Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

CBD OIL

dennis4190dennis4190 Louisville,KyMembers Posts: 567 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anybody using CBD oil for inflammation? I’m wondering what your results are. I’ve been thinking of trying some to see if it will work for minor back pain.

Comments

• moegolfer11moegolfer11 steal your face right off your head Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭
    Have used it for Crohns flare ups. I found it to be more reliable than say Tums or Motrin. Have some really good/close friends who produce a couple acres with a grant in KY. They farm around your neck of the woods.
    Taylormade M2 10.5° Graphite Design AD-BB 7x
    Titleist 913 FD 15° Diamana 'Ahina 70x
    Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron Accra 110i
    Titleist 716 MB 4-PW Project X 6.0
    Vokey Jet Black SM7 52° 56° 60° S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx
    Scotty Cameron Newport Teryllium Sole Stamp
  • PulledabillPulledabill Members Posts: 373 ✭✭✭✭
    I dont but being in Oregon it is all the rage for many ailments including in dogs. Struggle to keep it on the shelfs at time is my understanding.
  • formulaswissformulaswiss Members Posts: 1

Cannabidiol, also known as CBD, is oil that is extracted from the annual herbaceous flowering plant cannabis. The oil taken from the plant's secretions is used as a food supplement and as a medicine (we retail it as a food supplement). It was discovered in 1940 and the plant has over 400 additional compounds, which have been used throughout the world for millennia.
    How is CBD Oil Used?
    CBD oil is used to support the overall wellbeing of the body and mind. Today, it is used widely as a food supplement that activates receptors that communicate with the different systems of the body. CBD supports your overall feeling of wellbeing throughout the body, but does not give a sensation of “being high”, which is why THC, the other well-known active substance from the Cannabis plant, has been prohibited in most countries and considered a drug. This CBD guide explains further.
    The Endocannabinoid System - What it is and how CBD plays a role
    The Endogenous Cannabinoid System, also known as the ECS system, are cell receptors that communicate with various parts of the body to tell them when to start or to tell the process when to stop such as:
    • The brain
    • Organs
    • Connective Tissues
    • Glands
    • Immuno Cells
    The goal of the ECS is to achieve the overall balance of the body’s systems. The ECS chemical keys are the CB1 and CB2 receptors within the body, which lock and unlock systems of the body. Since cannabinoids play a significant role within the body’s functions, they constitute an important tool to maintain our overall wellbeing.
    CBD is a product that helps to communicate with the body to complete its natural maintenance and regenerative functions. Activating these CB1 & CB2 receptors in your body will give it balance, helping the natural signals of these bodily systems flow.
    CBD is an extract from the cannabis plant used to help support overall wellbeing. CBD products support your complete wellbeing by working with your Endocannabinoid System (ECS). In the 1990s, the first Endocannabinoid System receptors were cloned: CB1 and CB2. CB1 receptors have an effect on the brain, and nervous system and how our bodies feel overall.
    CB2 receptors influence appetite and immune system function. CB2 receptors also control the management of pain throughout the nervous system. It uses 2-AG and binds with enzymes throughout the Endocannabinoid system. The Endocannabinoid system also uses (2-AG) or 2-arachidonoylglycerol to control these body systems.

• MychMych Members Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

My wife has tried it and felt "calmer" and "more relaxed" according to her. I'd like to try it for my knee/back pain, but I want to research it more. I need that gum that Phil and Tiger were chewing at the Master's.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 9.5~ F6 Baffler 16 ~ Baffler 2h ~ Forged Tec One 3i ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Ping Tatum putter
    6 club minimalist: Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Ping Tatum putter ~ Silo Club Carrier
  • MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@dennis4190 said:
    Anybody using CBD oil for inflammation? I’m wondering what your results are. I’ve been thinking of trying some to see if it will work for minor back pain.

There are so many cbd options in Louisville now... it’s amazing. I tried the oral supplement from green remedy as they were walking distance from my office. I think it helped but did not buy a second bottle.

