Breakthrough Golf Technology (CEO Barney Adams) Stability putter shafts

167891012»

Comments

• Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,172 ✭✭
    I got fit into my Juno on Quintic and I was constantly striking center, although my face was closing a little fast and putting a touch of hook spin on the ball. I think I actually holed all my putts with the Juno from 10ft except for one... so it was an extremely good fit for me. My fitter suggested I don't really even need Stab. shaft... but I worry more on lag putts on big greens where I've got 40 and 50 footers where I miss strike it and come up really short.

For guys who strike putts on center most of the time 10ft and in... still worth?
    WITB
    DRIVER MIA
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge (Hi Toe 58 KBS Wedge in test)
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• SwingBluesSwingBlues We are the Old Dark Navy Blues Members Posts: 3,437 ✭✭
    Z1ggy16 wrote:

I got fit into my Juno on Quintic and I was constantly striking center, although my face was closing a little fast and putting a touch of hook spin on the ball. I think I actually holed all my putts with the Juno from 10ft except for one... so it was an extremely good fit for me. My fitter suggested I don't really even need Stab. shaft... but I worry more on lag putts on big greens where I've got 40 and 50 footers where I miss strike it and come up really short.

For guys who strike putts on center most of the time 10ft and in... still worth?

had mine since thanksgiving. for me, 10ft and in, its the same. however, where it pays dividends for me are the medium to long range putts, ball burn the hole or in. last saturday, drilled in a right to left curler from 48 ft for a birdie - blew my foursome away. On long range putts, I don't feel as the impact is as soft with the original shaft, Stability is more stiff. i know its also more accurate than my old shaft. Putting is the least worked part of my game, its very stable and reliable and I know my DF putter will do it's job. Confidence, you betcha.

All up, if you have distance control issues over long putts, this shaft will help alot and it will go where you aim as well.
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero 9*, Fujikura Ventus 6-S finished 44.5"
    Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105 with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips
    Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
    Directed Force Reno "2.05" with BGT Stability shaft (Presse V tweaked)

Ball: Srixon XV
    Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!
  • PedronNiallPedronNiall Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭
    Lot of great information here, but disconcerting to see that not even the company offered definitive feedback from testing to support all the claims. Anecdotally I can believe in the claimed improvement on longer putts and maybe reduced deflection on miss hits, just a bit strange to see a thread go on this long without numbers posted. I went for a SAM analysis before getting my putter setup adjusted and the before and after numbers bore out that the length, grip, weighting, and counterweighting changes that were suggested by trying different tweaks were worthwhile. Again, just weird to see so many testimonials but so few numbers when people clamor so much when anyone suggests iron or driver shaft changes based on the old eye Trackman.

That said, the shaft just doesn't suit my eye on top of everything else so I just can't see the worth in spending so much when an X100 or the like will produce the same benefit and not look so out of sorts.

In all seriousness, when I can setup a lab session for myself with a few days notice if not sooner is there a real reason we shouldn't have solid data by now? Curious as to why no one who pulled the trigger on this hasn't taken on any kind of metered testing other than the mention of one session going back and forth on 10' putts. Someone get on it, this is exactly what this site is all about =p
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,040 ✭✭
    edited Feb 1, 2019 6:50am #335
    Biggest reason for no data is everyone doesn’t have a Sam lab nearby. It’s not close to as accessible as trackman or flightscope.

That and these shafts can’t be bought unless you send your putter in . Several roadblocks to purchase and for testing on a sim.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • Duffer222Duffer222 Members Posts: 365 ✭✭
    edited Feb 2, 2019 8:58am #336

Biggest reason for no data is everyone doesn’t have a Sam lab nearby. It’s not close to as accessible as trackman or flightscope.

That and these shafts can’t be bought unless you send your putter in . Several roadblocks to purchase and for testing on a sim.

I hear what you’re saying, but the manufacturer could have put out some meaningful data at this point and they simply haven’t done so. The people giving this thread data, have no substance in it either, you hear they like it, it feels good when I waggle it, and one member tested it with putts inside 10 feet to 50 feet and says “no real difference inside 10’, but made a 48’ left to right that amazed his partners. That’s all fine and dandy, but it’s also meaningless without substantial and meaningful data to back it up.

