We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

Bridgestone Tour B X vs Tour B XS

Comments

• Rosco1216Rosco1216  3058WRX Points: 227Members Posts: 3,058
    Tour B X blows the tp5x out of the water, per se.
    Posted:
    Tour Issue M3 8.5*(7.4* @ 3.4* open) - Diamana DF 70tx
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0
    Miura CB 1008(4-P) - PX 7.0
    Bridgestone TourB XW1 50/55//60* - X100
    Piretti Matera 2 Limited Release

https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • sevenfouratesevenfourate Devotee of OCD ENGLAND. 1881WRX Points: 140Members Posts: 1,881
    Rosco1216 wrote:

Tour B X blows the tp5x out of the water, per se.

Not wrong so far. For long game; and in regard of wind performance too ?
    Posted:
    Regards - 'Shuv'

PING G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    TAYLORMADE UDi No 4 (23 degree) - Project X - 6.5
    CALLAWAY X22 Tour Irons (5 - PW) - Project X - 6.5
    CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) - DG PRO S300
    ODYSSEY White Hot Pro 2 - (Rossie) - 343g  / 34.5"
    TAYLORMADE TP5 Golf Ball ←NEW 2019 Version→

SHUV'S WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...l-and-now-2016/
  • Rosco1216Rosco1216  3058WRX Points: 227Members Posts: 3,058
    Yep. All of the strengths of the tp5x but none of the weaknesses. Tp5x didn’t have much greenside control but was also extremely difficult to judge on short iron approaches. Low spin and difficult to flight down. I’d have 3-4 shots a round which would carry 8-12 yards further than expected. Notorious for random flier-like shots from the fairways or on par 3’s.
    Posted:
    Tour Issue M3 8.5*(7.4* @ 3.4* open) - Diamana DF 70tx
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0
    Miura CB 1008(4-P) - PX 7.0
    Bridgestone TourB XW1 50/55//60* - X100
    Piretti Matera 2 Limited Release

https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova
  • sevenfouratesevenfourate Devotee of OCD ENGLAND. 1881WRX Points: 140Members Posts: 1,881
    Rosco1216 wrote:

Yep. All of the strengths of the tp5x but none of the weaknesses. Tp5x didn't have much greenside control but was also extremely difficult to judge on short iron approaches. Low spin and difficult to flight down. I'd have 3-4 shots a round which would carry 8-12 yards further than expected. Notorious for random flier-like shots from the fairways or on par 3's.

Thanks very much for your thoughts. Hoping to get a few games in over Xmas. Genuinely 'excited'......

If it's anything like as good in the wind / has a lowish flight and apex (I play on the East Coast here in the UK) it should be really good.
    Posted:
    Regards - 'Shuv'

PING G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    TAYLORMADE UDi No 4 (23 degree) - Project X - 6.5
    CALLAWAY X22 Tour Irons (5 - PW) - Project X - 6.5
    CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) - DG PRO S300
    ODYSSEY White Hot Pro 2 - (Rossie) - 343g  / 34.5"
    TAYLORMADE TP5 Golf Ball ←NEW 2019 Version→

SHUV'S WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...l-and-now-2016/
  • kjruleskjrules  123WRX Points: 48Members Posts: 123
    I have been playing Srixon xv for a while, it was my choice after I ran out of Nike Rzn Blacks. But I was never totally satisfied with the XVs. Today I bought a dozen of BX and I have played BXS before for a while but it was too spinny on full shots and sucked back too much, distance of the driver was good but always shorter than XV and TPX, especially into the wind. So I did my research and decided to try the BX.

Feel - I think it’s 80 compression or 85 not sure, but its perfect off of irons and Driver, BXS is such soft feeling ball, but I think BX is just perfect off the putter, responsive and soft, but never too soft.

Distance - Driver, today I have hit some of the biggest drives especially into the wind, this par 5, 12 th hole in my home course has prevailing head wind, I hit my driver 328 yards off the tips into the wind, and the guy I was playing with saif he never seen anyone drive this far in this hole, and I said me too!, its easily 10 to 15 yards longer into the wind than other softer balls like th BXS or Pro V1. It is little longer than Nike RZN black and that was the longest ball for me off the tee for me.

