Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Original Nike blades

Vala93Vala93 Members Posts: 18
hey guy this is my first post I have just signed up.

I have just bought some original Nike blades, I'm an old school kind of guy I play Taylormade T300 forged irons now l. I'm only 24 so I don't really know anything about these clubs. So looking for some help.

They have no serial numbers, original Nike grips, the Nike stickers on the shaft and the shafts are true temper stiff shafts are these legit ?

Comments

• gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Vala93 wrote:

hey guy this is my first post I have just signed up.

I have just bought some original Nike blades, I'm an old school kind of guy I play Taylormade T300 forged irons now l. I'm only 24 so I don't really know anything about these clubs. So looking for some help.

They have no serial numbers, original Nike grips, the Nike stickers on the shaft and the shafts are true temper stiff shafts are these legit ?
    sound it - mine didn't have serials.

Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set D/S) / Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 4-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

• Vala93Vala93 Members Posts: 18
    Cheers can't wait to hit some balls with them ! How do they feel ?
    Vala93 wrote:

one of the softest feeling forgings that nike has used - probably ever. they're pure butter. jealous -- i'm on the lookout for a set in great condition myself.

• NYCGolfNutNYCGolfNut Members Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the purchase! Great move.

I just picked up a near mint set of original Nike blades a couple of weeks ago. The weather here in the Northeast has not cooperated enough to allow me to go out and play a round with them yet, but planning to do so in the near future.

As noted above, they are drop-dead-gorgeous! Nothing else even comes close. I currently own and have played Mizuno MP-5, PXG 0311T, Nike Vapor Pro and VR Pro irons. All blades or blade-like. All gorgeous looking and feeling, but these totally put them to shame - at least in the looks department!

Will report back on feel once I hit them on the range and course.
    Yeah I'm in Manchester weather isn't great here either.

And I'm I love with the look they are beautiful. I was going to book the day of work and go to the range but my missus answered the door and I got "oh more golf clubs" so I think I better earn some money so next time I can book a delivery slot !
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 31,038 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a set myself that have been retired to my man cave. My favorite set of blades ever!!!
  • M4TTM4TT EnglandMembers Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 25, 2018 #8
    Vala93 wrote:

And I'm I love with the look they are beautiful. I was going to book the day of work and go to the range but my missus answered the door and I got "oh more golf clubs" so I think I better earn some money so next time I can book a delivery slot !

Grow some balls man and get out there! (im in Stockport).

My FW7 GPS trolley, new wedges and Cobra F8+ arrived the other day, Mrs didn't say a word .... image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

COBRA BIO CELL PRO DRIVER MATRIX RED TIE X
    COBRA F8 19* HYBRID HZRDUS BLACK 6.5
    TAYLORMADE R9 TP 5 IRON KBS S
    TAYLORMADE MC 6-PW KBS S COBRA TRUSTY RUSTY 52* NIKE VR PRO 58*
    SCOTTY CAMERON CUSTOM STAMPED BLACK NEWPORT
    TITLEIST PROV1 X
    CLICGEAR 3.5 GOLF PRIDE MCC PLUS 4 MIDSIZE GREY
    TAYLORMADE 2019 FLEXTECH STAND BAG

• baloobaloo A Person WisconsinMembers Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I played a set for about 6 years. Great set of irons.
    Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
    2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
    SW - Wilson Staff
    Putter - Bullseye
    Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf
    You got any pics ?

Mine are in decent condition just a bit of bag chatter, and paint missing of the ticks.

Yeah let me know how you get on with them
    NYCGolfNut wrote:

Congrats on the purchase! Great move.

I just picked up a near mint set of original Nike blades a couple of weeks ago. The weather here in the Northeast has not cooperated enough to allow me to go out and play a round with them yet, but planning to do so in the near future.

As noted above, they are drop-dead-gorgeous! Nothing else even comes close. I currently own and have played Mizuno MP-5, PXG 0311T, Nike Vapor Pro and VR Pro irons. All blades or blade-like. All gorgeous looking and feeling, but these totally put them to shame - at least in the looks department!

Will report back on feel once I hit them on the range and course.

You got any pics ?

Mine are in decent condition just a bit of bag chatter, and paint missing of the ticks.

Yeah let me know how you get on with them

23under wrote:

Vala93 wrote:

Grow some balls man and get out there! (im in Stockport).

My FW7 GPS trolley, new wedges and Cobra F8+ arrived the other day, Mrs didn't say a word .... image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Haha I know I've go boxes all over the house !!

How's the F8+ ??
    I have pics of the VR pros and the Vapor Pros, but have not taken pics of the original blades yet. The ones I picked up are mint - all shiny, with no nicks or dings and all the paintwork still in great shape. Will post pics soon.

In the meantime...

• NRJyzrNRJyzr Allez Allez Allez Minnesota, USAMembers Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The original Nike blades are high on the excellence scale IMHO. I don't own a set but I've hit them several times. I have thought about acquiring a set, but I'm pretty committed to my world of Golden Rams Tour Grinds with a single Mizuno sidelight, I don't really need a large rotation of clubs.

