Tad Moore Pro 1P

Wizzo1Wizzo1 Members Posts: 92 ✭✭

Comments

• aiyyeraiyyer Members Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    Not sure but I have two and love them. Looks like a blade but is almost face balanced.
  • majicmajic Charter Members Posts: 1,217 ✭✭
    I can tell you the head weight but if you like how it putts why do you care?
  • JunkerJorgeJunkerJorge Members Posts: 248 ✭✭
    majic wrote:

This may be my favorite post of all time. image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' />
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭
    majic wrote:

Maybe he wants to know in case he wants more putters? Maybe he never knew his perfect weight and he just found it?

Kinda crass comment, IMO.
    Long Live Nike
  • Wizzo1Wizzo1 Members Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Maybe I'll stick with my Pirettis,Betties and SC's. I have 3 Tad Moores and maybe the Pro 1P was my last Tad Moore purchase. I was just curious about the head weight because I wanted to know a little more about it. I thought that was one of the many reasons Golfwrx was created. Thanks
  • JunkerJorgeJunkerJorge Members Posts: 248 ✭✭
    Guys. Are you serious? That’s the guy that made your putter. Perhaps he’s not trying to be “crass,” but rather trying to teach you something. I think he probably knows a thing or two about putters and putting. Maybe listen to what he’s telling you. I wasn’t trying to bust on you, I just think that if I posted a question about a putter and the man himself responded, I would think it was pretty cool. Regardless of if it was the exact answer I was looking for.

I’m sure someone will come along who knows the headweight of the putter image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />.
    I know his name is on it and I had nothing but praise about the putter. If my name was on it and someone posted on a forum about how much they loved that putter then maybe 3 simple numbers and possibly but not necessarily a "g" at the end would have been easy to do.
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,679 ClubWRX
    I believe these were 335g
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
    Thank you cvhookem63.
  • justasgoodjustasgood Without Tempo, you are just a hacker. Members Posts: 2,586 ✭✭
    I have one with a clean sole. I am in the process of selling all(30+) of the others. It has the best balance, fee and looks. Tad makes some great putters and this one checks all the boxes.
  • MaximilianMaximilian Members Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    I like the look of that! May I ask, what's the amount of offset? Cheers,

M
    Looks like 1/2 to 3/4 when you looķ straight down the shaft.
    Wizzo 1 -I thought that my answer might cause you to think about what makes a good putter for you. Companies have made so much out of this and that and weight seems to be towards the top of their things they use to get people to buy products. If my PRO 1 P works for you it’s weight should not be what is the first thing that you are thinking about. Toe hang, offset of hosel (mine is a patented shape) , loft, lie, grip and balance. The overall characteristics of a putter including the visual at address are way more important then the 330 grams this head probably weighs. I hope you enjoy it and continue to use it.
  • justasgoodjustasgood Without Tempo, you are just a hacker. Members Posts: 2,586 ✭✭
    Tad bringing the 411.....I love all of my Tad Moore putters
  • tatertottatertot Members Posts: 4,326 ✭✭
    majic wrote:

Bunch of know-it-alls on this site ... what makes YOU a Tad Moore expert? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Driver: Adams Speedline Fast 11, 9°
    Fairway: Adams Fast 10, 15*
    Irons: Ping i200 3 iron, Ping iE1 4-PW
    Wedges: Titleist SM7, 48º; Titleist SM5, 54º & 58º
    Putter: Cleveland Classics Huntington Beach #1, 35"

majic wrote:

Maybe he wants to know in case he wants more putters? Maybe he never knew his perfect weight and he just found it?

Kinda crass comment, IMO.

Just because putters weigh the same doesn't mean anything ... It's how everything works together. That's what Mr. Moore was referring to.
  • otwotw Doug Ferreri Members Posts: 307 ✭✭
    I have the Pro 1 TS. It has the same neck as the Pro 1P but the head is more anser like. The neck is SIMILAR to a plumbers neck but never appears to aim left as a true PN putter always has when I put it behind the ball. If you can find one these putters are as good or better than any on the market.
    "Only the lazy ones fail !" Paul Bertholy, PGA

www.paulbertholy.com

www.dougferreri.com
  • toophewbirdiestoophewbirdies Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭
    tatertot wrote:

majic wrote:

Bunch of know-it-alls on this site ... what makes YOU a Tad Moore expert? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Because he IS Tad Moore..................

tatertot wrote:

majic wrote:

Because he IS Tad Moore..................

