GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Junior Driver and Wood Shafts

Shanks2424 ·  
Shanks2424Shanks2424 Members  359WRX Points: 94Handicap: 12Posts: 359 Greens
Hi guys. So here is my question. What shafts have you guys found to be good junior shafts for your kids clubs, I know all about the Flynn Golf shafts. They are on my list to look at, I was just wondering since I am buying my son a Bio Cell 5/7 wood and he has a Fly Z driver should I look into a lady flex shaft that is ultra light weight. Reason for the lady shaft is because its a touch stiffer and i am afraid that with the Flynn Junior shafts would be to soft for him and cause issues. But I may be wrong you guys give me your thoughts.
Posted:
Brad's Bag 2019 (DAD)
Driver- Titleist 915 D3 8.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana LTD D+ White 70 Stiff
3 Wood- Titleist 909 F3 15* Matrix HD9 Stiff
Hybrid- Adams A12 Pro Hybrid 18* KBS TOUR Hybrid Steel S
3-PW- Titleist DCI 990 3-PW TT Dynamic Gold S300
Wedges-Cleveland 588 Forged Raw 54/58 TT Dynamic Gold S300
Putter- Odyssey Tank 1 34 Inches Golf Pride Tour Wrap Putter
Ball- Titleist Pro V1
Bag- Ogio Stand Bag
Grips- Winn Dri-Tac X 2 Wraps of Tape

Gavins's Bag 2019 (SON)
Driver- Cobra F8 13.5 Cobra Junior Shaft
4 Wood- Cobra Fly-Z + 16* 
Hybrid- ????
4-PW- Mizuno MX 20 Apollo Junior Steel shafts
Gap Wedge- Mizuno JPX 52 Apollo Junior Steel shafts
Gap Wedge- Cobra Pur 56 Apollo Junior Steel shafts
Putter- Odyssey Rossie Metal X Winn Excel putter grip
Ball- Titleist TruFeel
Bag- US KIds Golf Stand Bag
Grips- Golf Pride Tour Velvet Junior

Comments

• heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members  3856WRX Points: 1,158Posts: 3,856 Titanium Tees
    Shanks2424 wrote:
    <br />
    Hi guys. So here is my question. What shafts have you guys found to be good junior shafts for your kids clubs, I know all about the Flynn Golf shafts. They are on my list to look at, I was just wondering since I am buying my son a Bio Cell 5/7 wood and he has a Fly Z driver should I look into a lady flex shaft that is ultra light weight. Reason for the lady shaft is because its a touch stiffer and i am afraid that with the Flynn Junior shafts would be to soft for him and cause issues. But I may be wrong you guys give me your thoughts.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I know you answered in the other thread, but it all comes down to swing speed what type of shaft or flex you put in it.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Golfingdawg19Golfingdawg19 Members  489WRX Points: 215Posts: 489 Greens
    Iw<br />
    Shanks2424 wrote:
    <br />
    Hi guys. So here is my question. What shafts have you guys found to be good junior shafts for your kids clubs, I know all about the Flynn Golf shafts. They are on my list to look at, I was just wondering since I am buying my son a Bio Cell 5/7 wood and he has a Fly Z driver should I look into a lady flex shaft that is ultra light weight. Reason for the lady shaft is because its a touch stiffer and i am afraid that with the Flynn Junior shafts would be to soft for him and cause issues. But I may be wrong you guys give me your thoughts.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    If I remember right, Flynn has several different shafts to choose from. They aren't all geared for the same swing speed. My daughter is swinging it about 65 mph and she has ladies shafts in some of her clubs and does fine with them. Like Heavy said, its all depending on their clubhead speed.
    Posted:
  • Shanks2424Shanks2424 Members  359WRX Points: 94Handicap: 12Posts: 359 Greens
    I was more wondering about the shaft being too shaft with OEM heads on a Junior shaft. I cut down my sons Fly Z driver from 41 to 37 and I think I made it too stiff for him. He hits his irons great. I was wondering If I would be better off reshafting his Driver and his future Cobra Bio Cell 5/7 wood with a Flynn or some kind of Ultra Lite ladys flex shaft. I am Just worried that with a Junior shaft with a OEM Head it will play too soft for him. Should I go with Flynn shaft in a jr2 or jr3 or am i thinking way too much into this.
    Posted:
    Brad's Bag 2019 (DAD)
    Driver- Titleist 915 D3 8.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana LTD D+ White 70 Stiff
    3 Wood- Titleist 909 F3 15* Matrix HD9 Stiff
    Hybrid- Adams A12 Pro Hybrid 18* KBS TOUR Hybrid Steel S
    3-PW- Titleist DCI 990 3-PW TT Dynamic Gold S300
    Wedges-Cleveland 588 Forged Raw 54/58 TT Dynamic Gold S300
    Putter- Odyssey Tank 1 34 Inches Golf Pride Tour Wrap Putter
    Ball- Titleist Pro V1
    Bag- Ogio Stand Bag
    Grips- Winn Dri-Tac X 2 Wraps of Tape