Side note of sorts: these Nikes have weak lofts, with a 49* PW and 29* 5 iron. Don't get discouraged if they are shorter than other irons. Don't think in terms of the number of the club you've hit, think in terms of the lofts of the club you've hit. Club numbers don't have any real meaning, they can be changed without affecting the shot in any way. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver: Adams Fast 12 LS 9.5* set to 10.5*, Xcaliber T6+, TS, 44.25", D6
    3w:  Bridgestone J's Professional Weapon 14*, stock stiff, 42.5", D5
    1i:  Golden Ram Vibration Matched, DGS400
    3-PW:  Mizuno MP-37, DGS300
    GW:  Mizuno Pro 52*, DGS300
    SW:  Scratch 8620 58*, DGS400
    Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35"
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane/Professional, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV, Snell MTB Black... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time

I've proven once again that anything over 44.5" or even 44.25" is a horrible fit for my tee game
    NRJyzr wrote:

The original Nike blades are high on the excellence scale IMHO. I don't own a set but I've hit them several times. I have thought about acquiring a set, but I'm pretty committed to my world of Golden Rams Tour Grinds with a single Mizuno sidelight, I don't really need a large rotation of clubs.

Side note of sorts: these Nikes have weak lofts, with a 49* PW and 29* 5 iron. Don't get discouraged if they are shorter than other irons. Don't think in terms of the number of the club you've hit, think in terms of the lofts of the club you've hit. Club numbers don't have any real meaning, they can be changed without affecting the shot in any way. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Yeah I heard the lofts are high.

I play Taylormade t300 irons now the pw is 48 degrees I've played these about 3 years and I don't really have any reason to change they are super soft when hit well. But the Nikes just look amazing
    NYCGolfNut wrote:

I have pics of the VR pros and the Vapor Pros, but have not taken pics of the original blades yet. The ones I picked up are mint - all shiny, with no nicks or dings and all the paintwork still in great shape. Will post pics soon.

In the meantime...

They are clean 😳 You ever decide to sell let me know !!
  • leomessi10leomessi10 Members Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got a set a few weeks ago in rougher shape. I'm planning on sending them to the iron factory for a rechrome and regroove. I can't wait.
    leomessi10 wrote:

I just got a set a few weeks ago in rougher shape. I'm planning on sending them to the iron factory for a rechrome and regroove. I can't wait.

Nice one ! You hit them yet ?

Post some pics when they have been refinished
  • No_Catchy_NicknameNo_Catchy_Nickname Kyushu,_JapanMembers Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Vala93 wrote:

They're great. A fantastic set of irons with great feel, and as NRJyzr said, don't let the weak lofts put you off; in fact, embrace them! You can play 3i-PW, stick in 2 wedges (say a 54* and 58* or 60*) and still put a Driver and two fairway woods, or Driver, fairway wood and hybrid in there. Heck, you could even take out the 3i and give yourself another slot in the bag to play with.

Great pick up, enough to make up for having to live in Manchester image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
    4w: TaylorMade R9 stock Fujikura Motore X flex
    7w TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
    Hybrid: RomaRo iBrid 23* Attas EZ 85S
    Irons (4i-PW): Wilson fg-62 S300 4/5-PW or MP4 Yoro Modus 125X 5-PW
    Wedges: Callaway MD2 T-grind combination of 52*, 56*, 58*, 60*
    Putter: Mac Jack Nicklaus Muirfield

Old stuff: Tons of persimmon and older irons. 
    Vala93 wrote:

NYCGolfNut wrote:

In the meantime...

Thanks. Still very much in love with them, but there is a chance that after hitting the original Nike blades, the Vapor Pros might need to find a new home. Hard to justify three Nike sets...

So might end up on BST. Will ping you beforehand, if you like.

Vala93 wrote:

They're great. A fantastic set of irons with great feel, and as NRJyzr said, don't let the weak lofts put you off; in fact, embrace them! You can play 3i-PW, stick in 2 wedges (say a 54* and 58* or 60*) and still put a Driver and two fairway woods, or Driver, fairway wood and hybrid in there. Heck, you could even take out the 3i and give yourself another slot in the bag to play with.

Great pick up, enough to make up for having to live in Manchester image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />

I was thinking the same thing I play a 54 and 58 now so they should fit in perfect. I'll play around till I find the right set up, I play at least 3 times a week so should get use to them pretty quick.

Ey Manchester isn't all that bad 😂🙄

NYCGolfNut wrote:

Vala93 wrote:

NYCGolfNut wrote:

In the meantime...

Thanks. Still very much in love with them, but there is a chance that after hitting the original Nike blades, the Vapor Pros might need to find a new home. Hard to justify three Nike sets...

Yeah top one, what are the grips like on your set ?
  • No_Catchy_NicknameNo_Catchy_Nickname Kyushu,_JapanMembers Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Vala93 wrote:

Vala93 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing I play a 54 and 58 now so they should fit in perfect. I'll play around till I find the right set up, I play at least 3 times a week so should get use to them pretty quick.

Ey Manchester isn't all that bad ����

Wrong side of The Pennines...

