Are these Miura's Real?

Hey All,

I'm looking at picking these up off a local seller. Haven't gone to see them in person yet. Price is reasonably good and apparently they only have one season of use on them.

Just wondering if anyone sees any red flags that they might be fake; as far as I can tell there are none, but I'm far from a Miura expert.

TIA!

Comments

• gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,451 ✭✭
    look as real as anything i've seen made by miura...? why don't you believe they're real??

Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set N/S) / Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.25"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set +1/D) / DF 70TX tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash / 5 (set N/S) / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    785 / 3-PW / PX 7.0
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

• A.G. Pennypacker A.G. Pennypacker Members Posts: 483 ✭✭
    I have no reason to believe they aren't real, I'm just exercising a bit of extra caution since I'm not buying off ebay or something where I have recourse to dispute a bad deal. Only takes a second to post a thread and ask a bunch of people more knowledgeable than myself image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Thanks for the quick response!
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,121 ✭✭
    TC shafts? Very rare.
  • eaglestan66eaglestan66 Members Posts: 513 ✭✭
    They look legit
    Wilson Cortex 10.5 Atmos TS Blue S
    Aeroburner TP Mini 14° Matrix 70 Proto S
    Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow 85 S
    Titleist 818 H1 21 ACCRA 85 S
    Miura CB57 4-Pw Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120S
    Miura 52 & 58 Black Series KBS 120S KM-350 putter
  • TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,667 ✭✭
    edited Mar 16, 2018 #6
    I doubt someone is going through the work to make counterfeit CB-501 Irons..... Are they selling them dirt cheap? Check 2nd Swing Golf. They are selling Miura Irons

dirt cheap. They claim they purchased the inventory from the Canadian distribution center when Miura distribution rights were sold.

I actually went and hit these at the Wilmington store and if they didn't have the KBS shafts I may have bought them.

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-801062391-mint-miura-passing-point-pp-9003-iron-set-4-pw-gw-fst-kbs-tour-steel-regular-right-handed-3825-in.aspx
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • KCCOKCCO Members Posts: 1,870 ✭✭
    edited Mar 16, 2018 #7
    Look legit, and that is true about 2nd swing having a solid inventory barely touched Miura irons at very fair prices, may still have some
    Titleist 917 D3 Tour Spec Speeder
    Titleist 917 F2 Tensei Orange
    Titleist 818 H2 Tensei White
    Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
    PXG Darkness 52/58 MCI-100 black
    009 ProV1

• 95124hacker95124hacker Rare putter collection Members Posts: 1,300 ✭✭
    The "GENUINE" stamp on the hosel is a good indicator.

I bought & returned a set of Miura Tournament Retro Blades last year I found at PGASS because some of the heads were missing the stamp.

The store manager called their Miura distributor but they could not explain the discrepancy so I returned them for a full refund within a week.

‘17 M2 “K serial” 10.5* turned down a notch, Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 63S
    '16 M1 3HL (17*), Fujikura Pro 70S
    King F7 2-3 (19*), Fujikura Pro 75h, S
    Epon AF-901 22*, Roddio Pentacross I-8, S
    '11 OnOff Forged 5-PW, Roddio Pentacross I-10, S
    Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG 52* & 58*
    Odyssey WHP CSM 400g
    Ball: Performing validation testing of the M G S test
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99) Foxboro, MAMembers Posts: 2,406 ✭✭
    Look legit.

I'd be swapping the shaft though. Tour Concept fit next to nobody.
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

W. I. T. B.

Callaway Epic Flash 9.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4+ 16.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway X-Forged UT 27.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Callaway X-Forged UT 30.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 CB-57 7-8 Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 Baby Blade 9-P Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 52.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 58.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 KM-007 Soft Black Apollo APPN 36 Black Smoke S
    Callaway 2018 Chrome Soft X
  • Rapatt95Rapatt95 wow Members Posts: 569 ✭✭
    I mean they do say genuine
    Titleist 909d3 Diamana Blue 60s
    Adams Tight Lies Tour 18* 5w Aldila Tour Blue ATX75tx
    Titleist 913h 19* Diamana Blue 82h s+ 
    Ben Hogan PTx 22*-34* C-Taper Lite 115x (Thank you GolfWRX and Ben Hogan!)
    Ben Hogan Ft Worth 15 37*-45* C-Taper Lite 115x
    Ping Glide Forged 50* DG TI S400 (Thank you GolfWRX and Ping!)
    TM TP ATV 54* KBS Tour-V Wedge
    Vokey SM5 58* DG Wedge
    Ping 1959 B60
  • autronicdsmautronicdsm Members Posts: 745 ✭✭
    So stamping GENUINE on the hosel, makes them genuine?
    edited Mar 17, 2018 #12

The OP never posted what the person was selling them for or any other details like, Where did they originally come from, Who built them. Questions I would ask if I was buying used or new clubs.

There is NO instance that I am aware of ( take that for whatever you want ) of anyone counterfeiting MIURA Irons.

