MG C4 2018

IMAwayIMAway Members Posts: 695 ✭✭
Any of you detectives figure out who makes this ball? Is it just a re-badged...(fill in the blank)??
Cobra F6 driver
Cobra F6 fairway
Cobra F6 hybrid
Cobra Forged Tec 4-A w/ Recoils
Cobra King Wedge 54 & 58
Seemore Corona Del Mar Deep Flange

Comments

• monks66monks66 Members Posts: 589 ✭✭
  • ode1ode1 Members Posts: 2,835 ✭✭
    monks66 wrote:

ksig? hehe

Lol
  • suprfli6suprfli6 Members Posts: 459 ✭✭
    The MG C4 has been around for like six years or so at this point, and it has changed a few times in that span. The original was supposedly identical to the Hogan Tour Deep but it changed to something else a few years ago. I don’t know who makes them though sorry.
  • IMAwayIMAway Members Posts: 695 ✭✭
    suprfli6 wrote:

The MG C4 has been around for like six years or so at this point, and it has changed a few times in that span. The original was supposedly identical to the Hogan Tour Deep but it changed to something else a few years ago. I don't know who makes them though sorry.

I remember that... the Hogan Tour Deep. I'd really like to know what they are today....
    Cobra F6 driver
    Cobra F6 fairway
    Cobra F6 hybrid
    Cobra Forged Tec 4-A w/ Recoils
    Cobra King Wedge 54 & 58
    Seemore Corona Del Mar Deep Flange
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,564 ClubWRX
    is this ball good?

i love the gloves....
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • cardigancardigan Members Posts: 40
    Glancing at the conforming ball list, the specs seem most similar to older model Callaway balls.
  • nupezbnupezb Members Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Concur on the older Callaway balls. However, the MG C4s are good valued balls.
    King F8 Volition Driver Blue Camo
    Cleveland 588 Fairway 3 wood

King F8 One Length Hybrid 19°
    King F8 One Length Hybrid 25°
    Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 4-GW
    Titleist Vokey 52°

Titleist Vokey 55°
    Titleist Vokey 60°
    Cleveland Huntington Beach 4 Putter
    Snell MTB

MG Tour C4
    Precision Pro NX7
  • phil75070phil75070 Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    The one guy I know that plays the C4 swears by it. Another guy I play with plays their "senior" ball and loves it.
  • lookylookitzadamlookylookitzadam Members Posts: 439 ✭✭
    I always thought they were made by callaway or something.
  • suprfli6suprfli6 Members Posts: 459 ✭✭
    phil75070 wrote:

The one guy I know that plays the C4 swears by it. Another guy I play with plays their "senior" ball and loves it.

Be sure to call him a cheater any time he gets a little smug about outdriving you (their Senior ball is non-conforming).
  • TheShaunTheShaun Members Posts: 1,103 ✭✭
    Don't know who makes it but this ball is a top performer.
  • tngolf22tngolf22 Robert Members Posts: 397
    I don't see how they could be by Callaway since they have round dimples and not the hex dimples, unless Callway makes other balls with round dimples. I've been playing the MG almost since they came out. For a urethane ball you really can't beat the price. I would be curious as well as to who really makes it. I'm sure someone out there knows but no one is talking image/secret.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':secret:' /> lol.
  • tngolf22tngolf22 Robert Members Posts: 397
    suprfli6 wrote:

phil75070 wrote:

Be sure to call him a cheater any time he gets a little smug about outdriving you (their Senior ball is non-conforming).

My dad and I have been playing the MG for several years and he bought the senior version and played with them until he ran out of the dozen he bought. He even gave me one to try. Neither of us could really tell the difference between the senior version and the C4. I hit them a few times side by side and they never ended up more than 10 yards apart distance-wise. My dad is very competitive and would do anything to get some kind of edge in his old age. He played with them at his club and no one said anything about them being non-conforming. After his dozen ran out he went back to the regular C4 so that tells me he really didn't notice any kind of advantage. Neither of us are long hitters so maybe our swing speeds aren't enough to make notice between the two.

That said, my uncle plays the senior so now we call him a cheater image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' /> lol.
  • nupezbnupezb Members Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Looking at the confirming golf balls list their data is very similar to Callaway balls (Construction, Spin Rate, & Dimples).
    King F8 Volition Driver Blue Camo
    Cleveland 588 Fairway 3 wood

King F8 One Length Hybrid 19°
    King F8 One Length Hybrid 25°
    Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 4-GW
    Titleist Vokey 52°

Titleist Vokey 55°
    Titleist Vokey 60°
    Cleveland Huntington Beach 4 Putter
    Snell MTB

MG Tour C4
    Precision Pro NX7
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,212 ✭✭
    edited May 22, 2018 #16
    tngolf22 wrote:

suprfli6 wrote:

phil75070 wrote:

My dad and I have been playing the MG for several years and he bought the senior version and played with them until he ran out of the dozen he bought. He even gave me one to try. Neither of us could really tell the difference between the senior version and the C4. I hit them a few times side by side and they never ended up more than 10 yards apart distance-wise. My dad is very competitive and would do anything to get some kind of edge in his old age. He played with them at his club and no one said anything about them being non-conforming. After his dozen ran out he went back to the regular C4 so that tells me he really didn't notice any kind of advantage. Neither of us are long hitters so maybe our swing speeds aren't enough to make notice between the two.

