Old Navy Slim Go-Dry Pants - how do they hold up?

1246718

Comments

  • towncryertowncryer Members Posts: 420 ✭✭✭✭
    A little off topic...

    I've got five pairs of shorts from Old Navy getting delivered today that I hope to use for golf. I'll post styles and impressions in the next few days if anyone else is looking for a low cost way to update their shorts wardrobe.



    I'm specifically interested in wearing shorts that aren't so blousy-baggy going forward. I think what I ordered will fit the bill.
    G400 10.5 w/ Tour 65x
    915 2h Diamana D+
    PING iBlade 3-5 DGS400
    PING Blueprint 6-PW DGS400
    SM7 51, 56, 60 in Tour Chrome, DG S200
    Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newport 
    Vice Pro Plus LIME!!!!
  • byflow2byflow2 Members Posts: 132 ✭✭
    towncryer wrote:


    A little off topic...

    I've got five pairs of shorts from Old Navy getting delivered today that I hope to use for golf. I'll post styles and impressions in the next few days if anyone else is looking for a low cost way to update their shorts wardrobe.



    I'm specifically interested in wearing shorts that aren't so blousy-baggy going forward. I think what I ordered will fit the bill.




    yeah would love an update when you do give them a try...
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra Fly Z 9.5 Stock Stiff Shaft[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway XR 15* Project X 6.0 [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra Utility 18* Aldia rouge 65g S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Srixon 565 4,5 - Srixon 6-PW Dynamic Gold AMT S300[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX2.0 52* [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX2.0 56*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX2.0 60*[/font]
    Bettinardi [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Queen Bee #9[/font]
  • travtrav Members Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    towncryer wrote:


    A little off topic...

    I've got five pairs of shorts from Old Navy getting delivered today that I hope to use for golf. I'll post styles and impressions in the next few days if anyone else is looking for a low cost way to update their shorts wardrobe.



    I'm specifically interested in wearing shorts that aren't so blousy-baggy going forward. I think what I ordered will fit the bill.




    Which ones, post some pics if you don't mind.
  • MaitriMikeMaitriMike Members Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    towncryer wrote:


    A little off topic...

    I've got five pairs of shorts from Old Navy getting delivered today that I hope to use for golf. I'll post styles and impressions in the next few days if anyone else is looking for a low cost way to update their shorts wardrobe.



    I'm specifically interested in wearing shorts that aren't so blousy-baggy going forward. I think what I ordered will fit the bill.




    Which pair? I'd be interested too. Funny how when younger, baggy shorts was in, now, everything is tight.. just like the 80's.. except cooler. LOL
  • towncryertowncryer Members Posts: 420 ✭✭✭✭
    MaitriMike wrote:

    towncryer wrote:


    A little off topic...

    I've got five pairs of shorts from Old Navy getting delivered today that I hope to use for golf. I'll post styles and impressions in the next few days if anyone else is looking for a low cost way to update their shorts wardrobe.



    I'm specifically interested in wearing shorts that aren't so blousy-baggy going forward. I think what I ordered will fit the bill.




    Which pair? I'd be interested too. Funny how when younger, baggy shorts was in, now, everything is tight.. just like the 80's.. except cooler. LOL




    I've got a few pairs of the Slim Ultimate Built-In Flex Shorts coming, one pair of Slim Built-In Flex Ultimate Dry-Quick Shorts, and one pair of Ultimate Slim Built-In Flex Ripstop shorts.



    I'm really excited about the Ripstops...cool texture, and ripstop is generally a lighter material.



    And yes...funny how style just swings back and forth once in a while.
    G400 10.5 w/ Tour 65x
    915 2h Diamana D+
    PING iBlade 3-5 DGS400
    PING Blueprint 6-PW DGS400
    SM7 51, 56, 60 in Tour Chrome, DG S200
    Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newport 
    Vice Pro Plus LIME!!!!
  • johnnyscarps007johnnyscarps007 Members Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but you can combine super cash with discounts in store instead of one or the other online. Picked up another pair of pants for $21
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 9,145 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Just bought the green pair and they seem comfy. Just a hair long which is always the case for me sadly, having them hemmed a hair. Nice tapered slim fit, I will wear these for work as well why not!
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • towncryertowncryer Members Posts: 420 ✭✭✭✭
    towncryer wrote:

    MaitriMike wrote:

    towncryer wrote:


    A little off topic...

