Bomber_11 WITB 2018 (Greyson/Seamus/Jones/ButtonBack/PIC HEAVY)

1235»

Comments

  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭
    Wow 6 years of golf and you are scratch, that's impressive. Did you have baseball/hockey/tennis experience prior? How much do you/have you practiced to go from what I assume would be starting off shooting 90s or 100's to 70s?
    WITB
    Epic SZ HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.5
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour 120 FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,531 ClubWRX
    Z1ggy16 wrote:


    Wow 6 years of golf and you are scratch, that's impressive. Did you have baseball/hockey/tennis experience prior? How much do you/have you practiced to go from what I assume would be starting off shooting 90s or 100's to 70s?




    My only real background is just heavily involved in football and track & field at a high level.



    When I was in college and got the strong desire for golf, I was getting up at 5:30am every morning to go golf before classes/practice. I did that for the better part of my first two years playing.



    Since then I've practiced a lot less, but studied the game a lot more. Course strategy, mental approach, and overall fitness. I have a 4 year old daughter and a 1 year old son, so I have to find ways to keep my game sharp without spending hours on the course practicing.



    Not to pat myself on the back, but I've just simply always had the luxury of supreme distance off the tee, and that makes the rest of the game so much easier to manage.
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy Sioux Falls, SDClubWRX Posts: 1,502 ClubWRX
    Bomber_11 wrote:

    ddetts wrote:

    Bomber_11 wrote:

    ddetts wrote:


    Wow, those Nike VRs look sick. Do they have a satin finish or am I just seeing things?




    Nope you called it - they're the satin VR Pro's




    May I ask where you picked those up?




    You can find them on eBay from time to time - spanning anywhere from $600 to $3,500.



    Cheaper option is buy a used set of VR Pro's, take a coarse scotchbrite pad, and rub the heck out of them. It'll cause them to have a satin look.



    Used sets are going for around $350-$500 in good condition, not to mention that taking the flashy chrome finish off of them also gets rid of a lot of bag chatter.




    Got it - I hadn't seen many sets on ebay last time I looked. I didn't think any came with the satin finish from the factory, but I recall back in the day of the original Nike blades some guys on tour (Justin Leonard for sure) had them in a satin chrome finish.



    Did you add the satin finish to yours?

    > See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
    TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

    Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,531 ClubWRX
    ddetts wrote:

    Bomber_11 wrote:

    ddetts wrote:

    Bomber_11 wrote:

    ddetts wrote:


    Wow, those Nike VRs look sick. Do they have a satin finish or am I just seeing things?




    Nope you called it - they're the satin VR Pro's




    May I ask where you picked those up?




    You can find them on eBay from time to time - spanning anywhere from $600 to $3,500.



    Cheaper option is buy a used set of VR Pro's, take a coarse scotchbrite pad, and rub the heck out of them. It'll cause them to have a satin look.



    Used sets are going for around $350-$500 in good condition, not to mention that taking the flashy chrome finish off of them also gets rid of a lot of bag chatter.




    Got it - I hadn't seen many sets on ebay last time I looked. I didn't think any came with the satin finish from the factory, but I recall back in the day of the original Nike blades some guys on tour (Justin Leonard for sure) had them in a satin chrome finish.



    Did you add the satin finish to yours?




    Bought mine off of a guy who used to be a member on here. He was a DFW native and got them from the Oven. To my knowledge that's the only place you can get satin VR pro's
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭
    Bomber_11 wrote:

    Z1ggy16 wrote:


    Wow 6 years of golf and you are scratch, that's impressive. Did you have baseball/hockey/tennis experience prior? How much do you/have you practiced to go from what I assume would be starting off shooting 90s or 100's to 70s?




    My only real background is just heavily involved in football and track & field at a high level.



    When I was in college and got the strong desire for golf, I was getting up at 5:30am every morning to go golf before classes/practice. I did that for the better part of my first two years playing.



    Since then I've practiced a lot less, but studied the game a lot more. Course strategy, mental approach, and overall fitness. I have a 4 year old daughter and a 1 year old son, so I have to find ways to keep my game sharp without spending hours on the course practicing.



    Not to pat myself on the back, but I've just simply always had the luxury of supreme distance off the tee, and that makes the rest of the game so much easier to manage.


    Lots of lessons or mostly self taught?



    What things are you doing with having kids to keep improving... or heck, even just playing? I'll be in that boat soon.
    WITB
    Epic SZ HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.5
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour 120 FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

  • ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy Sioux Falls, SDClubWRX Posts: 1,502 ClubWRX
    Bomber_11 wrote:

    ddetts wrote:




    Got it - I hadn't seen many sets on ebay last time I looked. I didn't think any came with the satin finish from the factory, but I recall back in the day of the original Nike blades some guys on tour (Justin Leonard for sure) had them in a satin chrome finish.



