I think 2 of us are doing delaveaga (sp?) course in the morning and then head to Pasatiempo right after. It’s been a while so I couldn’t remember the pricing.

I played there a few years ago. Really regret not taking it in. Didn't know much about the course, and had already played the Bandon courses, Chambers, Harding Park and just added Pasa by chance.. I emailed the head pro, told him I was an assistant pro (I was at the time) and they let me play for free. I didn't really fully take it in, I played a rainy morning and not a ton of visibility. Going to have to get back there because it is truly a top course in the country.

Just played Friday (client outing) and it was in gorgeous shape, just a beautiful course. On the turn, the hamburger/hot dog (hot dog shape and bun) is awesome. Definitely have the 19th hole at the MacKenzie room (gorgeous view from the patio) at the end of the round. We ate at the Hollins House afterwards, a short walk up. Fairly high price tag but food was delicious.

Echoing the above we played in January and about 3 weeks out tee times started to pop up on golf now and their site for 170-175. I think we ended up around 1130 but they discounted as early as 1030 or so.

Course was in amazing shape but man are the greens slow. Took some getting used to. Probably because it was wet too but they said the greens are usually pretty shaggy.

I'm sure it very much depends on time of day and exactly where you're setting off from what roughly what is the drive time from SF to Pasa? I'm going to be in SF for three or four nights in May of next year after visiting Bandon. If it's doable we'd love to play Pasatiempo.

Callaway Rogue w/ AD IZ 
Cobra F8 3w w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Orange
Callaway Rogue 5w w/ Oban Isawa Red
Titleist 818 H1 hybrid w/ Oban Isawa Red
Srixon z765 5-pw w/ Steelfiber
Vokey SM7 52F, 56F, 60K w/ Steelfiber
PXG Darkness Gunboat

I'm sure it very much depends on time of day and exactly where you're setting off from what roughly what is the drive time from SF to Pasa? I'm going to be in SF for three or four nights in May of next year after visiting Bandon. If it's doable we'd love to play Pasatiempo.

Plan on 1:45 to 2 hours, or 2:15-2:30 if you take the scenic route down highway 1. This based on Union Square as a starting point in SF

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Plan on 1:45 to 2 hours, or 2:15-2:30 if you take the scenic route down highway 1. This based on Union Square as a starting point in SF

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. If I was visiting, Edinburghgolfe, I'd take the scenic route at least either going there or coming back. The views on Highway 1 are spectacular. Barbara's Fishtrap for some fish n chips and clam chowder (I know you're from England but I'm curious how you compare lol...cash only over there). Sam's chowder house has lobster rolls if you're into that. A short drive further south from there is a small town called Pescadero. Real charming. There's a market called Arcangeli's. They have a garlic artichoke bread that's to die for. My picky @ss kids will devour this thing and leave me with the bag. Love the cookies too.

Agree take the scenic route so much better than the 280 and a million times better than the 101. I'll throw a shout out to one of my favorite spots, Half Moon Bay (Sams Chowder house) take a stroll out to Pillar point. I think you said May so not likely to have massive surf but still pretty none the less.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. If I was visiting, Edinburghgolfe, I'd take the scenic route at least either going there or coming back. The views on Highway 1 are spectacular. Barbara's Fishtrap for some fish n chips and clam chowder (I know you're from England but I'm curious how you compare lol...cash only over there). Sam's chowder house has lobster rolls if you're into that. A short drive further south from there is a small town called Pescadero. Real charming. There's a market called Arcangeli's. They have a garlic artichoke bread that's to die for. My picky @ss kids will devour this thing and leave me with the bag. Love the cookies too.

Thanks, that's really helpful. I'll know exactly how many days we have in SF once we book our flights in May. Hoping to do at least three or four days in the city. As much as I want to play golf in SF (especially if we can swing a private or two) I really want to make sure we have enough time to soak up the city. It's been somewhere I've wanted to visit for such a long time.

Callaway Rogue w/ AD IZ 
PXG Darkness Gunboat

Agree take the scenic route so much better than the 280 and a million times better than the 101. I'll throw a shout out to one of my favorite spots, Half Moon Bay (Sams Chowder house) take a stroll out to Pillar point. I think you said May so not likely to have massive surf but still pretty none the less.

That's great, thanks for the information. Yeah we'll be leaving Bandon on the 17th of May.

Callaway Rogue w/ AD IZ 
PXG Darkness Gunboat

Thanks, that's really helpful. I'll know exactly how many days we have in SF once we book our flights in May. Hoping to do at least three or four days in the city. As much as I want to play golf in SF (especially if we can swing a private or two) I really want to make sure we have enough time to soak up the city. It's been somewhere I've wanted to visit for such a long time.

In SF check out the Ferry Building. It's a great market place with really quality food and it's on the waterfront (Embarcadero). Golden Gate Park is cool and it's huge. Chinatown for some dim sum. Japan town used to be better. I'd pass on it now. If you go further north check out Bodega Bay. If you like oysters, that's the place to get them right from the source. Some of the best in the country.

Highly suggest taking in a Giants game if you are there as well. The stadium is really nice and it is just a good way to spend a cold night(no matter what the temp lol) Also near the Embarcadero is a usual stop for me the Tadich Grill really cool bar.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Highly suggest taking in a Giants game if you are there as well. The stadium is really nice and it is just a good way to spend a cold night(no matter what the temp lol) Also near the Embarcadero is a usual stop for me the Tadich Grill really cool bar.

Tadich is great. Oldest seafood restaurant in SF...they don't take reservations. Waiters can be a bit ornery, but that's kind of the old world charm. Love it there. If the Warriors are in the playoffs and you wanna drop the $$$ that would be great too. Warriors basketball is crazy.

I really appreciate the suggestions. I know May 2019 is still a long way off but we’re super excited about the trip. Nine nights at Bandon followed by a few nights in San Francisco should be a fantastic trip.

Callaway Rogue w/ AD IZ 
PXG Darkness Gunboat

• 3 weeks later...

Easily top 10 in Cali, holes 10-11 have to be 2 of the toughest back to back holes I've ever played and one of the best logo's in golf.

Well worth the green fees!

Played it this past weekend and it was in great shape as they were getting it ready for a college tourney this weekend. I won't say what my score was lol. I forgot about the 237 yard uphill par 3 with the false front, and multiple bunkers. The first cut was deep enough to lose balls. The native tall grass that runs along the rough were cut down so you definitely can't find a ball in there. Thank God I brought enough lol.

Easily top 10 in Cali, holes 10-11 have to be 2 of the toughest back to back holes I've ever played and one of the best logo's in golf.

Well worth the green fees!

Played it this past weekend and it was in great shape as they were getting it ready for a college tourney this weekend. I won't say what my score was lol. I forgot about the 237 yard uphill par 3 with the false front, and multiple bunkers. The first cut was deep enough to lose balls. The native tall grass that runs along the rough were cut down so you definitely can't find a ball in there. Thank God I brought enough lol.

Really looking forward to playing Pasa one of these days!

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black