Bomber_11 WITB 2018 (Greyson/Seamus/Jones/ButtonBack/PIC HEAVY)

124

Comments

  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,527 ClubWRX
    ddetts wrote:

    Bomber_11 wrote:


    New wedges, same mediocre wedge game image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />







    How do you like the Pro+? I've been playing for about a year and really like it. I can't say I've been on a launch monitor to really know if I've lost or gained anything, but all my distances and spin still seem the same to what I was getting from other premium brands.




    Hey dude - just realized I never got back to you.



    I really like the Pro+, I'd put them right on par with TP5, Pro V1, etc.



    The only ball I like more than the Pro Plus is the Nike Rzn Dot Platinum image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> but sadly I had to eventually find a replacement for those - which is shaping up to be the Pro+
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy SoDakClubWRX Posts: 1,438 ClubWRX
    Bomber_11 wrote:

    ddetts wrote:

    Bomber_11 wrote:


    New wedges, same mediocre wedge game image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />







    How do you like the Pro+? I've been playing for about a year and really like it. I can't say I've been on a launch monitor to really know if I've lost or gained anything, but all my distances and spin still seem the same to what I was getting from other premium brands.




    Hey dude - just realized I never got back to you.



    I really like the Pro+, I'd put them right on par with TP5, Pro V1, etc.



    The only ball I like more than the Pro Plus is the Nike Rzn Dot Platinum image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> but sadly I had to eventually find a replacement for those - which is shaping up to be the Pro+




    In another thread, a user with similar swing speeds and distances as me said they liked the Soft better for feel and had about 10 more yards driver distance. I'm going to have to give it a try.

    > See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
    TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

    Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
  • schimmelschimmel Members Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Bomber_11 wrote:

    schimmel wrote:


    how does the m3 460 perform compared to the 440 and rogue sz for you?




    I found the M3 440 and Rogue SZ to spin a little less than M3 460, but neither had as good of feel or forgiveness in comparison to M3 460.



    Rogue SZ was probably longest of the pack when you hit one dead nuts center, but mishits seemed to be punished considerably more w/ Rogue SZ and M3 440.



    I'm glad I tried M3 460 because I almost wrote it off after trying 440. Very pleasantly surprised by this club image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    thanks for the feedback, nice gear and thread you got over here
  • TaterWoods22TaterWoods22 Members Posts: 14 ✭✭
    As a fellow Koepka fan, I wish I could get those 900 tours, a vapor fly pro or a button back in left hand. Awesome bag easily my favorite on this site.
    My Bag
    Driver Ping G400 Max 9.5*- Diamana D+ 72x
    3 wood Nike Vapor Fly 14*- Diamana D+ Ltd 80x
    Hybrid Titleist 910h 18.25*- Diamana S+ 82x
    4 iron Ping i200- C-taper 130x
    5-P Ping iBlade- C-taper 130x
    Wedges Vokey SM6 Raw 50F/54S/60S- C-taper 125s+ Limited Gunmetal
    Putter Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    Ball Titleist Pro v1
    Bag Nike Vapor RZN Staff Bag/Nike Vapor X White/Black/Volt
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,527 ClubWRX


    As a fellow Koepka fan, I wish I could get those 900 tours, a vapor fly pro or a button back in left hand. Awesome bag easily my favorite on this site.




    Thanks dude!
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,527 ClubWRX
    More solid time spent at the range!



    I've gone (11) consecutive 9-hole stretches without finishing over par - so the game is coming together really well. (married w/ kids so most of my golf is 9 holes at a time) image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />



    It helps to get a birdie and say "ok now lets go get more" instead of birdie-ing then feeling like you have a cushion to play with.



    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members Posts: 5,083 ✭✭
    you liking the 900 tours better than the blade sets you were playing?
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,527 ClubWRX
    Redjeep83 wrote:


    you liking the 900 tours better than the blade sets you were playing?




    They're a little softer at impact than the Callaway or Taylormade blades were - but overall forgiveness/performance they're very comparable.



    Lots of people go into it thinking JPX900 Tour's are going to be a compact yet forgiving combo - and they're compact and essentially as forgiving as an MB.



    I warn/educate as many people as i can, because it takes top level ball striking to maximize the performance of these.



    that being said, if you have the needed skillset then they're absolutely money. I actually enjoy opportunities to pull the long irons out because I can hit shots on an absolute string with these.
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members Posts: 5,083 ✭✭
    Bomber_11 wrote:

    Redjeep83 wrote:


    you liking the 900 tours better than the blade sets you were playing?




    They're a little softer at impact than the Callaway or Taylormade blades were - but overall forgiveness/performance they're very comparable.



    Lots of people go into it thinking JPX900 Tour's are going to be a compact yet forgiving combo - and they're compact and essentially as forgiving as an MB.



    I warn/educate as many people as i can, because it takes top level ball striking to maximize the performance of these.



    that being said, if you have the needed skillset then they're absolutely money. I actually enjoy opportunities to pull the long irons out because I can hit shots on an absolute string with these.




    I demoed the 6 iron all the time last year but never pulled the trigger on them over the iblades I've got, probably should have. You ever compare them to the mp 18 blades?
  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 8,785 ClubWRX
    How are those p730's? If they came in satin, I would have a set already.
  • Gtyler14Gtyler14 Members Posts: 634 ✭✭
    Bomber_11 wrote:

    Redjeep83 wrote:


    you liking the 900 tours better than the blade sets you were playing?




    They're a little softer at impact than the Callaway or Taylormade blades were - but overall forgiveness/performance they're very comparable.



    Lots of people go into it thinking JPX900 Tour's are going to be a compact yet forgiving combo - and they're compact and essentially as forgiving as an MB.



    I warn/educate as many people as i can, because it takes top level ball striking to maximize the performance of these.



    that being said, if you have the needed skillset then they're absolutely money. I actually enjoy opportunities to pull the long irons out because I can hit shots on an absolute string with these.




    I loved the feel of the 900 tours. When I went and got fitted last year it was down to the p750 and the 900 tour but the 750 edged them out but I absolutely loved the feel of them. Could of went with them and would of been just as happy.
    Tour issue M4 8.5 w/ Kuro Kage dual core 70TX tipped 1” 44”
    Tour issue M1 T3 14.3 Kuro Kage dual core 80TX tipped 1 42.5” or Diamana bf 80TX tipped 1
    Tour issue TM m1 3HL 17.8 fujikura p95x tipped 1 41.75”
    TM 790 UDI x100 39.75
    TM 750 tour Proto 4-pw tour issue x100
    TM MG AB 54 Tour issue x100
    TM MG AB 60 tour issue x100
    Nike method 001
    Scotty Cameron select Newport 2
  • Jeffyr11Jeffyr11 Denver, COMembers Posts: 604 ✭✭
    Bomber_11 wrote:

    Jeffyr11 wrote:


    I have been resisting going to the Vapor Fly. What are your thoughts in comparison to the 790 that you had earlier in the year?




    I like it a lot more so far, but I think that has more to do w/ the shaft than the head. The P790 and Vapor Fly Pro are pretty comparable on feel (maybe slightly softer and less clicky w/ Nike) but the Tensei Pro White 90TX was a little stout/boardy/low launch for what I was looking for.



    As strictly a tee-shot club, the P790 + Tensei combo was stellar. But I like my driving iron to also be somehting i can play from 245 out on a par 5 and land soft, and the P790 just didn't do that for me. The NIke Vapor Fly Pro w/ AD-95X hits a massive peak height and lands like a butterfly - but is also versatile enough to hit a mid-launch bullet off the tee box.




    I pulled the trigger on the Vapor Fly Pro and it is exactly as you described. Soft of the face, gets up in the air, lands soft.



    Thanks again.
    Taylor Made M2 10.5* w/ Diamana D+ Limited Edition 70 TX
    Taylor Made M2 Tour 15* w/ Diamana D+ Limited Edition 80 TX
    PXG 0317 19* w/ Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro (4) w/ Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour (5-P) w/ Project X LZ 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/ 54M/ 58M w/ DG TI Black X100
    PXG Bat Attack H Murdered Out
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,527 ClubWRX
    Jeffyr11 wrote:

    Bomber_11 wrote:

    Jeffyr11 wrote:


    I have been resisting going to the Vapor Fly. What are your thoughts in comparison to the 790 that you had earlier in the year?




