TaylorMade...King of Backorders

12346»
6

Comments

  • gmangolfgmangolf  1581WRX Points: 135Handicap: 2.5Members Posts: 1,581 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #152
    DRRicks wrote:


    TM's product is head and shoulders above everyone else's...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.




    Played TM for 10 years at least... definitely don't think the product is above everyone elses. Agree that they seem to have some business plan challenges.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • EKELLYEKELLY  2594WRX Points: 27Handicap: +2Members Posts: 2,594 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #153
    gmangolf wrote:

    DRRicks wrote:


    TM's product is head and shoulders above everyone else's...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.




    Played TM for 10 years at least... definitely don't think the product is above everyone elses. Agree that they seem to have some business plan challenges.
    Their woods are super, irons get a bogey, ball is a double. The game goes in trends, TM's is going downhill, Callaway uphill, Titleist and Mizuno are sitting at a table in the middle playing cards, drinking beer.
    Posted:
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJ 8089WRX Points: 1,343Handicap: +1.6 (1194646)Members Posts: 8,089 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #154
    EKELLY wrote:

    gmangolf wrote:

    DRRicks wrote:


    TM's product is head and shoulders above everyone else's...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.




    Played TM for 10 years at least... definitely don't think the product is above everyone elses. Agree that they seem to have some business plan challenges.
    Their woods are super, irons get a bogey, ball is a double. The game goes in trends, TM's is going downhill, Callaway uphill, Titleist and Mizuno are sitting at a table in the middle playing cards, drinking beer.
    the ball is far from a "double". take your hate elsewhere. seriously, go.



    all you do is hate in this thread. if you have nothing to say, go find somewhere else to instigate.
    Posted:

    Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set D/S) / Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

  • DRRicksDRRicks  2444WRX Points: 21Banned Posts: 2,444 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #155
    gioguy21 wrote:

    EKELLY wrote:

    gmangolf wrote:

    DRRicks wrote:


    TM's product is head and shoulders above everyone else's...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.




    Played TM for 10 years at least... definitely don't think the product is above everyone elses. Agree that they seem to have some business plan challenges.
    Their woods are super, irons get a bogey, ball is a double. The game goes in trends, TM's is going downhill, Callaway uphill, Titleist and Mizuno are sitting at a table in the middle playing cards, drinking beer.
    the ball is far from a "double". take your hate elsewhere. seriously, go.



    all you do is hate in this thread. if you have nothing to say, go find somewhere else to instigate.




    Exactly! The TP5 ball is REALLY good...certainly on a different level than the Chrome line.
    Posted:
  • AnserAnser  2224WRX Points: 136ClubWRX Posts: 2,224 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #156
    EKELLY wrote:

    gmangolf wrote:

    DRRicks wrote:


    TM's product is head and shoulders above everyone else's...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.




    Played TM for 10 years at least... definitely don't think the product is above everyone elses. Agree that they seem to have some business plan challenges.
    Their woods are super, irons get a bogey, ball is a double. The game goes in trends, TM's is going downhill, Callaway uphill, Titleist and Mizuno are sitting at a table in the middle playing cards, drinking beer.




    The 790 is better than anything in Callaway's stable and the ball is fantastic
    Posted:
    TM M4 D-Type 9.5 - Tour AD IZ 7s
    TM M4 3HL, 5 HL, Tour AD IZ 7s
    Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
    TM 790 6-AW, Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX 54/58
    TaylorMade HiToe 64
    Evnroll ER-5, Evnroll ER-2.1
  • DizzDizz J.W.  14258WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 14,258
    Joined:  #157
    DRRicks wrote:


    TM’s product is head and shoulders above everyone else’s...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.




    I don’t wanna be the bearer of bad news but there isnt a major OEM out there that’s “head and shoulders” better than the next one.
    Posted:
    XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
    X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
    716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
    Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
    Cameron Napa California @ 34"
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • DRRicksDRRicks  2444WRX Points: 21Banned Posts: 2,444 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #158
    Dizz wrote:

    DRRicks wrote:


    TM’s product is head and shoulders above everyone else’s...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.




    I don’t wanna be the bearer of bad news but there isnt a major OEM out there that’s “head and shoulders” better than the next one.




    Not “bad news”, just an opinion...like mine.
    Posted:
  • n_ronesn_rones New York 661WRX Points: 258Handicap: 4.2Members Posts: 661 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited May 15, 2018 #159
    A buddy got his M3 driver about a month ago after waiting 6 weeks for it to come in. 5th round in with it the head cracked after he hit a tee shot. He called Taylormade and they told him to go to the retailer he bought it from. He took it in for inspection and they told him they'd be sending him a new head and quoted him 3 weeks. Hopefully they get it here faster than that because we leave for Florida in a week and a half.
    Posted:
    Taylormade Sim 10.5° GD AD IZ 7x 45.25 inches
    Taylormade SimTI 3 wood 15° GD Tour AD DI-7x 43 inches
    Taylormade SimTI 5 wood 19° GD Tour AD Di 7x 42 inches
    Taylormade Sim Max Rescue 22° Fuji Pro 2.0 8x 39.75 inches
    Taylormade P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT 120
    Mizuno S18 50° 
    Titleist Vokey SM7 54°
    Taylormade Hi Toe 58°
    Taylormade Spider X copper single bend 35 inches
    -Pro V1x ball
  • AnserAnser  2224WRX Points: 136ClubWRX Posts: 2,224 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #160
    DRRicks wrote:

    Dizz wrote:

    DRRicks wrote:


    TM’s product is head and shoulders above everyone else’s...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.




