Breaking 90 - the "easiest" way?

Comments

• HitEmTrueHitEmTrue North Texas 6559Posted: Members Posts: 6,559
    mikpga wrote:

Two shots to hit par 3 greens...

Three shots to hit par 4 greens...

Four shots to hit par 5 greens...

Two putt every green...

Are you suggesting to purposefully try to NOT reach the greens in regulation?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • andrueandrue  1353Posted: Members Posts: 1,353
    Z1ggy16 wrote:

andrue wrote:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

andrue wrote:

SNIPERBBB wrote:

Some of the bogey+ guys a play with are horrid at just getting the ball green. Failing to get on the green with the first chip is worth two shots to these guys as it just kills confidence and the next chip just barely claws it's way onto the green. My 30cap league partner that I play with can threaten 45 for 9 holes when be is chipping well enough to get onto the green . Then he'll take double par on a hole and shoot 52. He can putt fairly well.
    Sounds a bit like me, although I manage to keep my scores in the low 90s most of the time. I lay up if need be to avoid having to chip and am usually reasonable at putting. Chipping is definitely an issue for me but the problem is that's a hard thing to practice. I can practice putting at home, I can practice full swings and at pitching my club's range. But the only place I can practice chipping is 25 miles away and a bit of a pain to get to. If I have enough time to practice chipping I usually have enough time to play golf at my club so chipping practice usually loses out.

If you have a backyard, you can practice chipping out of rough. And if you're hard core.. mow a section of your yard shorter and pretend it's fairway. Pick a spot and pretend it's a "landing area".
    I do have a garden but it's not a good practice area image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I'm in the UK and in the UK house builders have been shrinking gardens for decades (shrinking houses as well image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> ). Despite it being a three bedroom detached property my back garden is a square of 6 metres by 6 metres.

* I don't want to chip towards my patio doors.

* Trying to hunt errant balls out of flower beds is not fun.

* A shed blocks back swings from one corner. A clothes drier blocks swings from the opposite corner.

So that leaves a diagonal chip of about four metres. But..

* The garden slopes a bit. At one of the possible chipping corners that actually makes for a reasonable way to practice chipping from the rough around raised greens. However only one course in the area has those so not hugely useful. It also means chipping toward the patio doors so care is required. Chipping from the other corner is a flat lie but then I'm going down hill so the maximum chipping distance is reduced even further (sadly there's a thorny bush in the opposite corner so really don't want to bury balls in it).

I do sometimes practice in the garden anyway but it's so restrictive that it's hard to do it for more than ten minutes. And if practice isn't at least pleasant then it's not going to happen. The place I can go at least has a three hole 'academy' course with raised greens so is actually a great place to practice irons and the short game. It's just finding the time :-/

Are there any public parks near by? Do you have a basement or garage? For the park... that could be a place to go hit small chips and pretend it's the rough. You can even buy "Chipping nets" off Amazon that will catch the balls for you. If you have room in your home, you can buy a small little golf matt and hit into that same net.

I live in a condo and when I can't make it to the practice greens, I chip in the public grassy area outside.
    Not a bad idea but the nearest park has a sign saying 'no hard ball games'. I do sometimes do a bit of chipping on the grassland around my office. That's not too bad actually. Maybe I should keep a ball and club there permanently..
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue Driver.
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
    Callaway 60* Sureout wedge
    Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
    Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
    Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).
  • copperjeffcopperjeff  970Posted: Members Posts: 970
    HitEmTrue wrote:

copperjeff wrote:
    Easiest way to break 90 is play 9 holes....

Seriously though, if you can legitimately score in the 90s (no mulligans, playing it down and in) the easiest way to break 90 is more likely a change in mindset than anything else.

Bogey is a good score when trying to break 90. Play for bogey, 18 bogies is a 90, "luck" into a couple pars and it gives you room for a double.

Pump a tee shot into the trees, don't think how do I get this to the pin, think, can I get this near the green. Par 5, think what club can I regularly advance a decent distance on the 2nd shot. Miss the green on a par 3, think, get the next one on the green so I have a chance to 2 putt.

Play a couple of rounds with a different mindset and see what happens.

When I break 90, this is my plan. Play with a plan for bogie. Go for GIR+1 vs only GIR.

