GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Joining a Chicago area club/associate membership

828golf ·  
828golf828golf Members  1WRX Points: 0Posts: 1
I'm considering joining a Chicago area club through an Associate/Junior membership (I'm 33 y/o). I'm hoping to get some advice from the group on a club to join that is a good commute from Downtown where I work and live, has tennis/paddle if possible, and is a reasonable price to join. Any social activities at the club is a bonus as well.<br />
<br />
My research has me looking at these clubs, but open to others. Biggest thing is I want to use the club a lot during summer so the shorter the commute is key.<br />
<br />
Ridgemoor CC<br />
Oak Park CC<br />
Bryn Mawr CC<br />
Ridge CC<br />
Beverly CC<br />
<br />
Let me know any thoughts you have, thank you!
Posted:

Comments

• oldpalchampoldpalchamp Members  1258WRX Points: 187Posts: 1,258 Platinum Tees
    Beverly CC is one of the best golf courses in the area! An older Donald Ross gem that is home to lots of good players. As far as other amenities, the pool was condemned a few years ago and there are no plans to reopen it. I've been there a few times and don't remember tennis courts. It is primarily a golf club, and usually with a full membership.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • jsheljshel Members  672WRX Points: 120Posts: 672 Golden Tee
    Just sent you a DM.
    Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade Sim Max
    3W: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero (3+)
    Hybrid: Titleist TS2
    Irons: PXG XP Gen 3 Steelfiber shafts
    Wedges: Callaway MD5 54, 58
    Putter: A revolving door
  • mmckee02mmckee02 Members  308WRX Points: 89Handicap: 3Posts: 308 Greens
    I agree with whatever Shelman says. Likely involving Olympia!!
    Posted:
  • Cubsfan44Cubsfan44 Members  2WRX Points: 25Posts: 2 Starters
    Consider Flossmoor CC. Great course, great deals and a solid contingent of young fun members from the city. <br />
    <br />
    PM if you’d like more details.
    Posted:
  • Waterball6Waterball6 Members  161WRX Points: 15Handicap: 1.9Posts: 161 Fairways
    Medinah?
    Posted:
  • smith851smith851 Members  375WRX Points: 37Handicap: 1Posts: 375 Greens
    Tyler Rae, a solid architect and Ross historian, is in the process of restoring Beverly CC. Only going to get better<br />
    <br />
    he did an awesome job with Barton Hills CC in Michigan and Skokie CC before the Western Am
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 9* / Project-X Even Flow Blue 65 6.5
    Callaway XR 16 Pro 16* / Fujikura Speeder Evo II TS 765
    Srixon Z745 (3i-PW) / Dynamic Gold S400
    Callaway MD3 50*, 54* & 58* / Dynamic Gold S300
    Odyssey Versa #1Wide w/ SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0