    I like it a lot more so far, but I think that has more to do w/ the shaft than the head. The P790 and Vapor Fly Pro are pretty comparable on feel (maybe slightly softer and less clicky w/ Nike) but the Tensei Pro White 90TX was a little stout/boardy/low launch for what I was looking for.



    As strictly a tee-shot club, the P790 + Tensei combo was stellar. But I like my driving iron to also be somehting i can play from 245 out on a par 5 and land soft, and the P790 just didn't do that for me. The NIke Vapor Fly Pro w/ AD-95X hits a massive peak height and lands like a butterfly - but is also versatile enough to hit a mid-launch bullet off the tee box.




    I pulled the trigger on the Vapor Fly Pro and it is exactly as you described. Soft of the face, gets up in the air, lands soft.



    Thanks again.
    .



    That's awesome! Your bag looks great - you should definitely post a WITB on here (if you have already send me the link).



    How do you like the Pro 95 Tour Spec X in your Vapor Fly Pro? I enjoy this graphite design but man can it get loose if I'm not careful.
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,527 ClubWRX
    kekoa wrote:


    How are those p730's? If they came in satin, I would have a set already.




    They're great irons - IMO probably the most surprising blade of 2018 (MP18, 718MB, Apex MB, etc.) simply because Taylormade has always been the distance iron company, and i didn't think they could come out of the gate (after not making a true blade since 2014) and deliver a set of irons like these.



    You can have them satin! Just take a scotchbrite pad and rub them over and over in the same direction and you'll get a nice dulling of the color and they'll look like they came factory like that.
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • Jeffyr11Jeffyr11 Denver, COMembers Posts: 604 ✭✭
    edited Jul 24, 2018 #106
    Bomber_11 wrote:

    Jeffyr11 wrote:

    Bomber_11 wrote:

    Jeffyr11 wrote:


    I have been resisting going to the Vapor Fly. What are your thoughts in comparison to the 790 that you had earlier in the year?




    I like it a lot more so far, but I think that has more to do w/ the shaft than the head. The P790 and Vapor Fly Pro are pretty comparable on feel (maybe slightly softer and less clicky w/ Nike) but the Tensei Pro White 90TX was a little stout/boardy/low launch for what I was looking for.



    As strictly a tee-shot club, the P790 + Tensei combo was stellar. But I like my driving iron to also be somehting i can play from 245 out on a par 5 and land soft, and the P790 just didn't do that for me. The NIke Vapor Fly Pro w/ AD-95X hits a massive peak height and lands like a butterfly - but is also versatile enough to hit a mid-launch bullet off the tee box.




    I pulled the trigger on the Vapor Fly Pro and it is exactly as you described. Soft of the face, gets up in the air, lands soft.



    Thanks again.
    .



    That's awesome! Your bag looks great - you should definitely post a WITB on here (if you have already send me the link).



    How do you like the Pro 95 Tour Spec X in your Vapor Fly Pro? I enjoy this graphite design but man can it get loose if I'm not careful.




    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1670756-2018-whats-in-the-bag-jeffyr11/



    I had the same troubles with the ADDI and had to get rid of it. The Kuro Kage proto 100 was good but the Pro 95 is by far the best. Great weight, can go after it without worrying about losing either way. Great shaft, highly recommend. It turned into my favorite club in the bag after 3 rounds with it.



    And Koepka is playing it, so you know it is good lol.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Taylor Made M2 10.5* w/ Diamana D+ Limited Edition 70 TX
    Taylor Made M2 Tour 15* w/ Diamana D+ Limited Edition 80 TX
    PXG 0317 19* w/ Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro (4) w/ Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour (5-P) w/ Project X LZ 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/ 54M/ 58M w/ DG TI Black X100
    PXG Bat Attack H Murdered Out
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,527 ClubWRX
    Added a couple of new goodies this week image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />



    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,527 ClubWRX
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • TexasCarlosTexasCarlos Unregistered Posts: 861 ✭✭
    Bomber_11 wrote:






