Old Navy Slim Go-Dry Pants - how do they hold up?

Comments

• cmagnussoncmagnusson Members Posts: 401 ✭✭
    Just received 3 pairs, comfiest things I've worn in a long time. Will definitely be able to go straight from the office to the course in these come spring time. Not wearing anything else.
    Cobra BioCell+ 8.5*D, Aldila RIP'D NV 65TX at 44.75"
    Ping Rapture 14*, Diamana Blueboard 73X
    Titleist 917F2 18*, Matrix Deus 60X
    Adams Pro DHy 18*, Aldila RIP 85X
    Adams Red 20*, Aldila RIP 85X
    TaylorMade RBladez 5i-PW, Stiff
    Cobra Trusty Rusty 53*, 59*, DG S200
    Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #1
  • blink3665blink3665 #TwistFaceExperience Members Posts: 6,017 ✭✭
    I have a silly question. How do these fit in relation to the slim fit highland Bonobos pants?
    Srixon z785 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65 / / Taylormade M4 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
    Taylormade M3 HL MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
    Taylormade M4 19* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
    Taylormade M4 22* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (39.75")
    Srixon 545 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Modus3 120s - Best Grips Classic
    Cleveland CBX 48* +1* loft - -0.75" - 2* flat
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 54* mid, 58* xlow -0.75" - 2* flat // TM Hi Toe 58* 2* flat
    Slighter Proto 1 - #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
    Odyssey OWorks 2ball - 32"
    GolfWRX (Nike Collegiate) bag (White) / Nike HyperAdapt

WITB Link
  • duffer987duffer987 Don't feed the Choo. Canadian in CaliforniaMembers Posts: 9,014 ✭✭
    edited Feb 10, 2019 10:55pm #424
    blink3665 wrote:

I have a silly question. How do these fit in relation to the slim fit highland Bonobos pants?

They are bigger. It seems Old Navy goes the Seinfeld route and puts smaller labels on bigger sizes. I erred on the bigger size and should have gone the other way.

I wear 35/34 slim Bonobos and bought some Slim Go-Drys in 36 and they are simply too big in the waist, like in the 'after' photos when people pull their waist bands out. I've kept a couple pairs, as they are nice enough, but gave the others I bought to charity.

I will try some 34/34s later and see.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • PixlPutterman PixlPutterman Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish) Members Posts: 8,243 ✭✭
    duffer987 wrote:

blink3665 wrote:

They are bigger. It seems Old Navy goes the Seinfeld route and puts smaller labels on bigger sizes. I erred on the bigger size and should have gone the other way.

I wear 35/34 slim Bonobos and bought some Slim Go-Drys in 36 and they are simply too big in the waist, like in the 'after' photos when people pull their waist bands out. I've kept a couple pairs, as they are nice enough, but gave the others I bought to charity.

Well now that just makes me feel fat, thought I was doing good at a 36, but now you tell me they are really a 38 image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    PXG 0811x 9° - HC EvenFlow Black 75x 
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120
    Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52°/56°/62°- S300
    Mizuno TP Mills TP7 
    RZN Platinum
  • dwbostondwboston Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,322 ✭✭

duffer987 wrote:

blink3665 wrote:

Well now that just makes me feel fat, thought I was doing good at a 36, but now you tell me they are really a 38 image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

The sizing on these is all over the place - I have two pair in the same size (in two different sizes) and the waist fit is inconsistent between them. I really like the pants though - super comfortable.
    Titleist TS2 10.5*, GD AD TP 6S | Titleist 915F 16.5*, GD AD DI 7S | Titleist 915 H 21*, GD AD HY 95S
    Bridgestone J15 CB, 4-PW, Recoil Proto 125 F4 | Vokey SM6 52.08F | Vokey SM6 56.10S | Vokey SM7 60.12D
    Bettinardi BB0 Flow, 34"/350g
  • rcolwell7rcolwell7 Members Posts: 107 ✭✭
    dwboston wrote:

The sizing on these is all over the place - I have two pair in the same size (in two different sizes) and the waist fit is inconsistent between them. I really like the pants though - super comfortable.

