Soft Golf Ball w/Green Side Spin?

Sean2 ·  
Sean2Sean2  32085WRX Points: 1,874Members Posts: 32,085 Titanium Tees
Does anyone know if such a ball exists?

Thank you.
Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

Comments

• OrangeBlood OrangeBlood  620WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 620
    Soft meaning the cover or the core?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • liveagualiveagua  1276WRX Points: 80Members Posts: 1,276 Platinum Tees
    Maxfli Noodle, Bridgestone e series, Nike One Platinum

There are a lot of balls that are like this
    Posted:
    Titleist TS2 8.5 w/Accra TZ6
    On -, @45.25 inches

Taylormade M6 Rocket w/Accra TZ6
    On -, @42.75 inches

4-PW Titleist T200 w/Aerotech Steelfiber Black Label i110 stiff
    On -, @3/4" over standard

Titleist T200 GW w/Aerotech Steelfiber Black Label i110 [email protected]/4" over standard
    Titleist Vokey Raw 50/54/58 w/Aerotech Steelfiber Black Label i110 stiff
    On -, @3/4" over standard

Directed Force Lab Blad.1 w/Stability Tour Shaft
  • oregongolforegongolf  8600WRX Points: 184Lefty Boomers Posts: 8,600 Titanium Tees
    Obviously the old NOP and the Pro V1.
    Posted:
  • mat562mat562 My ex had an irrational phobia of salad cream. Honestly.  10965WRX Points: 191Members Posts: 10,965 Titanium Tees
    Unless you've got a secret stash of balatas, the One Platinum is about the best bet.
    Posted:
  • TheLamaTheLama  211WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 211
    This years Nike One Platinum. IMO, The best feeling ball since the first year the NOP came out. There are lots of balls out now that are soft with spin, but I really like this years platinum. ALOT.

Brian
    Posted:
  • oregongolforegongolf  8600WRX Points: 184Lefty Boomers Posts: 8,600 Titanium Tees
    TheLama wrote on Apr 25 2008, 05:05 PM:
    This years Nike One Platinum. IMO, The best feeling ball since the first year the NOP came out. There are lots of balls out now that are soft with spin, but I really like this years platinum. ALOT.

Brian

Really?

I like both a lot, but the old one was almost too spinny from 80 yards and in. Great when you needed it, but it wasn't great when the wind picked up.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • TheLamaTheLama  211WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 211
    For me, this years Platinum was a little shorter than the TP balls into the wind, but they spin so much (not excessive like last years HX Tour 56s) and are so soft off the putter, I'll give up a little bit of distance off the driver to have the control and feel on and around the greens that I get from the NOP.

But then again, the TPs are by far the best into the wind ball I ever hit, so comparing any ball into the wind to the TP really isn't fair, but it definitely is not a huge chunk of noticeable distance like hitting the Tour 56s in the wind.

Brian
    Posted:
    TheLama wrote on Apr 25 2008, 05:36 PM:
    For me, this years Platinum was a little shorter than the TP balls into the wind, but they spin so much (not excessive like last years HX Tour 56s) and are so soft off the putter, I'll give up a little bit of distance off the driver to have the control and feel on and around the greens that I get from the NOP.

But then again, the TPs are by far the best into the wind ball I ever hit, so comparing any ball into the wind to the TP really isn't fair, but it definitely is not a huge chunk of noticeable distance like hitting the Tour 56s in the wind.

Brian

I see. There's a couple courses I play where having enough spin to hold the greens is the difference between losing a couple shots. That's about the only time I play them.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.