If that’s your plan when starting each hole, that how to NOT break 90. You are leaving yourself no room for truly bad shots.

To be clear I'm not saying stand on the tee box saying to yourself "yea I'm gonna get a bogey woot woot".

Its more like bogey is your new par. You are still trying to do better than "par" on the hole, but if you end up with a bogey thats ok.

This mindset makes a par more like a birdie.

Will this strategy work if you are shooting 120 every time, no. Thats why said if you are legitimately in the 90s, a change of mindset is all you might need.
    Posted:
    Golfing Ginger
    So glad I picked an outside activity...
  • GSDriverGSDriver  688Posted: Members Posts: 688
    Eliminate one side of the course, so know your miss.

Practice short game more than anything, unless you get up & down over 66% of the time.

Make more putts.
    Posted:
    Epic Speeder 661
    Rogue 4 Wood Evenflow 75 Blue
    Epic Hybrids 3/4/5
    Apex Pro 6-P Recoil 110 F4
    MD Slate Forged 52
    PM Grind 56/60
    Odyssey EXO Stroke Lab 7 Mini
    All grips except putter are Iomic Sticky 2.3
  • HitEmTrueHitEmTrue North Texas 6559Posted: Members Posts: 6,559
    copperjeff wrote:

To be clear I'm not saying stand on the tee box saying to yourself "yea I'm gonna get a bogey woot woot".

Its more like bogey is your new par. You are still trying to do better than "par" on the hole, but if you end up with a bogey thats ok.

Will this strategy work if you are shooting 120 every time, no. Thats why said if you are legitimately in the 90s, a change of mindset is all you might need.

I'm talking about the strategy of laying back, AWAY from the green...to hit the green on the GIR plus one shot. For example, hit mid-iron (or shorter) on first and second shots on a par 4, to leave a full iron shot (or full wedge) into the green on the third shot. It leaves no room for error.

If someone is good enough lay up...hit all the greens on GIR+1 with a full shot...then two putt them all for a 90, he is good enough to shoot low 80's. Or much better.
    Posted:
  • Krt22Krt22 East Bay 7825Posted: Members Posts: 7,825
    ^^ I Agree. If you are consistent enough to hit every green in 1 extra stroke and 2-putt from there, you are generally a pretty decent ball striker and likely capable of well below 90. In reality breaking 90 is all about getting your ball striking to the point where you aren't completely wasting strokes/getting in trouble off the tee and putting up big numbers along with a serviceable short game. There really isnt a magic formula or trick to it, you need to have a decent all around game
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • dlygrissedlygrisse Kansas 13617Posted: Members Posts: 13,617
    Work on your weaknesses.

If you 3 putt more than once a round practice your putting, a lot.

You need to learn to hit at least one reliable short game shot to get on the green and vicinity of the hole.

Course management, keep your tee shots in play, and get your 2nd shots close to the green. Avoid hazards and OB.

I broke 90 every round I played this year except 1. There is nothing about my game that would impress most people except I rarely lost a ball, and my short game is solid. I rarely 3 putt, I often chip it close enough to make it, I rarely miss a putt inside 3 feet. I don't hit it long, but I hardly leave it in a bunker, or fail to put it on the green when inside 40 yards, and I'm usually with in a range that expect to have a chance to make the putt.

I used to break 80 a hand full of times a year, and occasionally 70 on an easy course. My game is falling apart because of physical issues, but my short game and course management remain strong. Current index is 8.8.

To me breaking 90 is all about the short game and management, going low requires longer drives and accurate irons, giving yourself chances to make birdie. Eliminate the big number, if you never do worse than bogey you will break 90 every time you play, I promise, I mean ya gotta make one par right? Or play a par 71......The guys I know who shoot in the 70's make 2-3 birdies a round, the guys I know who shoot in the 90's rarely get up and down.
    Posted:
    I pick 14 of the following:
    Ping G400
    Callaway Epic Flash 3w 
    Ping G410 5 and 7 wood
    Callaway Apex 23*
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58 SS or Vokey M Grind 58
    Grips NDMC +4
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ProV1x-mostly
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • copperjeffcopperjeff  970Posted: Members Posts: 970
    HitEmTrue wrote:

copperjeff wrote:

I'm talking about the strategy of laying back, AWAY from the green...to hit the green on the GIR plus one shot. For example, hit mid-iron (or shorter) on first and second shots on a par 4, to leave a full iron shot (or full wedge) into the green on the third shot. It leaves no room for error.