This exactly. I had to physically go to the store (after my wife warned me about Old Navy clothes/sizing) and try on 4-5 pants the same size to get two pairs that fit the same.
  • towncryertowncryer Members Posts: 392 ✭✭
    edited Feb 13, 2019 11:23am #428
    Sizing issues aside, I need more of these pants. I bought one size in three colors last year when they had a heck of a sale, and I've lost weight since then and need the next size down.

Does our resident Old Navy employee have any info on big sales coming up that will apply to Old Navy Active? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    G400 10.5 w/ Tour 65x
    915 2h Diamana D+
    PING iBlade 3-PW DGS400
    SM7 52, 56, 60 in Tour Chrome, DG S200
    Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newport 
    Vice Pro Plus LIME!!!!
  • PixlPutterman PixlPutterman Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish) Members Posts: 8,243 ✭✭
    towncryer wrote:

Sizing issues aside, I need more of these pants. I bought one size in three colors last year when they had a heck of a sale, and I've lost weight since then and need the next size down.

Does our resident Old Navy employee have any info on big sales coming up that will apply to Old Navy Active? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

What size are your old ones? Im still fat lol
    Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
    Mizuno TP Mills TP7 
    RZN Platinum

towncryer wrote:

Haha...40X32 and I have Croc Tears, Navy, and dark Grey.
    G400 10.5 w/ Tour 65x
    915 2h Diamana D+
    PING iBlade 3-PW DGS400
    Vice Pro Plus LIME!!!!
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited Feb 13, 2019 6:22pm #431
    towncryer wrote:

It looks like we have a 50% off All Active event coming up Feb 23-24! Subject to change of course, but it is showing on the most updated planning calendar I have. So looks like you guys can stock up soon!
    towncryer wrote:

towncryer wrote:

Haha...40X32 and I have Croc Tears, Navy, and dark Grey.
    36 waist and those would be mine, congrats on the weight loss
    Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
    Mizuno TP Mills TP7 
    RZN Platinum
  • duffer987duffer987 Don't feed the Choo. Canadian in CaliforniaMembers Posts: 9,014 ✭✭
    semarlor wrote:

towncryer wrote:

It looks like we have a 50% off All Active event coming up Feb 23-24! Subject to change of course, but it is showing on the most updated planning calendar I have. So looks like you guys can stock up soon!

Thanks for the update image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

[inlieuofwarrick] How 'bout those new colours?! [/inlieuofwarrick]
  • CwingCwing Members Posts: 8,047 ✭✭
    semarlor wrote:

towncryer wrote:

Nice
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U (coming soon = G410)
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
  • dcfasdcfas Tempus Fugit Members Posts: 859 ✭✭
    blink3665 wrote:

Waist size aside, the legs on the Old Navy are slimmer. I find the slim Bonobos to be relaxed fit, while the tailored fit is slimmer. I prefer the tailored fit. The waist is a bit loose in the ON. I could go one size down, but they still fit great. Shows you what a decent fabric and cut can do. My only concern is the button.
    edited Feb 13, 2019 9:19pm #436
    duffer987 wrote:

semarlor wrote:

towncryer wrote:

Thanks for the update image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

[inlieuofwarrick] How 'bout those new colours?! [/inlieuofwarrick]

Still no updates and I'm still annoyed by it. I've been waiting for it the same as everyone else. I still don't understand why I could see colors that are not and have not been available unless they were for test markets. I don't know but I gave up on figuring it out a while ago, lol. We will just have to see if anything happens as we roll into spring/summer.
    semarlor wrote:

towncryer wrote:

This is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear. Thanks!
    G400 10.5 w/ Tour 65x
    915 2h Diamana D+
    PING iBlade 3-PW DGS400
    Vice Pro Plus LIME!!!!
    semarlor wrote:

towncryer wrote:

This sale is happening now! Thanks!

Question if you don't mind...are these shorts https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=3796610220038&cid=1053133 essentially the same thing as the Built-In- Flex performance shorts as far as material? I ordered four pairs of the Built-In Flex last year and loved them but need to size down. Is 4-Way Stretch Performance the new Built-in Flex?

