2017 Monday at the Masters *Pic Heavy*

2»

Comments

• lenny171lenny171 Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Awesome post! the Elevation changes are insane!
    Cobra King Pro LTD
    Cobra King Utility 2/3 Iron
    Nike Vapor 2HY 17 degree
    Cobra Forged Tec 5-AW KBS tour
    Nike Engage 54,58
    Nike Origin B1-01
  • The Mad BomberThe Mad Bomber I seem to not like new things. Get off my lawn... Posts: 1,036 ✭✭
    Instantly my favourite post on WRX. Well done!
    915 D3 7.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    909F2 15.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    T-MB 2 iron C-Taper
    Mizzy MP-5 4-9 C-Taper
    SM6 47º, 52º, 56º C-Taper
    Mizzy S18 60-06º Blue Ion
    Scotty Newport 2, 35" Tour Issue X7, Hard stepped x2, Tipped 2"

WITB link
  • conorgolf22conorgolf22 Posts: 580 ClubWRX
    Great pics!! I shouldn't have stopped here.....made me even more disappointed that my tickets for this year fell through
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: Callaway Rogue 13.5* Aldila Rogue Elite Blue[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Fairway: Ping G400 17* Aldila 2KXV Orange[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21* Aldila Tour Green[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driving Iron: PXG 0311X 4 iron Steelfiber i95[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Irons: Mizuno 919 Forged 5-PW Steelfiber i95[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Wedges: Vokey SM6 52* New Level M-Type 58* and 62*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: Scotty Cameron X7M[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Titleist ProV1X[/font]
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 11,602 ✭✭
    It is true that the elevation changes are incredible

I can tell you my favorite spot to sit on the Monday I was there was just to the right of the bunker right of #15 green.

Got to watch all the greats hit into the green from the top of the hill and then putt and chip. The amazing thing was guys hitting into the right side of the green while guys were putting on the left side

Had lots of guys 10 feet away from us in the trap. I remember Crenshaw and Seve the most. We told Ben how great his win was the year before and he took of his hat turned around and thanked us so politely. A true gent with quite a drawl.

Seve was poetry from the sand. So amazing to watch from so close. And man ... what a presence !!!!!!
    Ping G400 LST 11* Mitsu TI BB Matte 53x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* Mitsu Blueboard 63x
    Ping G400 5w 17* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Callaway V-series Hwood Fuji TS 8.2s
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fujikura 904HBs
    Ping Rapture 5-PW Aldila NV MLTi Pro105x
    Ping iWedge 50* Aldila NV 105x
    Ping Glide SS 53* & ES 59* Wrx SF125s
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • vernonvernon Hi! I'm Holly! Members Posts: 1,183 ✭✭
    I believe my years of "rejection" in the lottery are now around 13 or 14.

****, at this rate I'll be dead long before they throw this old dog a bone!

I'm becoming like Morgan Freeman going before the parole board in Shawshank Redemption.

"To tell you the truth sonny, I don't really give a ****."

Well, not really but you get the point.

Absolutely love the OP's posts and photos and greatly appreciate all of the time and effort that went in to sharing it with all us deadbeats!
  • moegolfer11moegolfer11 steal your face right off your head Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭
    On the day that I earn my Patron badge (if it ever comes!) I will cry, no doubt about it.
    Taylormade M2 10.5° Graphite Design AD-BB 7x
    Titleist 913 FD 15° Diamana 'Ahina 70x
    Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron Accra 110i
    Titleist 716 MB 4-PW Project X 6.0
    Vokey Jet Black SM7 52° 56° 60° S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx
    Scotty Cameron Newport Teryllium Sole Stamp
  • pcs11pcs11 Members Posts: 1,151 ✭✭
    Wow the TV does not do those elevation changes justice! Awesome pictures.
    Honma 727 430 10.5° - UST Elements Chrome 65
    Callaway XHot 3Deep 14.5 ° - KuroKage Tini Proto 70
    Callaway X2Hot Pro 19° - Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75
    Mizuno MP 18 FliHi (3-4) - Accra i100
    Mizuno MP 54 (5-9) - Accra i100
    Vokey 46° 52° 58° - KBS Tour 115
    Bettinardi BBF1 or Bettinardi Kuch2
  • jonj101jonj101 Members Posts: 30 ✭✭
    .net wrote:

Awesome pics and tips -visiting for the first time Mon and Tues this year.

Are you allowed to bring a SLR camera and or GoPro?

I'm not really sure if you're allowed a go pro, but I did see a few folks with DSLRs. I decided against it because I didn't want to carry it around all day - I wanted a balance of decent pics and being able to appreciate the course, so I just used an old digital point and shoot.