    Putter and Irons both in BOMB condition, great pickups right there!
    G400 LST
    TM SLDR TS
    Apex UT 18'
    Apex MB 18'
    RTX 2.0 Raw
    Ping Anser Milled
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,527 ClubWRX
    Omitted my buddies faces since they're not active Wrx members image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />



    Took home more hardware image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />



    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,024 ✭✭
    Congrats!
    Callaway Gbb Epic Forged 9.5°
    TM M2 DF 16.5° 
    Honma TW737 FWc 21° 
    TM RSI UDI 3 
    TM 2011 MC Onset 4-PW
    Cobra King Pur 54°/ Vokey Proto 60°
    TW Ardmore
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,527 ClubWRX
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,173 ✭✭
    How you liking the VRs compared to... I think you have gamed the Apex MB and also MP18s this year? Better hold on to those babies, they could be collectors items some day.
    WITB
    DRIVER MIA
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge (Hi Toe 58 KBS Wedge in test)
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

  • ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy SoDakClubWRX Posts: 1,438 ClubWRX
    Wow, those Nike VRs look sick. Do they have a satin finish or am I just seeing things?

    > See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
    TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

    Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
  • Porterm23Porterm23 ClubWRX Posts: 193 ✭✭
    I might have to game my 006 proto. It is kind of a waste having such a pretty putter sit in the closet.
    M1 440 9.5



    GBB Epic Sub-Zero 15



    Adams DHY 18



    TBD



    SM7 52 58



    Method 001



    ProV1x
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,527 ClubWRX
    ddetts wrote:


    Wow, those Nike VRs look sick. Do they have a satin finish or am I just seeing things?




    Nope you called it - they're the satin VR Pro's
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,527 ClubWRX
    Z1ggy16 wrote:


    How you liking the VRs compared to... I think you have gamed the Apex MB and also MP18s this year? Better hold on to those babies, they could be collectors items some day.




    Love the VR Pro's. I'm going to end up picking up some Vapor Pro's for the 3,4,5 irons just to give a hint of forgiveness (the VR pro 3-iron is unbelievably small).



    I've always really enjoyed Nike's equipment to be honest with you. The Apex MB's, P730's, and JPX900 Tour's were all great irons and probably from a performance standpoint, were almost identical to the VR Pro's. I just like the feel, look at address, spin, etc. that the Nike's consistently give me.
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy SoDakClubWRX Posts: 1,438 ClubWRX
    Bomber_11 wrote:

    ddetts wrote:


    Wow, those Nike VRs look sick. Do they have a satin finish or am I just seeing things?




    Nope you called it - they're the satin VR Pro's




    May I ask where you picked those up?

    > See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
    TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

    Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members Posts: 5,083 ✭✭
    bomber, you ever gamed the old callaway x prototype style irons (razr x mb etc)? Always thought those were a cool MB but never played a set of them. I've got a razr x mb 6 iron at home that I practice with though.
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,527 ClubWRX
    ddetts wrote:

    Bomber_11 wrote:

    ddetts wrote:


    Wow, those Nike VRs look sick. Do they have a satin finish or am I just seeing things?




    Nope you called it - they're the satin VR Pro's




    May I ask where you picked those up?




    You can find them on eBay from time to time - spanning anywhere from $600 to $3,500.



    Cheaper option is buy a used set of VR Pro's, take a coarse scotchbrite pad, and rub the heck out of them. It'll cause them to have a satin look.



    Used sets are going for around $350-$500 in good condition, not to mention that taking the flashy chrome finish off of them also gets rid of a lot of bag chatter.
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,527 ClubWRX
    Redjeep83 wrote:


    bomber, you ever gamed the old callaway x prototype style irons (razr x mb etc)? Always thought those were a cool MB but never played a set of them. I've got a razr x mb 6 iron at home that I practice with though.




    I can't say i have - I've only really been golfing since 2012 and my first set were Nike Slingshot 4D's. After that I had the 2014 Taylormade Tour Preferred MB's. I've never even owned a set of Callaway irons until my Apex MB's that I had earlier this year.
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
Sign In or Register to comment.