TaylorMade...King of Backorders

12346»

Comments

• gmangolfgmangolf Members Posts: 1,563 ✭✭
    DRRicks wrote:

TM's product is head and shoulders above everyone else's...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.

Played TM for 10 years at least... definitely don't think the product is above everyone elses. Agree that they seem to have some business plan challenges.
  • EKELLYEKELLY Members Posts: 2,593 ✭✭
    gmangolf wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

TM's product is head and shoulders above everyone else's...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.

Played TM for 10 years at least... definitely don't think the product is above everyone elses. Agree that they seem to have some business plan challenges.
    Their woods are super, irons get a bogey, ball is a double. The game goes in trends, TM's is going downhill, Callaway uphill, Titleist and Mizuno are sitting at a table in the middle playing cards, drinking beer.
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,435 ✭✭
    EKELLY wrote:

gmangolf wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

Their woods are super, irons get a bogey, ball is a double. The game goes in trends, TM's is going downhill, Callaway uphill, Titleist and Mizuno are sitting at a table in the middle playing cards, drinking beer.
    the ball is far from a "double". take your hate elsewhere. seriously, go.

all you do is hate in this thread. if you have nothing to say, go find somewhere else to instigate.

Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set N/S) / Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.25"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set +1/D) / DF 70TX tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash / 5 (set N/S) / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    785 / 3-PW / PX 7.0
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

• DRRicksDRRicks Banned Posts: 2,444 ✭✭
    gioguy21 wrote:

EKELLY wrote:

gmangolf wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

the ball is far from a "double". take your hate elsewhere. seriously, go.

all you do is hate in this thread. if you have nothing to say, go find somewhere else to instigate.

Exactly! The TP5 ball is REALLY good...certainly on a different level than the Chrome line.
  • AnserAnser ClubWRX Posts: 2,210 ✭✭
    EKELLY wrote:

gmangolf wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

The 790 is better than anything in Callaway's stable and the ball is fantastic
    TM M4 D-Type 9.5 - Tour AD IZ 7s
    TM M4 3HL, 5 HL, Tour AD IZ 7s
    Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
    TM 790 6-AW, Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX 54/58
    TaylorMade HiToe 64
    Evnroll ER-5, Evnroll ER-2.1
  • DizzDizz J.W. Members Posts: 14,258
    DRRicks wrote:

TM’s product is head and shoulders above everyone else’s...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.

I don’t wanna be the bearer of bad news but there isnt a major OEM out there that’s “head and shoulders” better than the next one.
    XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
    X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
    716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
    Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
    Cameron Napa California @ 34"
    Dizz wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

TM’s product is head and shoulders above everyone else’s...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.

I don’t wanna be the bearer of bad news but there isnt a major OEM out there that’s “head and shoulders” better than the next one.

Not “bad news”, just an opinion...like mine.
  • n_ronesn_rones Members Posts: 521 ✭✭
    edited May 15, 2018 #159
    A buddy got his M3 driver about a month ago after waiting 6 weeks for it to come in. 5th round in with it the head cracked after he hit a tee shot. He called Taylormade and they told him to go to the retailer he bought it from. He took it in for inspection and they told him they'd be sending him a new head and quoted him 3 weeks. Hopefully they get it here faster than that because we leave for Florida in a week and a half.
    Srixon Z785 9.5° HC HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 76
    Srixon F85 15° GD Tour AD DI-6s
    Srixon Z H85 19° Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 85
    Srixon Z565 4 KBS Tour FLT S
    Srixon Z745 5-PW KBS Tour R+
    Titleist Vokey SM4 50°
    Titleist Vokey SM4 54°
    Taylormade HI-Toe 58°
    Scotty Cameron California Monterey 1.5 Stability Shaft
    DRRicks wrote:

Dizz wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

But yours is ill-formed.

There is a lot of solid offerings out from many different vendors. To say one is head and shoulders above the others is nothing more than myopic thinking based on your own bias.

TM does not own the wedge space, they're not even close. The hi-toe is a nice product but they're not head and shoulders above anyone in wedges, putters or hybrids. Drivers I tend to agree, fairways are many different good options, and irons, ignoring solid stuff from Srixon and others from the past few years is just silly.

Last year the Epic caught up to TM, I don't know how the Rogue is.
    Cleveland RTX 54/58
    TaylorMade HiToe 64
    Anser wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

Dizz wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

But yours is ill-formed.

There is a lot of solid offerings out from many different vendors. To say one is head and shoulders above the others is nothing more than myopic thinking based on your own bias.

TM does not own the wedge space, they're not even close. The hi-toe is a nice product but they're not head and shoulders above anyone in wedges, putters or hybrids. Drivers I tend to agree, fairways are many different good options, and irons, ignoring solid stuff from Srixon and others from the past few years is just silly.

Now that I’ve read your wise words, I realize that I’ve been wrong. You, as always, know everything.

That’s what you were hoping I’d write, correct?
    edited May 15, 2018 #162
    DRRicks wrote:

Anser wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

Dizz wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

But yours is ill-formed.

Now that I’ve read your wise words, I realize that I’ve been wrong. You, as always, know everything.

You can write anything you want it's clear you don't mind being wrong.

All major oem golf equipment is good now, the heads are all made in the same places and the same processes are used to build components into completed clubs.
    Cleveland RTX 54/58
    TaylorMade HiToe 64
    Anser wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

Anser wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

Dizz wrote:

But yours is ill-formed.

You can write anything you want it's clear you don't mind being wrong.

All major oem golf equipment is good now, the heads are all made in the same places and the same processes are used to build components into completed clubs.

All made in the same place, huh? Cool. Look forward to seeing your bag of Tommy Armour equipment soon.