Old Navy Slim Go-Dry Pants - how do they hold up?

Comments

• ShakesterShakester Members Posts: 423 ✭✭
    68bronco wrote:

What is the price delta b/t these and Nike?

Still waiting on my order to be delivered, so I’m anxious to compare the Old Navy to my Dunnings.

The Nike Flex 5 are $85 while the new ON Slim Go-Dry Flex pants are $44.99 but it seems as if older colors or styles are much cheaper.
    Taylormade M3 Driver (UST Mamiya Chrome Elements Stiff Shaft) 9.5
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood 15
    Taylormade M2 5 Wood 18
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Newport Platinum Putter
    Taylormade TP5 Golf balls
  • duffer987duffer987 Don't feed the Choo. Canadian in CaliforniaMembers Posts: 8,955 ✭✭
    Shakester wrote:

68bronco wrote:

Still waiting on my order to be delivered, so I’m anxious to compare the Old Navy to my Dunnings.

The Nike Flex 5 are $85 while the new ON Slim Go-Dry Flex pants are $44.99 but it seems as if older colors or styles are much cheaper.

As mentioned above, the Old Navy trousers can be found for $22 very regularly. I doubt you'd ever have to wait more than two weeks between having those prices available.
  • 68bronco68bronco Members Posts: 33 ✭✭
    duffer987 wrote:

Shakester wrote:

68bronco wrote:

As mentioned above, the Old Navy trousers can be found for $22 very regularly. I doubt you'd ever have to wait more than two weeks between having those prices available.

Ok the ON pants arrived. Have not worn them, but I tried them on for a few mins and they fit great.

Looking forward to wearing them on the course in the fall. Please let me know whenever the newer colors arrive. Thanks a bunch for the recommendation guys.
  • jaredt22jaredt22 Posts: 99 ✭✭
    Wore one of my pairs of these, for my round, a few days ago. They are unbelievably good.....very comfortable, fit exactly like I want, don't hold in a bunch of heat, and are just awesome, all around. I'm glad I read this thread a while back and scooped up several pairs of these for an unreal deal, when they were 50% off.
  • ClarkGrswld4ClarkGrswld4 Members Posts: 1,746
    they could make these pants in 25 different colors and I'd buy them all, love them!
  • fore_lifefore_life Swung too hard, hit it too pure. Members Posts: 10,352 ✭✭

they could make these pants in 25 different colors and I'd buy them all, love them!

Seriously! Just got my croc tears pair and they are the perfect pant
    Ping G400 LST Ust Attas Earth 9f5
    M4 15* with bimatrix rocket X
    Titleist 21* H2 evenflow blue 6.5
    718 tmb 4 iron
    718 cb 5-pw amt x100 tour
    Vokeys
    Cleveland TA milled 1i

Various other putters currently in the closet,
    thinking about what they've done wrong,
    and how they've hurt me so.
  • Fish-N-ChipsFish-N-Chips Members Posts: 867 ✭✭
    Just got an email that Activewear is 50% off today and tomorrow. If I remember correctly, both the pants and shorts are included.
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* Tour AD-MJS
    Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 19* Tour AD-DI 95S
    Bridgestone J40 3H PX 6.0
    Bridgestone J40 4H PX 6.0
    Ping S56 5-PW KBS Tour 90 S
    Vokey SM4 50*
    Vokey SM5 54*
    Ping Glide 60* E/S
    Ping Redwood Zing
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,235 ClubWRX
    come on and release the new light grey color.....
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 75
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 75
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • blink3665blink3665 #TwistFaceExperience Members Posts: 5,964 ✭✭

Just got an email that Activewear is 50% off today and tomorrow. If I remember correctly, both the pants and shorts are included.

AND 10% eBates! Time to grab the black pair of pants and every color of the shorts.
    Srixon z785 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65 / / Taylormade M4 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
    Taylormade M3 HL MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
    Taylormade M4 19* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
    Taylormade M4 22* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (39.75")
    Srixon 545 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Modus3 120s - Best Grips Classic
    Cleveland CBX 48* +1* loft - -0.75" - 2* flat
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 54* mid, 58* xlow -0.75" - 2* flat // TM Hi Toe 58* 2* flat
    Slighter Proto 1 - #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
    Odyssey OWorks 2ball - 32"
    GolfWRX (Nike Collegiate) bag (White) / Nike HyperAdapt

WITB Link
    semarlor wrote:

Warrick wrote:

So, is there 2 new shades of grey coming out?

Its hard to tell...it maybe more of a charcoal? It doesn't give me the color name so it's tough to say. But it does look like 2 different greys.

Anything new on the new color releases? I check every morning, just to be let down.....
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 603 ✭✭
    Warrick wrote:

semarlor wrote:

Warrick wrote:

So, is there 2 new shades of grey coming out?

Its hard to tell...it maybe more of a charcoal? It doesn't give me the color name so it's tough to say. But it does look like 2 different greys.

Anything new on the new color releases? I check every morning, just to be let down.....

No news...I'm at a loss, I really don't know what the hold up is.
    edited Jul 10, 2018 #313
    Light Khaki has been added! Things are happening! I'm not a liar! Haha. Hopefully more of the new colors will be added soon. The new tile is under the old colors.

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1053135&pcid=1053133&vid=1&pid=435081062
    edited Jul 10, 2018 #314
    We have faith in you man....

Now, do I order now, or will the grey be added in the nest day or so.....

I need a pair of khaki pants anyway.

How do people like the "crcodile tears" color?
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
    Warrick wrote:

We have faith in you man....

Now, do I order now, or will the grey be added in the nest day or so.....