Current Bag (Rebuilding as of 5/6/19)
    Driver: Adams Fast 12 LS with Matrix Black Tie (to be replaced)
    3W: Adams Fast 12 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
    Hybrid: Bridgestone j40 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
    4-9: Taylor Made Oversize (to be replaced)
    PW: Mizuon HMP with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
    50 degree Vokey with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
    56 and 60 degree Cleveland Wedges (to be replaced)
    Odyssey Tank #7 (only club I'm keeping this season)

• PetethreeputPetethreeput Members Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am not 100% on board, but also not sure what I expected either. I have had some back surgeries so over the last few years I have been drinking beer when I golf figuring being fat is better than opioid addicted. Well, life is ever changing and figured overweight wasn’t much of a bargain either.
    Now I am trying gummies with 5G of CBD and 5G THC and I am not 100% sold yet.

• MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Poorly made, deceptively promoted and totally ineffective.

• McCann1McCann1 Tour Player Members Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 27, 2019 8:58pm #9

@MountainGoat said:

Do you have anything go back up your claim?

Enjoy the chase.
  • MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MountainGoat said:

Meh. I need to see if I still have the picture, but the place by my old office rendered hemp for CBD oil... They knew what they were doing and were definitely extracting CBD. (my picture is them carrying a load of hemp from my back area post a break in where idiots stole the hemp thinking it was pot).
    It's definitely deceptively advertised... but so is distance on golf clubs. That doesn't mean a new golf club WON'T add distance... you just need to make sure it adds distance for you.
    Totally ineffective... I disagree. I think there are some benefits, but I'm hoping there is more research done.

Current Bag (Rebuilding as of 5/6/19)
    Driver: Adams Fast 12 LS with Matrix Black Tie (to be replaced)
    3W: Adams Fast 12 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
    Hybrid: Bridgestone j40 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
    4-9: Taylor Made Oversize (to be replaced)
    PW: Mizuon HMP with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
    50 degree Vokey with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
    56 and 60 degree Cleveland Wedges (to be replaced)
    Odyssey Tank #7 (only club I'm keeping this season)

• MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 28, 2019 11:26am #11

@McCann1 said:

@MountainGoat said:

Lab tests repeatedly reveal low to non-existant amounts of cannabidiol. Promotion is largely word of mouth and dependent on a poorly-understood relationship to cannabis (by the public). Reports of effectiveness are anecdotal. Not a single double-blind clinical study has shown effectiveness for anything other than poorly quantified endpoints.

• dennis4190dennis4190 Louisville,KyMembers Posts: 567 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ended up trying some to see if it helped. The first month it seemed to help, maybe mental, but after using it for 2 months I stopped. I'll stick with Advil and Aleve..

• bub72ckbub72ck Members Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 29, 2019 4:40pm #13

@MountainGoat said:

@McCann1 said:

@MountainGoat said:

Lab tests repeatedly reveal low to non-existant amounts of cannabidiol. Promotion is largely word of mouth and dependent on a poorly-understood relationship to cannabis (by the public). Reports of effectiveness are anecdotal. Not a single double-blind clinical study has shown effectiveness for anything other than poorly quantified endpoints.

We have given it to our dog (the one in my profile pic) who has anxiety related to reflections on the ceiling. He is noticeably calmer and more relaxed when on the CBD.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Kuro Kage 70X
    Taylormade Jetspeed TI 16* Speeder 869 X
    Taylormade Rescue 09 TP Aldila XVS9
    Titleist 714 AP2 TT DGX100 4-PW
    Vokey SM5 50*, 54* and 60* TT DGS400
    SIK Pro Custom
  • LambLamb LondonMembers Posts: 342 ✭✭✭✭

I was into this way back around 10 years ago before it became main stream. Waste of money imo. Honestly all does is mask pain due to the THC content. You might as well be using pain killers. CBD does not solve the issue at hand. I'd rather invest in stuff that actually tackle the problem i.e Stem cell, PRP injections etc. CBD is just another money making fad much like Whey protein which is another joke. But i'd leave that for now.

• baddomesbaddomes Members Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bub72ck said:

@MountainGoat said:

@McCann1 said:

@MountainGoat said:

We have given it to our dog (the one in my profile pic) who has anxiety related to reflections on the ceiling. He is noticeably calmer and more relaxed when on the CBD.

Mirrors on the ceiling. Nice.