Though you do have the Yang Sing.
    Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
    4w: TaylorMade R9 stock Fujikura Motore X flex
    7w TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
    Hybrid: RomaRo iBrid 23* Attas EZ 85S
    Irons (4i-PW): Wilson fg-62 S300 4/5-PW or MP4 Yoro Modus 125X 5-PW
    Wedges: Callaway MD2 T-grind combination of 52*, 56*, 58*, 60*
    Putter: Mac Jack Nicklaus Muirfield

Old stuff: Tons of persimmon and older irons. 
    Vala93 wrote:

NYCGolfNut wrote:

Vala93 wrote:

NYCGolfNut wrote:

In the meantime...

Yeah top one, what are the grips like on your set ?

The VR pros are not going anywhere! PM me if you would like to chat about the Vapor Pros.
  • taylormade4lifetaylormade4life Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 25, 2018 #25
    I used to have a 1-iron from the original Nike blades. Not that I could hit it.. But why not buy a Nike 1 iron blade for $14 at the PGATSS?!

Wish I still had it. Would be great hanging on the wall.
  • aannddyy00aannddyy00 Members Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    NYCGolfNut wrote:

Vala93 wrote:

NYCGolfNut wrote:

In the meantime...

They are clean �� You ever decide to sell let me know !!

I have three sets of mizunos 33's 63's and 18's and a set of titleist 681Ts in my basement. lol

The 18s are in the bag. Its easy to justify extra sets of irons.
  • bdubs3316bdubs3316 Members Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭
    Was playing the OG Nike's for the past year and a half...but since NJSGA is enforcing the 2010 groove rule, I had to replace them. Such a shame too, as they are probably the softest and my favorite irons.
    Driver - TaylorMade M3 8.5* w/ Aldila Synergy Black Prototype 70TX tipped 1"
    Fairway wood - 2016 M2 15* w/ HZRDUS Black 85 6.5 tipped 1"
    Irons
    Titleist 716 TMB 2 iron (17*) w/ Project X HA1

Titleist 716 TMB 4 iron (22*) & Titleist 716 TMB 5 iron (26*) w/ KBS Tour V LE 125
    Mizuno MP-69 6 iron (30*),
    7 iron (34*), 8 iron (38*), 9 iron (42*) all w/ KBS Tour V LE 125
    Wedges - Vokey SM6 46F black, Vokey SM6 50F black,
    Vokey 55* V grind oil can, Vokey SM6 60L black & TaylorMade Hi Toe 64* all w/ KBS 610 125
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Golo 7 Dual Balance 38"
    Ball - TaylorMade TP5x
    bdubs3316 wrote:
    Was playing the OG Nike's for the past year and a half...but since NJSGA is enforcing the 2010 groove rule, I had to replace them. Such a shame too, as they are probably the softest and my favorite irons.
    This. This is why I haven't bought a (nother) set of them.

aannddyy00 wrote:

NYCGolfNut wrote:

Vala93 wrote:

NYCGolfNut wrote:

In the meantime...

They are clean �� You ever decide to sell let me know !!

I have three sets of mizunos 33's 63's and 18's and a set of titleist 681Ts in my basement. lol

The 18s are in the bag. Its easy to justify extra sets of irons.

Too right I'll keep going till I've got not room. I've been looking at some 33s what they like ?
  • leomessi10leomessi10 Members Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vala93 wrote:
    leomessi10 wrote:

Nice one ! You hit them yet ?

Post some pics when they have been refinished
    I had a set when they first came out but sold them years ago. I haven’t hit the new set and prob won’t until they are refinished.
  • bodhi555bodhi555 Members Posts: 866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah my specialist subject image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> I've had a set in the bag since 2004, and am still really struggling to think of what to replace them with. I also moved across from a set of 300 Forged, and if I'm honest, I actually found them easier to hit than the TMs, especially in the long irons. As mentioned they do have weal lofts, and the shafts are half an inch shorter as standard, so I was a club shorter than the 300s, however I solved this by taking an extra club image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

All shafts are DG - R are R300, S are S400 and X are X100. Mine have S400s and I love the balance of them - great for tempo and I don't feel like the head is trying to carry on at the top of my backswing like the 300s did if that makes sense.

I also picked up the 1 and 2 iron. Don't carry the 2 iron much, but the 1 iron doesn't leave my bag - perfect for when I need to find the fairway 220 yards away.

As you can probably tell, I'm a bit of a fan image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    The Dee Three: Titleist 917 D3 9.5 degree - Aldila Rogue Max 65X
    The Stenson: Titleist 917 F3 15 degree - Aldila Rogue Max 75X
    The Walking Stick: Titleist 818 H2 19 degree - Aldila Rogue Max 85X
    The Blades: Nike VR Pro 4i - PW - DG S400 TI Shaft
    The Rusties: Nike Engage 50, 54 Square Sole, 58 Toe Sweep
    The Putter: Nike "The Oven" Method 003
    Balls: Nike RZN Tour Black/Platinum, Bridgestone Tour B XS, Titleist AVX
    Bag: Sun Mountain Four Five

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights