My custom set of Miura Giken CB-1008 irons

124»

Comments

• tigercolt77tigercolt77 Members Posts: 959 ✭✭
    larciel wrote:

So was your price head only or with shaft?

I bought heads only, wanted to use PX lz shafts and they didn't offer them as an option. Plus it allowed me to use custom ferrules and grips.
    Epic Flash Sub Zero Accra TZ6
    Callaway Rogue 5W Kiyoshi Purple 75
    TM M3 21 Hybrid Diamana Thump 90
    Taylormade p790 4-PW PX LZ
    Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 50f,54f,58m s400
    Lajosi DD201 flow neck
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX Posts: 2,208 ClubWRX
    Always interested in hearing how these 1008’s are playing with current owners and how they feel at impact vs other Miuras. Do they have that same pleasing explosive thump? I am currently gaming the CB57 and I find the impact feel of them to be a big part of the thrill. It definitely feels different from other clubs to me. Not mushy soft, or clicky or hard. The solid strikes are intoxicating, delivering the message that you’ve just compressed a golf ball.
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • jonn443jonn443 Jonnystx Members Posts: 4,610 ✭✭
    edited Jun 3, 2018 #94
    So, are they worth the $2000+ price tag.... compared to Mizuno, Bridgestone, or Callaway Forged Irons.

How do they feel and compare in forgiveness...

... or PXG
    AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
    AB TP 3HL / 757
    XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
    DWS 24*/ VS Proto
    J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
    X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
    Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX Posts: 2,208 ClubWRX
    jonn443 wrote:

So, are they worth the $2000+ price tag.... compared to Mizuno, Bridgestone, or Callaway Forged Irons.

... or PXG

If it came down to Miura vs PXG, I’d go with Miura every time. PXG makes a high-performance iron, no doubt, just not my thing. Don’t really care for the machine-screw look of the PXG. A few would be fine but they took it too far. Back of the iron looks like a scene from Scarface.

Miura charges a lot but it is not like you are paying more for a club made the same way in the same factory as a TaylorMade (choosing them for their notorious reputation for loose tolerances and incorrect custom specs.)

There are differences. The legendary forging house in which the Miuras are manufactured, the attention to detail, the tight tolerances, no shortcuts, the personal touch, the beautifully balanced golf clubs that have a unique process they believe in, whether you like the spin-welded hosel or not. The clubs are not a ripoff in performance, they perform so well you can’t forget that feeling at impact. You’re paying for all of that. Are they ‘better’ than Mizuno or other top brands? Well, I really love Mizuno and I would say Miura is not necessarily better. Not ‘better’ than the best from Ping or Callaway or Titleist. Miura is different, though, and deliver craftsmanship and precision, and a lot of enjoyment for your money.
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • jonn443jonn443 Jonnystx Members Posts: 4,610 ✭✭
    edited Jun 3, 2018 #96
    dmeeksDC wrote:

jonn443 wrote:

... or PXG

If it came down to Miura vs PXG, I’d go with Miura every time. PXG makes a high-performance iron, no doubt, just not my thing. Don’t really care for the machine-screw look of the PXG. A few would be fine but they took it too far. Back of the iron looks like a scene from Scarface.

Miura charges a lot but it is not like you are paying more for a club made the same way in the same factory as a TaylorMade (choosing them for their notorious reputation for loose tolerances and incorrect custom specs.)

There are differences. The legendary forging house in which the Miuras are manufactured, the attention to detail, the tight tolerances, no shortcuts, the personal touch, the beautifully balanced golf clubs that have a unique process they believe in, whether you like the spin-welded hosel or not. The clubs are not a ripoff in performance, they perform so well you can’t forget that feeling at impact. You’re paying for all of that. Are they ‘better’ than Mizuno or other top brands? Well, I really love Mizuno and I would say Miura is not necessarily better. Not ‘better’ than the best from Ping or Callaway or Titleist. Miura is different, though, and deliver craftsmanship and precision, and a lot of enjoyment for your money.

I can clearly see the craftsmanship and personal attention in these 1008s... they are everything a Player's CB should be.

My J15CBs are the best feeling and most forgiving players CB I have ever hit. Combined with Modus 3 125 shafts, they blow my MP64s and 53s away in performance, softness in feel, and destroy them in forgiveness. Toe hits causing sharp overcooked draws with my 53s are now a 10yd draw that will still usually hit the green (with the J15s).

How do these 1008s compare to other Player's CBs..

And what do they play similiar to?
    AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
    AB TP 3HL / 757
    XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
    DWS 24*/ VS Proto
    J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
    X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
    Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0
    jonn443 wrote:

... or PXG

I didn't pay anywhere near $2000 you're suggesting and I got them completely customized. Something you can't get from Mizuno, Bridgestone or Callaway. These are the best iron I have played or tried. I've gamed the pxg 0311t and these are superior in every way. So to me, they are worth the cost but certainly they didn't cost me near $2000.
    Lajosi DD201 flow neck
    dmeeksDC wrote:

Always interested in hearing how these 1008’s are playing with current owners and how they feel at impact vs other Miuras. Do they have that same pleasing explosive thump? I am currently gaming the CB57 and I find the impact feel of them to be a big part of the thrill. It definitely feels different from other clubs to me. Not mushy soft, or clicky or hard. The solid strikes are intoxicating, delivering the message that you’ve just compressed a golf ball.

