Arcoss 360 Reviews

MCGolfTMMCGolfTM Members Posts: 556 ✭✭
Has anyone used this technology? If so, what are your thoughts? Is it worth the money and time?

I have recently been using the MyRoundPro app from TaylorMade and the information it gives is great compared to other free apps, but it is a pain to have to manually enter everything.
[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]TM M3 460 9.5* Fujikura Pro73[/font]
TM '16 [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]M2 3HL Fujikura Pro73[/font]
TM P790 UDI 17* PX HZRDUS Black 85
TM P790 4-9 DG 105
TM [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]P770 PW KBS FLT[/font]
TM [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Milled Grind 50/54 KBS 610[/font]
TM Spider Tour Black
TM [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]TP5x[/font]

Comments

• ndlutzndlutz Members Posts: 30 ✭✭
    You may get better/deeper results if you search the forum as there have been a number of threads on this.

My opinion, though, is that it's very useful. I bought it last year and it opened my eyes to the fact that I don't hit the ball as far as I thought i did. It has also helped me a bit with club selection and elevation. I pretty much play the same three courses so you would think I would know how to select a club for each hole, however, Arccos provides the cold hard facts for me as to whether I am making good choices.

I also like not fussing over keeping score/stats. For the most part, Arccos does a good job of that for me. I just jot a number on the card quickly and then edit Arccos after the round where there are issues.

I'm not as fond of their new and improved online interface, but I haven't reviewed many rounds with it either. Perhaps I just need to get used to it.
  • MCGolfTMMCGolfTM Members Posts: 556 ✭✭
    ndlutz wrote:

You may get better/deeper results if you search the forum as there have been a number of threads on this.

My opinion, though, is that it's very useful. I bought it last year and it opened my eyes to the fact that I don't hit the ball as far as I thought i did. It has also helped me a bit with club selection and elevation. I pretty much play the same three courses so you would think I would know how to select a club for each hole, however, Arccos provides the cold hard facts for me as to whether I am making good choices.

I also like not fussing over keeping score/stats. For the most part, Arccos does a good job of that for me. I just jot a number on the card quickly and then edit Arccos after the round where there are issues.

I'm not as fond of their new and improved online interface, but I haven't reviewed many rounds with it either. Perhaps I just need to get used to it.

Thanks for the input. Have you tried anything similar for swing tracking? Any other competitor sensors out there?

Are there any fees associated with Arccos?
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]TM M3 460 9.5* Fujikura Pro73[/font]
    TM '16 [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]M2 3HL Fujikura Pro73[/font]
    TM P790 4-9 DG 105
    TM [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Milled Grind 50/54 KBS 610[/font]
    TM Spider Tour Black
  • Frankensteins MonsterFrankensteins Monster Members Posts: 6,674 ✭✭
    edited Apr 17, 2018 #4
    MCGolfTM wrote:

ndlutz wrote:

Thanks for the input. Have you tried anything similar for swing tracking? Any other competitor sensors out there?

No fees associated with Arccos unless you want to use Arccos Caddy. It’s a cool system, but after a month it wasn’t worth it to me since I know my course by heart. If you play a lot of courses, it will be very useful.

And yes, it’s well worth it for anybody that likes data. If you have any questions, just quote me and ask.
  • MCGolfTMMCGolfTM Members Posts: 556 ✭✭
    MCGolfTM wrote:

ndlutz wrote:

No fees associated with Arccos unless you want to use Arccos Caddy. It’s a cool system, but after a month it wasn’t worth it to me since I know my course by heart. If you play a lot of courses, it will be very useful.

And yes, it’s well worth it for anybody that likes data. If you have any questions, just quote me and ask.

How does this system compare to Game Golf Live? I know you know to tag your clubs manually, but doesn’t seem that hard. Anyone know how the data is compared to Arccos? Game Golf Live is quite cheap right now.
    TM P790 4-9 DG 105
    TM Spider Tour Black
    edited Apr 17, 2018 #6
    MCGolfTM wrote:

MCGolfTM wrote:

ndlutz wrote:

How does this system compare to Game Golf Live? I know you know to tag your clubs manually, but doesn’t seem that hard. Anyone know how the data is compared to Arccos? Game Golf Live is quite cheap right now.

Arccos’ stats are more in depth, the dashboard is far more appealing and better presented. Tagging clubs is beyond annoying and not something I liked including in my preshot routine. Only downside for Arccos is phone needs to be in from pocket. It’ll miss putts and some chips. You can also use Arccos on “airplane” mode to save a ton of battery. Download the course, start round, switch to airplane mode. That’s how I use it. I finish rounds with about 65% battery left.
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,936 ✭✭
    Just installed the sensors today. I’m definitely buying the Bluetooth belt device so I don’t need to fuss with my phone. BB
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • GautamaGautama Members Posts: 752 ✭✭
    How does the unit do at capturing real strikes while filtering out the usual bumps, jiggles, and practice strokes? Like over course of 18 holes, how much attention do you need to give the thing? Are you able to just play and review at the end of 18, or do you have to check after each shot to see if it recorded?
    "I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom
    edited Feb 20, 2019 8:14am #9
    Gautama wrote:

How does the unit do at capturing real strikes while filtering out the usual bumps, jiggles, and practice strokes? Like over course of 18 holes, how much attention do you need to give the thing? Are you able to just play and review at the end of 18, or do you have to check after each shot to see if it recorded?

Only time I really interact with app is putting flag in correct location. I records your last shot from the location. If you take practice swings with a 4 iron but switch to a 5, the 5 will be recorded. You cane review and adjust during or after a round.
    Post edited by Unknown User on