Matte Softfli's

Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,217 ✭✭
I see the Matte Soft Fli's are on the sale already



https://www.golfgalaxy.com/p/maxfli-softfli-matte-golf-balls-green-12-pack-17maxm2018mxsftflgblb/17maxm2018mxsftflgblb



They look really good. Do they have any feel to it or are they just marshmallows like the prior gen?

Comments

  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers Posts: 3,943 ✭✭
    At 35 compression my guess is the same feel as the Supersoft or Duo.

    We’re taling Downy Soft

    Driver: PXG Gen 2 0811 XF 14*
    FW: Ping G400 SFT 5w
    Hybrids: Exotics XRail 23*/26*
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne H


  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,217 ✭✭
    erock9174 wrote:


    At 35 compression my guess is the same feel as the Supersoft or Duo.

    We're taling Downy Soft




    Lol, when the soft ball craze hit, I thought the soft fli was ok. But, now realize I like a mid-soft ball, like the gamersoft. But, the Softfli's matte colors look awesome -even the white ones.
  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers Posts: 3,943 ✭✭
    Tanner25 wrote:

    erock9174 wrote:


    At 35 compression my guess is the same feel as the Supersoft or Duo.

    We're taling Downy Soft




    Lol, when the soft ball craze hit, I thought the soft fli was ok. But, now realize I like a mid-soft ball, like the gamersoft. But, the Softfli's matte colors look awesome -even the white ones.




    The Superhot Bold might work for you.

    It’s not as marshmallow soft as the Supersoft or duo. But not as hard as the Vivid

    Driver: PXG Gen 2 0811 XF 14*
    FW: Ping G400 SFT 5w
    Hybrids: Exotics XRail 23*/26*
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne H


  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,217 ✭✭
    erock9174 wrote:

    Tanner25 wrote:

    erock9174 wrote:


    At 35 compression my guess is the same feel as the Supersoft or Duo.

    We're taling Downy Soft




    Lol, when the soft ball craze hit, I thought the soft fli was ok. But, now realize I like a mid-soft ball, like the gamersoft. But, the Softfli's matte colors look awesome -even the white ones.




    The Superhot Bold might work for you.

    It's not as marshmallow soft as the Supersoft or duo. But not as hard as the Vivid




    Good to know, erock9174, thx
  • GhostwedgeGhostwedge Members Posts: 653 ✭✭
    I recently found a couple matte Red softfli's in the rough. Put one in play for 9 holes, nice ball, but a bit to soft for me.

    Really like the matte finish, easy to spot against dormant grass.
  • xkilgorextroutxxkilgorextroutx Members Posts: 243
    My son has a dozen of the matte red. Haven't gotten them on the course yet (thanks, snow) but he loves the feel chipping and putting around the house.
  • NoTalentLeftyNoTalentLefty Members Posts: 3,456 ✭✭
    You can buy them at Dick’s three dozen box for 30 dollars. Until 4/14
    Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

    Driver Titleist 913 D3 44 inches also a Cleveland Classic 310 43.5 inches
    3 and 5 Wood Ping G15
    3-5 Hybrids Cobra Baffler XL
    6-GW Titleist AP1s
    53 degree Wedge Titleist AP1
    58 degree SW Vokey SM6
    Putter White Hot V LINE Fang w/round Edel Grip
  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers Posts: 3,943 ✭✭
    I bought the 3/$30



    What I found is these seem similar to the Duo matte. Very low flight off the driver and lost distance (low ball hitter that needs launch).



    Also their matte cover seems very slick compared to higher $$ matte balls like the Superhot Bold and Project (s) which have that silicon rubber cell phone case feel to the cover.

    Driver: PXG Gen 2 0811 XF 14*
    FW: Ping G400 SFT 5w
    Hybrids: Exotics XRail 23*/26*
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne H


  • MarengoMarengo Members Posts: 885 ✭✭
    I bought a box of green and orange. I like the look of them so far. Havent gotten on the course with the matte ones just yet but was always switching back and forth between these and the supersofts. I havent seen red ones yet though. If they are anything like the Volvik color, they will burn your retinas out just by looking at them. I want to get a box of the blue ones for my 3 year old son because it is his favorite color. Not sure why blue is becoming an option with more brands (supersoft, softfli, gamer soft). You hit them and lose them as soon as they rise above the horizon.



    Its so bad with all the sales going on right now. Picked up 3 boxes of softfli's and 4 boxes of the K-Sig 3 piece. Yet I am still online looking for more deals. Project S is in my shopping cart ready to be purchased.
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,217 ✭✭
    Marengo wrote:


    I bought a box of green and orange. I like the look of them so far. Havent gotten on the course with the matte ones just yet but was always switching back and forth between these and the supersofts. I havent seen red ones yet though. If they are anything like the Volvik color, they will burn your retinas out just by looking at them. I want to get a box of the blue ones for my 3 year old son because it is his favorite color. Not sure why blue is becoming an option with more brands (supersoft, softfli, gamer soft). You hit them and lose them as soon as they rise above the horizon.



    Its so bad with all the sales going on right now. Picked up 3 boxes of softfli's and 4 boxes of the K-Sig 3 piece. Yet I am still online looking for more deals. Project S is in my shopping cart ready to be purchased.






    lol, it's a sickness. But, there's been a ton of new balls out there lately. I guess balls are affordable and it is fun to try them out. .
  • MarengoMarengo Members Posts: 885 ✭✭
    Tanner25 wrote:

    Marengo wrote:


    I bought a box of green and orange. I like the look of them so far. Havent gotten on the course with the matte ones just yet but was always switching back and forth between these and the supersofts. I havent seen red ones yet though. If they are anything like the Volvik color, they will burn your retinas out just by looking at them. I want to get a box of the blue ones for my 3 year old son because it is his favorite color. Not sure why blue is becoming an option with more brands (supersoft, softfli, gamer soft). You hit them and lose them as soon as they rise above the horizon.



    Its so bad with all the sales going on right now. Picked up 3 boxes of softfli's and 4 boxes of the K-Sig 3 piece. Yet I am still online looking for more deals. Project S is in my shopping cart ready to be purchased.






    lol, it's a sickness. But, there's been a ton of new balls out there lately. I guess balls are affordable and it is fun to try them out. .




    Tell me about it. At least buying new balls is cheaper than buying new clubs.
  • me05501me05501 Members Posts: 412
    I'm a new fan of the Softfli ball. I don't have the swing speed for higher compression balls. I find the Softfli to be great in the short game as well. I haven't found a downside in this ball's performance.



    I am not a fan of the matte finish, though. They show all kinds of dirt right away. The only advantage I've found is that it's a little easier to identify which ball is yours while playing in a foursome. Normally you'll be the only person playing a matte white ball.
  • Cal54Cal54 Members Posts: 75 ✭✭
    me05501 wrote:


    I'm a new fan of the Softfli ball. I don't have the swing speed for higher compression balls. I find the Softfli to be great in the short game as well. I haven't found a downside in this ball's performance.



    I am not a fan of the matte finish, though. They show all kinds of dirt right away. The only advantage I've found is that it's a little easier to identify which ball is yours while playing in a foursome. Normally you'll be the only person playing a matte white ball.

    I have been playing these for a couple of months and hate the flat white ball as they are hard to see. The brighter ones are better but I will be going back to the regular balls once these are gone. Much easier to see and perform the same.I really like the way they play as they are long and I can get them to drop and stop in about 2 feet. Greet ball for the money.
  • NoTalentLeftyNoTalentLefty Members Posts: 3,456 ✭✭
    The blue matte will freak you out. It disappears on the downward path. Then you walk into about 20 yards of where it landed and it looks like a neon sign saying ‘Here I am’.
    Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

    Driver Titleist 913 D3 44 inches also a Cleveland Classic 310 43.5 inches
    3 and 5 Wood Ping G15
    3-5 Hybrids Cobra Baffler XL
    6-GW Titleist AP1s
    53 degree Wedge Titleist AP1
    58 degree SW Vokey SM6
    Putter White Hot V LINE Fang w/round Edel Grip
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,217 ✭✭


    The blue matte will freak you out. It disappears on the downward path. Then you walk into about 20 yards of where it landed and it looks like a neon sign saying ‘Here I am’.




    I hope the blue matte was better than the Gamersoft's blue. That was a total joke.
Sign In or Register to comment.