TaylorMade...King of Backorders

Comments

• GOUFGOGOUFGO Members Posts: 203
    I ordered my 790's on March 16th; called this morning and was told "production opened on these this morning and should have them by next Wednesday".
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members Posts: 5,131 ✭✭
    edited Mar 28, 2018 #63
    GOUFGO wrote:

I ordered my 790's on March 16th; called this morning and was told "production opened on these this morning and should have them by next Wednesday".

Hope they do but I've been given the run around on when mine will ship. I ordered 730 irons with a 790 4 iron 3 weeks ago. I was first told they would ship early last week, then told early this week. Now it is end of next week or early following week...

Might not be a bad thing though, giving me time to second guess playing the season with blades
  • teeezerteeezer Members Posts: 40
    In Taylormade's defense they have been doing very well with the M3/M4 release and everything after up until this point. If you think May is bad, a custom order Atmos 5 stiff flex is B/O until August 2019. Yes 2019 is what the system says.

Also my local shop has a good amount of the Hi-Toe's just sitting there. DSG seems to have them in stock. DRRicks, i suppose some shop near by might have some on hand and might do an inventory swap with you.
  • sjpsjp Members Posts: 85 ✭✭
    Europe has the same problems. Bags, stock and custom clubs can easy take between 2-6 weeks. Hope it will be better soon.
  • sgolf711sgolf711 Members Posts: 117
    Try ordering custom through a site like 2ndswing they may have a rush on their orders since they are big time buyers
  • PatsNationPatsNation Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭
    I think the Hi Toe Wedges are out until June according to their website ?

I have one but instead of going through reshafting was going to just sell and order a new one with a different shaft. Guess im going the reshafting route.
  • CaseyDanCaseyDan Members Posts: 796 ✭✭
    Chunk777 wrote:

I have one but instead of going through reshafting was going to just sell and order a new one with a different shaft. Guess im going the reshafting route.

Kind of in the same boat. I have a project X 5.5 in my 58 and not a 100% sure about it yet. What shaft do you have in your hi-toe?
    TaylorMade M2 Tensei Pro White 60s
    Callaway Epic Flash w/ Whiteboard 70s
    Callaway Rogue 5W w/ Whiteboard 80s
    Callaway Apex 19 Combo 4-AW
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*
    TaylorMade 60* Hi-Toe
    TaylorMade Spider X
  • PatsNationPatsNation Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭
    CaseyDan wrote:

Chunk777 wrote:

Kind of in the same boat. I have a project X 5.5 in my 58 and not a 100% sure about it yet. What shaft do you have in your hi-toe?
    Kbs tour 120 Stiff. Not even sure why I ordered it with that.. Must have been a busy day
  • 1s1k1s1k A-Town, MAMembers Posts: 471 ✭✭
    I customized a set of P730's on their site and it has a ship date of 08/28/2019!!!

That can't be right I would think.
    TM M5 Tour 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    TM P790 UDI 2-Iron HZRDUS Black 85g 6.5
    TM P.7TW 3-PW Project X 6.5

Titleist SM7 WedgeWorks Raw
    46*/10F Project X 6.5 
    50*/08F, 54*/10S, & 60*/12D TI DG S400

TM Spider X 34" Navy
    TM TP5X
    Mizuno MP32's 2-PW 
    Callaway Legacy Black 3-PW 
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,911 ClubWRX
    1s1k wrote:
    I customized a set of P730's on their site and it has a ship date of 08/28/2019!!!

It's possible. On the retail side, our ordering portal is showing that the P730 is "sold out". That's unusual. Usually it will have a "available" date, even if it's months out...like right now lots of metal woods and irons are showing June availability.

But P730 is just not available to even place an order, period.

910531a9fcbe0efc57fcc70dd7fd8887.jpg
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • falken19150falken19150 Members Posts: 1,745 ✭✭
    edited Apr 1, 2018 #72
    Its an overnight glitch. I had the same thing happen when I placed my UDI order. Next day it showed up as April 4.