    I don’t wanna be the bearer of bad news but there isnt a major OEM out there that’s “head and shoulders” better than the next one.




    Not “bad news”, just an opinion...like mine.




    But yours is ill-formed.



    There is a lot of solid offerings out from many different vendors. To say one is head and shoulders above the others is nothing more than myopic thinking based on your own bias.



    TM does not own the wedge space, they're not even close. The hi-toe is a nice product but they're not head and shoulders above anyone in wedges, putters or hybrids. Drivers I tend to agree, fairways are many different good options, and irons, ignoring solid stuff from Srixon and others from the past few years is just silly.



    Last year the Epic caught up to TM, I don't know how the Rogue is.
    Posted:
    TM M4 D-Type 9.5 - Tour AD IZ 7s
    TM M4 3HL, 5 HL, Tour AD IZ 7s
    Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
    TM 790 6-AW, Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX 54/58
    TaylorMade HiToe 64
    Evnroll ER-5, Evnroll ER-2.1
  • DRRicksDRRicks  2444WRX Points: 21Banned Posts: 2,444 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #161
    Anser wrote:

    DRRicks wrote:

    Dizz wrote:

    DRRicks wrote:


    TM’s product is head and shoulders above everyone else’s...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.




    I don’t wanna be the bearer of bad news but there isnt a major OEM out there that’s “head and shoulders” better than the next one.




    Not “bad news”, just an opinion...like mine.




    But yours is ill-formed.



    There is a lot of solid offerings out from many different vendors. To say one is head and shoulders above the others is nothing more than myopic thinking based on your own bias.



    TM does not own the wedge space, they're not even close. The hi-toe is a nice product but they're not head and shoulders above anyone in wedges, putters or hybrids. Drivers I tend to agree, fairways are many different good options, and irons, ignoring solid stuff from Srixon and others from the past few years is just silly.



    Last year the Epic caught up to TM, I don't know how the Rogue is.




    Now that I’ve read your wise words, I realize that I’ve been wrong. You, as always, know everything.



    That’s what you were hoping I’d write, correct?
    Posted:
  • AnserAnser  2224WRX Points: 136ClubWRX Posts: 2,224 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited May 15, 2018 #162
    DRRicks wrote:

    Anser wrote:

    DRRicks wrote:

    Dizz wrote:

    DRRicks wrote:


    TM’s product is head and shoulders above everyone else’s...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.




    I don’t wanna be the bearer of bad news but there isnt a major OEM out there that’s “head and shoulders” better than the next one.




    Not “bad news”, just an opinion...like mine.




    But yours is ill-formed.



    There is a lot of solid offerings out from many different vendors. To say one is head and shoulders above the others is nothing more than myopic thinking based on your own bias.



    TM does not own the wedge space, they're not even close. The hi-toe is a nice product but they're not head and shoulders above anyone in wedges, putters or hybrids. Drivers I tend to agree, fairways are many different good options, and irons, ignoring solid stuff from Srixon and others from the past few years is just silly.



    Last year the Epic caught up to TM, I don't know how the Rogue is.




    Now that I’ve read your wise words, I realize that I’ve been wrong. You, as always, know everything.



    That’s what you were hoping I’d write, correct?




    You can write anything you want it's clear you don't mind being wrong.



    All major oem golf equipment is good now, the heads are all made in the same places and the same processes are used to build components into completed clubs.
    Posted:
    TM M4 D-Type 9.5 - Tour AD IZ 7s
    TM M4 3HL, 5 HL, Tour AD IZ 7s
    Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
    TM 790 6-AW, Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX 54/58
    TaylorMade HiToe 64
    Evnroll ER-5, Evnroll ER-2.1
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • DRRicksDRRicks  2444WRX Points: 21Banned Posts: 2,444 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #163
    Anser wrote:

    DRRicks wrote:

    Anser wrote:

    DRRicks wrote:

    Dizz wrote:






    I don’t wanna be the bearer of bad news but there isnt a major OEM out there that’s “head and shoulders” better than the next one.




    Not “bad news”, just an opinion...like mine.




    But yours is ill-formed.



    There is a lot of solid offerings out from many different vendors. To say one is head and shoulders above the others is nothing more than myopic thinking based on your own bias.



    TM does not own the wedge space, they're not even close. The hi-toe is a nice product but they're not head and shoulders above anyone in wedges, putters or hybrids. Drivers I tend to agree, fairways are many different good options, and irons, ignoring solid stuff from Srixon and others from the past few years is just silly.



    Last year the Epic caught up to TM, I don't know how the Rogue is.




    Now that I’ve read your wise words, I realize that I’ve been wrong. You, as always, know everything.



    That’s what you were hoping I’d write, correct?




    You can write anything you want it's clear you don't mind being wrong.



    All major oem golf equipment is good now, the heads are all made in the same places and the same processes are used to build components into completed clubs.




    All made in the same place, huh? Cool. Look forward to seeing your bag of Tommy Armour equipment soon.
    Posted:
6

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.