2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

--m

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, I've had a few acheivments in golf. I've won three state tourneys last year with scores of 75, 73, and 78 (par 74). It was really exciting to get my first win under my belt it feels so good! I played in some New England stuff, and had a few good finishes, no outstanding scores, but still had 3 top 5's. At the state championship, I played in the 15-17 age division when I was still 14, and I had pretty much the rounds of my life - couple yips coming in on some wedge shots, but that was just because of nerves. I got in with a 74, but unfortunately I played the match play finalist (of last year) in my first match this year - I held him to the 15th, but I grinded as hard as I could. Although I had some good tourneys, I used this year as a building year, because I went through two MAJOR swing changes, which set me back a bit, but through the fall, and this winter, I have been able to get them down solidly, so we'll see what comes to me next year.

- Bryan

Still waiting for a tournament win worth bragging about. A couple of friends and I won a scramble tournament when we were 11 or 12. My sophomore year on my golf team I played both varsity and jv and medaled in every jv meet I was in (not too hard at the jv level), unfortunantly I couldn't do as well on varsity. Still waiting for a state or junior tour win though.

I dont have any Big Wins but i played ecent last summer and managed to win a tourney and play well in a few other. In my area there is a great tournament series that the Mercer County Parks commission runs. It is 3 tournaments and they are used as a qualifier for the tournament of champions as well as the Junior Challenge Cup Team.

In the first tournament of the series i shot 75 and place 5th, in the second tournament i won with an even par 70. I came to the last hole needing to birdie to win. It was a 325 yd par 4 straightaway with trees surrounding the fairway and green, they're only about 15 yds off of the fairway. I stepped up to the tee and ripped a tee shot to 35 ft past the hole, lipped out my eagle put and tapped in for birdie to win. It was thrilling as i hadnt had a win since the previous summer. In the Third Tournament i shot 74 and came in 3rd. I finished second in the points standing. Unfortunately i lost in the Match Play tournament of champions but i qualified and played as the #1 man for the 16-19yr old. division for the Junior Challenge Cup team.

The Challenge Cup:

Morning: Alternate shot. my partner and i couldnt make a putt and lost 1 down.

Afternoon: Singles, I played Anchorman. I played a kid who could absolutely kill the ball, i mean he flew the ball 320. 6'3" 230 ish. big kid. We battled all day on a 7200yd par 72 course. It was pretty much back an forth all day. I was one down going into the15th hole. I won 15. then on 16 a 220 yd Par 3 i stuck my 4 iron to 18 inches and went to the seveteenth with a 1 up lead.(thankgod.. i dont get along well with 17) anyways i lost my drive in the trees and lost the hole. We went to the 18th Par 5 615yds A/S, with the match on the line. I blocked my drive right onto the 1st Green!!!!!!! my opponent drove it down the middle 320. I layed up to 125yds.(perfect controlled wedge), My opponent took the biggest rip at his 3w wood and skanked it, the ball only went 125yds or so. Advantage back to me. He ripped a 56 iron from somewhere around 200yds onto the green to 35 ft. I stuck my wedge shot to15ft above the hole. He missed his birdie oppurtunity and left himself 3 ft for par. I new that all i needed was a halve to win the cup for my team. I got a little greedy and ran the putt by 5ft. I drained the combacker and my opponent missed his. I won the match and the cup. even thoguh it was match play the official with the group kept our strokes anyways and at the end of the day we both had shot 71 (-1). It goes to show you how the score doesnt matter with match play. that was probably the most exciting moment i had had.

OK I know that was alot ill finish up.

I have had a few top 10's in IJGT's and placed 2nd in an AJGT,3rd in another.

I missed the Junior Am. by 2 strokes.

Played in a couple of ajga qualifiers and managed to get myself an exemption and some stars.

I didnt play as well as i had wanted this summer but it was a total dissapointment. This spring is Very Important as well as the summer.

Dan"goose" :)

PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2

I won the North of Scotland U-18s championship last July. The wind was howling at about 30-40 MPH and I shot 77, 72 on a par 70 layout to win by 3. In the last season I've began to play a lot of national events so hopefully soon I wil be able to update you with some more big acheivements.

Titleist TS3 10.5° w/ Tensei AV 55 Stiff
Titleist TS2 16.5° w/ Tensei AV 65 Stiff
Titleist TS2 21° w/ Tensei AV 75 Stiff
Titleist U510 23° w/ Tensei Blue AM2 Stiff
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 w/ XP 95 S300
Vokey SM8 46°, 50°, 54°, 60° w/ XP 95 S300
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34"

I biggest golf achievement would be winning our B grade district championships in 2005 with scores of 84 83. The wind was very strong and it changed directions for the 2 rounds, the first day i hit driver wedge into a par 4 then the next day i hit driver 4 iron.

Another great achievement was 2 weeks ago when i broke 80 for the 1st time with a round of 78.

brent

Was the youngest to qualify for the Big I Junior Classic since Tiger Woods. Will set the record for most appearances this year with 5.

Adam

You guys don't know what good is, how about 14th at callaway juniors and 3rd at orange bowl.................

Wow, you must be amazing. (cool)

Adam

nothing big i started golf in 10th grade now in 12th waited to late last year to enter any tourdaments only got one in shot 77-73 on a par 71 first day was par going threw the back but then got sick cuz of the heat it was at 106 heat index deff hott in virginia but at my district opener i tied first with 5 other players all of them were on a diff team and there no.1 player also the no.1 player on my team shot 72 also a Par 72 6326 yards lake chesdin golf club one of the courses the hooters tour plays

this year im doing alot

hope to go low

You guys don't know what good is, how about 14th at callaway juniors and 3rd at orange bowl.................

///////////////////

I am going to go ahead and say those are false. The only people from bradenton that played in the orange bowl are peter and mu, and neither got 14th at the callaway juniors and/or wouldnt be inclinded to make statements like that.

For me, my best tournament is winning '04 pepsi little peoples. Shot (-3) for two days and the field was 175 people.

I would agree with College Golfer.............. There were only 2 people from bradenton in those tournaments and i attend BA and don't know anyone at this school that finish with that at those tournaments!!!! So obviously you were lying to everyone... (cool)

College Golfer good shooting at pepsi little peoples i looked at those scores and i believe i saw your name if you live in NE.

Adam,

I'm sure ive congratulated you before on your win but here it is again.. Congratulations thats a hell of an acomplishment.

I also have to agree with College golfer i didnt see anyone with the same name finish 3rd or 14th at orange bowl and callaway...but lets put that one to rest already!

Dan"goose" (cool)

PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2

Adam,

I'm sure ive congratulated you before on your win but here it is again.. Congratulations thats a hell of an acomplishment.

I also have to agree with College golfer i didnt see anyone with the same name finish 3rd or 14th at orange bowl and callaway...but lets put that one to rest already!

Dan"goose" (cool)

Thanks Goose.

I'd say qualifing for the State Tournament individually when I was a senior in high school. I had to have a differential 2.0 or under to get in, and I had to shoot 37 or better in the last match of the season. I stood on the 9th green with a 6 footer for birdie and the 37. I stepped up and drained it right in the middle. I've never had such a great feeling. That may not seem like much to most of you, but I'm pretty damn proud of it.

[b]Golfer | Clubfitter | Kayaker | Photographer[/b]