Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Joining a Chicago area club/associate membership

I'm considering joining a Chicago area club through an Associate/Junior membership (I'm 33 y/o). I'm hoping to get some advice from the group on a club to join that is a good commute from Downtown where I work and live, has tennis/paddle if possible, and is a reasonable price to join. Any social activities at the club is a bonus as well.



My research has me looking at these clubs, but open to others. Biggest thing is I want to use the club a lot during summer so the shorter the commute is key.



Ridgemoor CC

Oak Park CC

Bryn Mawr CC

Ridge CC

Beverly CC



Let me know any thoughts you have, thank you!

Comments

  • oldpalchampoldpalchamp Members Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Beverly CC is one of the best golf courses in the area! An older Donald Ross gem that is home to lots of good players. As far as other amenities, the pool was condemned a few years ago and there are no plans to reopen it. I've been there a few times and don't remember tennis courts. It is primarily a golf club, and usually with a full membership.
  • jsheljshel Members Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just sent you a DM.
    Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 degrees Mitsubishi Tensei shaft
    3W: TaylorMade M1
    Hybrid: Callaway XR 19 degree
    Irons: PXG XF Gen 2 Steelfiber shafts
    Wedges: Vokey SM6 54, 58
    Putter: Cameron & Crown Fastback
  • mmckee02mmckee02 Members Posts: 291 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with whatever Shelman says. Likely involving Olympia!!
  • Cubsfan44Cubsfan44 Members Posts: 2
    Consider Flossmoor CC. Great course, great deals and a solid contingent of young fun members from the city.



    PM if you’d like more details.
  • Waterball6Waterball6 Members Posts: 161
  • smith851smith851 Members Posts: 375 ✭✭✭✭
    Tyler Rae, a solid architect and Ross historian, is in the process of restoring Beverly CC. Only going to get better



    he did an awesome job with Barton Hills CC in Michigan and Skokie CC before the Western Am
    Callaway Rogue 9* / Project-X Even Flow Blue 65 6.5
    Callaway XR 16 Pro 16* / Fujikura Speeder Evo II TS 765
    Srixon Z745 (3i-PW) / Dynamic Gold S400
    Callaway MD3 50*, 54* & 58* / Dynamic Gold S300
    Odyssey Versa #1Wide w/ SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0
  • TadWPJTadWPJ Unregistered Posts: 292 ✭✭
    Cubsfan44 wrote:


    Consider Flossmoor CC. Great course, great deals and a solid contingent of young fun members from the city.



    PM if you'd like more details.




    Couldn't agree more. Flossmoor is the firmest and fastest course I've played on clay. It is drastically underrated imo
  • mmckee02mmckee02 Members Posts: 291 ✭✭✭✭
    TadWPJ wrote:

    Cubsfan44 wrote:


    Consider Flossmoor CC. Great course, great deals and a solid contingent of young fun members from the city.



    PM if you'd like more details.




    Couldn't agree more. Flossmoor is the firmest and fastest course I've played on clay. It is drastically underrated imo




    I can't go against Shelman, but you really should also look at Flossmoor too. Amazing set of greens, and the firm and fast conditions are top notch.



    MM
  • tjl1292tjl1292 Members Posts: 4
    In the same boat. Live in West Loop and looking for a club that has a good weekend game.



    Played golf in college and am currently around scratch. Any suggestions would be awesome!
  • Schley Schley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaMembers Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    smith851 wrote:


    Tyler Rae, a solid architect and Ross historian, is in the process of restoring Beverly CC. Only going to get better



    he did an awesome job with Barton Hills CC in Michigan and Skokie CC before the Western Am




    Now? Or planned? Is the course down?
  • LeroysettleLeroysettle Members Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Of the 5 you listed Beverly hands down. Flossmoor a little farther commute but it won’t disappoint. If you take the train the clubhouse attendant will pick you up and take you back. Flossmoor should also be less expensive than Beverly.
    [font=georgia,serif]Callaway EPIC Subzero 10.5/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange V2 60TX Prototype[/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Taylor Made M2 Proto 13/ Mitsubishi Tensi Blue 70tX[/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Taylor Made Rescue mid TP 3/ Nippon Modus 130[/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Cleveland Halo 4/ Nippon Modus 130[/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Miura CB57 5-pw/Nippon Modus 2S14 prototype shafts [/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Titleist SM5 52, 56, 60/ Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour[/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Edel Putter[/font]
  • smith851smith851 Members Posts: 375 ✭✭✭✭
    Schley wrote:

    smith851 wrote:


    Tyler Rae, a solid architect and Ross historian, is in the process of restoring Beverly CC. Only going to get better



    he did an awesome job with Barton Hills CC in Michigan and Skokie CC before the Western Am




    Now? Or planned? Is the course down?




    currently ongoing right now, not sure how its effecting currently playing options. he was just the guest on The Fried Egg podcast and spoke about it
    Callaway Rogue 9* / Project-X Even Flow Blue 65 6.5
    Callaway XR 16 Pro 16* / Fujikura Speeder Evo II TS 765
    Srixon Z745 (3i-PW) / Dynamic Gold S400
    Callaway MD3 50*, 54* & 58* / Dynamic Gold S300
    Odyssey Versa #1Wide w/ SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0
  • mjw1903mjw1903 Members Posts: 6 ✭✭
    tjl1292 wrote:


    In the same boat. Live in West Loop and looking for a club that has a good weekend game.



    Played golf in college and am currently around scratch. Any suggestions would be awesome!




    Did you decide on a course? Planning for next season and would love to hear what you found.
  • Schley Schley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaMembers Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like OFCC and many use the train stop right outside the club to walk in. 40 minutes from the loop by train. 2 very tough courses however, so you have to like a challenge to play as your daily.
  • Buckeye13Buckeye13 Chicago, ILMembers Posts: 1

    I'm going to be 28 in October and I currently live in Lincoln Park (really close to i-90). Was curious as to what associate memberships would be best for me. Would prefer to be somewhere in the North Suburbs, but would contemplate a drive to Olympia FIelds, Flossmoor CC, etc. I have heard that Olympia Fields have run some pretty good deals for associate members in the past, but I have not seen anything concrete as far as to what initiation fees would be. Any help would be appreciated!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file