    Did you add the satin finish to yours?




    Bought mine off of a guy who used to be a member on here. He was a DFW native and got them from the Oven. To my knowledge that's the only place you can get satin VR pro's




    Yeah, that's what I thought as well. I saw a couple of "tour issue" satin finish ones on ebay earlier today. Wish it was a finish more companies offered!



    Enjoy those irons, they are beautiful! And as a guy who played a fair amount of Nike gear in the past I'm very jealous. I don't have the game for blades through the bag, but I'd really like to find a new/like-new set of the VR Pro Combos (the first generation that had blades 8-PW.

    > See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
    TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

    Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,531 ClubWRX
    Z1ggy16 wrote:

    Bomber_11 wrote:

    Z1ggy16 wrote:


    Wow 6 years of golf and you are scratch, that's impressive. Did you have baseball/hockey/tennis experience prior? How much do you/have you practiced to go from what I assume would be starting off shooting 90s or 100's to 70s?




    My only real background is just heavily involved in football and track & field at a high level.



    When I was in college and got the strong desire for golf, I was getting up at 5:30am every morning to go golf before classes/practice. I did that for the better part of my first two years playing.



    Since then I've practiced a lot less, but studied the game a lot more. Course strategy, mental approach, and overall fitness. I have a 4 year old daughter and a 1 year old son, so I have to find ways to keep my game sharp without spending hours on the course practicing.



    Not to pat myself on the back, but I've just simply always had the luxury of supreme distance off the tee, and that makes the rest of the game so much easier to manage.


    Lots of lessons or mostly self taught?



    What things are you doing with having kids to keep improving... or heck, even just playing? I'll be in that boat soon.




    Completely self taught - but would love to get lessons eventually.



    The key to playing with kids in your life is either A. take them with you, or B. find time for golf that doesn't take away from family time.



    With my job I'm able to golf a few times per week with clients or coworkers, so that helps. Then on the weekends it's usually about sneaking away when the suns coming up and be home by the time the rest of the house is stirring.



    Occassionally I'll take the 4 year old with me, but she doesn't really have much interest. Just wants to drive the cart and listen to music lol.
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭
    I mean, at scratch what more do you need to improve? lol



    I figure when I have kids golfing will probably cease for a little while but then maybe I'll get the chance to hit one of the local courses that opens up really early for 9 holes or something every now and then. I figure that if I really want to keep swinging a club, the best bet is to figure out a way to build a hitting area at home. Not possible right now with how small my living space is, but I plan to move into a bigger space w the wife in a few years.



    Keep the bag updates coming!
    WITB
    Epic SZ HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.5
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour 120 FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

  • ProjectX_MizunoProjectX_Mizuno Members Posts: 1,712 ✭✭
    What was the reason behind the switch from the Apex MB’s?
  • wayupnorthwayupnorth it's like red but not quite Members Posts: 249
    this thread i like.



    wicked.



    jg.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]09.50 // 016 M2 TOUR ISSUE // KURO KAGE DUAL CORE XT70 TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]16.50 // 016 M2 TOUR ISSUE // KURO KAGE DUAL CORE XT80 TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]19.00 // 014 TOUR PREFERRED UDI // RECOIL PROTOTYPE 110 F5[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]22.50 // 011 VR PRO COMBO // MODUS3 TOUR 120 TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]25.50 // 011 VR PRO COMBO // [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MODUS3 TOUR 120 TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]28.50 // 011 VR PRO COMBO // [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MODUS3 TOUR 120 TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]32.50 // 011 VR PRO COMBO // [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MODUS3 TOUR 120 TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]36.50 // 011 VR PRO COMBO // [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MODUS3 TOUR 120 TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]40.50 // 011 VR PRO COMBO // [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MODUS3 TOUR 120 TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]45.00 // 011 VR PRO COMBO // [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MODUS3 TOUR 120 TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]49.50 // 011 VR PRO COMBO // MODUS3 TOUR 120 TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]54.00 // 012 VR PRO DS // MODUS3 WEDGE 125[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]58.50 // 012 VR PRO DS // MODUS3 WEDGE 125[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]04.00 // 010 METHOD MODEL 001 // EI GJ 1.0[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]00.00 // 019 VICE PRO PLUS[/font]
  • extrastiffextrastiff Members Posts: 863 ✭✭
    Z1ggy16 wrote:


    I mean, at scratch what more do you need to improve? lol



    I figure when I have kids golfing will probably cease for a little while but then maybe I'll get the chance to hit one of the local courses that opens up really early for 9 holes or something every now and then. I figure that if I really want to keep swinging a club, the best bet is to figure out a way to build a hitting area at home. Not possible right now with how small my living space is, but I plan to move into a bigger space w the wife in a few years.



    Keep the bag updates coming!




