RECAP: Q&A with COBRA GOLF! Tuesday, May 1, 1pm ET / 10am PT. Bonus Giveaway!

HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes.The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,235 mod
*** CLICK HERE TO JUMP TO THE START OF THE LIVE Q&A ***

Who's On The Chat?
  • Tom Olsavsky, VP of R&D
  • Mike Yagley, Sr. Director of Innovation/AI

When Is It?

Tuesday, May 1 at 10a PT/1p ET

COBRA Giveaway

A few lucky GolfWRX members who have their questions answered will win some awesome gear from COBRA and PUMA Golf! Posts chosen at random. Grand prize is a set of COBRA Forged Tec Black Edition irons with COBRA CONNECT!

May 17:

And the winner of the COBRA Giveaway is....

hound25!

Thanks everyone for participating in the chat and COBRA Golf for the great Q&A and Giveaway!

ASK QUESTIONS NOW

We know that not everyone will be able to join in live, so ask your question below today.

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

Post edited by Unknown User on
Tagged:

Comments

• Mustng5Mustng5 Members Posts: 927 ✭✭
    Can I buy the single length heads and make them stock length? I like the weight of the single length driving iron head and I want that in stock length. I like the colors better too. I am an SMU grad like Bryson. Thanks.
  • Kylekoz17Kylekoz17 Members Posts: 2,181 ✭✭
    Has the milled driver face been done before? Now that it has been out for a little while, what are the benefits players are seeing?
    Rogue Sub Zero 10.5 - Kuro Kage DC TX 60
    TI Taylormade ’16 M2 DF 16.5 - Attas 6star 7X
    '17 Taylormade M1 hybrid - Kuro Kage 80X
    Titleist 716 TMB 3-5 iron AMT X100
    Titleist 718 AP2 6-pw AMT X100
    Custom Oven grind Nike Engage 50 sq, 56 toe sweep
    Custom 1/1 Rory Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01
  • jaredt22jaredt22 Members Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Which specific feature or characteristic of the F8/F8+ would you say most differentiates these drivers from those offered by other manufacturers, and from your older models, and why? Thanks!
  • azkaevolutionazkaevolution Members Posts: 760 ✭✭
    where do you see the market for one-length going in the future? do you think that it would be advantageous for beginner golfers to start with one length and move towards progressive length clubs as they improve?
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway GBB (2015) 10.5*, KK Black TiNi 50 R-flex 44.25"[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway XR 17*, Project X LZ 50 Blue 42.5"[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Adams New Idea 22*, Bassara Eagle R-flex[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Adams New Idea 25*, Bassara Eagle R-flex[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno 2016 JPX EZ Forged, 4i-GW TT XP95 R300[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist SM5 Vokey 54.10 M Grind [/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD2 Tour 58.09 T Grind [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Odyssey Versa Black 90 V-line Superstroke [/font]
  • venturagolfer87venturagolfer87 Golfing is harder with a fro. Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭
    Hi, been a Cobra convert since the Fly-Z+, in fact it's still my gamer, nothing has been able to beat it out as far as consistent distance and accuracy. I just got my hands on an F8+ head and can't wait to start hitting it. My question is, is there a big amount of difference in the makeup of the F8+ as compared to the Fly-Z+? Like, should I be playing it at less or more loft than I played the FZ at, is it naturally higher or lower launching/spinning? I've only hit it twice at a golf shop with the stock setup, didn't pay too much attention to the numbers, but the feel is superb!
    WITB 2018
    - F8+ 10.5*, Kuro Kage Silver DC TiNi 60
    -2017 M2 3HL, Rulz Type A 70
    -MP H5 2 iron, PX 6.0
    -F6+ Hybrid, S+ 80
    -MP-18 MMC 5-PW, PX 6.0
    -50/54 SM6 Jet Black
    -58 RTX4 Mid Raw
    -Rife Iconic Vault 1
    -Cut Blue
  • a_gorillaa_gorilla Members Posts: 286 ✭✭
    With Rickie going with a short driver shaft last year, can you comment on how that's influenced sales of the regular length vs tour length drivers?
    Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*
    3w: Callaway Epic SZ 13.5*
    5w: Cobra F6 Baffler 19* / 3i: Titleist 716 T-MB
    4-PW: Callaway Apex '14
    50*/54*: Cleveland RTX 3 V-MG
    60*: Vokey SM7 D Grind
    Odyssey O-Works 1W
    TP5x
  • Puttersaurus RexPuttersaurus Rex one swing at a time Members Posts: 510 ✭✭
    What are the benefits of the new rails over the ones in the Baffler from a couple years ago?
    Fusion 10.5
    EX10 Beta 16.5 and 18

XCG7 Beta 22
    Zu85 5
    565 6-pw
    RTX 3 50.10, 54.08
    SM7 58.08

Long neck putter
  • CburCbur Members Posts: 29 ✭✭
    What would you say sets the F8 driver above other competitors drivers on the market this year?
  • nicodywillnicodywill Members Posts: 103
    Can we expect to see continued advancements and commitments to the single length lines (ie. possibilities of fairway woods/driver, F9 and beyond)?
  • DBillDBill Members Posts: 1,115 ✭✭
    By going to a milled face design on the driver, were you able to gain ball speed and forgiveness?