Spin off irons- plenty spin but nothing like Srixon Z stars or Pro V or even TP5, never spins back too much hope ans stop on full shots

Spin off chipping and pitching- very predictable, chip hop and release of ver predictable distance.

Durability- good but, if hit with new wedge, light scar marks appear, it on par with Pro V

I think this will be my ball going forward, never played with B330 because it fely too hard off the putter, BX is just upgrad in every department, only thing is thay I have gotten my forst hole in one woth B330S last Sep, but BX is such an awesome all around tour performance ball, it will take something special to get it out of my bag.

Looking for Low spinning, piercing traj, perfect approach spin in a ball that feels lively yet soft? BX will not disappoint!

Posted:
  • pricenickypricenicky  149WRX Points: 95Members Posts: 149
    kjrules wrote:

I have been playing Srixon xv for a while, it was my choice after I ran out of Nike Rzn Blacks. But I was never totally satisfied with the XVs. Today I bought a dozen of BX and I have played BXS before for a while but it was too spinny on full shots and sucked back too much, distance of the driver was good but always shorter than XV and TPX, especially into the wind. So I did my research and decided to try the BX.

Feel - I think it's 80 compression or 85 not sure, but its perfect off of irons and Driver, BXS is such soft feeling ball, but I think BX is just perfect off the putter, responsive and soft, but never too soft.

Distance - Driver, today I have hit some of the biggest drives especially into the wind, this par 5, 12 th hole in my home course has prevailing head wind, I hit my driver 328 yards off the tips into the wind, and the guy I was playing with saif he never seen anyone drive this far in this hole, and I said me too!, its easily 10 to 15 yards longer into the wind than other softer balls like th BXS or Pro V1. It is little longer than Nike RZN black and that was the longest ball for me off the tee for me.

Spin off irons- plenty spin but nothing like Srixon Z stars or Pro V or even TP5, never spins back too much hope ans stop on full shots

Spin off chipping and pitching- very predictable, chip hop and release of ver predictable distance.

Durability- good but, if hit with new wedge, light scar marks appear, it on par with Pro V

I think this will be my ball going forward, never played with B330 because it fely too hard off the putter, BX is just upgrad in every department, only thing is thay I have gotten my forst hole in one woth B330S last Sep, but BX is such an awesome all around tour performance ball, it will take something special to get it out of my bag.

Looking for Low spinning, piercing traj, perfect approach spin in a ball that feels lively yet soft? BX will not disappoint!

I talked to Bs YESTERDAY. The B x is 77 compression whereas the RX is 66.fyi !
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • kjruleskjrules  123WRX Points: 48Members Posts: 123
    I think BX is 85 and BXS is 75 compression, thats what the website states
    Posted:
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. Canada 2936WRX Points: 403Members Posts: 2,936
    Per Golfballs.com

BX is 85

BXS is 75

BRX is 66

BRXS is 64
    Posted:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 10.5° driver MCA Diamana ZF 50 S Flex

Callaway Epic Flash 15° fairway wood MCA Diamana BF 60 S Flex

Callaway Epic Flash 21° hybrid MCA MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex

Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-12 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

