Miura new wedges (other new 2018 clubs?)

2»

Comments

• killacam236killacam236 Members Posts: 2
    @bimmer1 Im looking at these at the moment. What would you say the sole/grind is comparable to from a major OEM? I've heard Call X grind on the MD4 or Titleist S grind. It looks like the sole is pretty wide, is that the case? Trying to get a better idea before pulling the trigger

Thanks!!
  • Bimmer1Bimmer1 Members Posts: 2,535 ✭✭

@bimmer1 Im looking at these at the moment. What would you say the sole/grind is comparable to from a major OEM? I've heard Call X grind on the MD4 or Titleist S grind. It looks like the sole is pretty wide, is that the case? Trying to get a better idea before pulling the trigger

Thanks!!

I can’t say about the regular 2018 Miura wedges but the Tour model looks pretty much like a C grind.....much like the Vokey M grind. I believe the 58 and 60 both have 10 degrees of bounce. The sole is somewhat wide but nothing extreme.
  • zeke66zeke66 Posts: 188
    Have these tour wedges in 54 and 60. Awesome clubs. The versatility on the tour grind on the 54 probbaly most impressive so far. Also very soft and the set seems easy to control and flight. Maybe I’m just hyped but I’ve enjoyed them so far.
  • BSchwarzkoffBSchwarzkoff Members Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Just pulled these out of the box. Thanks FairwayGolf
  • Bimmer1Bimmer1 Members Posts: 2,535 ✭✭

Just pulled these out of the box. Thanks FairwayGolf

Nice! I love my 58!
    Just spent a couple hours at the short games area of the golf club I play at. Sole grinds, shape are going to be perfect for the tight lies and soft conditions. I also have a set of miura black y grind wedges. The new ones are better all the way around. Feel softer too. They match perfectly with the 1008 cb's that have been in the bag for a couple years.
  • theothertwotheothertwo Members Posts: 2,478 ✭✭

Just spent a couple hours at the short games area of the golf club I play at. Sole grinds, shape are going to be perfect for the tight lies and soft conditions. I also have a set of miura black y grind wedges. The new ones are better all the way around. Feel softer too. They match perfectly with the 1008 cb's that have been in the bag for a couple years.

Nice. Do the new Tour wedges spin more than the Y grind wedges? Thanks.
    Honma TW 727 455s 10.5* Driver
    Honma TW 727 18* 5 Wood
    Honma TW 727 22* Hybrid
    Honma TW 727 25* Hybrid
    Miura CB 57 4-PW Irons
    Miura 2018 Tour Wedges 52* and 58*
    Taylor Made TP Black Copper Ardmore 3 Putter
    Spin, trajectory and distance were all pretty much the same with both sets of wedges. The shape of the club head and feel of the ball off of the club face is better with the new tour wedge. The grind on the sole is also better for the conditions I play in.
  • theothertwotheothertwo Members Posts: 2,478 ✭✭

Spin, trajectory and distance were all pretty much the same with both sets of wedges. The shape of the club head and feel of the ball off of the club face is better with the new tour wedge. The grind on the sole is also better for the conditions I play in.

Thanks.
    Honma TW 727 455s 10.5* Driver
    Honma TW 727 18* 5 Wood
    Honma TW 727 22* Hybrid
    Honma TW 727 25* Hybrid
    Miura CB 57 4-PW Irons
    Miura 2018 Tour Wedges 52* and 58*
    Taylor Made TP Black Copper Ardmore 3 Putter
2»