    I've got five pairs of shorts from Old Navy getting delivered today that I hope to use for golf. I'll post styles and impressions in the next few days if anyone else is looking for a low cost way to update their shorts wardrobe.



    I'm specifically interested in wearing shorts that aren't so blousy-baggy going forward. I think what I ordered will fit the bill.




    Which pair? I'd be interested too. Funny how when younger, baggy shorts was in, now, everything is tight.. just like the 80's.. except cooler. LOL




    I've got a few pairs of the Slim Ultimate Built-In Flex Shorts coming, one pair of Slim Built-In Flex Ultimate Dry-Quick Shorts, and one pair of Ultimate Slim Built-In Flex Ripstop shorts.



    I'm really excited about the Ripstops...cool texture, and ripstop is generally a lighter material.



    And yes...funny how style just swings back and forth once in a while.




    Okay...I'd say avoid shorts if you're looking for performance materials. Dry-Quick shorts are horrible...plastic more or less. I really like the ripstops and others...I'll keep them because they were about 11 bucks each with the discount and super cash applied.
    G400 10.5 w/ Tour 65x
    915 2h Diamana D+
    PING iBlade 3-5 DGS400
    PING Blueprint 6-PW DGS400
    SM7 51, 56, 60 in Tour Chrome, DG S200
    Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newport 
    Vice Pro Plus LIME!!!!
  • earleyrcearleyrc Members Posts: 423 ✭✭✭✭
    I found a pretty solid new short.. jcrew tech short. On sale now too.



    I've recently been on a kick buying things I can wear for golf and casual because it's easier to sneak golf purchases by my wife lol.
    Driver (9.5°) - Titleist TS3 Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 74
    Wood (15°) - Titleist 915Fd Diamana D+ White 80
    Hybrid (19°) - Titleist 913h Diamana S+ Blue 82
    Irons (4-9) - Titleist 718AP2 DG S300 AMT
    Wedges (46.08F, 50.08F) - Vokey SM6 DG S200
    Wedges (54.10,58.10) - Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 DG S200
    Flat Stick (34") - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Matador Mid
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 9,145 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think the best pants by far are Adidas Utimate 360's. Hands done the thinnest most comfy pants on the planet.
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • MaitriMikeMaitriMike Members Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Big Ben wrote:


    I still think the best pants by far are Adidas Utimate 360's. Hands done the thinnest most comfy pants on the planet.


    How much is a pair? Are they slim and tapered fit? Any links for good deals?
  • MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Big Ben wrote:
    I still think the best pants by far are Adidas Utimate 360's. Hands done the thinnest most comfy pants on the planet.


    Agreed. And super stretchy
    Driver: TaylorMade M3
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-GW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Callaway PM Grind 54*, 58*
    Putter: Ping Ketcsh  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-x
  • MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    MaitriMike wrote:
    Big Ben wrote:


    I still think the best pants by far are Adidas Utimate 360's. Hands done the thinnest most comfy pants on the planet.


    How much is a pair? Are they slim and tapered fit? Any links for good deals?


    Amazon usually has the cheapest but it’s random colors and sizes.
    Driver: TaylorMade M3
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-GW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Callaway PM Grind 54*, 58*
    Putter: Ping Ketcsh  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-x
  • jacobEDGEjacobEDGE Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    earleyrc wrote:


    I found a pretty solid new short.. jcrew tech short. On sale now too.



    I've recently been on a kick buying things I can wear for golf and casual because it's easier to sneak golf purchases by my wife lol.




    Nice! I love J Crew shorts, but the cotton they've always been made of is not very good for golfing. And they come in 7" inseam too, which is awesome. Will be picking these up!
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,561 ClubWRX
    I am a 31" inseam, go 30 or 32?
    Epic 9* HZRDUS Smoke
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-9 LZ Blackout 
    Mizuno T7 - 45-49-53-58 LZ Blackout 
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • MaitriMikeMaitriMike Members Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Warrick wrote:


    I am a 31" inseam, go 30 or 32?




    Just get both. and return the one you don't like. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I have to get it hemmed from 32 to 31.
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,561 ClubWRX
    MaitriMike wrote:

    Warrick wrote:


    I am a 31" inseam, go 30 or 32?




    Just get both. and return the one you don't like. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I have to get it hemmed from 32 to 31.




    They have the black in 28x30, but grey only in 28/32, probably grab one of each, got 20%, $64 for 2 pair.
    Epic 9* HZRDUS Smoke
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-9 LZ Blackout 
    Mizuno T7 - 45-49-53-58 LZ Blackout 
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • jacobEDGEjacobEDGE Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't worn a pair of pants that I don't roll the cuffs on in probably 5 years, so my vote would be to get the 32's and just roll them once or twice.
  • earleyrcearleyrc Members Posts: 423 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 13, 2018 #110
    jacobEDGE wrote:

    earleyrc wrote:


    I found a pretty solid new short.. jcrew tech short. On sale now too.



    I've recently been on a kick buying things I can wear for golf and casual because it's easier to sneak golf purchases by my wife lol.




    Nice! I love J Crew shorts, but the cotton they've always been made of is not very good for golfing. And they come in 7" inseam too, which is awesome. Will be picking these up!


    The "Stretch" are the cotton/spandex blend, which are super comfortable but agree not great for golf.



    Make sure to check out the Jcrew Tech. They are a nylon/poly blend, so they are pretty much made for being active (also come in 10.5", 9", 7" so good length options for all). Just wished they had some more color options in the tech. I've been looking for a "loud" color to break up my obsession with grey/navy/black. I started another thread about Vineyard Vines because they do have some awesome colors, but I don't particularly like the feel of the shorts for $88... not that Jcrew are much cheaper, but I have a $50 gift card and they are running any 2 items for 20% off or any 3 items for 30% off deal right now so I can basically get these for free.
    Driver (9.5°) - Titleist TS3 Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 74
    Wood (15°) - Titleist 915Fd Diamana D+ White 80
    Hybrid (19°) - Titleist 913h Diamana S+ Blue 82
    Irons (4-9) - Titleist 718AP2 DG S300 AMT
    Wedges (46.08F, 50.08F) - Vokey SM6 DG S200
    Wedges (54.10,58.10) - Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 DG S200
    Flat Stick (34") - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Matador Mid
  • towncryertowncryer Members Posts: 420 ✭✭✭✭
    earleyrc wrote:

    jacobEDGE wrote:

    earleyrc wrote:


    I found a pretty solid new short.. jcrew tech short. On sale now too.



    I've recently been on a kick buying things I can wear for golf and casual because it's easier to sneak golf purchases by my wife lol.




    Nice! I love J Crew shorts, but the cotton they've always been made of is not very good for golfing. And they come in 7" inseam too, which is awesome. Will be picking these up!


    The "Stretch" are the cotton/spandex blend, which are super comfortable but agree not great for golf.



    Make sure to check out the Jcrew Tech. They are a nylon/poly blend, so they are pretty much made for being active (also come in 10.5", 9", 7" so good length options for all). Just wished they had some more color options in the tech. I've been looking for a "loud" color to break up my obsession with grey/navy/black. I started another thread about Vineyard Vines because they do have some awesome colors, but I don't particularly like the feel of the shorts for $88... not that Jcrew are much cheaper, but I have a $50 gift card and they are running any 2 items for 20% off or any 3 items for 30% off deal right now so I can basically get these for free.




    I LOVE Vineyard Vines, but I can't find a way to weasel a discount or great deal.
    G400 10.5 w/ Tour 65x
    915 2h Diamana D+
    PING iBlade 3-5 DGS400
    PING Blueprint 6-PW DGS400
    SM7 51, 56, 60 in Tour Chrome, DG S200
    Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newport 
    Vice Pro Plus LIME!!!!
  • drn92drn92 Members Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    jacobEDGE wrote:


    I haven't worn a pair of pants that I don't roll the cuffs on in probably 5 years, so my vote would be to get the 32's and just roll them once or twice.




    You are a mile high guy. Go to The Stitchery in Wheat Ridge if you need a tailor. Reasonable and fast.



    drn92
  • jacobEDGEjacobEDGE Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    drn92 wrote:

    jacobEDGE wrote:


    I haven't worn a pair of pants that I don't roll the cuffs on in probably 5 years, so my vote would be to get the 32's and just roll them once or twice.




    You are a mile high guy. Go to The Stitchery in Wheat Ridge if you need a tailor. Reasonable and fast.



    drn92




    Awesome, great to know! I have plenty of pants that are incredibly too long. One or two rolls of the cuff is fine...but I have some H&M jeans that I legit have to roll about 6 times. It's a solid 6" of fabric bunched up around my ankle.
  • Dean NCDean NC Members Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a pair of these and love them, good fit, as others mentioned, call them straight fit, not skinny.

    only gripe would be the mesh pockets, and could use 2 more belt loops. For the cost, not going to complain.

    waiting for the next 50% and combine the ON cash.
  • drn92drn92 Members Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Dean NC wrote:


    I have a pair of these and love them, good fit, as others mentioned, call them straight fit, not skinny.

    only gripe would be the mesh pockets, and could use 2 more belt loops. For the cost, not going to complain.

    waiting for the next 50% and combine the ON cash.




    I’ve been thinking about having 2 belt loops added. Might check with my tailor!



    drn92
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    towncryer wrote:

    towncryer wrote:

    MaitriMike wrote:

    towncryer wrote:


    A little off topic...

    I've got five pairs of shorts from Old Navy getting delivered today that I hope to use for golf. I'll post styles and impressions in the next few days if anyone else is looking for a low cost way to update their shorts wardrobe.



    I'm specifically interested in wearing shorts that aren't so blousy-baggy going forward. I think what I ordered will fit the bill.




    Which pair? I'd be interested too. Funny how when younger, baggy shorts was in, now, everything is tight.. just like the 80's.. except cooler. LOL




    I've got a few pairs of the Slim Ultimate Built-In Flex Shorts coming, one pair of Slim Built-In Flex Ultimate Dry-Quick Shorts, and one pair of Ultimate Slim Built-In Flex Ripstop shorts.



    I'm really excited about the Ripstops...cool texture, and ripstop is generally a lighter material.



    And yes...funny how style just swings back and forth once in a while.




    Okay...I'd say avoid shorts if you're looking for performance materials. Dry-Quick shorts are horrible...plastic more or less. I really like the ripstops and others...I'll keep them because they were about 11 bucks each with the discount and super cash applied.




    The "Built in flex Performance Shorts" are way better than the Dry-Quick. I agree that they feel plastic-ish....almost like a swim suit material. Give these a try if you haven't yet...



    https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1061504&pcid=1053133&vid=1&pid=208470032
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, fellas....4/28 we will have 50% off all Active product for one day only. It would include the pants we have been talking about and the shorts I linked in the post right above this one. You heard it here first!
  • MaitriMikeMaitriMike Members Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    semarlor wrote:


    By the way, fellas....4/28 we will have 50% off all Active product for one day only. It would include the pants we have been talking about and the shorts I linked in the post right above this one. You heard it here first!




    ****... guess i'll get another pair of backups? LOL
  • groachgroach Members Posts: 215 ✭✭✭
    semarlor wrote:


    By the way, fellas....4/28 we will have 50% off all Active product for one day only. It would include the pants we have been talking about and the shorts I linked in the post right above this one. You heard it here first!




    Ok, I'll make sure my Gap card is ready to spend that day image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Thanks!
    DR: Rogue Sub Zero - Fuji Pro X
    3W: Rogue Sub Zero - Fuji Pro X
    3H: Titleist 816 H2 - Speeder X
    Irons (4-P): Mizuno MP-18 SC - C-Taper X
    Wedges (52,58): Mizuno T7 - C-Taper X
    Putter: Spider X
    Ball: Chrome Soft Truvis
    Glove: Titleist Players
    Shoes: Nike Air Max 1
  • LUMALUMA I Am My Greatest Downfall St. Johns / Jacksonville FloridaMembers Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw this thread a few days back and stopped into Old Navy to check out the shorts. I usually play in whatever cotton I have because I'm sorry, I can't justify $70 for freaking shorts, not right now in life anyways. I tried a pair on in Old Navy and yeah, they feel awesome.



    I ordered 4 pairs and will give them a go when they arrive this week. I can't see how these won't work out great. And bonus, I do a lot of saltwater fly fishing so these should be great for hot days on the bow the skiff as well!



    I will report back later this week . . .
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9 deg / Aldila Rouge
    Titleist 915 F 15 deg / Diamana 70
    Callaway XR 19 deg Hybrid / Project X LZ S
    Titleist 718 MB PW-4i / Project X 6.0 
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50/54/58
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5
  • ronsterronster Members Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭
    Well i ended up getting two pairs of the GapFit Hybrid Khakis as they were on sale plus Gap had a 40% online promo code. $30 CDN a pair!



    Should be here next week sometime...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file