Titleist Yellow Pro V1x

Callaway Epic Flash 10.5° driver MCA Diamana DF 50 S Flex

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid MCA MMT 90 S Flex

Odyssey RSX Milled V-Line Fang

• HalohaHaloha Golf Addict  206WRX Points: 59Members Posts: 206
    Just my .02 but I've tried and have been testing the whole tour B line and at my slow swingspeed of 90-95 I've noticed that all have pretty similar distances off the tee (even into the wind) but i've noticed huge differences with short irons and wedges. Especially the X just goes too far off the short irons (10-15 yrd difference) compared to the XS or RXS. So i decided to go with the lower compression RXS for stopping power on the greens. and I would recommend giving the RXS a shot.
    Posted:
    Bag of tricks
    Driver: GRAPHITE DESIGN AD-VR 5 S Callaway Epic Flash 10.5   
    Wood: Taylormade M1 3HL w/Graphite Design AD-DI 6S
    Hybrid: Taylormade M1 4HY-21 w/Graphite Design AD-Di 95S
    Irons: Callaway '18 X-Forged 4-PW DG TI S400 -2 flat/ +1 strong
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6-52/ SM7-56/SM6-60 Copper Lmt.Ed.
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Teryllium T-22 Fastback 1.5 or Holiday 18
    Ball: Titleist Pro-V1X or Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • DoyouevenbladeDoyouevenblade  217WRX Points: 102Members Posts: 217
    These are on sale for 40 a dz from 60 a dz at Golftown in Canada from now to the 30th. (Same with RX and RXS)

If you want to stock up!
    Posted:
  • HalohaHaloha Golf Addict  206WRX Points: 59Members Posts: 206

These are on sale for 40 a dz from 60 a dz at Golftown in Canada from now to the 30th. (Same with RX and RXS)

If you want to stock up!

I already picked up 5 dozen last month but that price is really cheap! isnt that like $30 usdlrs??
    Posted:
    Bag of tricks
    Driver: GRAPHITE DESIGN AD-VR 5 S Callaway Epic Flash 10.5   
    Wood: Taylormade M1 3HL w/Graphite Design AD-DI 6S
    Hybrid: Taylormade M1 4HY-21 w/Graphite Design AD-Di 95S
    Irons: Callaway '18 X-Forged 4-PW DG TI S400 -2 flat/ +1 strong
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6-52/ SM7-56/SM6-60 Copper Lmt.Ed.
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Teryllium T-22 Fastback 1.5 or Holiday 18
    Ball: Titleist Pro-V1X or Bridgestone Tour B XS

Advertisement
    Haloha wrote:

If you want to stock up!

I already picked up 5 dozen last month but that price is really cheap! isnt that like $30 usdlrs??

That would probably be really close to 30 USD yup.

I only picked up a dz as I want to do some ball testing in the spring but I was very tempted to stock up
    Posted:
  • ZNDavisZNDavis  88WRX Points: 68Members Posts: 88

Checking in here. Tentatively playing the Tour B XS this year mostly because I love the putter feel and it spins plenty for me around the greens. Only balls that compare for me on the greens are the CS and CSX, but they don't play as nice with the rest of my game.

Posted:
    Taylormade M3 • Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood • Titleist T-MB 2 iron, 4 iron
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW • Taylormade Hi-Toe 50°, 54°, 58° wedge • Taylormade Spider Tour Red
    Bridgestone Tour B XS / Kirkland Tour Performance
  • OldboyOldboy  2461WRX Points: 226Members Posts: 2,461

On -, @kjrules said:

Feel - I think it’s 80 compression or 85 not sure, but its perfect off of irons and Driver, BXS is such soft feeling ball, but I think BX is just perfect off the putter, responsive and soft, but never too soft.

I gave the new XV a try .. will be going back to the tour b x .. similar performance tee to green but around the green the bstone has a bit more spin and control and feels softer off the putter

Posted:
  • cpeckcpeck North new jersey 597WRX Points: 279Members Posts: 597

found a bx today sunk in the fairway, cleaned it up and played for the last 3 holes, ball flies off the tee, think it was a few yards shorter with irons then the mtb black i play, but overall i nice ball felt the same off my putter and the mtb.

if they do a sale i wouldn’t hesitate to pick up 2 dozen for 70

Posted:

On -, @cpeck said:

found a bx today sunk in the fairway, cleaned it up and played for the last 3 holes, ball flies off the tee, think it was a few yards shorter with irons then the mtb black i play, but overall i nice ball felt the same off my putter and the mtb.

Close: https://www.amazon.com/Bridgestone-Tour-Golf-Balls-Dozen/dp/B07BVX5VLB

Posted:
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW • Taylormade Hi-Toe 50°, 54°, 58° wedge • Taylormade Spider Tour Red

Advertisement

. >

On -, @ZNDavis said:

On -, @cpeck said:

Close: https://www.amazon.com/Bridgestone-Tour-Golf-Balls-Dozen/dp/B07BVX5VLB

after i typed that i did look around. seems bridgestone is doing a buy 3 get one and a hat.