If someone is good enough lay up...hit all the greens on GIR+1 with a full shot...then two putt them all for a 90, he is good enough to shoot low 80's. Or much better.

Agreed, I'm not suggesting anyone goes for the strategy you mention either.

Play for par (or better) from the tee.

Most legit 90s shooters can at least advance the ball a fair distance on the vast majority of swings. It may not go the intended distance, and might be offline a ways.

If you get into trouble off the tee, remember bogey is ok, you don't have to hit the green on your 2nd. Just get the ball in the vicinity of the green. Most greens have a nice opening in front that offers a "simple" chip shot. Hit your chip shot and have a putt for par, and a 2 putt at bogey.

Hit a good drive great! You dont have to stick your second shot next to the pin. Play it smart.

This isn't the strategy I'm recommending for the 100s shooter, nor the guy that wants to get good enough to one day shoot a score in the 70s.

This is the advice for the guy/gal that shoots a real score in the 90s doesn't have the want/time/money/whatever to practice a lot and will be happy getting that first number to start with an 8 on the scorecard here and there. Hence, "easiest".

For any other goals or situations my answer is different.

Edit: Many people I see that call themselves 90s shooters are actually in the 100s when counting mulligans, S&D, putting everything out. Hence my qualifier of legitimate 90s shooter.
    Posted:
    Golfing Ginger
    So glad I picked an outside activity...
  • mikpgamikpga www.mikedeitersgolf.com  7404Posted: Members Posts: 7,404
    HitEmTrue wrote:

mikpga wrote:

Two shots to hit par 3 greens...

Three shots to hit par 4 greens...

Four shots to hit par 5 greens...

Two putt every green...

Are you suggesting to purposefully try to NOT reach the greens in regulation?

I'm simply good at math...

It's up to the golfer to understand the math and how it relates to their goal of lowering their score and how they choose to play...
    Posted:
  • Krt22Krt22 East Bay 7825Posted: Members Posts: 7,825
    I disagree, the math just doesn't work out like that on average, so using that as the goal to work backwards doesn't make much sense to me.
    Posted:
  • Chowdah86Chowdah86  342Posted: Members Posts: 342
    One of the biggest things is not losing balls.

I play a course with a 200 yard par 3 that has a long narrow green with water on one side and trees on the other. I've seen this type of hole on several courses. There is a nice wide fairway leading up to the green, the hazards start where the green starts. When I play holes like this, I often lay up with my 180 club to the gathering area leading up to the green then go for an up and down. The green is typically really flat and the pins are never in tricky locations, making a chip and a putt not so difficult. Im pretty sure the course designer made the hole to be played this way. I see people rack up 5's and 6's on par 3's like this because they go for the green and lose their ball in the woods or the hazard.

If you are focused on not losing your ball, you tend to make better choices and save strokes. So many poor golfers have the talent necessary to break 90, but they make poor decisions. They end up hitting their third shot from the tee of nearly 1/3rd of the holes they play and yet they never address this glaring issue. You need to ask yourself what the course designer had in mind with each hole. Sometimes it can be really fun and interesting to find the little landmines they leave for you. Like there are typically hazards/bunkers leading up the the green on short par 5's. That's because the designer knows people will try to get on in two. Or we all have been on that tricky short par 4 that has a wide landing area 160 yards off the tee and then it gets tight with hazards around 220-250 yards. Clearly the objective is to punish those who pull out driver every hole.

Buy a sleeve of Pro v1's and make it your objective to play them for as many rounds as possible. I'll bet your score will go down.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • flushemflushem  1862Posted: Members Posts: 1,862
    2 days ago, I got to game at Royal Links (Gold Tee, 6600 yds, 72.0/132) in Las Vegas, which consists famous the Open holes from UK. Very humbling experience; I underestimated the power of fescue. It is IMPOSSIBLE to find balls once goes in. Also, bunch of hidden bunkers. Lastly, weird bent grass or bermuda like greens.

