Junior Stand Bag Recomendations

Dallas

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We use a US Kids Golf bag that has the over-both-shoulders carry harness/straps. It is intended for Tour Series/Ultralight 54" USKG clubs, but we currently have Ultralight 48"'s in there. I put a bunch of packing peanuts in the bottom. Others recommend a paritally deflated old volleyball be stuck down there.

Here is the Outlet section of the US Kids website: https://www.uskidsgolf.com/shop/outlet?club_type=614

Having said that, my 7YO doesn't carry his bag as I caddie and we use a Bag Boy push cart (ClicGear carts also very popular).

It's no fun when the rabbit's got the gun.

I need some recommendations for the best junior stand bag that can be carried by an 8 year old. Alternatively, if you are using an adult bag, what are you putting in the bottom of it so clubs don't slide down between the dividers?

Club Champ Golf Tubes work in larger bags to keep smaller clubs from sliding down in. You can get them from walmart.com for $2 each versus $10 each at your local golf shop.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

I need some recommendations for the best junior stand bag that can be carried by an 8 year old. Alternatively, if you are using an adult bag, what are you putting in the bottom of it so clubs don't slide down between the dividers?

If you go with the adult bag you can also cut up pieces of a pool noodle and fill up the bottom of the bag with that.

I'm having the same issue just got my daughter an OUUL bag due to the weight but its a little to big and clubs are falling in at times. Tried cutting card board and making small boxes but the opening is smaller than the bottom area so some clubs are at the correct height and others were falling into the small gaps. I was actually thinking of cutting some dense memory foam that could squeeze thru the opening of the top of the bag but expand at the bottom. Just not sure how much weight it will add and if its dense enough to hold up the clubs.

The pool noodle idea sounds interesting you can slide in vertically and lay it down on the bottom and are fairly light. Might try that this evening. Any other ideas?

I'm having the same issue just got my daughter an OUUL bag due to the weight but its a little to big and clubs are falling in at times. Tried cutting card board and making small boxes but the opening is smaller than the bottom area so some clubs are at the correct height and others were falling into the small gaps. I was actually thinking of cutting some dense memory foam that could squeeze thru the opening of the top of the bag but expand at the bottom. Just not sure how much weight it will add and if its dense enough to hold up the clubs.

The pool noodle idea sounds interesting you can slide in vertically and lay it down on the bottom and are fairly light. Might try that this evening. Any other ideas?

I went with the adult bag for my kids when they got to be about 8 or 9. The reason being that when we played in tournaments, the bag was always on the pushcart and I was pushing it. If we were just up practicing at the range, I would set the bag up and they could get whatever clubs they needed. There was never really a point where my son and daughter were carrying the bag around a bunch. If they walked some holes, I put the bag on their pushcart for them. The adult bags fit really well on the push carts. Clic Gear has a really nice bag that they make just for using with their pushcarts. I ended up going with a Titleist Stay Dry bag for my son and a Sun Mountain bag for my daughter. I used the cut up pieces of the pull noodle in the bottom of the bag to keep the clubs from falling down.

Anyone using a Sun Mountain Junior Swift Stand Bag? How does this compare to the US Kids Tour Stand Bag--we have the US Kids bag and the dividers do not go all the way to the bottom and so pool noodles and foam, etc. moves throughout the bottom of the bag making it difficult to get the clubs in and out. We really only need something to prop the woods up a little higher so headcovers don't get pushed off by the top of the bag.

Anyone using a Sun Mountain Junior Swift Stand Bag? How does this compare to the US Kids Tour Stand Bag--we have the US Kids bag and the dividers do not go all the way to the bottom and so pool noodles and foam, etc. moves throughout the bottom of the bag making it difficult to get the clubs in and out. We really only need something to prop the woods up a little higher so headcovers don't get pushed off by the top of the bag.

We have used this bag for about a year... sturdy, light and it’s a sun mountain. What else can I say?