Posted:
  • kcd38kcd38  418WRX Points: 132Members Posts: 418

After being a long time BXS and Pro V1 player, I played a few holes with the BX and was pleasantly surprised. Especially with my driver. It definitely spun less and gave me an extra 10-15 yards. It also felt great off of my irons. It feels a little harder with my wedges and putter, but not clicky. I guess more responsive is the best way to put it. Good strikes feel solid/soft. I am going to use it this weekend and see how it goes

Posted:
    Driver - PING G400 LST 8.5, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0
    3 Wood - PING G400 14.5, AD Di 6s
    Hybrid - Ping G410 19 degree, Tour AD DI 95x Hybrid 
    4-PW - Mizuno JPX 919 Tour PW-6, 919 Forged 5 iron, 919 Hot Metal Pro 5 iron, all with Modus Nippon3 120s
    Wedges - Vokey SM7 50F, 55F, 60 D 
    Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • c50soonerc50sooner  87WRX Points: 70Members Posts: 87

Please let us know as I'm contemplating the same switch. Recently switched to B XS from TP5x. Mostly happy so far but pondering the B X as I can get a little wayward with spin.

Posted:
    Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Aldila NK2V Green S / Callaway GBB 3 Wood - Kuro Kage TiNi R / Callaway Apex 20, 23 Hybrid - Kuro Kage Black S / Srixon Z355 5-PW - NS Pro 950GH S / Callaway MD2 47,52,56 - DG S300 / Odyssey Rossie 2 / TaylorMade TP5x
  • Zakers23Zakers23  117WRX Points: 37Members Posts: 117

2nd round with BX.. HOW is no one talking about this ball??

Posted:

it’s a great ball, is the bxs noticeably softer if you were to hit both back to back with the bx?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Zakers23Zakers23  117WRX Points: 37Members Posts: 117

On -, @cpeck said:

it’s a great ball, is the bxs noticeably softer if you were to hit both back to back with the bx?

I was doing this exact test

It’s about 10% softer in terms of feel then the BX which coincidently is the same compression percentage difference.

Overall BXS was better on half pitches and chips but just slightly

I’m a higher spin player so having that relief throughout the bag helped me, with the BX

Mid Long Irons / Both Balls did great into the wind, felt the dimple pattern helped here.

Driver, Both we’re carrying about the same Maybe 2-3 yards longer with the BX but total about 7-8 yards with the reduced spin.

Again I felt the dimple pattern contributed to the more penetrating ball flight.

Posted:

thanks

On -, @Zakers23 i’ll have to grab a sleeve of the bxs just to try next time i forget to reload with mtbs
    Posted:
  • elwhippyelwhippy  3325WRX Points: 299Members Posts: 3,325

Used a BXS a few weeks ago, when it was softer and shot 70 gross. Used same ball last week, after a dry spell and it simply did not grip, even off flushed strikes. Swapped to a Z-star et voila more control. Bridgestones will be resting until after we get some rain.

Posted:

Just broke 80 for the first time with my gamer (Tour B XS). This one caught the slope just right and trickled back to the hole...about 18" from my first hole in one. Doesn't get better than that (unless it goes in, I guess).

First day of really perfect weather so far this season. 60 degrees, little to no wind, fairways and greens taking good shape...love it. Had a couple of 70-80 yard wedge shots spin back a few feet and was able to make a few greenside chips check and release about 2-3 feet as desired. Plenty long off the driver and getting the exact flight I want off of my irons. Going to take a lot to pry me away from this ball!

Posted:

On -, @cpeck said:

Yes. Noticably. It isn't marshmallow soft, but you'll notice.

The B XS will also have a bit more bite around the greens chipping and pitching.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • c50soonerc50sooner  87WRX Points: 70Members Posts: 87

Had a chance to compare today hitting both balls at every shot. Came away really impressed with the BX and preferred it over the XS. Feel off driver is just awesome, straight mid launch that seemed unphased by wind. Have read others say it felt heavy off driver, I didn't have that feeling. bit well on shots 150 in, with XS maybe spinning more but it wasn't overly noticeable, BX certainly plenty adequate. Wonderful ball flight that holds its line. XS spun up on me at times into the wind and on less than perfect strikes. BX feel off putter was awesome with just the right amount of firmness to inspire control. XS is great off putter too but BX just felt perfect. Purchased more BX afterward to continue testing this season, so far it performs as good as any ball I've tried.

Posted:
    Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Aldila NK2V Green S / Callaway GBB 3 Wood - Kuro Kage TiNi R / Callaway Apex 20, 23 Hybrid - Kuro Kage Black S / Srixon Z355 5-PW - NS Pro 950GH S / Callaway MD2 47,52,56 - DG S300 / Odyssey Rossie 2 / TaylorMade TP5x
  • Arlin964Arlin964  129WRX Points: 44Members Posts: 129

On -, @c50sooner said:

Had a chance to compare today hitting both balls at every shot. Came away really impressed with the BX and preferred it over the XS. Feel off driver is just awesome, straight mid launch that seemed unphased by wind. Have read others say it felt heavy off driver, I didn't have that feeling. bit well on shots 150 in, with XS maybe spinning more but it wasn't overly noticeable, BX certainly plenty adequate. Wonderful ball flight that holds its line. XS spun up on me at times into the wind and on less than perfect strikes. BX feel off putter was awesome with just the right amount of firmness to inspire control. XS is great off putter too but BX just felt perfect. Purchased more BX afterward to continue testing this season, so far it performs as good as any ball I've tried.

I’m looking forward to trying the BX soon. I really like XS, and based on your account I think I’m going to like the BX even more.

Posted:
    TaylorMade R1 10.5*
    Ping Anser 3w
    Callaway Rogue X - 3h, 4h, 5h
    Nickent 6DX - 6-PW
    Wilson Staff PMP 50*
    Cleveland CBX 56*
    Odyssey #7s O-Works
  • scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & Houston 2592WRX Points: 267Members Posts: 2,592

this and the other XS thread have me really torn on which ball to try. the price is right and both balls seem good. I was a Nike Platinum last generation user and since always come back to the Pro V. I want the perfect wind ball.

Posted:
    • Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Orange 70TX
    • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
    • Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    • Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 46*F, 50*F C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 54*M, 60*M S400
    • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

Advertisement
  • kcd38kcd38  418WRX Points: 132Members Posts: 418

On -, @kcd38 said:

After being a long time BXS and Pro V1 player, I played a few holes with the BX and was pleasantly surprised. Especially with my driver. It definitely spun less and gave me an extra 10-15 yards. It also felt great off of my irons. It feels a little harder with my wedges and putter, but not clicky. I guess more responsive is the best way to put it. Good strikes feel solid/soft. I am going to use it this weekend and see how it goes

After playing a round with the Tour B X, I am impressed. For me, it is better off of the driver and long irons than the B XS (probably due to the reduction in spin as I am a higher spin player). The feel is slightly more firm than the B XS. I found it to be very similar to the 2017 Pro V1 or Pro V1X. The best part about the round was how straight the ball was flying. Off of good strikes the ball felt great off of the driver face and had a steady climb, plateau, and decent. No steep climb and float like I have seen with higher spin balls.
    Around the greens, the tour B XS is 'better' because I am so used to how it performs. But to my surprise although the Tour B X felt a little firmer it still had plenty of bite and control. If you account for slightly more roll than the Tour B XS it is not a huge difference.

Posted:
    Driver - PING G400 LST 8.5, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0
    3 Wood - PING G400 14.5, AD Di 6s
    Hybrid - Ping G410 19 degree, Tour AD DI 95x Hybrid 
    4-PW - Mizuno JPX 919 Tour PW-6, 919 Forged 5 iron, 919 Hot Metal Pro 5 iron, all with Modus Nippon3 120s
    Wedges - Vokey SM7 50F, 55F, 60 D 
    Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.