[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway "O" Works #7[/font]

Comments

• OrangeBlood OrangeBlood Members Posts: 620
    Soft meaning the cover or the core?
  • liveagualiveagua Members Posts: 1,240
    Maxfli Noodle, Bridgestone e series, Nike One Platinum

There are a lot of balls that are like this
    Cobra Fly-Z (White/9 degree setting) w/Aldila Phenom NL 60 TX Tipped .75 inches @44.75"
    Taylormade M2 3HL w/Graphite Designs AD-Di 7x tipped 1.75 inches @42.25"
    Taylormade M1 #3 Hybrid w/Project X Black 6.5 tipped .75 inches @41"
    Taylormade PSi 4-PW w/Aerotech Steelfiber i110 stiff 1/2" over standard
    Renegar RxF 50/54/58 w/Nippon WV 115 1/2" over standard
    Scotty Cameron M2 @35 inches with Blue/White Paintfill and a Sunny and 72 cover
  • oregongolforegongolf Lefty Boomers Posts: 8,566 ✭✭
    Obviously the old NOP and the Pro V1.
  • mat562mat562 My ex had an irrational phobia of salad cream. Honestly. Members Posts: 10,947 ClubWRX
    Unless you've got a secret stash of balatas, the One Platinum is about the best bet.
  • TheLamaTheLama Members Posts: 211
    This years Nike One Platinum. IMO, The best feeling ball since the first year the NOP came out. There are lots of balls out now that are soft with spin, but I really like this years platinum. ALOT.

Brian
    TheLama wrote on Apr 25 2008, 05:05 PM:
    This years Nike One Platinum. IMO, The best feeling ball since the first year the NOP came out. There are lots of balls out now that are soft with spin, but I really like this years platinum. ALOT.

Brian

Really?

I like both a lot, but the old one was almost too spinny from 80 yards and in. Great when you needed it, but it wasn't great when the wind picked up.
  • TheLamaTheLama Members Posts: 211
    For me, this years Platinum was a little shorter than the TP balls into the wind, but they spin so much (not excessive like last years HX Tour 56s) and are so soft off the putter, I'll give up a little bit of distance off the driver to have the control and feel on and around the greens that I get from the NOP.

But then again, the TPs are by far the best into the wind ball I ever hit, so comparing any ball into the wind to the TP really isn't fair, but it definitely is not a huge chunk of noticeable distance like hitting the Tour 56s in the wind.

Brian
    TheLama wrote on Apr 25 2008, 05:36 PM:
    For me, this years Platinum was a little shorter than the TP balls into the wind, but they spin so much (not excessive like last years HX Tour 56s) and are so soft off the putter, I'll give up a little bit of distance off the driver to have the control and feel on and around the greens that I get from the NOP.

But then again, the TPs are by far the best into the wind ball I ever hit, so comparing any ball into the wind to the TP really isn't fair, but it definitely is not a huge chunk of noticeable distance like hitting the Tour 56s in the wind.

Brian

I see. There's a couple courses I play where having enough spin to hold the greens is the difference between losing a couple shots. That's about the only time I play them.