Indoor Putting Green

Comments

• JV007JV007 Night Putter Members Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Big Moss. I have the Country Club 612 http://www.bigmoss.com/Country-Club-612_p_130.html

Good for various lengths/angles/breaks. Also, no issues vacuuming it so far as needed to clean it off.
  • Browns71213Browns71213 Members Posts: 582 ✭✭

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has updates.

What kind of update are you looking for? Still love my Big Moss.
    Calloway Big Bertha 460 9* Driver
    Cleveland HiBore XLS S 13* 3 Wood
    Kasco Super Hyten K2K 33 16* Hybrid
    Kasco Super Hyten K2K 44 19* Hybrid
    Original King Cobra Irons 4-SW
    Snake Eyes 58* Wedge
    Odyssey Versa #7H 35" Putter
  • Jack DanielsJack Daniels Members Posts: 123 ✭✭
    I have had a Birdie Ball and a Big Moss. The products really aren't comparable. Birdie Ball is trash, just a piece of foam.

I have to assume the people that like the Birdie Ball haven't tried anything else.
  • AndrewkpkAndrewkpk ClubWRX Posts: 130 ✭✭
    Any Big Moss owners use theirs over normal pile carpet? I know they lay flat on hard surfaces and low pile carpets, but was thinking of grabbing one for my basement that’s carpeted. Also, anyone know what carpet BM uses for their surfaces? Contemplating a DIY option too.
  • hybrid25hybrid25 michiganMembers Posts: 1,558 ✭✭

I have both a birdie ball and a big moss putting green. I would recommend either depending on what you want. If you want a large putting surface, say 4 by 14 ft in area, I would recommend the birdie ball. It has some great roll to it, and is great for practicing your stroke. If you want a little bit smaller green I would recommend the big moss. I was a little skeptical buying a big moss because of its slight incline to create hole depth, but that is really not even a consideration for being a negative. It has a beautiful putting surface that rolls like a private course green. My big boss putting green is 3 x 9 ft which is a nice distance to practice your putting stroke.

• AhotrainAhotrain Members Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Thinking big Moss is the way to go
  • BigEx44BigEx44 Members Posts: 270 ✭✭

Do you have an aversion to Big Moss? They have a few indoor greens in that size and their Commander greens can be used indoors or out. Link below.

new-commander-outdoor-putting-green

Anyone have any experience with this company? Never heard of them before, but their stuff looks interesting.

http://trulinegreens.com

The Trulinegreens look interested. Interested to hear feedback as well. Thanks for sharing!

I have a Truline "Little Murph" that I use with a PuttOut Trainer and I absolutely love it.

Best thing is if I need the space, I can roll it up and put it away.

Andrewkpk wrote:

Any Big Moss owners use theirs over normal pile carpet? I know they lay flat on hard surfaces and low pile carpets, but was thinking of grabbing one for my basement that's carpeted. Also, anyone know what carpet BM uses for their surfaces? Contemplating a DIY option too.