During the round, these are few things I applied from this thread and videos.
    • I used hybrids in many holes to avoid fescue and bunkers.
    • I used the laser rangefinder and course map (on the grint) for ball placements
    • I did not add up scores but recorded total strokes, total putts made and mistakes
    • I concentrated on one stroke at a time; upon a mistake, I focused on the next stroke by saying "one good stroke makes difference"
    • I focused on placing ball on green rather than trying to place it near green; it freed my mind and enabled me to make stree-free strokes.

I shot 91 with 2 blow-up holes. At a Par 5 hole, I shot 9 including 3 lost balls in fescue. At par 3, I shot 6 including 2 sand shots out of this impossible British style cylinder bunker. But the highlight was that I made 8 pars (6 in a row in back 9) with 4 1-putt par saves. I knew I made lotta pars but didn't know until done.

Although I didn't get to break 90, I do like the progress of somewhat stress-free process-driven golf with 70% rule. At easier course, I will be able to break 90 easily with this pace and mentality.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • mikpgamikpga www.mikedeitersgolf.com  7404Posted: Members Posts: 7,404
    Krt22 wrote:

I disagree, the math just doesn't work out like that on average, so using that as the goal to work backwards doesn't make much sense to me.

Agree to disagree!
    Posted:
  • GMRGMR  1054Posted: Members Posts: 1,054
    Chowdah86 wrote:

Buy a sleeve of Pro v1's and make it your objective to play them for as many rounds as possible. I'll bet your score will go down.

Yes and no. On one hand I agree entirely about not losing balls, but the problem is that if not losing balls is the goal (i.e. avoiding a negative result) then it's too easy to fall into the trap of playing defensively and not making good solid assertive swings. There's a fine balance that needs to be found between picking conservative targets to aim at where you can fit your dispersion pattern in comfortably, and playing positively and aggressively to the targets you choose.
    Posted:
  • sos7sos7  105Posted: Members Posts: 105
    Keep the ball in play off the tee. If you find yourself in s bad spot... 100 yard wedge to something more playable . Work on lag putting
    Posted:
  • me05501me05501  414Posted: Members Posts: 414
    I've realized that I have a silly mental block that prevents me from breaking 90 much more often.

My worst holes relative to par are almost always par fives, and it's almost always because I treat the tee shot differently than other holes. I try and hit a driver as far as I can, which often leads to tragic results.

This makes no sense, because I'm relatively short off the tee anyway and I'm never in position to get on in two. However, if I manage my game and get on in three I'm very likely to make par.

I need to adjust this. Rather than try and hit my driver as far as possible off the tee, risking OB or similar, I need to use a safe fairway finder and plan for three shots from the beginning.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Yesterday, I got to game at my home course (6439 yds, [background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]71.6/130)[/background], narrow undulated fairways and fast hard undulated greens.

During the round,
    • I used hybrids to keep balls on fairways.
    • I used the laser rangefinder and course map (on the grint) for ball placements
    • I did not add up scores but recorded total strokes, total putts made and mistakes until the round was done
    • I concentrated on one stroke at a time; upon a mistake, I focused on the next stroke by saying "one good stroke makes difference"
    • I focused on placing ball on green rather than trying to place it near green; it freed my mind and enabled me to make stree-free strokes.

Such practice resulted in:
    • 86 gross score
    • 5 GIRs, 8 pars, 4 1-putt par saves
    • 79% FIR

Now time for me to keep the trend.
    Posted:
  • msgmsg  363Posted: Members Posts: 363
    After a bad September for me, I was not able to play a lot last month. I was not able to practice too. So when I got the chance in October to play, I was afraid that I would suck. But I was wrong. I just kept the formula I was following in August.

I shot 84 for my first game back being rusty. 81 last week.

What I did is:

1 shot at a time. I accepted that I will make mistakes since I was rusty.

I tried to keep the ball in play always. Still lost two golf balls on each outing.

I got up and down a lot and putted well enough to get my second putts, in tap in range,

I did not add my score and just focused on what was on hand.

