Sonartec GS Tour

# Blast the ball down the fairway with the Sonartec GS Tour fairway wood

# Largest sweet spot of any Sonartec fairway golf club due to improved patented Driving Cavity technology

# Golf equipment has newly-designed leading edge and sole plate for less drag in all turf conditions

# Center of Gravity (CG) is repositioned allowing the highest-launching, low-spin men's fairway wood ever produced by Sonartec

# Sweet spot is aligned vertically with the CG of the ball for increased power transfer

# New graphite design red ice shaft designed for Sonartec to maximize the feel and performance of the GS Tour head for all skill levels

# Neutral face angle to instill confidence at address

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the 13* stiff at GG for cheap. My ss is about 98 mph. Just wanted the replacement for the driver. This wood is the best golf purchase I have ever made. Off the tee it is a monster. Just as long as my driver and a beautiful low flight. Where it really excells is off the fairway. I hit it about 240 to 250 of the fairway without much effort. Easy to hit low and perfect for windy days. Get it while you can. This one is a keeper.

Bunch of clubs

I recently acquired a Sonartec GS Tour 13 with X-Stiff Red Ice shaft. This could absolutely be the perfect fairway wood! Long of the tee and easy to hit from the fairway. I must admit that I am a huge Sonartec fan (too bad they went belly up). My previous fairway was a Sonartec NP-99 15 with Stiff NVS shaft. I find the GS Tour a little better, I think primarily because of the X-Stiff Red Ice.

These clubs are a bargain right now on Ebay. Got mine for about $60. In my humble opinion, you absolutely will not find a better made fairway wood than a Sonartec.

Taylormade  M Gloire Driver JDM 11.5*  - Speeder Evolution SR

Taylormade  M Gloire Fairway JDM 15* - Speeder Evolution SR

Daiwa ONOFF ARMS AKA Fairway JDM 21* - Daiwa MP-520F SR

Callaway  Epic Max Fast Forged JDM 7 - AW - Nippon 950GH Neo S

Callaway  Epic Max Star JDM GW 48* - Nippon 950GH Neo S

Callaway  Epic Forged Star JDM SW 55* - Nippon 950GH S

Scotty Cameron  Del Mar - California 

Jones  Rover R Utility

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd add my 2 cents. I bought a new 14* GS Tour on Ebay for 70 bucks shipped. Great deal. Shafted it up with a Accra SE 80 M5 shaft. Extremely accurate and stable shaft. Head feels super solid, just as long off the tee as my Cb2. Head is really clean looking and slightly open setup. My only issue is I hit it too low so I'm going to buy a 16 degree and that should solve my problem. Overall-5 Stars!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been lurking for while but the GS Tour has compelled me to write my first post.

I just started getting back into golf a couple of months ago after a 6 year hiatus and was looking to upgrade my bag. I figured I'd start with the woods. I ended up getting a G10 driver, 906F4 15.5*, Idea Pro 18* and 23* to replace my 975JVS, and Cleveland Launcher 13 and 19 Fwy woods. Love the G10 and the Adams hybrids but wasn't too fond of the 906f4. I demoed the exotics xcg which felt great but couldn't justify the price, I also demoed the G10 Fwy 15.5* which also felt good but wasn't completely sold. Long story short I came across the GG deal on the sonartec gs tour on this website and picked one up based on past memories of my old Sonartec SS-03. I ended up getting the 14* with the red ice 70 in stiff and I gotta say it's a keeper (at least for now). Feels solid kinda like I can almost feel the ball compressing at impact. I may eventually pick up an exotics 3-wood but I'm a happy camper at the moment.

Some additional info/comparison between the 906F4 and Sonartec. My driver SS is in the 95-105 mph range, used play off a 5 index 6 years ago (last two rounds this year 75 and 81) and usually play a straight ball to a slight draw. The 906F4 with the vs proto 80-S was all over the place for me. Trajectory was too high which I'm sure accounts for the lack of distance. The club felt very dead on impact, I know these are designed to give the old persimmions feel but it felt too dead and loose plus I would hit maybe 1 out of 5 straight. I don't think it's a problem with the shaft since I play vs proto in both my hybrids and have demoed the D2 with the vs proto with no problems. The gs tour on the other hand has a much better trajectory and I'm hitting it straight as an arrow. I would have to say it's at least 10 yards longer with a boring ball flight but can still hit it high if needed. It just has a very crisp yet solid feel. I'm sure the 14* versus the 15.5* has something to do with the ball flight but just based on accuracy alone the gs tour wins hands down in my book.

Got the 13* stiff at GG for cheap. My ss is about 98 mph. Just wanted the replacement for the driver. This wood is the best golf purchase I have ever made. Off the tee it is a monster. Just as long as my driver and a beautiful low flight. Where it really excells is off the fairway. I hit it about 240 to 250 of the fairway without much effort. Easy to hit low and perfect for windy days. Get it while you can. This one is a keeper.

DITTO almost exactly....although i do want to buy a Callaway Squareway too just to see which one i like better. But by far this is the best 3 Wood ive ever hit. Got mine brand new from Proshopwarehouse on ebay for $44

The GS Tour has a great penetrating ball flight that bores through the wind. It is equally good off of the tee and the deck. I can hit it to within 22 yards of my driver. It is easy to work.

My GS Tour appears to have a 0.5* open clubface. The natural flight is a slight fade.

I have an Aldila VS Proto 70X in mine which works well.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Bought mine from golfsmith while they still had em, pulled the Red Ice shaft, put a Diamana Blueboard in it and WOW! This thing is a rocket launcher! My swing speed is 110 with a driver, and I hit this thing about 280! Absolutely the best feeling best performing best fairway wood I've ever had! This one will be in my bag for quite a while! I think the shaft has a lot to do with it being so long and straight, but the feel is whats so great about this thing! Not to mention, the sounds is a crisp sound, not a clink, ting, or thud like the new stuff thats coming out today. Well done Sonartec, and its too bad they went outta business. Kinda considering either getting a 5 wood or a hyrbid to replace my 2 iron. Prolly an 18.5 degree GS Tour or a Sonartec Hybrid. Either way, Sonartec is the real deal!!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...