I've gamed the cb57's which are great, to me these are a little softer but not mushy. Very solid all the way around, plus I got to customize them which was really cool.
    Lajosi DD201 flow neck
    edited Jun 4, 2018 #99
    jonn443 wrote:

dmeeksDC wrote:

jonn443 wrote:

... or PXG

I can clearly see the craftsmanship and personal attention in these 1008s... they are everything a Player's CB should be.

My J15CBs are the best feeling and most forgiving players CB I have ever hit. Combined with Modus 3 125 shafts, they blow my MP64s and 53s away in performance, softness in feel, and destroy them in forgiveness. Toe hits causing sharp overcooked draws with my 53s are now a 10yd draw that will still usually hit the green (with the J15s).

How do these 1008s compare to other Player's CBs..

And what do they play similiar to?

Much smaller package than the cb15, they perform similarly but I actually preferred the Srixon's over the Bridgestones and prefer the CB 1008 over my Srixon's. They are pretty small for a CB, very little offset and thin topline but I think they're as forgiving as my z765s and close to your bridgestones.
    Lajosi DD201 flow neck
  • kizdockizdoc Wildcat ClubWRX Posts: 407 ClubWRX

dmeeksDC wrote:

Always interested in hearing how these 1008's are playing with current owners and how they feel at impact vs other Miuras. Do they have that same pleasing explosive thump? I am currently gaming the CB57 and I find the impact feel of them to be a big part of the thrill. It definitely feels different from other clubs to me. Not mushy soft, or clicky or hard. The solid strikes are intoxicating, delivering the message that you've just compressed a golf ball.

I've gamed the cb57's which are great, to me these are a little softer but not mushy. Very solid all the way around, plus I got to customize them which was really cool.

Love your clubs! I was also able to custom order my Miura Giken MB 5300s, which is very similar to the US Miura MB 001s. Just like yours, mine have the thinnest topline, reduced offset, nickel satin with copper underlay, and the double cut sole grind. I think being able to customize them is a great advantage over the US Miura's.

Titleist TS3 9.5* MCA Diamana BF 60X
    Titleist TS2 16.5* Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S
    Titleist 818 H1 21* MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue Hybrid 80S
    Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-PW N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 105S
    Miura 1957 51Y, 55C, 59C Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour Wedge 115
    Byron Morgan DH89 34/350
    Titleist Pro V1

kizdoc wrote:

dmeeksDC wrote:

Always interested in hearing how these 1008's are playing with current owners and how they feel at impact vs other Miuras. Do they have that same pleasing explosive thump? I am currently gaming the CB57 and I find the impact feel of them to be a big part of the thrill. It definitely feels different from other clubs to me. Not mushy soft, or clicky or hard. The solid strikes are intoxicating, delivering the message that you've just compressed a golf ball.

Love your clubs! I was also able to custom order my Miura Giken MB 5300s, which is very similar to the US Miura MB 001s. Just like yours, mine have the thinnest topline, reduced offset, nickel satin with copper underlay, and the double cut sole grind. I think being able to customize them is a great advantage over the US Miura's.

Those are beautiful, totally agree about being able to tweak them to your liking. Huge selling point.
    Lajosi DD201 flow neck
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99) Foxboro, MAMembers Posts: 2,424 ✭✭
    All that **** customization in Japan and brother can't get a **** 52° Baby Blade Stateside!!!
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

W. I. T. B.

Callaway Epic Flash 9.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4+ 16.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway X-Forged UT 27.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Callaway X-Forged UT 30.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 CB-57 7-8 Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 Baby Blade 9-P Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 52.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 58.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 KM-007 Soft Black Apollo APPN 36 Black Smoke S
    Callaway 2018 Chrome Soft X
  • Mike_CMike_C Members Posts: 1,467 ✭✭
    God these Mirua's in this thread are gorgeous. I had a set of MB001 with recoil proto 125 a year ago I got from a friend as I wanted to try graphite shafts. They were not quite my specs (too short), but man did they feel great. Easier to hit that I expected also, but still a bit demanding. He sold them to me for a song on a relative basis. But in the end, sold them back to him for the same price. Those 1008s are almost calling my name.....
    WITB
    2017 9.5 M2 Tour AD DI 7X
    Srixon Z F85 15* HZRDUS 75 Yellow 6.0
    Big Bertha Alpha 815 Hybrid 18* Fujikura Speeder 865 S
    Srixon U85 23* Recoil F5
    Srixon Z585 5 iron Recoil 95 F5
    Srixon Z785 6-PW Recoil 95 F5
    Cleveland RTX4 50 Mid Recoil 95 F5
    Callaway MD 4 56/10 S Recoil 125 F5
    Ping Glide 2.0 60 SS or Callaway MD 4 60/12 W Recoil Proto 125 F5
    Never Compromise Dinero  Baron 
    Srixon Z Star