It’s very suspect that Barney Adams et al, still have no comparison data between this shaft and any other.
    Driver - Cobra F9 10.5 w/ Speeder 661 EVO III
    Fairway - Cobra F9 14.5 w/ Atmos TS 7s blue
    Fairway - Callaway XR Steelhead 5 w/ Atmos TS 7s red
    Hybrid - Mizuno MP CLK-H (Japan only) 24* - TENSEI CK Pro Blue 80h
    Irons - Yamaha ‘15 RMX CB Tour - 5-P w/ Mitsubishi OT 100’s
    Wedge - Titleist Vokey WedgeWorks 54° w/ Mitsubishi OT 100
    Wedge - Titleist Vokey WedgeWorks 60° w/ Mitsubishi OT 100
    Putter - Odyssey EXO 7s 34”
    Ball - Callaway ERC / TaylorMade TP5

Full time walker w/ my SM 3.5 LS on my back
  • Duffer222Duffer222 Members Posts: 365 ✭✭

Dylan Meyer knows what’s up. Here comes the wave 🌊

Much like the midterms.... still waiting for that wave.
    Driver - Cobra F9 10.5 w/ Speeder 661 EVO III
    Fairway - Cobra F9 14.5 w/ Atmos TS 7s blue
    Fairway - Callaway XR Steelhead 5 w/ Atmos TS 7s red
    Hybrid - Mizuno MP CLK-H (Japan only) 24* - TENSEI CK Pro Blue 80h
    Irons - Yamaha ‘15 RMX CB Tour - 5-P w/ Mitsubishi OT 100’s
    Wedge - Titleist Vokey WedgeWorks 54° w/ Mitsubishi OT 100
    Wedge - Titleist Vokey WedgeWorks 60° w/ Mitsubishi OT 100
    Putter - Odyssey EXO 7s 34”
    Ball - Callaway ERC / TaylorMade TP5

Full time walker w/ my SM 3.5 LS on my back
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX Posts: 2,178 ClubWRX
    Seems like a key concept of the Odyssey Stroke Lab putters is similar, but accomplished in a different way. That line has a much stiffer shaft as well, with less torque, but is actually lighter than a standard steel putter shaft, with more weight in the head, grip and in the shaft. (Your basic Edel fitting, which is a compliment.)

I kind of want to try them both. The Odysseys are getting strong reviews for feeling great, the Stability Shaft for feeling solid. I think it’s great that companies are trying different approaches to improve putter stability. I really like the way Edel putters feel with their approach to fitting, so I may like the Stroke Labs better, but Steve Johnson on Hank Haney’s show can’t stop raving about the Stability shaft.
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • nmpete11nmpete11 Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Just sent in my putter. Can't wait to try it out.
    [font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Callaway Rogue SZ 9* / Fujikura Pro 2.0 6X[/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Taylormade 2017 M2 Tour 15* / Kuro Kage 70 X[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Mizuno [/font]MP 18 Fli-Hi 2 / Graphite Design Tour AD DI (testing for fun)[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Taylormade p790 3 / [/background][/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Graphite Design Tour AD DI[/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Cobra King CB (4-6) MB (7-9) / DG X100[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Titleist SM6 48/54/60 / Vokey Wedge Flex[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Evnroll ER2[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Taylormade TP5x[/background][/font]
  • rmyoung88rmyoung88 Members Posts: 27 ✭✭
    I can give my 2 cents, as I just had one installed on my putter.

It will significantly change the feel and the head-weight of your putter. Mine's went from D2 to E8 (I believe) so the head feels much heavier. However, the shaft is much stiffer.

The only way I can equate it is, swing a regular flex driver for a bit, then stick a x flex shaft in the driver head. Every putt comes off feeling firm and straight. Also probably helps that the head is heavier, so it takes less effort to get the ball going farther (but I have yet to put it in play).

I wasn't able to tell the difference until I put the shaft in my putter. Trying it out with different putters I've never rolled before didn't give me much feedback.

Hope this helps
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX Posts: 2,178 ClubWRX
    rmyoung88 wrote:

I can give my 2 cents, as I just had one installed on my putter.

It will significantly change the feel and the head-weight of your putter. Mine's went from D2 to E8 (I believe) so the head feels much heavier. However, the shaft is much stiffer.

The only way I can equate it is, swing a regular flex driver for a bit, then stick a x flex shaft in the driver head. Every putt comes off feeling firm and straight. Also probably helps that the head is heavier, so it takes less effort to get the ball going farther (but I have yet to put it in play).

I wasn't able to tell the difference until I put the shaft in my putter. Trying it out with different putters I've never rolled before didn't give me much feedback.

Hope this helps

I tried the Stroke Lab yesterday and did not like the feel with the stock oversized grip. It made the rest of the putter — the head and the shaft — feel very light. Now maybe that changes with a different grip, but I would not want a Stroke Lab in its standard configuration. It seemed like a lot of weight concentrated in the hands. I think the Edel putters, which use a similar concept but with a standard putter shaft, have much better balance.