Thanks for the comments everyone. For those of you who haven't had an opportunity, I hope this gave you a feel as if you were actually there. I hope to go back one day.
  • mrh64mrh64 Posts: 129 ✭✭
    Fantastic stuff! Thanks for sharing. We were there Monday as well, got soaked to the bone. Won tickets for Tuesday this year, hoping for better weather. Your photos got me pumped. These last two weeks will be rough
  • krcnokrcno Posts: 299 ✭✭
    Great pics and descriptions! I went on Sunday 2016 and it was the best experience of my life outside of getting married and having my kids! Brings back lots of great memories since I have no pics.....Just what is in my memory bank. Thanks again!!!!!
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tour AD DI Black 60 X
    Ping I25 14* Tour AD DI 83x
    Adams 18* hybrid tour issue Proforce V2 104g X
    Ping s55 4-PW KBS C-taper 125 S+
    Ping Glide Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* KBS C-Taper 125 S+
    2014 Newport 2 Scotty Cameron putter
    2018 Srixon Staff Bag
  • Frankensteins MonsterFrankensteins Monster Members Posts: 6,674 ✭✭
    Was going to complain there was no picture of a pimento cheese sandwich. Then you delivered! Now, I'm hungry.
  • j.b.newtonj.b.newton Posts: 583 ✭✭

On the day that I earn my Patron badge (if it ever comes!) I will cry, no doubt about it.

After 12 years of rejection, I may or may not have had a tear when I got a different email - even if its for Friday only.
  • drake47drake47 Members Posts: 1,397 ✭✭
    Awesome post, thank you for taking the time to put that together.
    Driver - Ping G400 Max - Hzrdus Yellow
    3 Wood - Ping G400 Stretch - Hzrdus Red
    Hybrid - Ping G400 - Fubuki AX
    Irons - 4-PW - Srixon 565/765
    Wedges - Ping Stealth 50, 56, 60
    Putter - Ping Craz E Vault 2.0 (custom arm lock by Ping WRX)
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,568 ClubWRX
    great pics thank you for sharing.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,742 ClubWRX
    I should not have read this, excitement levels for two weeks today were high enough as it was!
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
  • thesloththesloth Members Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Amazing collection of photos. Thank you for taking the time to post this. I'm hoping to go in the next few years, and will be sure to reference your post again in preparation.
  • boothbymboothbym Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
    This was an awesome post! I have tickets for Monday this year and cannot wait after seeing all the awesome pictures!
    Any suggestions on time, traffic, parking, which gate, which merchandise shop, etc... Going for the first time on Friday, and would appreciate the help.
    j.b.newton wrote:

Any suggestions on time, traffic, parking, which gate, which merchandise shop, etc... Going for the first time on Friday, and would appreciate the help.

I put some suggestions in the posts, but they may have gotten lost between all the pics. Here are a few suggestions I have:

Arrive early and take the route from 520, to Wrightsboro Rd, to Highland Ave, which turns into Berckmans Rd and runs alongside of the course and parking.

I would use the back entrance instead of the main entrance - it was not very crowded and there is a shop as soon as you enter. The first thing I would do is buy all your stuff and check it in before walking the course. (Maybe just keep your chairs and umbrella if you buy those) This will hopefully get it out of the way before the crowds and allow you to enjoy the course and tournament freely. People have spent all sorts of money at the shop. They have so many shirts, hats, cups, posters, etc.

I've never been on tournament days, but I know they don't allow cameras on those days - don't chance bringing in your phone. I've heard that every year someone gets caught with a phone and they are banned for good. I don't think its worth chancing it.

A poster on another forum who has worked the Masters for years said that the best viewing was the right side stands on #15. From those stands you can see shots into 15 and on 16.

Enjoy the tournament, good value food, shopping, and all that - but most of all get around and enjoy the course. Between the pristine conditions and the elevation variances, I have never been anywhere like it. I tried my best to capture it in my photos on this thread, but even those don't do the place justice. It is such a remarkable event.
  • PZeroPZero Members Posts: 11,351 ✭✭
    What a great post. It felt like I was there.

Thank you for all the pics!
    R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
    Titleist 913F 15°
    TM R9 19°
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
    Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
    Studio Select Newport
    jonj101 wrote:

j.b.newton wrote:

I put some suggestions in the posts, but they may have gotten lost between all the pics. Here are a few suggestions I have:

Arrive early and take the route from 520, to Wrightsboro Rd, to Highland Ave, which turns into Berckmans Rd and runs alongside of the course and parking.

I would use the back entrance instead of the main entrance - it was not very crowded and there is a shop as soon as you enter. The first thing I would do is buy all your stuff and check it in before walking the course. (Maybe just keep your chairs and umbrella if you buy those) This will hopefully get it out of the way before the crowds and allow you to enjoy the course and tournament freely. People have spent all sorts of money at the shop. They have so many shirts, hats, cups, posters, etc.

