Machine Putter Parts Exchange Thread?

Would it be possible to start a thread to exchange machine putter parts such as flanges, heads, and hosels? I have a billet copper plumbers neck and a stainless blade flange that I’d like to trade for a 3/4 offset flow neck hosel. I could sell my parts on bst and try to buy a flow neck hosel after but the issue is I don’t know how much they go for when I sell and I never see machine hosels and flanges go on sale for me to buy. Thoughts? Is this allowed? Would anyone be interested in this?
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]GBB Epic 9° Aldila Rogue I/O 60s
XR16 14° Aldila Rogue Silver 70s
XR16 19° Aldila Rogue Black 80s
Razr X Tour 21° Fubuki AX h400s
Apex 4 iron KBS Tour-V 110s
X Forged 2013 5-PW KBS Tour 120s
X Forged 54.14, 58.10 KBS 610 120s
T.P. Mills Trad II Custom, T.P. Mills Softail, Machine M2A Converter [/font]

Comments

• Scottie68Scottie68 Members Posts: 803 ✭✭
    Great idea, as the fun of these putters is interchangability.

I have an M2A, where I'd love to swap my std flange for a wide.
  • NoCautionNoCaution Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
    I'd love to acquire a few parts. I managed to get my hands on a whole bunch of weights and screws. They're stupid cheap, once you figure out the screw and thread sizes. The one thing I can't find anywhere is tungsten weights (I'm trying to get my M2 a bit heavier). I found the correct set-screws in every other version I needed, but tungsten is impossible. If anyone has a couple they don't need, let me know.

I'd also be willing to buy extra necks, flanges, or medallions.

FYI: If anyone needs any weights or hardware on the cheap, just go to Boltdepot.com! The weights are 1/4"-20 set-screws (you can get just about any length), and the screws that attach the flange and neck are #6-32 socket caps. They have multiple finishes and you can buy as little as one of each that you need. Under ten bucks shipped would be enough to outfit a dozen putters.
    I'd certainly hate to be left out of the "WITB signature" thingy, so...

Cobra F8 Tour Length Driver 9.5° - Hzrdus Black 65 6.0
    Cobra F8 3 Wood 14.5° - Hzrdus Black 65 6.0, 3/4 inch short
    Cobra F8 4 Hybrid 22° - UST Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap Black F4, 1/2 inch short
    Taylormade P790 5-AW Irons - KBS Tour FLT 120 S, 1/4 inch short
    Edel 54°, 58°, and 62° Wedges - KBS Hi-Rev, with various mods and adjustments
    Custom Black Machine M20 Putter - Matte Black Shaft and Skull Edition Superstroke Pistol GT Tour Grip
    Bridgestone B330 RX Balls (or e6 if I start to lose too many that day)
    Ogio Silencer bag for riding/pushcart or Jones Original bag for carrying
    Bagboy Triswivel II for my fat @$$ to walk more
    All clubs besides putter have MCC +4 standard grips, with the "Align" version on driver and fairway
    Custom VW GTI plaid seat headcovers and towel
    Asher Death Wish glove, obnoxious purple pants with a bright green belt, and a pentagram ball marker to irritate the old men who take everything WAY too seriously
  • jtitleist12jtitleist12 Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭
    edited Mar 30, 2018 #4
    I have a stainless wide flange with a site line I would possibly be interested in selling or trading for a stainless standard flange with a line.

- Josh
    I also have a torched stainless plumbers neck with a Machine Proto Aerotech SteelFiber putter shaft installed with a yellow Gripmaster stitch back grip that will play to a little over 35" installed.

- Josh
  • mjcst18mjcst18 Members Posts: 29 ✭✭
    I’ve got a bunch of machine putters always open for trading. looking for a disco ball neck & twisted plumbers if anyone has em.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade M3 440 9* Tour AD GP 6X[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade 2017 M1 3W Tensei CK Pro 80TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 718 T-MB 2i Tour AD 95x[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Srixon Z-Forged 4-PW PX LZ 6.5[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey SM7 50,56,62 KBS Tour Custom S[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Piretti 801 Tour[/font]
  • LionGolferLionGolfer Members Posts: 1,301 ✭✭
    rudtf wrote:

Would it be possible to start a thread to exchange machine putter parts such as flanges, heads, and hosels? I have a billet copper plumbers neck and a stainless blade flange that I’d like to trade for a 3/4 offset flow neck hosel. I could sell my parts on bst and try to buy a flow neck hosel after but the issue is I don’t know how much they go for when I sell and I never see machine hosels and flanges go on sale for me to buy. Thoughts? Is this allowed? Would anyone be interested in this?