I also tried a p730 custom order just to see what it said - 5/7/18. So don't worry.
  • falken19150falken19150 Members Posts: 1,745 ✭✭
    chris975d wrote:

1s1k wrote:

It's possible. On the retail side, our ordering portal is showing that the P730 is "sold out". That's unusual. Usually it will have a "available" date, even if it's months out...like right now lots of metal woods and irons are showing June availability.

Looks like they don't have 3 irons in stock so that's prob what's happening
  • boggymanboggyman Members Posts: 2,576 ✭✭
    Funny that my son ordered 730s in 6-P 1/2 in short 1 degree flat and they showed up in less than 2 weeks. His were ordered couple months ago, but they did arrive in less than 2 weeks as stated above. Shop owner was even surprised. Plus he got his with Px 6.0s!
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,511 ✭✭

Its an overnight glitch. I had the same thing happen when I placed my UDI order. Next day it showed up as April 4.

I also tried a p730 custom order just to see what it said - 5/7/18. So don't worry.

Thanks for the info!
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,911 ClubWRX
    chris975d wrote:

1s1k wrote:

Looks like they don't have 3 irons in stock so that's prob what's happening

It's not just 3 irons.

Looks like right now all that's available are "stock" 8 and 9 irons in X flex only, and PW in regular flex.

Again, this is stock configuration. Custom order builder shows everything backordered through at least May.

e0eab74d1dec7b5cdb4e08050ac948bd.jpg

ade4be2338b31b1b6c81012d1e79f84f.jpg

d0e6422c6f5371d0295c5e6f7755694c.jpg
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
    boggyman wrote:

Funny that my son ordered 730s in 6-P 1/2 in short 1 degree flat and they showed up in less than 2 weeks. His were ordered couple months ago, but they did arrive in less than 2 weeks as stated above. Shop owner was even surprised. Plus he got his with Px 6.0s!

I ordered 730’s on 3/7, they are suppose to ship end of this coming week so been like a month. I guess they are waiting on some heads to come in
  • boggymanboggyman Members Posts: 2,576 ✭✭
    Redjeep83 wrote:

boggyman wrote:

I ordered 730’s on 3/7, they are suppose to ship end of this coming week so been like a month. I guess they are waiting on some heads to come in

Sweet sticks for sure. Definitely a “blade”!!
  • starrman77starrman77 Starrman Members Posts: 410 ✭✭
    Maybe the kids working in the oversea sweatshops are on strike.
    Ping G SFT 10* 44.5"
    Ping i3OS Irons 3 thru UW
    Cobra Speed LD 15* 3 Wood
    Ping G #4 crossover
    Titleist Vokey 56* SW
    Ping Cadence Tomcat C putter 34-3/4"
    B330RX Ball
  • the beestthe beest Members Posts: 126 ✭✭
    DRRicks wrote:

Was just going to put in an order for a bunch of TM equipment through their online process. The P750 4 Iron, P730 irons, and Hi Toe are all backordered until June! For those keeping track, it’s still MARCH. The only thing available immediately are the MG wedges.

How is it possible to mismanage inventory that poorly heading into a limited season sport as a manufacturer? Insane.

Not great but the shop I ordered 718 AP2s from the other day said TM UK are in a mess due to the split from Adidas...moved warehouses, all new emails etc etc. It may explain the lead time for orders??

P.s. given your sig I’m not sure I’d bother ordering lol
    917 D3 10.5 Kurokage Dual Core Silver 60x
    917 F2 16.5 Kurokage Dual Core Silver 70x
    818 H2 21 PX Evnflow Blue 6.0 or 718 T-MB 3i DG TI AMT
    718 T-MB 4i DG AMT White Tour ss X100
    718 AP2 5-9 DG AMT White Tour ss X100
    SM6 46F, 50F, 54M, 60M - DGTI AMT S400
    SC Futura 5.5m
    Pro V1x
  • MidMOGolferMidMOGolfer Members Posts: 208
    Ordered my P770's custom late May of last year. 2* flat, DG S300 shafts with Winn Dry Tac grips. Estimated delivery time was 8 days and they got here in 7.

