Rangefinder under $200

jrsharp21jrsharp21 Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭
Looking at possibly picking up a rangefinder. I only play once or twice a month, so definitely don't want or need one of the more expensive models. Looking for something under $200. I have been checking out the MG Golf MG600S or the TecTecTec VPRO500. Any feedback on these models? Looks like some of the posts I found were last year. Looking to see if there is any recent feedback on the models.

Also, any other models to take a look at?

Comments

• Jeremy0510Jeremy0510 Members Posts: 158 ✭✭
    Check out precision pro nx7. There’s a thread on them here that you’ll find useful. Def can’t go wrong with them. Great product and great customer service.
  • mjfornmjforn Posts: 209 ✭✭
    I picked up one from TGW.com, seems to work well. Come's with either slope or noslope chip. It was 159.99 over the week end, it's back up to 199.99.

https://www.tgw.com/tgw-phoenix-slope-rangefinder?CP=3ACROSSL2:Phoenix

image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
    Matt

Callaway GBB Epic 9*

Callaway Rogue Graphite R-Flex 4-AW

Cleveland CBX 52*, 56*, 60*

Odyssey Works SS #1 Putter

Ammo:
    K 3s
    Titleist Tour Soft
    Titliest NXT s
    K Sigs (in the shag bag)

• Frankensteins MonsterFrankensteins Monster Members Posts: 6,674 ✭✭
    I bought the TecTecTec VPRODLX, because it's waterproof. Happy with it. It hits everything it's supposed to so long as you make sure you don't have it on the wrong mode! I was using and all of the sudden, for a week, the numbers wouldn't lock on. I was dead set on returning it until I realized someone I let borrow it hit the mode change button. All gravy after that.
  • jrsharp21jrsharp21 Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭
    I ended up ordering the MG Golf rangefinder. I need it to be here before Monday and they are only 4 hours north of me. Read some good things on it and MG has always stood buy their product. I also ordered through Amazon with a gift card, so got that extra layer of protection.
  • redrover69redrover69 Members Posts: 63
    Keep us posted!
  • GolfNuts4GolfNuts4 Posts: 711 ✭✭
    jrsharp21 wrote:

I ended up ordering the MG Golf rangefinder. I need it to be here before Monday and they are only 4 hours north of me. Read some good things on it and MG has always stood buy their product. I also ordered through Amazon with a gift card, so got that extra layer of protection.
    Been using the MG Rangefinder for 6 months, works perfect.
    Callaway Rogue 10.5* Driver
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
    Callaway Big Bertha (2004) 5 wood
    Ping G30 4 Hybrid
    Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Irons 5-GW
    Titleist Vokey Wedges 56/60
    Scotty Cameron Monterey
  • oldmotoroldmotor Posts: 84 ✭✭
    I know you just bought one. But I thought I would just share. I just bought the Precision Pro NX7 and used it for the first time today. Bought it from the PGA Superstore for $149.99 and it works great.
  • @_the_crook@_the_crook Members Posts: 609 ✭✭
    received the TekTek as a gift, and brought it out last weekend. appears to be accurate. used it for ranges of 150 and closer.

seemed to function smoothly by holding down the power button for a few moments while either viewing directly at the target, or on a few cluttered pin areas, gently sweeping the flag.

the mode button changes from us to metric.

the carry case that came in the package is a good hardside, though the device fit pretty good in my back pocket and no one heard that zipper noise or flap snap when I used it.
    currently playing:
    Steelhead III , FT-5 - D
    Warbirds, 3+, 4
    Hogan BH-5, 3-PW
    Wilson DynaPowered SW
    Ping Anser
    it works

when I need a change, there are 12 bags full to choose from .
  • Frankensteins MonsterFrankensteins Monster Members Posts: 6,674 ✭✭

received the TekTek as a gift, and brought it out last weekend. appears to be accurate. used it for ranges of 150 and closer.

seemed to function smoothly by holding down the power button for a few moments while either viewing directly at the target, or on a few cluttered pin areas, gently sweeping the flag.

the mode button changes from us to metric.

the carry case that came in the package is a good hardside, though the device fit pretty good in my back pocket and no one heard that zipper noise or flap snap when I used it.

Be careful with the case and rain. It really absorbs water. If it's a steady rain, put it in a pocket inside the bag.
  • dasamsdasams Posts: 241 ✭✭
    jrsharp21 wrote:

Looking at possibly picking up a rangefinder. Looking for something under $200. I have been checking out the MG Golf MG600S or the TecTecTec VPRO500. Any feedback on these models?

I bought the $149 tectectec from Amazon. I wanted a simple, no frills, works every time rangefinder and the tectectec delivers.
  • abovetherimcdabovetherimcd Members Posts: 131 ✭✭
    I have the tectec as well and have had 0 problems
    Callaway Epic 10.5 Pro Blue Axis Tipped .5 65G Stiff
    Srixon Z F45 13 Kuro Kage 60g Stiff
    Adams Super S 3H Matrix Kujoh Stiff
    Adams Super S 4H Matric Kujoh Stiff
    Srixon Z745 5-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Vokey Sm7 52F
    Taylomade Hi-Toe 58 bent to 56
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 60
    Scottie Cameron Newport Custom
    Bag - Sun Mountain C130 Stand
    Ball - Ksig 4 Piece
  • jrsharp21jrsharp21 Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭
    Just checking in to update on the MG Golf rangefinder. Absolutely love it. Super easy to use. My buddy had a Bushnell and we compare distances for a couple of holes and we were pretty much the same each time. Also, it seems to lock onto targets really quick. I haven't had a problem with it locking onto other objects and giving a false reading. I am very pleased with the purchase so far.
  • Jakob 91Jakob 91 Members Posts: 61
    Another suggestion: Breaking 80. I bought a refurbished IS400 on eBay for 65 Euros. It works perfectly, looks nice and is easy to handle. No slope, vibration or other bells and whistles. Has a flag lock mode though which just works.

Can’t beat that deal. Very happy user here.
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]WITB 2019
    Mizuno JPX 900 3 Wood (14°)[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 2i (16°)
    Nike Vapor Fly 3&4 Hybrid (20/23°)
    [/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Mizuno MP-33 Irons (4-PW)
    Mizuno S5 Wedges (56/60°)
    Mizuno T-105 putter
    Mizuno JPX 2016 ball
    The Grint/18 Birdies apps for scorekeeping
    [/font]
  • hlcahlca Members Posts: 485 ✭✭
    I bought the Leupold GX-2i2 on eBay for $169 a while ago. Leupold has the best customer service. Some black mark appeared inside of the optics a few months later, and they upgraded me to the GX-4i2 for free. Much better build quality and performance. So I got a $450 rangefinder for $169 the hard way.

You could look on eBay and buy a used one, knowing that if something happened to it, they would likely replace it with a new one.
    Callaway X2 Hot driver 10.5* w/ Proforce V2 stiff shaft
    TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 3W 15* w/ stock shaft
    TaylorMade Jetspeed 3H 19* w/ stock shaft
    Callaway X2 Hot 5-AW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 stiff shaft
    Callaway MD4 S-Grind 54* 58* w/ stock shaft
    Nike Method MOD 60 putter