Hi,

If the copper PN is a full offset RIGHT hand, pls PM me your price. Thanks.
    Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
    UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
    Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
    Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
    Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon
  • LionGolferLionGolfer Members Posts: 1,301 ✭✭
    mjcst18 wrote:

I've got a bunch of machine putters always open for trading. looking for a disco ball neck & twisted plumbers if anyone has em.

Me too.
    Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
    UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
    Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
    Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
    Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon
  • JAY-YJAY-Y Members Posts: 508 ✭✭
    Nice. Hopefully we all can make some trades we’re looking for. I tried to start a wtb thread before but got deleted bc of trade offers I listed.

Liongolfer sending you pm.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]GBB Epic 9° Aldila Rogue I/O 60s
    XR16 14° Aldila Rogue Silver 70s
    XR16 19° Aldila Rogue Black 80s
    Razr X Tour 21° Fubuki AX h400s
    Apex 4 iron KBS Tour-V 110s
    X Forged 2013 5-PW KBS Tour 120s
    X Forged 54.14, 58.10 KBS 610 120s
    T.P. Mills Trad II Custom, T.P. Mills Softail, Machine M2A Converter [/font]
  • jaw2k9jaw2k9 Members Posts: 356 ✭✭
    Great thread. I have a standard plumbers neck hosel - attached to a stock shaft with blue reverse arch grip - it played (I think) at 35"). I also have a standard width flange (for the M2A Converter). Both hosel and flange are copper plated. I am seeking either a fatback or stepback solid copper flange for the M2A Converter.

I could go fancy or plain - no matter.

I admit that I am working with someone now who works with others (what's left of them) at Machine - so we may swap that way. But in the interim - putting feelers out here too.

Thanks for the thread
    Does anyone know what size the button cap screws are to hold the aluminum Machine cavity plate for an M2A putter?

Thanks,

- Josh

Does anyone know what size the button cap screws are to hold the aluminum Machine cavity plate for an M2A putter?

The screw size is #4-40 x 1/8 or 3/16 length (1/4 length would be OK too, but you may have to grind it down a bit), but I've had quite a bit of trouble finding ones with the right size head. It seems like all the ones I find are 3/16 wide heads, but that's too big to fit the recess in the medallion. The only ones I bought that fit correctly were actually a couple of black oxide socket caps. They stick out a bit more than normal, but they really match the industrial aesthetic of the putter.

Custom Black Machine M20 Putter - Matte Black Shaft and Skull Edition Superstroke Pistol GT Tour Grip
    All clubs besides putter have MCC +4 standard grips, with the "Align" version on driver and fairway
    Asher Death Wish glove, obnoxious purple pants with a bright green belt, and a pentagram ball marker to irritate the old men who take everything WAY too seriously
    NoCaution wrote:

The screw size is #4-40 x 1/8 or 3/16 length (1/4 length would be OK too, but you may have to grind it down a bit), but I've had quite a bit of trouble finding ones with the right size head. It seems like all the ones I find are 3/16 wide heads, but that's too big to fit the recess in the medallion. The only ones I bought that fit correctly were actually a couple of black oxide socket caps. They stick out a bit more than normal, but they really match the industrial aesthetic of the putter.

Thanks!

I just picked up a M2A with black medallion but the back cavity screw heads are a little stripped so I'd like to buy some new ones.

Would these work?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek-rc-440-x-1-8-high-strength-button-head-screws-10-ptk-h-8100/p141875?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh4r54sCc2gIVw7XACh2tfQh4EAQYASABEgKk1_D_BwE

- Josh
  • ws6ws6 Pacific Dunes Members Posts: 2,304 ✭✭
    What size are the screws that attach the hosel to the head?