Ordered my M3 driver over the weekend and said it was in stock, hoping I get the tracking number today or tomorrow.
    D/3W/H: Taylormade M2 2016
    4I-AW: Taylormade P770
    GW/LW: Taylormade EF
    P: Seemore FGP Mallet
    Ball: Taylormade TP5X
  • the_slice_kingthe_slice_king Members Posts: 5 ✭✭
    DRRicks wrote:

Was just going to put in an order for a bunch of TM equipment through their online process. The P750 4 Iron, P730 irons, and Hi Toe are all backordered until June! For those keeping track, it's still MARCH. The only thing available immediately are the MG wedges.

How is it possible to mismanage inventory that poorly heading into a limited season sport as a manufacturer? Insane.
    I ordered a set of the 790's on December 28th...and i still don't have them...
  • JessWilder711JessWilder711 Members Posts: 31
    Anyone know if the P790 UDIs will be available in retail stores? I'm planning on getting the stock shaft anyway, so as long as they have it in 6.5 flex I'd rather just buy off the rack and avoid the wait, but haven't been able to find them in a store yet.
    WITB:
    TM M1 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
    TM M1 3W Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
    TM UDI 18* Dynamic Gold X100
    TM TourPreferred MC 3-P Dynamic Gold X100
    Cleveland 588 52* + 58*
    SeeMore z2 Tour Limited
  • bnp144bnp144 Members Posts: 272 ✭✭
    I ordered my 790 UDI Custom on Thursday and its scheduled to deliver today. I can not complain too much.

DRRicks wrote:

Was just going to put in an order for a bunch of TM equipment through their online process. The P750 4 Iron, P730 irons, and Hi Toe are all backordered until June! For those keeping track, it's still MARCH. The only thing available immediately are the MG wedges.

who did you order through?
  • the_slice_kingthe_slice_king Members Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Redjeep83 wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

who did you order through?
    I got fitted at Loft Golf Performance, which is the company at PGA National. They put the order through for me.
  • Kale_mKale_m Members Posts: 1,778 ✭✭
    Ordered my udi on March 30. Still says it is being processed.

Said before it was a shipping date of April 7. So we will see
    Taylormade M6 9.0 (set to 7.5) Tensei Pro Orange 70tx
    Taylormade M5 rocket 14* Tensei Pro orange 80tx 
    Taylormade 790 UDI 2 iron Tensei Pro White 90tx
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Callaway md4 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Tm spider x 35” navy with true path alignment
  • taylorx300taylorx300 Members Posts: 1,265 ✭✭
    The custom build tab on TM website will give you estimated dates due to backorder items ( heads / shafts / grips )

Tmagdirect ( dealer order site ) will show the same info for backorder on same items.

But the TM fitters that do all the on site demo days have the most up to date info on the iPads.

There is a report generated internally that shows when those backordered items will be coming in.

This report would be used specifically for all "custom" build order.

In regards to P730 - 9 irons heads are out till 5/7/18
    M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
    M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
    M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
    P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
    52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
    60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black
  • mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player Members Posts: 1,333 ✭✭
    I ordered on the web site today.

790 4-5

770 6-7

750 8-9-pw

Everything estimated to ship within 10 days. Except the 750's. 6-11.

So I called. Was told the only issue was the 8 iron in 750. Changed my order to make 770 8 iron. Placed and still said the 6-11 on the 750's

• damyers10damyers10 Members Posts: 291 ✭✭
    bnp144 wrote:

I ordered my 790 UDI Custom on Thursday and its scheduled to deliver today. I can not complain too much.

I must’ve gotten stuck in a rush. I ordered Saturday and it’s not even supposed to ship until the 13th.
  • nochct1nochct1 Members Posts: 3,376 ✭✭
    I guess this means that the good stuff won't hit BST until mid summer.

You guys will get your custom ordered clubs, take them out, claim you still aren't getting optimal spin / launch (but won't take lessons) and then you'll post them on BST. Then you'll do a "I just can't work the ball with modern blades" thread or maybe a "what's the lowest launch lowest spin driver that will get me from 4200 to 1900 RPM" thread.