ProV1 vs. NOP

How do the NOP Compare
Long time user of the Prov1 but am looking for something else. Really no reason, just to mix it up. Any one have any good info.

Comments

• Ty_WebbTy_Webb Members Posts: 2,914 ✭✭
    dude wrote on Apr 27 2008, 10:17 PM:
    Long time user of the Prov1 but am looking for something else. Really no reason, just to mix it up. Any one have any good info.

I bought myself a dozen NOPs recently to give them a try. I normally use the Pro V1, but like you, I fancied shaking things up a bit. I found no noticeable difference in distance. An interesting one to me that. I had read on here how you needed a high swing speed to make use of it. Mine is around 112-114 or so with my driver and I had no trouble getting this ball to go. It appears that a lot of people do, and I think more than a few claim high swing speeds and 280 yard carries. But I digress. What I did find with the ball is that it spins like a #$%&$&. Playing on what were granted wet greens, I managed to back up a four iron about 8 feet from the semi rough. Virtually unheard of. It's also great around the green if you're aggressive and hit hard chips with a lot of spin. If you hit a floatier chip, I didn't think it spun any differently from a prov1, possibly less, but if you nipped it off the turf firmly, it would check up really well. Lastly, I thought it putted a little firmer feelwise than a pro v1. Bit more like a pro v1x in that respect.

It's a good ball and worthy of a try. I will be buying some more.
    Ping G30 9° Diamana white 63x
    Ping G30 3 wood Accra
    Titleist 714CB 2, 3, 4
    Titleist 714MB 5-PW
    Vokey 52 and 56
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • sirvinimsirvinim Posts: 208 ✭✭
    Nice review.
    Taylormade RBZ Tour Driver
    Taylormade SLDR 15 degree 3W
    Taylormade SLDR 18 degree 5W
    Mizuno MP-H5 21 degree 3 iron