Also, with moving to a milled design on the face of the driver, is there a potential for the groves to be worn down over a period of time?
  • mtiger10mtiger10 Members Posts: 219
    Which metric from the Cobra Connect system seems to be helping golfers see most improvement in their game?
  • Joe DufferJoe Duffer Members Posts: 731 ✭✭
    edited Apr 30, 2018 #13
    Re: King Forged TEC Black irons...

- Current back-ordered status on Forged TEC Black irons? - Why? - If I order today, when will you ship?

- The website doesn't show Golf Pride CP2 Wrap in midsize option. - Availability? - If I order without grips, will I save? - How much?

- The website shows 5° loft gaps from the 7-iron to the GW! - Seems excessive?

- Can combo sets be ordered with Forged TEC / Pro Forged MB irons?

Re: Hybrids:

- Can the swingweight be increased on the Hybrids from D0 to D4-5? - Hot-melt added?

Thanks HipCheck!
    "Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do" - John Wooden
  • theedge27theedge27 Members Posts: 605 ✭✭
    Any chance of the tour length clubs being extended to hybrids and fairways?
  • TravAzTravAz Members Posts: 768
    Can you describe the changes in bulge and roll that you made to the F8/+?
    Current Bag:
    Cobra F7+, Baffler
    Vapor Fly Pro irons
    TM EF 50,54 PM Grind 58
  • cane700cane700 Members Posts: 2,016 ✭✭
    Thanks for coming on to answer questions.

Do you have any plans to release a set of one length musclebacks?

• MarMill8412MarMill8412 Members Posts: 230 ✭✭
    How do you go about selecting your ambassadors for Cobra/Puma (Rickie, Bryson, Lexi)? What format would you like to see a PGA/LPGA event? Rickie and Lexi could dominate!
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Taylormade M2[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra Fly Z+ 3 Wood[/font]
    [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Cobra Fly-Z 2/3 Hybrid[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX 2.0 50/54/58[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Odyssey Works #7[/font]
  • Mr. GrumpyMr. Grumpy The Quintana Changeup, sit em dwn Members Posts: 2,294 ✭✭
    Where are you finding tech improvements in the single length line? And, do you see this as a niche market or it becoming more mainstream?
  • WVPWVP Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    How did the Tour staff react to the milled driver face? Were they involved in the development at all?
    Callaway BB Fusion – 9°
    Tour Edge CB5 – 16.5°
    Mizuno JPX 825 – 22°
    PING G30 – 5-UW
    Cleveland CBX – 54°
    Taylormade EF – 60° ATV
    Taylormade Juno
  • thaarthaar Best 3-putter in town! Members Posts: 965 ✭✭
    Is there a plan to offer the Forged Tours in black? Please say yes... image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />
    Huge thanks to Cobra and WRX!

Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Project X EvenFlow 65x
    Cobra F8 3/4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
    Cobra Utility 19.5* - Tensei Blue 80s
    Cobra 3/4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
    Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
    Cobra King Wedges 50/54/58 versatile - AMT S400
    Edel E-1
  • RpantaleonMDRpantaleonMD Members Posts: 7
    What is the potential drawback in using a set of single length irons vs a traditional set?
    Adams Ovation 9.5 Aldila S
    Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Tour 3 wood
    Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Tour 3 Hybrid Kuro kage 80
    Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Irons 4-Aw True Temper Dynalite 105
    Nike VR x3x Dual wide Wedges 56*, 60* DG Pro S300
    Nike Method Core MC01W
    Bridgestone Tourb RX
  • Hjosh7_Hjosh7_ Members Posts: 257 ✭✭
    Would someone using a variable length set be able to plug a one length hybrid in their bag? Would lower loft be needed to achieve variable length hybrid distance?
    WITB:
    TaylorMade M1(2016) 9.5° - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70 Stiff
    TaylorMade Aeroburner 16.5° - Matrix White Tie 70X4 Stiff
    PING G30 17°/22° Hybrids - PING TFC 419H Stiff
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 5-PW - True Temper DG Pro S300
    Cleveland RTX 3 50°/54°/60° - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge
    Nike Method Matter B2-01 - Flatso 1.0 - 35.25"
    Top Flite Gamer Tour