Gavins's Bag 2019 (SON)
    Driver- Cobra F8 13.5 Cobra Junior Shaft
    4 Wood- Cobra Fly-Z + 16* 
    Hybrid- ????
    4-PW- Mizuno MX 20 Apollo Junior Steel shafts
    Gap Wedge- Mizuno JPX 52 Apollo Junior Steel shafts
    Gap Wedge- Cobra Pur 56 Apollo Junior Steel shafts
    Putter- Odyssey Rossie Metal X Winn Excel putter grip
    Ball- Titleist TruFeel
    Bag- US KIds Golf Stand Bag
    Grips- Golf Pride Tour Velvet Junior
  • Belmont148Belmont148 Members  1508WRX Points: 92Posts: 1,508 Platinum Tees
    Sending you a PM.
    Posted:
    Current Bag:

G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
    F8+ 4W- HZRDUS Black 75 Stiff
    Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
    Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
    Glide Stealth 54SS and 58ES Project X LZ 5.5
    Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2
  • MikekiMMikekiM Members  291WRX Points: 122Posts: 291 Greens
    L flex shafts are a good option. They're typically thinner on the butt end than A flex shafts, making the grips thinner. Have seen numerous in the low 45-55g weights. ACCRA makes a line of junior flex shafts as well, their SRT. Recoil from UST Mamiya also seem to be popular shafts.
    Posted:
  • tobybeartobybear Members, Media Staffer  1502WRX Points: 96Posts: 1,502 Platinum Tees
    I second ACCRA. <br />
    <br />
    They make some reasonably priced junior specific shafts for drivers and woods. as well as their 40 & 50i Irons shafts ( although more expensive to do a full set ) in the right builders hands make VERY good junior shafts.<br />
    <br />
    MikekiM wrote:
    <br />
    L flex shafts are a good option. They're typically thinner on the butt end than A flex shafts, making the grips thinner. Have seen numerous in the low 45-55g weights. ACCRA makes a line of junior flex shafts as well, their SRT. Recoil from UST Mamiya also seem to be popular shafts.<br />
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • AUSweeperAUSweeper Members  51WRX Points: 30Posts: 51 Bunkers

Anyone know of a ladies flex shaft with a smaller diameter butt or are they all standard? SS in low 70’s and does great with the ladies shaft in his driver but he complains of the grip being too thick in his 3w and hybrid. Side note....googling “smallest ladies flex shaft butt” provides interesting results.

Posted:
  • Golfingdawg19Golfingdawg19 Members  489WRX Points: 215Posts: 489 Greens

My daughter has recoil shafts in her irons and driver. They make great shafts and come in a variety of flexes. She has ladies flex in her clubs

Posted:
  • kyledrum2002kyledrum2002 Members  371WRX Points: 86Posts: 371 Greens

Weight is equally important as flex. I can’t say it enough, invest in a fitting!!

Posted:
    King F9 9* HZDRS Smoke 6.0
    Rogue 3W Evenflow Blue
    Rogue 5W Evenflow Blue
    714 AP2 4-W
    MD4 52*
    MD4 56*
    MD4 60*
    Odyssey O-Works #1 Black
  • mws82mws82 Members  579WRX Points: 79Posts: 579 Golden Tee

On -, @kyledrum2002 said:

Weight is equally important as flex. I can’t say it enough, invest in a fitting!!

Any suggestions on who does jr fittings?

Posted:
  • leezer99leezer99 Boy - 2026 Members  1872WRX Points: 1,206Handicap: A BillionPosts: 1,872 Platinum Tees

On -, @mws82 said:

On -, @kyledrum2002 said:

Any suggestions on who does jr fittings?

CoolClubs gives juniors half off rack rate.

Posted:

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.