But I really like the Tuttle head. It would seem strange to buy a Stroke Lab putter and then take it apart but I wonder if the Tuttle head mignt be better with a stability shaft. You do notice the lighter shaft with the Stroke Lab. I think I respond better to the opposite —a heavier, more solid shaft.

Tbe Tuttle did not feel like a 365 gram putter head. I did like several of the Stroke Lab heads — the Tuttle, V-line, One and Three were nice. And I know WRXers like to call for the return of the white hot, but I think the EXO and Stroke Lab insert is fantastic. Basically a hybrid of white hot and microhinge.

Stoke Lab and Stabilty take opposite approaches in terms of shaft weignt. I’d like to try a Stability shaft to compare.
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • gibbyfangibbyfan Members Posts: 1,187 ✭✭
    I just got my Stability shaft yesterday. After reinstalling my grip is felt really good, but the heavier grip threw off the weight of the head. I think that I am going to need to add a little weight to the putter head to get it up a couple of points. The sound and feel of the putter, after rolling a few putts, felt more solid and softer as well. This should be taken with a grain of salt because this is on an indoor putting mat. Ill have to wait a couple of weeks to try this out on real grass.
  • rmyoung88rmyoung88 Members Posts: 27 ✭✭
    gibbyfan wrote:

I just got my Stability shaft yesterday. After reinstalling my grip is felt really good, but the heavier grip threw off the weight of the head. I think that I am going to need to add a little weight to the putter head to get it up a couple of points. The sound and feel of the putter, after rolling a few putts, felt more solid and softer as well. This should be taken with a grain of salt because this is on an indoor putting mat. Ill have to wait a couple of weeks to try this out on real grass.

@ Gibby, did you measure the swing weight before and after? There is no way (even with a heavier grip) that the swing weight should have become lighter after installing the stability shaft. It might just be that your grip is much larger, taking some of the feel of the putter out.

I noticed a change like this when I took off the stock grip on my Edel putter and put a super stroke slim 3.0. Even though the grip is probably lighter, it made the club head feel less stable because it felt much bigger than the bladed head.
  • gibbyfangibbyfan Members Posts: 1,187 ✭✭
    rmyoung88 wrote:

gibbyfan wrote:

@ Gibby, did you measure the swing weight before and after? There is no way (even with a heavier grip) that the swing weight should have become lighter after installing the stability shaft. It might just be that your grip is much larger, taking some of the feel of the putter out.

I noticed a change like this when I took off the stock grip on my Edel putter and put a super stroke slim 3.0. Even though the grip is probably lighter, it made the club head feel less stable because it felt much bigger than the bladed head.

In fairness, no I don't have the swing weight nor static weight. I guess I could inquire with Bettinardi to get it sent to me. I am not sure is the swing weight is that different, it is just the way it feels when I am putting around in the basement. I think that I am just looking for the right feel in my hands when I am putting.
  • Golfer from MOGolfer from MO Members Posts: 976 ✭✭
    edited Mar 13, 2019 11:29am #345
    Just got mine installed from club champion and rolls a little tighter, online and midrange putts are closer (10-20ft). I did about 3hrs of testing between with and without stability shaft before taking plunge. After my testing I'm surprised they dont release more data because its definitely better. I know, not feel;I'll make more putts this year.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    ALL LEFTY -
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue SZ 9* Hzrdus t1100 75 6.5
    PING G400 LST 8.5 version GD p9003tx, [/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cally[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Epic Flash SZ 13.5 smoke 80 6.5 shaft (107g)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cally Apex 18 Ut nunchuck shaft
    Mizuno 900 forged 4-gw X100 hardstepped
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist Vokey black SM5 54/58 s400[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Odyssey[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] O works 1 wide 33.5in[/font]
    Ball - Tp5/Tp5x

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The Our WRXer[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Our WRXer, Who art on Golfworks, hallowed be Thy game; Thy A-game come, Thy eagles be done on the course as it is in the General Forum. Give us this day our daily bird; and forgive us our slow play as we forgive those who slow play in front of us; and lead us not into early extension, but deliver us from triples. Amen. [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Written by:[/font]DeNinny
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I am interested in buying a putter which has this shaft installed. But the "ferrule" connecting the steel part and the graphite part is golden and not silver. Does anyone know the difference?
    Callaway Gbb Epic Forged 9.5°
    TM M2 DF 16.5° 
    Honma TW737 FWc 21° 
    TM RSI UDI 3 
    TM 2011 MC Onset 4-PW
    Cobra King Pur 54°/ Vokey Proto 60°
    TW Ardmore
  • Golfer from MOGolfer from MO Members Posts: 976 ✭✭

Just got mine installed from club champion and rolls a little tighter, online and midrange putts are closer (10-20ft). I did about 3hrs of testing between with and without stability shaft before taking plunge. After my testing I'm surprised they dont release more data because its definitely better. I know, not feel;I'll make more putts this year.