Any of the roll-out greens are going to be slower over carpet than on hard flooring, but they are still very puttable.
    Snake Eyes 58* Wedge
  • TMfan54TMfan54 NJMembers Posts: 2,248 ✭✭
    I've had a Big Moss for a couple years. No issues. The best indoor green I've putted on.
    TM Original One 11.5 HZRDUS Hulk
    Tour Edge Exotics 15* E8 Beta Alidila Rogue
    Titleist T-MB 2 iron HRZDUS Black
    Miura 4-9 raw Tournament Blades KBS black nickel
    Titleist SM7 48*
    Miura 52 & 56* K grind DG TI
    TM Hi Toe 60* KBS Hi Rev
    TM Spyder X
  • warrio17warrio17 Members Posts: 371 ✭✭
    Any suggestions for a putting green over top of thick carpet. I am thinking anything would need some sort of thick base in order to prevent the mat from rippling. I have seen Tour Links, any others less expensive 350-500 range?
    SYalW6s.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Epic SubZero 9* Fujikura Atmos Blue label 7X[/font]
    SYalW6s.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Epic SubZero 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue label 8X[/font]
    taylormade_small_logo_blk.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Tour Preferred UDI 2 Iron 18* UST Mamiya Prototype Utility 110F5[/font]
    taylormade_small_logo_blk.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] RescueDual TP 2 Hybrid 18* True Temper Project X HB6 (interchanges with the UDI)[/font]
    iDRdfVu.png [font=courier new,courier,monospace]JPX 900 Forged 4-GW 1* weak KBS C-Taper X 130g[/font]
    R9admPL.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Vokey Design V Grind SM6 54* KBS 2.0 HiRev X[/font]
    R9admPL.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Vokey Design V Grind SM6 58* KBS 2.0 HiRev X[/font]
    ZSoHrb9.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Circle T 009M Chromatic Bronze Flojet Neck 35" A041795 (Gamer)[/font]
    ZSoHrb9.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Tour Newport Slant Neck Crown "O"[/font]
    ZSoHrb9.png [font=courier new,courier,monospace]Futura X5 Chromatic Bronze Slant Neck Custom [/font]
    ZSoHrb9.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Chromatic Blue 1995 1st Run Coronado[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]i[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nstagram: @westongarner[/font]
  • HifadeHifade Sleepin' on the job. Slacker! Dayton, OHCharter Members Posts: 5,337 ✭✭
    iteachgolf wrote:

Do NOT by from David Quail. To many other good options out there. I agreed to drop ship my training aids for David rather than have him take on inventory, so he ordered products from me several years ago and then never paid.....wouldn't answer the phone or anything. After several months, sold his account to collection. As a small business owner back then, every receivable was important. He's a blowhard and a thief. Just saying........
    PING G410 LST 9* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 60S
    PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70S
    TITLEIST 20* 815 Hybrid - Fuji HB 8.8 Tour Spec
    CALLAWAY '19 APEX PROS 4-GW - KBS TOUR V "S" (HSx1)
    CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
    ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM
    BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1's
    warrio17 wrote:

Any suggestions for a putting green over top of thick carpet. I am thinking anything would need some sort of thick base in order to prevent the mat from rippling. I have seen Tour Links, any others less expensive 350-500 range?

There are companies that sell just the panels and you can find a cheap turf at your local Home Depot.
    Snake Eyes 58* Wedge
    BigEx44 wrote:

Do you have an aversion to Big Moss? They have a few indoor greens in that size and their Commander greens can be used indoors or out. Link below.

Anyone have any experience with this company? Never heard of them before, but their stuff looks interesting.

The Trulinegreens look interested. Interested to hear feedback as well. Thanks for sharing!

I have a Truline "Little Murph" that I use with a PuttOut Trainer and I absolutely love it.

https://www.youtube....h?v=uEI8XajOZN0

How do you like the surface???
    Snake Eyes 58* Wedge

The BM surface is a perfect speed for me, smooth and similar private course greens. A bit on the faster side, just the way I like it!
  • bear87bear87 Members Posts: 32
    +1 for Big Moss Augusta.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping G400 Max Driver, 9.75°, Oban Kiyoshi HB-65, O4 Flex[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Callaway Rogue, 15°, Paderson Kevlar Blue KB-972, F30 Flex[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Callaway Rogue 4H, 21°, Project X EvenFlow Blue, Stiff Flex[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Parsons PXG 0311 Irons, 5I-PW, Aerotech SteelFiber i95, Stiff Flex OR Callaway Apex CF16 (5-8)/ Apex Pro (9-GW), Aerotech SteelFiber i95 Stiff Flex[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey SM7, 50° F Grind, 56° S Grind, 62° M Grind, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]TaylorMade Spider Tour Red, 33.5"[/font]
    I have "The Original", linked below, which is 3x9 ft. I am happy with that size, it fits the best in my house, but the bigger the better if you can fit it in.

http://www.bigmoss.com/The-Original_p_112.html
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Members Posts: 918 ✭✭
    I'm another that strongly recommends big Moss. Very good quality. Birdie ball wasn't impressive. Well worth the extra cost.
  • Back9Back9 ClubWRX Posts: 696 ClubWRX
    edited Nov 20, 2018 #50
    If you want something really nice, take a look at Provoto. My wife got me one 5 or so years ago and I still use it several days a week year around in my office. It is kind of like a pool table for golf.

https://www.provoto.com/putting-systems-1
    edited Nov 21, 2018 #51

BigEx44 wrote:

https://www.youtube....h?v=uEI8XajOZN0

How do you like the surface???