Thanks!
    G400 10.5 w/ Tour 65x
    915 2h Diamana D+
    PING iBlade 3-PW DGS400
    Vice Pro Plus LIME!!!!
    towncryer wrote:

semarlor wrote:

towncryer wrote:

Question if you don't mind...are these shorts https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=3796610220038&cid=1053133 essentially the same thing as the Built-In- Flex performance shorts as far as material? I ordered four pairs of the Built-In Flex last year and loved them but need to size down. Is 4-Way Stretch Performance the new Built-in Flex?

Thanks!

Yeah, it sounds like name change which happens from time to time. There might be small updates/changes but they look to be the same as the ones from last year (I haven't seen them in store yet to know for sure.) They are absolutely my favorite...i wore the dark grey 90% of the summer last year!
    semarlor wrote:

towncryer wrote:

semarlor wrote:

towncryer wrote:

Question if you don't mind...are these shorts https://oldnavy.gap....038&cid=1053133 essentially the same thing as the Built-In- Flex performance shorts as far as material? I ordered four pairs of the Built-In Flex last year and loved them but need to size down. Is 4-Way Stretch Performance the new Built-in Flex?

Thanks!

Yeah, it sounds like name change which happens from time to time. There might be small updates/changes but they look to be the same as the ones from last year (I haven't seen them in store yet to know for sure.) They are absolutely my favorite...i wore the dark grey 90% of the summer last year!

Awesome. Thanks for the input! I went ahead and ordered my size in all three colors on those shorts. And just like that, I've got golf pants/shorts taken care of for the entire year for the cost of two pairs full priced golf shorts from some golf companies. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    G400 10.5 w/ Tour 65x
    915 2h Diamana D+
    PING iBlade 3-PW DGS400
    Vice Pro Plus LIME!!!!
  • bellkenbellken Members Posts: 780 ✭✭
    In Store only. Ends 2/24 code "SAVE" extra $15 off $50
  • payerasjlpayerasjl Members Posts: 726 ✭✭
    Any codes? Best pants in the game
    CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying
    bellken wrote:

In Store only. Ends 2/24 code "SAVE" extra $15 off $50

Usually these codes don't combine with one or two day sales...but this time it does! In store only, get 50% off active and SAVE for $15 off when you spend over $50.
  • DeacLaw05DeacLaw05 Members Posts: 358 ✭✭
    So, it turns out the wife as a Gap cardmember gets reward coupons to use. Was able to apply a $50 reward card to an order of 2 pairs of the performance shorts and one pair of the pants in the Crocodile Tears color for a total of $8.03. That’s my kind of deal! Looking forward to trying these out.
  • OaksOaks Member of #TeamJetSpeed ClubWRX Posts: 2,387 ClubWRX
    They say SLIM - can anyone say how slim they are?
    M1 440 9.5* - ACCRA TZP Proto 265 M5      X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X     JetSpeed 19* w Matrix Hm95X 
    MP-63 3-PW - Project X 6.0      RTX4  54.10 & 60.09 - DG TI S400     Toulon Portland    Titleist  2016 Ultralight
    #TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013
  • payerasjlpayerasjl Members Posts: 726 ✭✭
    Oaks wrote:

They say SLIM - can anyone say how slim they are?

Impossible for me to describe to you, but I wear a size 34 and they only really feel slim at the knees (I’m 5”11). The fabric is stretchy so it’s a matter of fit I’d guess.
    CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying
  • tharpsttharpst Members Posts: 49 ✭✭
    I bought a few pairs for work and I wouldn’t say they are overly slim. I prefer these over my Nike flex slim pants now, but I’m yet to golf in them due to this wonderful Midwest winter we’ve had.
  • FerrisWyattFerrisWyatt Members Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Just ordered 2 pairs because of the 50% off sale. Gonna see how the compare to my LuLu ABC and Commishion pants. Have about 7 pairs of those so excited to see how the Old Navy’s stack up!
    Took advantage of the sale. I know have two grey and 1 each of the blue, khaki, and crocodile tear.
    Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
    Mizuno TP Mills TP7 
    RZN Platinum
  • VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,089 ✭✭
    After reading about the sale I stopped by a local store yesterday and snagged a pair in black. Think I'll be going back for more eventually.
    We do 50 off active every other month or so...I'll keep an eye out and try to let you guys know the next time we have one coming up.