Breathable golf shoes?

Hey guys, I live in Texas and the weather is about to turn the corner into summer. Right now I have a pair of black Adidas powerboost golf shoes, and while they're comfortable, they don't breathe at all. I can feel my feet getting hot on the drive to the range if I put them on at home.

It seems hard to find shoes that are marketed with the feature of breathability, so I figured I'd ask on here to see what are some of the more-breathable shoes that wouldn't cook my feet in summer. Brand doesn't matter, it'd be nice to not have to break the bank, and hopefully they'd look halfway decent. Thanks!

Comments

• roll - gyberoll - gybe Members Posts: 1,361
    My trial and error led to leather non-waterproof Eccos with ultra thin smart wool socks. For me the key was getting the compromise between dry skin and breathable material.

The socks let a little air breathe and the leather shoes absorb some sweat.

It’s humid where I live and perforated sneaker-like shoes let in too much moisture from the grass, while fully waterproof get too swampy for me.
  • dasamsdasams Members Posts: 248 ✭✭
    edited Oct 10, 2018 #3
    I'm also looking for breathable shoes for use during hot, dry weather as I live in the Palm Springs area. Shoes with breathable mesh similar to running shoes would be ideal. Suggestions please. Thanks!!

Edit: After some research, I ordered a pair of Adidas Men's Tech Response 4.0.
  • VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,087 ✭✭
    dasams wrote:

I'm also looking for breathable shoes for use during hot, dry weather as I live in the Palm Springs area. Shoes with breathable mesh similar to running shoes would be ideal. Suggestions please. Thanks!!

Nike made some shoes a few years back called the FI Bermuda that were very similar to what you mention.
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,564 ClubWRX
    tomo are pretty good.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 599 ✭✭
    I’d say the original Nike Roshe G. I have three pairs and they can be had for $80. I live in California and it’s definitely a breathable shoe.
    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist 818H2 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    PING i210 4-UW Project X LZ 120
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 56*/60* 
    Taylormade Spider X Navy 
    TaylorMade TP5
    WITB
  • MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 3,934 ✭✭
    I would say Tomo or the True Tour Knit
    Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5*
    Irons: Ping I-20 4-W
    Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue Mid 16*, 19*
    Wedges: Scratch 8620 53*, 58*
    Putter: SeeMore mFGP
    Bag: SM Four5 / Ball: Srixon ZStar XV
  • payerasjlpayerasjl Members Posts: 726 ✭✭
    Adidas boost
    CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying
  • blink3665blink3665 #TwistFaceExperience Members Posts: 6,011 ✭✭
    The Nike FI Bermuda breathe well.

A little off the beaten path, but the Vans Ultrarange Rapidweld are really solid golf shoes. Lightweight and breathable. They also have a decent amount of traction for dry courses.
    Srixon z785 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65 / / Taylormade M4 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
    Taylormade M3 HL MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
    Taylormade M4 19* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
    Taylormade M4 22* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (39.75")
    Srixon 545 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Modus3 120s - Best Grips Classic
    Cleveland CBX 48* +1* loft - -0.75" - 2* flat
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 54* mid, 58* xlow -0.75" - 2* flat // TM Hi Toe 58* 2* flat
    Slighter Proto 1 - #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
    Odyssey OWorks 2ball - 32"
    GolfWRX (Nike Collegiate) bag (White) / Nike HyperAdapt

WITB Link
  • baudibaudi Members Posts: 643 ✭✭
    edited Oct 10, 2018 #10
    Perhaps the wave cadence by Mizuno? These shoes have a soft mesh top.

Not waterproof.
  • SPIFSPIF Members Posts: 769 ✭✭
    Tomo.

True Linkswear True Knit.

• clangleyclangley Members Posts: 16
    Take a look at the New Balance Breeze golf shoes. They're breathable mesh in the forefoot, inexpensive and unbelievably comfortable.

https://www.pgatoursuperstore.com/nb-breeze,-grey/2000000000309.html?dwvar_2000000000309_STK_COLOR=39&cgid=golf-shoes-mens#prefn1=brand&prefv1=New+Balance&start=1
  • DonW468DonW468 Members Posts: 17
    Minarets wrote:

Yes! I totally agree about Tomo, I like to use them more often. The breathability is absolutely comfortable for me.
    Tee It Up on the Wild Side..
  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 599 ✭✭
    DonW468 wrote:
    Minarets wrote:

Yes! I totally agree about Tomo, I like to use them more often. The breathability is absolutely comfortable for me.

Do you feel with the TOMOs that they don’t keep your feet secure? I heard some people mention that they may not feel too secure on your feet. I’m not an aggressive swinger so I’m hoping that’s not the case because they look super cool
    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist 818H2 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    PING i210 4-UW Project X LZ 120
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 56*/60* 
    Taylormade Spider X Navy 
    TaylorMade TP5
    WITB