"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
  • TamimwrxTamimwrx Members Posts: 24
    The King pro irons in the black finish are some of the best iron design ever made. Is there any plan to have a similar finish in a one length set, in wedges, driving irons? Cobra is really adavanced with respect to using tech to improve performance, I’d love to see Cobra make putters.
  • TWshoot67TWshoot67 TWShoot67 Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭
    Hi, I've been a loyal Cobra iron player since the King Cobra ProMB's and CB's back quite a few years ago and now play the S3 Pro CB's and have to say I love these irons and have been playing them for last 4 seasons. My question is do you think Cobra will ever go back to making those satin finished Endo forged irons again? I tried the newer blades and CB's and just couldn't get the same feel as I did with the older irons. I wish I could get some old stock if there was any available I'd buy 3 sets for future use. Also haven't tried the F8+ as of yet but I still love the Fly Z+ and the King LTD, some great Drivers so i'm sure the F8 series will be great as well. Keep up the great work guys. I keep telling all my friends they are missing out on some of the best made clubs today! Again if there's any old stock hidden of those S3's hit me up please!

Thanks, Tim
    Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
    Cobra King LTD w/ Tour only Adila Pink graphics ATX65 R hard stepped
    Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
    TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
    Cobra S3 Pro's 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
    Cobra S3 Gap w/ Nippon 125 S
    Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
    Scotty Cameron 009 SSS 350 Tiffany or
    Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
    Recent Acquisition a Scotty 009 Beached BBC #13 of 50 made, hmm decisions
    Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
    WITB Link
  • HernascoHernasco Members Posts: 100 ✭✭
    What's the best way to get fitted properly and matched up with the right set of Cobra clubs for me?
  • ruffellprefleyruffellprefley Members Posts: 2,029 ✭✭
    how do you manage the one length utility iron launch, considering the likelihood of a lower club head speed than the equivalent “normal length” utility iron? obviously they aren’t simply the same head. is a higher swing speed needed to manage the single length?
  • ZAPZAP ClubWRX Posts: 1,584 ClubWRX
    Strongly considering moving from the EPIC SZ to the F8+. Part of what I like about the EPIC SZ is it seems to have a little fade bias.

Would you say the F8+ is similar in this regard?

By the way nice work on the CB/MB combo set. Many good things to say.
  • Bobby sBobby s Members Posts: 536
    I have one cobra club in the bag right now and that's a Fly Z + driver. As a lefty I dont switch clubs all that much. What is it about your clubs, especially irons that might make me consider trying?
  • hhems10hhems10 Members Posts: 164 ✭✭
    I picked up a set of the previous version Forged Tec (non black) over the winter. I was wondering if there was a difference between those and the new black version other than the color.

Thank you
    Cobra King LTD w/ UST elements chrome
    Cobra F7 w/Hzrdus red 75g
    Callaway xhot 19* hybrid w/stock Callaway
    Cobra fly z+/ pro irons 4-pw w/ Steelfiber i110's
    Cobra King 50* 54* 58* versatile grinds
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 3
    Snell MTB
  • jokerusnjokerusn nice shoes Northern NJClubWRX Posts: 4,691 ClubWRX
    edited May 1, 2018 #30
    I love cobra fws. Been using one for the past few years with great success and really like the F6 Baffler's versatility as well as the F7's adjustability. I also love the Fly-Z+ 3-4 for it's feel and performance. What prompted the return to split models (+ and reg) instead of one adjustable model? If you used a 3w almost exclusively from the tee, which model of F8 would be best? And I noticed Rickie dumped the Fly-Z+ and F6 Baffler (2 of my favorites) for F8+s. What can the F8+ do for him that the other models didn't?

Also,... If, say, I wanted to have pink or blue weight on the FW, can I use an F8 driver weight in a fw?

Thank you!!!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    M3 9.5°  Ventus 6-X
    M5 15°  GD Tour AD IZ-7X
    818H2 19°  HZRDUS 85 6.5
    790 UDI  PX Catalyst 6.5  -or-  TP UDI 3  PX HB6
    790 4i / Z745 5-9  Nippon 950GH 
    SM7 46F 52F 58D 62M  DG 115 / KBS Tour 120
    Mann MA/66

(¬¬) WITB Link
  • KeithM38KeithM38 Members Posts: 538 ✭✭
    Any plans to make the F8+ with a deep face or what's the reason to not make it a option? Love the driver just wish it were in a deep face.
    Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
    Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
    Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
    Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
    Byron Morgan 006 GSS