Advertisement
  • TadWPJTadWPJ Unregistered  292WRX Points: 2Handicap: 6Posts: 292 Bunkers
    Cubsfan44 wrote:
    <br />
    Consider Flossmoor CC. Great course, great deals and a solid contingent of young fun members from the city.<br />
    <br />
    PM if you'd like more details.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Couldn't agree more. Flossmoor is the firmest and fastest course I've played on clay. It is drastically underrated imo
    Posted:
  • mmckee02mmckee02 Members  308WRX Points: 89Handicap: 3Posts: 308 Greens
    TadWPJ wrote:
    <br />
    Cubsfan44 wrote:
    <br />
    Consider Flossmoor CC. Great course, great deals and a solid contingent of young fun members from the city.<br />
    <br />
    PM if you'd like more details.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Couldn't agree more. Flossmoor is the firmest and fastest course I've played on clay. It is drastically underrated imo<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I can't go against Shelman, but you really should also look at Flossmoor too. Amazing set of greens, and the firm and fast conditions are top notch.<br />
    <br />
    MM
    Posted:
  • tjl1292tjl1292 Members  4WRX Points: 0Posts: 4
    In the same boat. Live in West Loop and looking for a club that has a good weekend game. <br />
    <br />
    Played golf in college and am currently around scratch. Any suggestions would be awesome!
    Posted:
  • Schley Schley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaMembers  1518WRX Points: 305Handicap: 12.3Posts: 1,518 Platinum Tees
    smith851 wrote:
    <br />
    Tyler Rae, a solid architect and Ross historian, is in the process of restoring Beverly CC. Only going to get better<br />
    <br />
    he did an awesome job with Barton Hills CC in Michigan and Skokie CC before the Western Am<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Now? Or planned? Is the course down?
    Posted:
  • LeroysettleLeroysettle Members  19WRX Points: 64Posts: 19 Bunkers
    Of the 5 you listed Beverly hands down. Flossmoor a little farther commute but it won’t disappoint. If you take the train the clubhouse attendant will pick you up and take you back. Flossmoor should also be less expensive than Beverly.
    Posted:
    Taylormade M2 10.5 degree Tensei Orange V2 60TX Prototype
    Taylormade M2 Proto 13/ Mitsubishi Tensi Blue 70tX
    Taylormade GAPR Mid 3H Oban Devotion HB 85
    Miura CB 301 4-GW True Temper Rifle 7.0
    Edel Putter

Advertisement
  • smith851smith851 Members  375WRX Points: 37Handicap: 1Posts: 375 Greens
    Schley wrote:
    <br />
    smith851 wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    he did an awesome job with Barton Hills CC in Michigan and Skokie CC before the Western Am<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Now? Or planned? Is the course down?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    currently ongoing right now, not sure how its effecting currently playing options. he was just the guest on The Fried Egg podcast and spoke about it
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 9* / Project-X Even Flow Blue 65 6.5
    Callaway XR 16 Pro 16* / Fujikura Speeder Evo II TS 765
    Srixon Z745 (3i-PW) / Dynamic Gold S400
    Callaway MD3 50*, 54* & 58* / Dynamic Gold S300
    Odyssey Versa #1Wide w/ SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0
  • mjw1903mjw1903 Members  6WRX Points: 20Handicap: 12.7Posts: 6 Bunkers
    tjl1292 wrote:
    <br />
    In the same boat. Live in West Loop and looking for a club that has a good weekend game. <br />
    <br />
    Played golf in college and am currently around scratch. Any suggestions would be awesome!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Did you decide on a course? Planning for next season and would love to hear what you found.
    Posted:
  • Schley Schley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaMembers  1518WRX Points: 305Handicap: 12.3Posts: 1,518 Platinum Tees
    I really like OFCC and many use the train stop right outside the club to walk in. 40 minutes from the loop by train. 2 very tough courses however, so you have to like a challenge to play as your daily.
    Posted:
  • Buckeye13Buckeye13 Chicago, ILMembers  1WRX Points: 10Posts: 1 Starters

I'm going to be 28 in October and I currently live in Lincoln Park (really close to i-90). Was curious as to what associate memberships would be best for me. Would prefer to be somewhere in the North Suburbs, but would contemplate a drive to Olympia FIelds, Flossmoor CC, etc. I have heard that Olympia Fields have run some pretty good deals for associate members in the past, but I have not seen anything concrete as far as to what initiation fees would be. Any help would be appreciated!

Posted:
  • airwalker309airwalker309 Members  4WRX Points: 32Posts: 4 Starters

Buckeye, if you PM me I'm happy to provide information about Flossmoor. I joined as an associate last year.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • cwb01391cwb01391 Members  1WRX Points: 7Posts: 1 Starters

@Buckeye13 Curious if you ended up joining Flossmoor? 29 and looking to join a club as well. Flossmoor has been recommended a few times.

Posted:
  • JaoffoJaoffo Members  5WRX Points: 6Handicap: my abilityPosts: 5 Bunkers

I sent you a PM

Posted:

Have had a couple phone calls discussing Chicago / south side club options and happy to help.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.