Love it.

Here's what my indoor putting station looks like:

The green to the right is a Big Moss with Boomerang Putter Ramp.

The green to the left is a Truline "Little Murph" with a PuttOut training device as the golf hole.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Back9 wrote:

If you want something really nice, take a look at Provoto. My wife got me one 5 or so years ago and I still use it several days a week year around in my office. It is kind of like a pool table for golf.

https://www.provoto....tting-systems-1

I considered the Provoto before I got the Truline.

I really like the look of it. Very classy.

My only problem with it is that your stance is limited by the box surface you have to stand on.

Looks to me that if your stance is in any way unorthodox (more open, or wider than normal) you might run into problems.

I'm a sidesaddle putter - so it wasn't a good option for me.

It's also pretty pricy.
  • Back9Back9 ClubWRX Posts: 696 ClubWRX
    edited Nov 21, 2018 #53
    BigEx44 wrote:

Back9 wrote:

https://www.provoto....tting-systems-1

I considered the Provoto before I got the Truline.

I really like the look of it. Very classy.

My only problem with it is that your stance is limited by the box surface you have to stand on.

Looks to me that if your stance is in any way unorthodox (more open, or wider than normal) you might run into problems.

I'm a sidesaddle putter - so it wasn't a good option for me.

It's also pretty pricy.

I agree. It is pricey and relies on you being able to stand on a raised block beside the track to putt. The block is mobile so it works for most stances other than side-saddle if your feet are really close to the ball.

To me, it is much more aesthetically appealing than a mat if you are going to have it out all the time in a visible place like a home office. If you have a large basement practice area, a large mat makes more sense.

One thing I like about it is the laser. It creates a straight line back through the hole to the ball. Really helps you see the arc of your stroke and line of the putt. The ability to make the surface roll perfectly straight eliminates any variables other than your stroke in how the ball rolls. Nice compliment to other putting aids like mirrors, arcs, and Pelz lined balls. I have used the Pill balls on it as well but it is best to cover the hole with those since they don't roll back down the internal ball return track.
  • dan040286dan040286 Members Posts: 306 ✭✭
    BigMoss hands down is the best. I own 2 in my home and even became a dealer for them. PM me if you’re interested and I can save you some $$
  • gary3acesgary3aces Members Posts: 445 ✭✭
    I've had a Big Moss Augusta for 15-20 years now and it's still in great shape.My grandkids love it as well.Easy to clean with a vacuum.Worth every penny.Great for the winter months here in Cincinnati.Also like to use it for practicing my chipping.Can't go wrong with any of the Big Moss models.

Gary image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
  • JarlaxleJarlaxle Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 475 ✭✭
    Another vote for Big Moss, I picked up a fairly large Augusta when they had a sale around the British Open so that saved me about 20%. It's fantastic, I putt at least 3 nights a week, sometimes more. Also chip on to it too, has really helped me develop better touch.
    "We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time."

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
    Mizuno JPX 900 3W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
    Titleist AP3 3 - 5 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Titleist AP2 6 - PW w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Miura Y Grind 51 w/ Project X 5.5
    Miura C Grind 55 w/ Project X 5.5
    Miura C Grind 59 w/ Project X 5.5
    Custom Edel E3
    Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag
  • JarlaxleJarlaxle Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 475 ✭✭
    hybrid25 wrote:

One I am looking at for downstairs :

http://www.bigmoss.c...-Pro_p_124.html
    That's the exact one I got except I went for 3 holes. I keep one of them with the insert that shrinks the hole in for practicing 3-4 footers.
    "We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time."

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
    Mizuno JPX 900 3W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
    Titleist AP3 3 - 5 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Titleist AP2 6 - PW w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Miura Y Grind 51 w/ Project X 5.5
    Miura C Grind 55 w/ Project X 5.5
    Miura C Grind 59 w/ Project X 5.5
    Custom Edel E3
    Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag