PING Putter Prices...anyone paying?

2»

Comments

• RogerinNewZealandRogerinNewZealand Members Posts: 2,353 ✭✭
    Around 1995 i paid $330ish in NZ for a B60 5BZ ...so nothing changes !!!

Please search Cleveland Huntington Beach Collection. This is Amazing Value.

They copied one of every style to help you out !!!

Around xmas i bought a 3 or 4 year old copper looking Anser with a nice looking face that was some sort of insert.

The TR Cadence , and i was SEVERELY disappointed with feel.Sold soon after.

Have forgiven them slightly, recently bought i15 and G30 LS drivers .........
    2019 May

Ping [email protected] 10.5
    Tee 16.5
    Tm V Steel @ 18

Mizuno MP 63 DGR300 at D4

Vokey SM5 50 08 F Old SM at 54 and SM6 58S 10

Titleist Scotty Mid Slant Pro Platinum at 34 and a Half!

• MitchellMitchell Members Posts: 5,471 ✭✭
    lawsonman wrote:

Scotty1140 wrote:

lawsonman wrote:

smalls wrote:

justasgood wrote:

The Scotty 009M is basically a copy of the new Ping Vault Dale Head.

I would preferr the original, all milled Dale Head with changeable weights. If only the face were traditionally milled....

How is a putter Cameron's made for years a copy of a NEW ping model? And yes, I know the 009 shape is a riff on the anser. Yes, Ping originated a lot of modern putter designs that pretty much every company now sells but that Vault putter is a Scotty knockoff, not vice versa. Milled construction, fancy milled face, changeable weights in the sole. Those aren't Ping innovations.

The TR Milled face is a Ping innovation . And it works.

The Vault face is a bit of a rip off of Machine's VMG face. Everyone borrows or steals of whatever we're calling it.

Very true!

Except Ping paid/liscenced use of patent for VMG face,😕 hardly a rip-off, so there's that😀
    Taylormade r510tp 10.5* Fuji Evo TS 661
    Taylormade 300 tour 15* Fuji TS 8.0
    Taylormade V Steel 18* Purple Ice 85
    TEE CNC Ltd. Forged 3-pw s400
    Artisan 53* s400
    Artisan 58* s400
    Cameron 1996 Laguna
  • dicko999dicko999 I call it "Celebration" Members Posts: 486 ✭✭
    I miss the Karsten series that came out shortly after the Redwood line was released. I had both and preferred the cheaper Karsten, which retailed for roughly $100. Been hard for me to even look at another OTR Ping with the prices they command these days.
    Callaway Rogue 10.5*
    Callaway Rogue 17*
    Ping G20 20*, 23* Hybrids
    Ping G400 5-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50*F, 56*M, 62*M
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2
  • MattMoMattMo Members Posts: 2,375 ✭✭
    I’m a big Ping fan, but until they move away from TR grooves, I won’t even consider purchasing another Ping putter. The Redwood line was the apex of their OTR offerings and I’m fortunate to own a Redwood D66 and Starshot Anser. Throw in my BeCu and BeNi Scottsdale Ansers and I’m quite content with my current collection of Pings.
    Ping G400 Max 10.5* w/ Rogue Black
    Ping G25 4W w/ TFC
    Ping G25 20* Hybrid w/ TFC
    Ping ie1 4-U w/ CFS
    Ping Glide 54* WS
    Ping Glide Stealth 58* ES
    Ping BeNi Scottsdale Anser
  • J-BladeJ-Blade Members Posts: 747 ✭✭
    edited Jun 16, 2018 #36
    MattMo wrote:

I’m a big Ping fan, but until they move away from TR grooves, I won’t even consider purchasing another Ping putter. The Redwood line was the apex of their OTR offerings and I’m fortunate to own a Redwood D66 and Starshot Anser. Throw in my BeCu and BeNi Scottsdale Ansers and I’m quite content with my current collection of Pings.

Me too, but that said, I would not shell out $300+ for a putter only to see them selling for $100 or less in the bargain barrel a year later.

My current flat stick is a and IWI D66 that I picked up for $60.00 last year. I love it. My backup is my dad's old bronze J-Blade.
    Ping S59 irons 5-PW
    Ping bronze J-Blade putter
    Titleist 910D2 driver,
    TM Jetspeed 3W & 5W
    Ping Rapture 21* Hybrid
    Ping Eye 2+ SW, Hogan Special PW