That said, my uncle plays the senior so now we call him a cheater image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' /> lol.

I sampled one Sr ball and didn't find them any different than any other distance ball like a velocity. It's a bit misleading.
  • JackrwestyJackrwesty Members Posts: 244 ✭✭
    gatorMD wrote:

is this ball good?

i love the gloves....

Absolute worth a try! I love them, a little further than a pro v and maybe just a tad less spin around green! a+!

Gloves are amazing too!!
    Taylormade M2 12° Driver

Callaway Rouge 14.5° 3 Wood

Taylormade R15 5 Wood

Bridgestone J15s, 5-OR

Titleist SM6; 50°, 54°, 60°

Odyssey 2 Ball

MG C4 (OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!!!)
  • JackrwestyJackrwesty Members Posts: 244 ✭✭
    All I know is if you hadn't tried a C4 you're missing out ! It will compete with the best of them !!
    Taylormade M2 12° Driver

Callaway Rouge 14.5° 3 Wood

Taylormade R15 5 Wood

Bridgestone J15s, 5-OR

Titleist SM6; 50°, 54°, 60°

Odyssey 2 Ball

MG C4 (OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!!!)
  • BY#99BY#99 Members Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Was looking to try these out but apparently they are out of stock on their website.
    BY#99 wrote:

Was looking to try these out but apparently they are out of stock on their website.

here. https://www.mggolf.com/golf-balls/

looks like they are out of the yellow
  • BY#99BY#99 Members Posts: 321 ✭✭
    TheShaun wrote:

BY#99 wrote:

here. https://www.mggolf.com/golf-balls/

looks like they are out of the yellow

Thanks- just ordered a dozen to try out.
  • rstlnerstlne AEIOU and sometimes Y West CoastClubWRX Posts: 205 ✭✭
    I've been playing the MG C4 on and off the last few years. It definitely is the best everyday value golf ball on the market that performs well. It's too bad they have no more yellows in stock, that ball seems to perform and is, was, probably the best yellow ball available for me. I should have ordered more than 2 dozen yellows but I guess time to play the waiting game for the yellows.

On a side note, they have the white MG C4s in stock and currently, looks like they have some used prov1/x and chrome speed and hex chrome +.
    Do you guys find these softer than ProV's?
  • theedge27theedge27 Members Posts: 605 ✭✭
    TheShaun wrote:

Do you guys find these softer than ProV's?

I do, but very slightly.
  • SimpSimp Members Posts: 2,908 ✭✭
    edited Jan 8, 2019 9:25am #25
    Strata Tour Advanced is about as close as I can get to naming this golf ball.
    WITB
    G400 LST 10°
    VSteel 13°
    Adams Idea Pro 20°
    Adams Idea Pro 23°
    Mizuno MP18 SC's Fli-Hi 4&5
    Cleveland RTX3 50,54 & 60
    TaylorMade Spider Mini
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,093 ✭✭
    Simp wrote:

Strata Tour Advanced is about as close as I can get to naming this golf ball.
    If the Tour Advanced were a urethane ball you might have nailed it. Did you play the Tour Advanced? Always wondered how they played.
  • SimpSimp Members Posts: 2,908 ✭✭
    I don't believe I've played the TA. The dimple pattern looks identical between the TA and the C4. Maybe they changed cover material?
    WITB
    G400 LST 10°
    VSteel 13°
    Adams Idea Pro 20°
    Adams Idea Pro 23°
    Mizuno MP18 SC's Fli-Hi 4&5
    Cleveland RTX3 50,54 & 60
    TaylorMade Spider Mini
  • deepreddeepred Members Posts: 221 ✭✭
    Here’s a look inside one

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

Whoever makes it, it is a **** good golf ball.
    Wilson Staff M3 4-GW
    Cleveland Classic XL Driver
    Wilson Fybrid 15*
    KE4 5 wood
    Maltby SW54, black
    Snake Eyes SW
    Ram Watson Troon Grind 58
    Ram Zebra deep face, black
  • CDMCDM Members Posts: 1,728 ✭✭
    link does not work
  • deepreddeepred Members Posts: 221 ✭✭
    There’s a thread