• McCann1McCann1 Tour Player Members Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Lamb said:
    I was into this way back around 10 years ago before it became main stream. Waste of money imo. Honestly all does is mask pain due to the THC content. You might as well be using pain killers. CBD does not solve the issue at hand. I'd rather invest in stuff that actually tackle the problem i.e Stem cell, PRP injections etc. CBD is just another money making fad much like Whey protein which is another joke. But i'd leave that for now.

What? You’d rather be on painkillers? What kind of logic is that? I got rear ended by a semi last October and badly herniated a disc. I have been on tramadol, Vicodin, methocarbamol, taken cortisone shots, you name it. And I recently stopped taking the painkillers and I wanted to kill myself. I just got out of the hospital on Friday after checking myself in before I did anything I’d regret.

Why would I ever want to take such habit forming, mind altering drugs, IF something is out there that can mask pain and not be addicting?

Enjoy the chase.
  • tocinotocino Members Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@McCann1 said:

@Lamb said:

What? You’d rather be on painkillers? What kind of logic is that? I got rear ended by a semi last October and badly herniated a disc. I have been on tramadol, Vicodin, methocarbamol, taken cortisone shots, you name it. And I recently stopped taking the painkillers and I wanted to kill myself. I just got out of the hospital on Friday after checking myself in before I did anything I’d regret.

Why would I ever want to take such habit forming, mind altering drugs, IF something is out there that can mask pain and not be addicting?

Exactly! If i was ever at a point in my life where i needed to take painkillers to function normally, i'd rather use THC/CBD first before taking any opioids. I have a few old friends who received an Rx from the doctor for codeine or something similar before their lives started to spiral out of control due to heavy addiction

• SilverBulletsSilverBullets BMW Members Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've been experimenting with a CBD salve on my knee which seems to always be sore. I've used it a handful of times over the last 4-5 days. I haven't noticed any real change and certainly no real dramatic change. I'm still skeptical but will continue to try it out for a bit to see if I notice much difference.
    My wife has been trying it as well and she believes it's having a positive impact, albeit, not a cure all change the world type of benefit. We have also used the drops and treats for our dogs (mini schnauzers... so horrible yappers). One of our dogs has some serious anxiety and when we give it to him about 30 minutes prior to a walk, he's noticeably calmer. Less barking, less hair raising on his back, etc. It doesn't cure all of his barking or anything like that, but, his tolerance threshold seems much higher.

Taylormade M6 10.5* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5
    Taylormade '16 M2 15*
    Titleist 816h 21*
    Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
    Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - Scotty Custom Shop
  • stryperstryper Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@McCann1 said:

@Lamb said:

It’s an interesting discussion. If CBD can mask the pain and allow normal function, I’m all on board. OTOH, I’m not so prudish to think that if there was an addicting drug, that didn’t totally mess up everything in life, that I wouldn’t gladly accept the addiction.

(Disclaimer: In no way am I trying to minimize real opioid issues.)

Titleist 917D2, w/UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 7F4T
    Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
    18* KZG U Iron, w/UST Proforce V2 100-S
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-5, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52-08 F
    Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
    T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic
    edited May 7, 2019 3:07am #20

@stryper said:

@McCann1 said:

@Lamb said:

It’s an interesting discussion. If CBD can mask the pain and allow normal function, I’m all on board. OTOH, I’m not so prudish to think that if there was an addicting pain-

killing drug, that didn’t totally mess up everything in life, that I wouldn’t gladly accept the addiction.

(Disclaimer: In no way am I trying to minimize real opioid issues.)

Callaway 58* PM Grind 19

Sorry, tried to edit my post and ended up looking stupid...I’ll be glad when GolfWRX finally gets the bugs worked out.

Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
  • BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 10, 2019 11:18pm #22

@McCann1 said:

@Lamb said:

Yeah. When I destroyed my knee in college they gave me a bottle of Vicodin horse pills with zero warning. They were great. I gobbled them with delight. Then, I went cold turkey not realizing what I was in for. Not good. Got through it with a mixture of stupidity and intestinal fortitude.

Back to topic. I deal with plenty of joint pain now and CBD oil has been somewhat helpful. The most helpful, though, has been ibuprofen. I just don't want to rely on the IB too much, long term.

Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
    Ping G400 5-wood
    Taylormade Spider blade
    Srixon Z Star

Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA

• lawsonmanlawsonman Freeport, IllinoisMembers Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Eliminating sugar helps my joint pain more than CBD oil does.

Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G410 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • Openwater22Openwater22 ClubWRX Posts: 3,073 ClubWRX

@lawsonman said:
    Eliminating sugar helps my joint pain more than CBD oil does.

+1. Sugar is the devil. Avoid it as much as possible, but it's hidden everywhere, and I do enjoy good chocolate.
    Just started using a CBD cream for lumbar discomfort. No better or worse than the Penetrex salve I also use. Neither are a cure all, but both help a little. The Penetrex os about a 1,000% cheaper.

Epic Flash. Tensei CK pro Blue stiff
    M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S
    Ping 19* & 22* hybrid. Stock Alta S
    Epon 505 MCI OTi 110 stiff
    Betti BBZero DASS blacked out.
    Vokey 50* F, Ping 54* SS, Vokey 58* D
  • Ray JacksonRay Jackson Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone using these kind of CBD products as a calming aid during tournament rounds? Anyone purchased from Enveed Golf?

• huckitchuckithuckitchuckit California Members Posts: 85 ✭✭✭

Have not used it for that but I definitely help with my anxiety

• bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I use a CBD tincture (1000mg oil from a 1ml dropper) to help me sleep at night. My back keeps me awake, but the cbd helps me to stay asleep and keeps me from eating soma like candy.

I tried the cbd vape pen cartridges, but they really did nothing for me. Went through 4-5 of them then just quit buying them.

I usually take a 1ml dropper full when I get home from work and another 1 ml dropper full before bed. It’s expensive, but better than 2 somas per day.

• BankerBanker The SwampMembers Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I started using the 3,000mg tincture as a last resort for my elbow before having PRP injections & it’s worked somehow. I take a dropper at bedtime. Don’t even have to wear a brace anymore, knock on wood.

Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Phenom 60x
    G410 3 wood Accra t70x
    G410 19* hybrid KBS Hybrid Proto 95x
    G410 4-PW KBS 120 Tour
    Glide 2.0 54* ES
    Glide 2.0 58* ES
    Taylormade Spider Tour
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have not tried it but want to---- The problem for me is I drive a truck for a living now and subject to random drug tests. Now I talked face to face with a medical review doctor on this. He explained to me that even with the laws and standards that CDB oil can contain a certain amount of THC and be legal for sale. He also told me some off the shelf stuff had been tested here in SC and contained more than the law allowed. Anyhow with all of that being said he told me that the test we take is so sensitive that the least little amount can make you test positive. Under Federal Law there is ZERO tolerance for that or other controlled substances. BTW We do as SOP a 7 panel drug screen as required again by Federal DOT law. So right now I can not afford to risk it

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Irons 3 thru PW KZG Teardrop ( 2009) Forged CB 5.5 Rifle Flighted
    SW Mizuno T-10 forged S-400
    LW Ping Zing 60* Stock
    Putter (for now) TM Rosa Daytona AGSI insert

• mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player Members Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@BIG STU said:
    I have not tried it but want to---- The problem for me is I drive a truck for a living now and subject to random drug tests. Now I talked face to face with a medical review doctor on this. He explained to me that even with the laws and standards that CDB oil can contain a certain amount of THC and be legal for sale. He also told me some off the shelf stuff had been tested here in SC and contained more than the law allowed. Anyhow with all of that being said he told me that the test we take is so sensitive that the least little amount can make you test positive. Under Federal Law there is ZERO tolerance for that or other controlled substances. BTW We do as SOP a 7 panel drug screen as required again by Federal DOT law. So right now I can not afford to risk it

If you have a CDL I would very far away from this. It's regulated. Some could have zero THC some could have a lot.

I use a vape pen with THC and CBD for nerve damage on the neck. Does a decent job for me.

• bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@BIG STU said:

In my line of work, I am also required to take the same DOT 7 or 9 panel with expanded opiates. I understand the concern and would never buy mine from anywhere that did not provide independent lab results for confirmation of no THC.

BTW - all DOT testing uses standard cutoff limits. For THC, it is 50 ng/ml. Confirmation testing (performed only if initial sample showed positive/questionable) uses a much lower cutoff at (I believe) 15 ng/ml.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file