Last time.... 2nd Swing is selling "Like New " Miura Irons 50% off So these better be under 400-500 bucks and the shaft better work for you or I would pass.
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • A.G. Pennypacker A.G. Pennypacker Members Posts: 483 ✭✭
    edited Mar 17, 2018 #13
    Tzoid wrote:

The OP never posted what the person was selling them for or any other details like, Where did they originally come from, Who built them. Questions I would ask if I was buying used or new clubs.

There is NO instance that I am aware of ( take that for whatever you want ) of anyone counterfeiting MIURA Irons.

Last time.... 2nd Swing is selling "Like New " Miura Irons 50% off So these better be under 400-500 bucks and the shaft better work for you or I would pass.

I hope you're not serious. You think these are all real? (edit: don't mean to come across like a dck, just thought it was common knowledge people can get literally anything fake from China haha)

https://www.aliexpre...iewCP=y&catId=0

The person in my case was selling them for $600cdn. He also said he bought them new 2 years ago, but couldn't remember if the shafts were X or S (an indicator he wasn't the one who got them built, thus would have no proof of purchase). Was also selling with two callaway wedges and an SLDR430 and was unwilling to split the stuff up, so I didn't go for it. I'd rather spend more money and deal with someone I can trust, and not have to worry about getting rid of 3 extra clubs I don't like or want haha.

Thanks to those of you that provided useful info! I'll be sure to come post here again if there's stuff I have more questions on.
  • TherealpatgilesTherealpatgiles Members Posts: 323 ✭✭
    Tzoid wrote:

There are hundreds of miura irons on dhgate right now. They are very fake, unless a set of miura heads is only 380 bucks.
    Taylormade m5 9 ad gp 7x
    Epon af901 19 modus 120
    Nike vapor pro combo 3 iron
    Epon af 503 4-w modus 120s
    Epon tour 50 55 60 modus w
    Epon i33 rose gold putter
    edited Mar 19, 2018 #15

Tzoid wrote:

I hope you're not serious. You think these are all real? (edit: don't mean to come across like a dck, just thought it was common knowledge people can get literally anything fake from China haha)

https://www.aliexpre...iewCP=y&catId=0

The person in my case was selling them for $600cdn. He also said he bought them new 2 years ago, but couldn't remember if the shafts were X or S (an indicator he wasn't the one who got them built, thus would have no proof of purchase). Was also selling with two callaway wedges and an SLDR430 and was unwilling to split the stuff up, so I didn't go for it. I'd rather spend more money and deal with someone I can trust, and not have to worry about getting rid of 3 extra clubs I don't like or want haha.

Thanks to those of you that provided useful info! I'll be sure to come post here again if there's stuff I have more questions on.

Well yes.... If you;re that dumb and can't tell these are fake you deserve to be ripped off. The 2nd swing clubs are Genuine Miura. I actually went to the Wilmington store and hit the PP9903.

Sorry for providing you with useless information on where to buy genuine Miura irons for less than 1/2 price.
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • dunndunn Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭
    edited Mar 24, 2018 #16

Look legit.

I'd be swapping the shaft though. Tour Concept fit next to nobody.
    I play tour concept shaft, it's just a touch softer than std S300......have no issues with it, and swapped out modus for em.....their flighted and I may see touch more height on longer clubs
  • ThayneilThayneil Members Posts: 532 ✭✭

The "GENUINE" stamp on the hosel is a good indicator.

I bought & returned a set of Miura Tournament Retro Blades last year I found at PGASS because some of the heads were missing the stamp.

The store manager called their Miura distributor but they could not explain the discrepancy so I returned them for a full refund within a week.

I have seen fake 501s on aliexpress

if they can fake the head they certainly can fake a stamp
  • eaglestan66eaglestan66 Members Posts: 513 ✭✭
    I've seen a few counterfeit Miura 501s on eBay
    Wilson Cortex 10.5 Atmos TS Blue S
    Aeroburner TP Mini 14° Matrix 70 Proto S
    Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow 85 S
    Titleist 818 H1 21 ACCRA 85 S
    Miura CB57 4-Pw Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120S
    Miura 52 & 58 Black Series KBS 120S KM-350 putter
  • ThayneilThayneil Members Posts: 532 ✭✭
    Tzoid wrote:

plenty fake Miura 501 s on ali express

some companies take the original heads and use them as master models.often changing from Forged originals to cast copies

seen a set of Epons that were cast,and were accurate for weights,loft lies etc.Apart from the fact they were obviously cast and polished looked 100%
  • oxtailoxtail <~~{•+•}~~€ Members Posts: 160
    Lots of fake Miuras on eBay as well. I’ve seen sellers just reposting their Ali express photos, and starting the bidding at $1. Unfortunately, people took the bait.
    Tourstage X-Drive 905
    Callaway DOT 3W
    Macgregor PT1 2-9 || Hogan Saber 2-9
    Wilson Staff Tour Blade JP PW
    Taylormade RAC SW
    Nike Engage DS LW
    Macgregor Iron Master 3852S

TT PX & BG shafts