Thank you.
  • lynxsterlynxster lynxster Capital of the Free World Members Posts: 391 ✭✭
    I'm looking for a new hosel...slant, flow or maybe single bend. Something to create more hang!
    [font=georgia,serif]Wilson Staff Cortex Driver Graphite Design Tour AD IZ [/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Wilson Staff C300 3 Wood [/font][font=georgia, serif]Evenflow 5.5 Tipped a 1/2 Inch[/font]
    [font="georgia, serif"]Wilson Staff V4 Forged Utility 18 and 22 Degree[/font]
    [font=georgia, serif]Wilson Staff C300 Forged 5 -PW[/font]
    [font="georgia, serif"]Wilson Staff PMP Wedges 50, 55, 59[/font]

[font=georgia,serif]Wilson Tour Urethane[/font]
  • eddiebigeddieeddiebigeddie Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    I have a neck, shaft grip I’d sell. Can post pics tomorrow when I get back to my office.
    Cobra F9...….…………………..Aldila Tour Blue 65
    Cobra F6 Baffler (17.5)…......…Project X HZRDUS Red 75
    Cobra F7 Hybrid (20.5).........….Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Mizuno JPX 919 HM (5 - Gw)…Project X LZ 6.5
    Cobra King Black (54/10)......….Project X LZ 6.5
    Taylormade Hi-Toe (60/10)........KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

[background=transparent]Machine M10 Adjuster (Damascus)[/background]

[background=transparent]Machine M10 Adjuster (303 Stainless-Naked)[/background]

[background=transparent]Machine M10 Fixer (303 Stainless-Torched)[/background]

Bennington LQO-9
    Grint...eddiebigeddie

I just picked up a M2A with black medallion but the back cavity screw heads are a little stripped so I'd like to buy some new ones.

Would these work?

https://www.amainhob...ASABEgKk1_D_BwE

I have a couple of those same ones. Yes, they will fit, but the head is just a tiny bit too wide to fit inside the recess on the medallion, so 1/8 might not be long enough, and it could look a little funny. I made some of my own medallions (just to see if I could), and those are what I use for them. I'd go to boltdepot.com and just buy a big variety of different finishes/sizes and see what looks best. I'll take a few pics of my two Machines with various screw/weight/medallion combos and post them when I'm feeling less lazy.

ws6 wrote:

What size are the screws that attach the hosel to the head?

#6-32 socket caps (1/2" - 5/8" works well for mine)... see my original post above for more.

Probably a long shot but I need some tungsten flange/bumper screws to bump the headweight up in my M2A.

Anyone know where to get some more or have some they are willing to move?

Thanks,

- Josh
    Josh, I'm not sure how deep the holes are, but depending on your needs maybe longer screws?

Probably a long shot but I need some tungsten flange/bumper screws to bump the headweight up in my M2A.

Anyone know where to get some more or have some they are willing to move?

It's the ONE thing I haven't been able to find on my own yet. I have exactly 4 actual tungsten weights that came with my M2, and I swapped two of them to my M20, cause I love a heavy putter. In an effort to get my M2 weight back up I got creative and used tungsten putty in the back of the weight cavities, and put 1/4 inch black weights on top of it. It's not perfect, but it did give me an extra few grams back. Honestly, I don't think I can get the weight on my M2 up to where I want it without getting a fat-back flange.

jaw2k9 wrote:

Josh, I'm not sure how deep the holes are, but depending on your needs maybe longer screws?

I already purchased longer stainless steel screws from Home Depot but they are only 3 grams. The tungsten screws should be 7 grams.

The putter head with hoselninstalled is right at 350 grams. I need to get it heavier.
    Here's a creative way - not sure how much more weight you would get over steel but....I used to melt down wheel weights in an old ladle with a butane torch - ONLY OUTSIDE. and I always - ALWAYS! held the thing so it was downwind of me - no chance of smoke inhalation. Now I have not done it in about 18 years, but could you get a metal funnel and the ladle etc, and pour it into the holes? I assume it could be removed a similar way. or since they are threaded, maybe even be unscrewed.

As to the smoke - I was told it was a chemical additive in the weights - that was visible when melted, but that the actual lead may not have visible smoke.

This is how I made weights for my Cameron X5 - removed the sole plate and there was a recess in the sole plate, I think the disk I produced weighed about 10 gms I secured it with lead tape tabs (so to speak and put the putter back together.

Anyway - it's a thought.
  • fatkidfatkid Members Posts: 164 ✭✭
    I'm looking for some flanges. #9 style and Megalodon. Both for an M9. Have necks and heads to offer in trade.
  • FairOaksProFairOaksPro Members Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited Apr 7, 2018 #24
    Can anyone tell me what is going on with the Machine putters.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • cb24cb24 Members Posts: 1,690 ✭✭

I also have a torched stainless plumbers neck with a Machine Proto Aerotech SteelFiber putter shaft installed with a yellow Gripmaster stitch back grip that will play to a little over 35" installed.

- Josh

How does the steel fiber play?

Btw great idea for this thread!
  • Sir StymieSir Stymie Members Posts: 445 ✭✭

Just about to do a re-launch! They moved to a new building and got a bunch neat and nice stuff planned for the launch...stay tuned!!!!
  • Ngjg21Ngjg21 Members Posts: 842 ✭✭
    Sir Stymie wrote:

Just about to do a re-launch! They moved to a new building and got a bunch neat and nice stuff planned for the launch...stay tuned!!!!

I hope this is true, Stymie...but I'm hesitant at best as I feel like we could go back almost exactly one year in the Machine thread to find the same claim from DB. Hope they are successful.
    Ngjg21 wrote:

Sir Stymie wrote:

I hope this is true, Stymie...but I'm hesitant at best as I feel like we could go back almost exactly one year in the Machine thread to find the same claim from DB. Hope they are successful.

You're right to be concerned. I only got into golf hard about 3 1/2 years ago and Machine was the first putter that I REALLY lusted after. I've hunted for them on eBay and here for a while, and have followed the drama closely. Last summer I pulled the trigger and ordered a new custom M20 from a seller on eBay, and it was not a great experience. I won't go into it again here, but feel free to see my older posts on the matter. Bottom line is that SO MANY people have been burned or strung along needlessly for the last three years that it would take quite a bit to un-tarnish their reputation now. I truly hope that Dave hires someone competent to run his business and that they start offering custom putters again, but it's not real likely. I hope I'm wrong though, cause I really think he makes the coolest putters I've ever seen.

cb24 wrote:

- Josh

How does the steel fiber play?

Btw great idea for this thread!

I haven't played it. It has a torched stainless steel standard length plumbers neck attached and I would like to sell it or trade it for other Machine accessories.

- Josh
  • ws6ws6 Pacific Dunes Members Posts: 2,304 ✭✭
    NoCaution wrote:

You're right to be concerned. I only got into golf hard about 3 1/2 years ago and Machine was the first putter that I REALLY lusted after. I've hunted for them on eBay and here for a while, and have followed the drama closely. Last summer I pulled the trigger and ordered a new custom M20 from a seller on eBay, and it was not a great experience. I won't go into it again here, but feel free to see my older posts on the matter. Bottom line is that SO MANY people have been burned or strung along needlessly for the last three years that it would take quite a bit to un-tarnish their reputation now. I truly hope that Dave hires someone competent to run his business and that they start offering custom putters again, but it's not real likely. I hope I'm wrong though, cause I really think he makes the coolest putters I've ever seen.

I just read your post from your ebay seller experience. I had a very similar and painful experience with the same seller.
  • Sir StymieSir Stymie Members Posts: 445 ✭✭
    Ngjg21 wrote:
    Sir Stymie wrote:

I have been in correspondence with Dave weekly for the past couple months or more now...I am pretty confident things are a go...even seen some the stuff he has planned (no I won’t spill the bean’s out of respect for Dave...so please don’t ask!) for the relaunch and I have a couple of putters in the works to be showcased for the relaunch. Their website is being updated to I noticed. I don’t have an exact date for the relaunch...but suspect it should in a month or two...fingers crossed!

I do suspect his operation will be a smaller than it was before but with a much higher focus customization...hence volume may be lower as a result.

This is second info...so take it with a grain of salt as things may change, I don’t want to give anyone a false sense of security...but this is what I know and my honest feelings on the situation.

I know Dave feels genuinely remorseful about the whole situation (as we have discussed it briefly as well) this past year, it was sadly a large list of events out his control that resulted in the problem. But with many of you I do sympathize with you, I do feel the situation could have been handled/communicated differently for everyone sake...I worked for a company who went through similar situation and know first hand that the powers to be do shut all operations down pretty abruptly...so his hand was likely forced some which he eluded to in the statement he released a while ago in the Machine forum.

The damage is done in many respect and he lost a lot of loyalist, fans, and supporters as a result of the fall out...I do hope for Dave’s sake the relaunch is a great success and he gets back to making some of the industry’s most amazing putters!