Yeah, that's why it's funny ... hence the the smiley face.
    edited Apr 15, 2018 #21
    majic wrote:

Wizzo 1 -I thought that my answer might cause you to think about what makes a good putter for you. Companies have made so much out of this and that and weight seems to be towards the top of their things they use to get people to buy products. If my PRO 1 P works for you it's weight should not be what is the first thing that you are thinking about. Toe hang, offset of hosel (mine is a patented shape) , loft, lie, grip and balance. The overall characteristics of a putter including the visual at address are way more important then the 330 grams this head probably weighs. I hope you enjoy it and continue to use it.
    Thank you Mr. Moore, that's the type of answer I can use and think on! Most of those things I can see and feel but the weight is different with the shaft/grip on or is there a way to account for that? Like I said in my first post, I love this putter. Always loved that style of head and it's not all cluttered with stampings, just your name on the face and flange(of course you know that already) lol and a totally clean sole. To me, it's a beautiful putter! Thanks again for the great putter and answer. I'm actually going to keep my eye open here and on Ebay for another one as long as it's in as good of shape as mine.
  • aiyyeraiyyer Members Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    Chip Usher of Black Lab Golf used to have s few of them on EBay
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,936 ✭✭
    I own one of these and can tell you it's a wonderful putter with exceptional feel and balance. BB
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • Dscvrr St LouisDscvrr St Louis #CALLAWRX 12/12/12 & HOGAN Ft Worth ClubWRX Posts: 5,395 ✭✭
    You can never go wrong with a Tad Moore. I own 3 currently and another on the way soon enough. Had Tad make me a TM-2 last year, Seve's putter with his Super Nickel finish and it never ceases to amaze others that putt with it, so soft and so true on the roll. Picked up a TM7-JV(Japan Version) off ebay and it is in the rotation now too. Ordered a Torched TM-4 recently and it will be as good as anything out there, no....better feel, roll, looks, etc. Bang for the buck, best made putters I have had the pleasure of owning...period. Masterful putters from a Master at his craft.
    Callaway Rogue SZ 8.0(9.0-N/-1), XPHLEXXX Agera Red Stripe Stiff, Veylix Rome 788, VA Composites Raijin 74 04
    Callaway Rogue SZ 15 Veylix 888 FM4 Matte Black, VA Composites Raijin 74 04
    Callaway BB Alpha 815 Hybrid 20*(Set to 19*)Veylix Rome 988 S
    Callaway X Forged 2017/Apex MB 2017 Modus 3 Tour 120 X
    Toulon Garage Long Island, Tad Moore Seve TM2(2017), Piretti Potenza Tour Only, Tad Moore TM4(2018), Tad Moore TM7 JV(1992), Ping ZB Vault 2.0
    Callaway MD4 54/58 Modus 3 125 Wedge/ Vega 50/54/58 Modus 125 Limited Blue

WITB Link
  • SaflynnSaflynn Members Posts: 12
    edited Oct 27, 2018 #25
    majic wrote:

Wizzo 1 -I thought that my answer might cause you to think about what makes a good putter for you. Companies have made so much out of this and that and weight seems to be towards the top of their things they use to get people to buy products. If my PRO 1 P works for you it’s weight should not be what is the first thing that you are thinking about. Toe hang, offset of hosel (mine is a patented shape) , loft, lie, grip and balance. The overall characteristics of a putter including the visual at address are way more important then the 330 grams this head probably weighs. I hope you enjoy it and continue to use it.

Speaking of, what are those factors for this putter? Interesting headshape and hozel. What type of toe hang and offset are we talking for this 1p style? Thanks!
  • BlazerrcBlazerrc Members Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Saflynn wrote:

majic wrote:

Speaking of, what are those factors for this putter? Interesting headshape and hozel. What type of toe hang and offset are we talking for this 1p style? Thanks!

Full shaft offset. Face balanced
    Full offset and face balanced is not this putter. More close to Giraffee
  • Rob McHughRob McHugh Rob ClubWRX Posts: 971 ClubWRX
    I can’t believe anyone would question Tad for not supplying specifics in his original reply. This is an artisan giving wise advise garnered from a lifetime of making quality products, including the OP’s actual putter - and you want specifics??

Rob