I need a pair of khaki pants anyway.

How do people like the "crcodile tears" color?

I'll take a look tomorrow and see when our next 50 off event is...it seems we are doing it almost every month now. Way more often then we used to.
    edited Jul 10, 2018 #316
    I already ordered the light khaki just now, can't be having my size run out.

The current sale get em to $30
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • thedanimal58thedanimal58 Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Can't wait for other colors to be released!
    - Taylormade M1 10.5 Project X HZRDUS Yellow 6.5
    - Taylormade M1 3W Aldila Rouge 70 X
    - Taylormade GAPR Mid Graphite Design Di95x
    - Taylormade SLDR 4-PW Project X LZ 6.5
    - Vokey SM6 52*, 56*, & 60*
    - Taylormade Spider Tour 3 Red
    - TM TP-5X
  • Big LBig L Members Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Whoohoo, khakis are mine next 50% off sale!
    Cleveland Launcher HB 9*
    Ping G15 15.5*
    Cobra F6 Baffler 18*
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 2014 CB 4-AW
    Cleveland CBX 54* & Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 58*
    Scotty Cameron RedX3
    My planning calendar has a 50 off Active event scheduled for 7/21 but I haven't seen any official communication yet so it is subject to change. I will update when I know for sure, just wanted to give everyone the heads up!
    I don't care what deal is going on when the light grey drop, sizes go too fast. I just barely got the khaki was out in my size 20 minutes later.

I will be grabbing 2-3 pair.

I noticed in the review section, a recent reviewer mentioned having the "light grey". Is there a chance these are available in store now?
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
    Not that I can tell...unless only select stores got them, but even still I should be able to see them as a "store exclusive" color. The only thing I can see is the dark grey.
  • ShakesterShakester Members Posts: 423 ✭✭
    edited Jul 13, 2018 #322
    What I like about the ON is that they're 32 inseam seems to be a 32 inseam. I like slim fits, but it seems as if the newest fashion is to have your pants near ankle length like you have plumbing problems at home. To each their own, but its not for me. The Nike Flex pants are like that. Bonobos Highland are in the same boat as with J. Lindeberg and even the Lululemon ABC. They all seem to fit like this..

Golf_Golf_Bottoms_17897_GRR07_hero1.jpg?1496848152=&auto=format%2Ccompress&dpr=1&q=75&crop=false&fit=clip&w=800&h=1&ixlib=react-7.2.0

On the Bonobos site, they say that the model is 6'1 and 180 lbs, which is near exactly what I'm at. I went into the Bonobos Guide Store to try them on and sure enough, they're short on me just like the picture. So not only do I have to buy these in a 34" inseam, I would then need to have them shortened to a 32.75" to have it look the way I like. I don't have that problem with the ON.
    Taylormade M3 Driver (UST Mamiya Chrome Elements Stiff Shaft) 9.5
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood 15
    Taylormade M2 5 Wood 18
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Newport Platinum Putter
    Taylormade TP5 Golf balls
  • ClarkGrswld4ClarkGrswld4 Members Posts: 1,746
    semarlor wrote:

Not that I can tell...unless only select stores got them, but even still I should be able to see them as a "store exclusive" color. The only thing I can see is the dark grey.

maybe he thought the dark gray is a light gray i suppose, they aren't super dark in the grand scheme of things. I'm looking forward to the actual light grays coming out though!
    edited Jul 17, 2018 #324
    I just found these on ebay, this has to be the lighter gray color.....

https://www.ebay.com...353.m1438.l2649

Color is referenced as :chrome grey, which is an actual colorway on the site, several other items. These have to be dropping soon.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
    edited Jul 17, 2018 #325
    Warrick wrote:

I just found these on ebay, this has to be the lighter gray color.....

[url="https://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-Navy-Go-Dry-Performance-Flex-Pants-For-Men-36w36l/272841820052?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649"]https://www.ebay.com...353.m1438.l2649[/url]

Color is referenced as :chrome grey, which is an actual colorway on the site, several other items. These have to be dropping soon.

Very interesting. I know that some stores will test styles/colors of new product to see how it sells before it is released to the rest of the fleet. I have been a part of a few but never anything exciting. So these could have been purchased in a test market...I keep checking, the tiles are still there in my inventory app but still greyed out and won't let me select them.

Edit: Actually that wouldn't make sense seeing as the picture that is posted is obviously a screenshot of the website. I'm at a loss on this one, not sure where that one came from. I'm tempted to message the seller and see what the deal is and where they came from.
    Side note...I can't help but think something shady is going on when I see new product for sale online. We have so many issues with shoplifting, we've had people get apprehended and they literally have a list of all the styles and sizes they are in there to lift. Not saying that is the case with this seller but they have an awful lot of new Gap Inc stuff for sale...
  • payerasjlpayerasjl Members Posts: 723 ✭✭
    edited Jul 18, 2018 #327
    code STYLE gets you 40% off today.
    CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying
    I got the khaki version today, and they are a little different. A little slimmer in the legs and at the ankles, they seem thinner also. I am very much digging these, hope the new grey is the same.
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • I know they aren’t rain pants, but how do they hold up in rainy conditions? Thinking about using them tomorrow instead of my regular rain gear.
  • Looks like they’re on sale again for $22.50. Time to stock up!
  • AppAlumAppAlum Members Posts: 742 ✭✭
    uvaskeme wrote:

I know they aren’t rain pants, but how do they hold up in rainy conditions? Thinking about using them tomorrow instead of my regular rain gear.

I’ve worn them on wet days and the water and mud just rolled off. Haven’t been out in a steady rain though.