In the last two games, my driver has been spotty. But my irons and short game was still intact. It proved again my theory that even with a 160 yard drive, I can score low as long as I don't lose golf balls. That is if I play a 6000-6500 yard course.
    Posted:
  • oikos1oikos1  2402Posted: Members Posts: 2,402
    Geez, who knew there were so many ways to break 90.
    Posted:
  • GolfjackGolfjack All about the rotation  1212Posted: Members Posts: 1,212
    The biggest problem is, it's not really easy to break 90. Also depends on the course that you play at. Flat, short, easy courses are the quickest way to break 90 IMO. Actually, IMO quickest way to break 90 is to play more. I know that's how I did it lol.
    Posted:
    TM M4 Driver 10.5
    TM M4 3 wood 16
    4H (22) Aeroburner TP
    Mizuno MP-15 4, 5 iron, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno MP-5 6-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedges Mizuno T7 50, 56, 60
    Honma HP 1002

Alternate set:
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9.5, Nike VR Pro 4-PW DG x100, Titleist AP2 712 DG x100 4-P, Callaway Jaws X Series CC Wedges 52 56 60, , Odyssey Arm Lock Putter, Gauge Design Eldik Putter with Superstroke Fatso 5
  • Tanner25Tanner25  6432Posted: Members Posts: 6,432
    Golfjack wrote:

The biggest problem is, it's not really easy to break 90. Also depends on the course that you play at. Flat, short, easy courses are the quickest way to break 90 IMO. Actually, IMO quickest way to break 90 is to play more. I know that's how I did it lol.

+1 Two great points. If you're playing a hilly ball eating course, it will be harder to break 90. One time, a friend who is older in his 60's said, he shoots 80's all of the time. I said, what's the secret, he said, I play 3 days per week.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16  8045Posted: Members Posts: 8,045
    I shot a 93 this past weekend. Didn't lose a single ball, played the 2 balls in my pocket the whole round. Why did I still not break 90? Easy.. Putting. I had FOUR three putts, and had 3 missed putts inside four feet. You take away those garbage putts and I have an easy 87 or 88.

So... while I do think keeping 1 ball in play the whole round is crucial to breaking 90, avoiding 3 putts like the plague is also extremely important. Figure, for every 3 putt you make, that's like tossing a ball OB or in a hazard pretty much.

I've also been keeping stats on TheGrint and I've come to learn I play par 3's horribly. I'm losing the most strokes to par 3's and I'm shooting just over par on par 5's. So out of say the 16-20 strokes a round a lose, I'm losing nearly half to par 3's. Must be mental because non of the courses I play have par 3's over 200 yards so it's not like I'm having to play a 4i or hybrid often. Usually anywhere from 7-PW. My iron striking is decent enough where I should be making mostly 3's and 4's.
    Posted:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

I shot a 93 this past weekend. Didn't lose a single ball, played the 2 balls in my pocket the whole round. Why did I still not break 90? Easy.. Putting. I had FOUR three putts, and had 3 missed putts inside four feet. You take away those garbage putts and I have an easy 87 or 88.

So... while I do think keeping 1 ball in play the whole round is crucial to breaking 90, avoiding 3 putts like the plague is also extremely important. Figure, for every 3 putt you make, that's like tossing a ball OB or in a hazard pretty much.

I've also been keeping stats on TheGrint and I've come to learn I play par 3's horribly. I'm losing the most strokes to par 3's and I'm shooting just over par on par 5's. So out of say the 16-20 strokes a round a lose, I'm losing nearly half to par 3's. Must be mental because non of the courses I play have par 3's over 200 yards so it's not like I'm having to play a 4i or hybrid often. Usually anywhere from 7-PW. My iron striking is decent enough where I should be making mostly 3's and 4's.