Putting update with stability shaft.

2 rounds and 2 course practice sessions in; I've put my finger on it more. The ball holds the line better, shaft is lighter than steel and must be counter balanced as it delivers the head to the ball smoother/more consistently. The slight miss also goes in, that put you toe a tad well it travels on line enough to sneak in the side. That's where it wins, a few more dropping you should've missed and confidence in line and less fear of comebacker allows you to attack more.

Just my update this far, hot topic and great question- does it work? T scores will let me know for sure image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    ALL LEFTY -
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue SZ 9* Hzrdus t1100 75 6.5
    PING G400 LST 8.5 version GD p9003tx, [/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cally[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Epic Flash SZ 13.5 smoke 80 6.5 shaft (107g)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cally Apex 18 Ut nunchuck shaft
    Mizuno 900 forged 4-gw X100 hardstepped
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist Vokey black SM5 54/58 s400[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Odyssey[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] O works 1 wide 33.5in[/font]
    Ball - Tp5/Tp5x

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The Our WRXer[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Our WRXer, Who art on Golfworks, hallowed be Thy game; Thy A-game come, Thy eagles be done on the course as it is in the General Forum. Give us this day our daily bird; and forgive us our slow play as we forgive those who slow play in front of us; and lead us not into early extension, but deliver us from triples. Amen. [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Written by:[/font]DeNinny
  • owu23owu23 Members Posts: 52 ✭✭
    I got a Stability shaft installed in my Evnroll ER5 at 35 inches with a Gravity putter grip.

I have no scientific evidence to prove numbers but overall, it feels completely different vs the regular steel shaft in that putter.

In indoor putting, I have noticed the biggest difference in mid-long range putts where there is a bit more of a 'hit". The putter just does not twist and 'feel' the putter face more square.

I have to test it on outdoor greens when the weather improves; however, the swing weight feels very different too (more weight in the head)
    Guys with this shaft installed who game "normal" weight blade putter - You finding much difference in results/feel? My Juno head is 345g.
    WITB
    DRIVER MIA
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• NWS AlpineNWS Alpine Members Posts: 2,608 ✭✭
    Z1ggy16 wrote:

Guys with this shaft installed who game "normal" weight blade putter - You finding much difference in results/feel? My Juno head is 345g.

Yes. Feel is fantastic. Performance not much different on short puts but mid and long puts it feels better. I have one on my Machine M1A that I currently have at 345g and 35”. My putter has deep milling and is carbon steel so it has a perfect muted but solid feel.
  • n_ronesn_rones Members Posts: 500 ✭✭
    TXG has a video going up today comparing this shaft to the stroke lab should be an interesting one.
    Srixon Z785 9.5° HC HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 76
    Srixon F85 15° GD Tour AD DI-6s
    Srixon Z H85 19° Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 85
    Srixon Z565 4 KBS Tour FLT S
    Srixon Z745 5-PW KBS Tour R+
    Titleist Vokey SM4 50°
    Titleist Vokey SM4 54°
    Taylormade HI-Toe 58°
    Scotty Cameron California Monterey 1.5 Stability Shaft
    Nice. Yeah my typical putter miss is on the longer putts I tend to strike toward the toe which kills my line and distance. I've always felt it's an obvious advantage to have this shaft for heavier/larger MOI mallets but I was never sure about it on a smaller/lighter blade.
    WITB
    DRIVER MIA
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• SwingBluesSwingBlues We are the Old Dark Navy Blues Members Posts: 3,437 ✭✭
    Here ya go...

Callaway Epic Flash SubZero 9*, Fujikura Ventus 6-S finished 44.5"
    Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105 with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips
    Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
    Directed Force Reno "2.05" with BGT Stability shaft (Presse V tweaked)

Ball: Srixon XV
    Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!
  • baloobaloo A Person Members Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    How fast do you swing a putter? Like 5 mph if it's into the wind?? So glad someone finally built a shaft that can withstand my vicious transition move on the greens...
    Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
    2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
    SW - Wilson Staff
    Putter - Bullseye
    Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf
    It's not about the swing, it's the twisting at impact on miss hits.

Side question, anybody put in something like project x 7.0 or c taper x in their putter?
    WITB
    DRIVER MIA
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

167891012»