We have used 54s and 57s and the clubs fit well I also like the 3 way divider. The bag also sits well on a clic gear cart

• 1 month later...

I need to look into this sun mountain bag. We have used a US kids tour series bag for about 8 months now and quality appears to be really bad. Legs are already sagging and the internal cloth on the dividers is falling apart.

I need to look into this sun mountain bag. We have used a US kids tour series bag for about 8 months now and quality appears to be really bad. Legs are already sagging and the internal cloth on the dividers is falling apart.

Same here, ours broke with in about 6-8 months emailed them and they sent another one. Really crappy bag, but at least their customer service is good.

All of this boils down to how are you going to use the bag. If your plan is to have your child walk with the bag then you need something light weight. If the bag is going to be on a push cart the whole time then why would you be concerned about the weight. The light weight bags are great but you give up storage capacity when you go that route. If you play in a bunch of tournaments, getting a bag that is water resistant may be smart because you will end up playing in the rain at some point. The Cobra stand bag was rated the highest by my golf spy recently yet nobody mentions that one. Here is a link to check out as well:

https://thejuniorgolfer.com/best-junior-golf-bag/

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

> @MikekiM said:

> Just ordered up a new Jones junior bag. Always been a huge fan of their designs and loved their original one. Hopefully this is as good as the adult bags.

> https://www.jonessportsco.com/collections/stand-bags/products/junior-trouper-light-gray

Looks like a great option . I like the single strap option for when I would caddy for him. Don’t see a top handle (like Ping or Sun Mountain), those are really useful . Please report back once it arrives @MikekiM

Ok here’s my review of the Jones Junior golf bag.

Out of the box it’s a beautiful bag. A light grey color with black trim. The bag has 4 pockets with an extra for a water bottle that’s lined like a cooler. Comes with a dual strap system and a black bag cover. It has one handle in the middle carry and one handle at the base. The top has 4 dividers which are not full length. They are only dividing at the top. The overall length is identical to the UL57 USKids bag we currently are using. The weight of the bag is almost exactly the same as our UL57 bag. It doesn’t have any remarkable or unique features that make it special. It’s a pretty ordinary bag but looks real sharp.

Now for my thoughts on it. It’s clearly designed for juniors who carry with just a handful of clubs. This bag is unusable with 14 clubs. The opening is very small in comparison to our UL57 bag. If you had about 8 clubs I think you’d be fine. There is a pocket just below the water bottle that’s relatively spacious. You could easily hold about 7-8 balls in it. However once you put a water bottle in the other pocket you can’t get anything out of it. The pocket tightens up and you can’t put your hand in. Terrible design.

The biggest flaw however is the single grab handle in the middle of the bag. It isn’t located properly. With even as few as 8 clubs in the top becomes overly top heavy. You need to load in a dozen golf balls to balance the bottom. Loaded up with 14 clubs and it’s impossible to properly balance the bag. The middle grab handle becomes useless.

Overall it’s a very handsome and sharp looking bag. Meant for juniors carrying only a handful of clubs. Wouldn’t recommend it for high level juniors carrying 14 clubs. Add in alignment sticks or a orange whip and the bag is useless.

qjuiaj2o1bdy.jpeg

bd8cgk50hegm.jpeg

wbk8a8b6d8qk.jpeg

hdfpitn0ri8i.jpeg

qvt0xczmty4y.jpeg

1oat2mms7p60.jpeg

v9hyf621x9f7.jpeg

51eb8kyel7a2.jpeg

Just thought I'd follow up. Ended up returning our Jones Junior bag, it wasn't a good solution at all. Picked up a USK 54" TS3 bag instead. This bag is the exact same length at the USK UL57 bag we had been using. The new TS3 bag is roomier by a bit than the previous UL57 bag. It's about 1" larger is diameter at the top opening There's an additional pocket, and they replaced the net pocket with a water bottle sleeve. It has 3 full length dividers, and 1 short divider. Overall it's a nice improvement over the UL57 bag. So far pretty pleased with it.