At par 3 holes, why don't you leave your ego at home and place balls in safe places? It does not have to be on green. 2 on and 2 putts for a bogey. In my case, I may play stress-free golf at part 3s with such mentality. It is simllar to driving with hybrids at par 4s & 5s.
    Posted:
  • tatertottatertot  4608Posted: Members Posts: 4,608
    Z1ggy16 wrote:

If you ONLY had 4 3-putts and still shot a 93, putting is not your problem.
    Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade M3, 10.5*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1, 19*
    Long Iron: Ping iE1, 26*
    Mid Iron: Ping iE1, 32*
    Short Iron: Ping iE1, 41*
    Wedge: Ping iE1, 45*
    Gap: Ping Glide SS, 52*
    Lob: Ping Glide ES, 60*
    Putter: Yes Callie Mid, 41"
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Bag: Ping Mascot
    tatertot wrote:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

I don't quite understand what you mean? I had 40 total putts that round, didn't lose a single ball. Only hit 4-5 greens... but this is breaking 90, not 80. If I did nothing different but just made a couple putts, that's an easy 90 break.
    Posted:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

tatertot wrote:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

I don't quite understand what you mean? I had 40 total putts that round, didn't lose a single ball. Only hit 4-5 greens... but this is breaking 90, not 80. If I did nothing different but just made a couple putts, that's an easy 90 break.

Zig, you seriously need indoor practice putting green. start from 2 ft and 1 foot interval. my cheap Cally one is only 9ft long but it helps me tremendously. I was king of 3 putts but now my avg putt is down to 32.1 per the Grint. since you have the Grint, have your buddies join and be in silent competition.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    flushem wrote:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

tatertot wrote:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

Zig, you seriously need indoor practice putting green. start from 2 ft and 1 foot interval. my cheap Cally one is only 9ft long but it helps me tremendously. I was king of 3 putts but now my avg putt is down to 32.1 per the Grint. since you have the Grint, have your buddies join and be in silent competition.

I don't have the room my man :-/ I have all hardwood floors and my condo is maaaybe 800sqft. I have a little area rug but it's at most 6 feet long. I do practice on it but it's not the same as on a real green. Maybe I need to buy a nice practice green thing like you have and sling it down my hallway. Wife will love that... lol.

Man... if I averaged 32 ppr that would change my game. Currently 37.1 PPR average.
    Posted:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

flushem wrote:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

tatertot wrote:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

I don't have the room my man :-/ I have all hardwood floors and my condo is maaaybe 800sqft. I have a little area rug but it's at most 6 feet long. I do practice on it but it's not the same as on a real green. Maybe I need to buy a nice practice green thing like you have and sling it down my hallway. Wife will love that... lol.

Man... if I averaged 32 ppr that would change my game. Currently 37.1 PPR average.

in your case, Matt from golf sidekick on YT recommends to putt on 4' metal ruler that you can find at hardware store. I have not done that yet but willing to try.
    Posted:
  • tatertottatertot  4608Posted: Members Posts: 4,608
    Z1ggy16 wrote:

flushem wrote:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

tatertot wrote:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

This webpage changed my game ...

https://www.paultrevillion.com/inventor-of-split-hand-putting-method.html

I didn't buy his book ... But I putt exactly like he does and it save my game. I'd went from a 4 handicap to struggling to break 80 because I was averaging over 36 putts a round. I went all in on this technique ... Except I'm 6-5 and old, so I kept my putter at 35 inches(a Cleveland HB1), added a Ping counterbalance grip (I think approx 15 inches long) and don't vary my hand position according to length of putt. I'm back to low to mid 70s consistently, and have never been better inside 4 feet.

Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade M3, 10.5*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1, 19*
    Long Iron: Ping iE1, 26*
    Mid Iron: Ping iE1, 32*
    Short Iron: Ping iE1, 41*
    Wedge: Ping iE1, 45*
    Gap: Ping Glide SS, 52*
    Lob: Ping Glide ES, 60*
    Putter: Yes Callie Mid, 41"
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Bag: Ping Mascot

Advertisement
    tatertot wrote:

This webpage changed my game ...

https://www.paultrev...ing-method.html

I didn't buy his book ... But I putt exactly like he does and it save my game. I'd went from a 4 handicap to struggling to break 80 because I was averaging over 36 putts a round. I went all in on this technique ... Except I'm 6-5 and old, so I kept my putter at 35 inches(a Cleveland HB1), added a Ping counterbalance grip (I think approx 15 inches long) and don't vary my hand position according to length of putt. I'm back to low to mid 70s consistently, and have never been better inside 4 feet.

Trevillion looks nothing but golfer. LOL

Do you putt this way in all distance? Is your back ok from this crane stance?

Thanx for the articles and video.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file