    He is a self-taught scratch. . .thats a lot of potential. Get advice from someone awesome and who knows.



    Wet socks after 9 holes by yourself is the best. Pin-hawk when the greens are dewy image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
    g400 max 9* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    f8 15* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    p790 4i | steelfiber 95x
    black utility onelength 22.5*, 26* | steelfiber 110x
    forged onelength 6i | steelfiber 110x
    p730 7i-pw | steelfiber 110x
    hi-toe 52*9, 56*8, 62*5 | steelfiber 110x
    columbus
    jumbomax tour medium grips
  • extrastiffextrastiff Members Posts: 863 ✭✭
    Bomber_11 wrote:

    Z1ggy16 wrote:

    Bomber_11 wrote:

    Z1ggy16 wrote:


    Wow 6 years of golf and you are scratch, that's impressive. Did you have baseball/hockey/tennis experience prior? How much do you/have you practiced to go from what I assume would be starting off shooting 90s or 100's to 70s?




    My only real background is just heavily involved in football and track & field at a high level.



    When I was in college and got the strong desire for golf, I was getting up at 5:30am every morning to go golf before classes/practice. I did that for the better part of my first two years playing.



    Since then I've practiced a lot less, but studied the game a lot more. Course strategy, mental approach, and overall fitness. I have a 4 year old daughter and a 1 year old son, so I have to find ways to keep my game sharp without spending hours on the course practicing.



    Not to pat myself on the back, but I've just simply always had the luxury of supreme distance off the tee, and that makes the rest of the game so much easier to manage.


    Lots of lessons or mostly self taught?



    What things are you doing with having kids to keep improving... or heck, even just playing? I'll be in that boat soon.




    Completely self taught - but would love to get lessons eventually.



    The key to playing with kids in your life is either A. take them with you, or B. find time for golf that doesn't take away from family time.



    With my job I'm able to golf a few times per week with clients or coworkers, so that helps. Then on the weekends it's usually about sneaking away when the suns coming up and be home by the time the rest of the house is stirring.



    Occassionally I'll take the 4 year old with me, but she doesn't really have much interest. Just wants to drive the cart and listen to music lol.




    All meals-out at Top Golf
    g400 max 9* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    f8 15* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    p790 4i | steelfiber 95x
    black utility onelength 22.5*, 26* | steelfiber 110x
    forged onelength 6i | steelfiber 110x
    p730 7i-pw | steelfiber 110x
    hi-toe 52*9, 56*8, 62*5 | steelfiber 110x
    columbus
    jumbomax tour medium grips
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,531 ClubWRX


    What was the reason behind the switch from the Apex MB's?




    A. Sold them at a high point for their value (heads only for well above $1k)



    B. My Brooks Koepka fanboy thing I've got going on makes me basically have to play either Nike or Mizuno irons lol image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />



    Not too proud to admit he's my hero, and if I feel like I replicate him in some way, it helps my game even the slightest amount. Sounds cheesy but oh well!
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • PatsNationPatsNation Members Posts: 1,502 ✭✭
    Whats woods you switching too? Didnt no Brooks is switching
  • TaterWoods22TaterWoods22 Members Posts: 16 ✭✭
    From reading your new WITB i need an update of your new bag!

    Im a fellow Nike fanboy from my college baseball days and you got me thinking about selling off all my gear to build a full nike bag.
    My Bag
    Driver Ping G400 Max 10.5*- Accra Tour Z 75 m5
    3 wood Nike Vapor Fly 14*- Diamana D+ Ltd 80x
    4 iron Ping i200- C-taper 130x
    5-PW Ping iBlade- C-taper 130x
    Wedges Vokey SM6 Raw 50F/54S/60S- C-taper 125s+ Limited Gunmetal
    Putter Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    Ball Titleist Pro v1
    Bag Nike Vapor X White/Black/Volt
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,531 ClubWRX


    From reading your new WITB i need an update of your new bag!

    Im a fellow Nike fanboy from my college baseball days and you got me thinking about selling off all my gear to build a full nike bag.




    Haha that's exactly what I did!



    I'll snap some pics soon I have tons of new gear!
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,531 ClubWRX
    Got the new SM7's shafted up w/ the Pink DG S400's



    image/wub.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />



    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • jackbauerjackbauer Russian prisonMembers Posts: 298 ✭✭
    OG M2 and Mizuno 3-PW. Good man!
  • Jeffyr11Jeffyr11 Denver, COMembers Posts: 612 ✭✭

    What happened to the M2?

    Taylor Made M5 10.5* w/ Diamana D+ Limited Edition 70 TX
    Taylor Made M2 Tour 15* w/ Diamana D+ Limited Edition 80 TX
    PXG 0317 19* w/ Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro (4) w/ Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour (5-P) w/ Project X LZ 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/ 54S/ 58L w/ DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Sign In or Register to comment.