I've never been on tournament days, but I know they don't allow cameras on those days - don't chance bringing in your phone. I've heard that every year someone gets caught with a phone and they are banned for good. I don't think its worth chancing it.

A poster on another forum who has worked the Masters for years said that the best viewing was the right side stands on #15. From those stands you can see shots into 15 and on 16.

Enjoy the tournament, good value food, shopping, and all that - but most of all get around and enjoy the course. Between the pristine conditions and the elevation variances, I have never been anywhere like it. I tried my best to capture it in my photos on this thread, but even those don't do the place justice. It is such a remarkable event.

Thank you for the info!!
  • KMDKMD Posts: 562
    Nice post. I was lucky enough to attend on Tuesday last year, which was the lone practice round with perfect weather. It was my first time and one of the best memories was seeing the look on my son's face when he first saw the immaculate grass and then realized that he was looking at the driving range. He could not believe that what he saw was the range and then could not wait to get to the actual course. Everything about Augusta National and the event is perfect. While I wish that it was easier to get tickets, the difficulty in getting them makes it that much better when you see it.
    Ping G30 LST @ 9* / PX HZRDUS Yellow 76
    Callaway 816 Alpha @ 15* / Speeder 757
    Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid / Kuro Kage Black 80
    Titleist 718 (4-6 AP2 / 7-P CB) / PX LZ
    Callaway MD Forged 50* / PX LZ
    Callaway MD PM Grind 56* & 60* / DG S300
    Ping Sigma G Tess
    Titleist Pro V1
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,540 ✭✭
    j.b.newton wrote:

Be there at 6am > go straight to 18 (don't run) > put your chair next to the green (bring a ribbon or some tape to easily find it later on) > go to merchandise shop, buy everything (make a list at home) and leave the bag there to pick it up at the end > have some breakfast > take a pic in front of the clubhouse > ENJOY!!
  • FiveSixAceFiveSixAce Posts: 1,022 ✭✭
    I took some videos on Tuesday:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Should have the rest of my pictures uploaded soon but will not compare to the ones already posted in here! This is the best collection of photos from Augusta I have seen on here!
  • FiveSixAceFiveSixAce Posts: 1,022 ✭✭
    imakaveli wrote:

j.b.newton wrote:

Be there at 6am > go straight to 18 (don't run) > put your chair next to the green (bring a ribbon or some tape to easily find it later on) > go to merchandise shop, buy everything (make a list at home) and leave the bag there to pick it up at the end > have some breakfast > take a pic in front of the clubhouse > ENJOY!!

My only edit to this would be to bring your merchandise out to your car and come back in. I did that on Tuesday and it was a breeze. Walked by an INSANE line of people to pick up their checked merchandise on the way out and really glad I ran it to the car
    FiveSixAce wrote:

I took some videos on Tuesday:

https://www.flickr.c.../[email protected]/

Should have the rest of my pictures uploaded soon but will not compare to the ones already posted in here! This is the best collection of photos from Augusta I have seen on here!

You have a great album as well - plus the addition of videos gives even more perspective to it.

I think it would be nice if we could make this an annual thing for everyone that attends a practice round to post pics and share that experience. From my perspective its the most anticipated tournament of the year, and so many people get rejected through the lottery system.
  • jph4387jph4387 Members Posts: 935 ✭✭
    Great pics and it sums up the place beautifully. As for your comment about the green near Magnolia Lane, that's actually the member's range. The members don't hit balls on the big practice facility, that's only for the tournament. The members use the fields next to Magnolia Lane. When I went on Wednesday this year, we were waiting in line to get a pic at Founder's Circle and Jack walked out, dropped a bag of balls, and started hitting away.
    Jack.jpg 144.1K
    Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Diamana DF 60X
    Titleist TS3 15* w/ Diamana BF 70X
    Titleist 913h 19* w/ Tensei Pro Blue
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged w/ PX 6.0
    Titleist Vokey Raw 50, 54, 60 w/ KBS Tour
    Scotty Cameron Tour Rat
  • Sean2Sean2 #TheWRX (Callaway Trip) Members Posts: 30,826 ✭✭
    Absolutely superb job!

TV does not do the course justice. The pine straw looked absolutely pristine. And, I was surprised at how big the store is.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Steelhead XR 25º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway "O" Works #7[/font]
  • Newbs24Newbs24 Posts: 124 ✭✭
    Just saw this thread and it is going to make these next 4 weeks extremely long in anticipation... Love all the tips and suggestions.
  • BarfolomewBarfolomew #worstWRXer Members Posts: 1,213 ✭✭
    ...pics or it didn't happen
    G30 LS
    M2 BMW
    XR 4 Hybrid
    OnOffOnAgain Kuros
    Cleveland Blob
    Square Strike
    SeeMore Butts
2»