Cracked My Epic

Les StrokesLes Strokes Members Posts: 398 ✭✭
I was happy with this club until this. I see now that members have been reporting cracks with these and the SZ's since last year. I have not been able to test any of the new TM or Callaway drivers for 2018 because winter only ended a few days ago. So just wondering what others have done when this happened. Sure I could get a replacement but I dont want this to happen again. Are you guys seeing better overall results with the Rogue? Still like your M3/M4?

Comments

• lookylookitzadamlookylookitzadam Members Posts: 405 ✭✭
    I cracked mine and Callaway took care of it quickly. I have about 50 rounds on my latest one and I have not had an issue. I do not know if it is a placebo or something, but the replacement epic sounds totally different from what I remember my old one sounding like.
  • MRL1984MRL1984 Members Posts: 234 ✭✭
    I had the sole plastic crack. Replaced no problem either. Let Cally at least replace that one so you can sell a brand new club, to help fund a different club if you don't want to play the replacement. I picked up a temporary replacement and sold the brand new head when it arrived.

They all can fail I have had 4 driver heads fail. 2 TM, 1 cally and 1 Nike.
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Members Posts: 913 ✭✭
    Everytime you crack one, you get a new one. I don't see the issue here. I wish my vokeys would crack every year.
  • Les StrokesLes Strokes Members Posts: 398 ✭✭
    Rory4Pres wrote:

Everytime you crack one, you get a new one. I don't see the issue here. I wish my vokeys would crack every year.

The issues were already spelled out, but here they are again - it's an opportunity to get a new club; and I don't want to have to keep replacing it. My time is valuable, I dont like to waste it
  • orion1123orion1123 Members Posts: 109
    edited Apr 26, 2018 #6
    I would get a new one from Callaway if you hit the club well. I tried several combos with the Rouge and did not like it! Lower launch and lower spin (NOT good for my game). Results were much better with my Epic.
    orion1123 wrote:

I would get a new one from Callaway if you hit the club well. I tried several combos with the Rouge and did not like it! Lower launch and lower spin (NOT good for my game). Results were much better with my Epic.

that's the kind of feedback I was looking for, thanks.

Q: does anyone know if the 2018 version of the Epic is the same as the 2017 version (which I have), or did they make some changes/"improvements"?
    I took it back. Guy at the golf shop said they have had a a lot of people return them with cracked faces. Don't know if it's true but he said it was because the faces are not forged and probably "too soft".
  • J2puttsJ2putts Members Posts: 604 ✭✭
    Noticed this on mine today . Crack? Definitely doesn't wipe off . Someone said to pour water over it and if it bubbles it's a crack? I've had the driver since April 2017 .
    Cobra F9 9.0 PX Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
    Callaway XR16 Pro 3W 14.0 Fujikura Speeder 765
    Callaway XR Pro 2 Hybrid 18.0 PX 6.0
    Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC 5 thru 7 iron
    Mizuno MP 18 SC 8 thru PW ( irons all PX LZ 6.0 120G )
    Callaway MD3 50 S Grind
    Callaway MD3 54 S Grind
    Callaway MD3 58 W Grind
    Oddysey Versa #9
  • BrizamBrizam Junkie ClubWRX Posts: 948 ClubWRX
    They really have the best customer service in the industry. Just give them a call and they'll get you a new one out.
  • The GeneralThe General Members Posts: 1,713 ✭✭
    does Callaway have the most cracked driver heads? Seems like i read about it often on the boards.
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,147 ✭✭
    J2putts wrote:

Noticed this on mine today . Crack? Definitely doesn't wipe off . Someone said to pour water over it and if it bubbles it's a crack? I've had the driver since April 2017 .
    my rogue SZ cracked in almost that exact same spot.

2017 Tour Issue M1 460 / 9.2* / Rogue 130 Silver 70TX tipped 1"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ / DF 70TX tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash / 5 / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    785 / 3-PW / PX 7.0
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    SC Kombi-s / 35.5"

• J2puttsJ2putts Members Posts: 604 ✭✭
    I called today about mine . My new Rogue is on the way . No hassle whatsoever. Just have to send them back my cracked driver .. and they pay the shipping
    Cobra F9 9.0 PX Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
    Callaway XR16 Pro 3W 14.0 Fujikura Speeder 765
    Callaway XR Pro 2 Hybrid 18.0 PX 6.0
    Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC 5 thru 7 iron
    Mizuno MP 18 SC 8 thru PW ( irons all PX LZ 6.0 120G )
    Callaway MD3 50 S Grind
    Callaway MD3 54 S Grind
    Callaway MD3 58 W Grind
    Oddysey Versa #9