Longest par 3 you’ve played?

Comments

• mikedejongmikedejong Members Posts: 618 ✭✭
    269 downhill. Tough hole, I think I hit 3 wood. Probably plays 235 or 240 or so. Longest par 3 I can remember playing.
    Ping G400 Driver
    Ping G400 3 Wood
    Adams Pro Black 3 Hybrid
    Ping I200 4-9 Irons
    Ping Glide 2.0 46/50/56/60
    Scotty Cameron GOLO
  • JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Members Posts: 962 ✭✭

That could Be the dumbest reply in the history of the forum. I’m commenting that the majority of people I see play on Extra long par threes come up short because they play a club that if they had a perfect shot would still only have a 20% chance of landing on the green. It has nothing to do with a chip on my shoulder. I remember playing that way a long time ago. Doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with it it just means that people don’t club enough

Anyone who has played Texas Star 14 at 245 75 feet up the hill into the wind isn’t hitting 3 iron. Similarly will very many people, but myself, hit driver because “I’m not hitting driver on a par 3”.

Ok chief. See you on the green. Chip on my shoulder? No. Course management? Yes.

"Everyone is a big hitter on the forums."

"It's a 265 carry, so I make darned sure to cut my 5i in there." - needless club brag example...
    Titleist 915D3 9.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60, R, @11*
    Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
    Cleveland CBX, 56*/12, Rotex Graphite Wedge Flex
    Cleveland Smart Square Blade
  • FairwindsgolferFairwindsgolfer Members Posts: 616

249 yards at Tumblebrook Country Club in West Hartford, Connecticut (3rd nine).

I've played the majority of private courses up in West Hartford but never tumblebrook. Is it a nice track?
  • Petunia SprinklePetunia Sprinkle Future King of France Members Posts: 5,355 ✭✭
    The 220yd. #4 (I think) at The Pit (now defunct). There was really no fairway, just a gap between two rows of tall pines. I tried to hit a high cut over the trees!on the left, but like most of my cuts, it went dead straight. I ended up with a 6.
  • sailfishchrissailfishchris Members Posts: 876 ✭✭
    The longest par 3 I've ever played was around 220. Pretty sure I played a 3h on it
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Synergy Proto 65TX
    Ping G400 14.5 Tensei Pro Orange 80 TX
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Super Peening Blue X
    Vokey SM5 52, 56, 60 DGTI-s400
    Cameron Newport 1.5
    TP5X/ProV1X
    Jones Player 003/ Jones Utility Trouper
  • andrueandrue Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭
    edited May 13, 2018 #37

MtlJeff wrote:

Jskiser wrote:

I recently played a course that was 7200yds long. The longest par 3 being 255 dead into the wind. Came up short with the 3 iron but still saved par.

What's the longest par 3 you've played?

Are you against hitting more club for a par 3? Does your manhood suffer?

Texas Star, euless, TX. Number 14 245 uphill

Indian Creek creeks course, number 12 270 yards

Not opposed to hitting driver on either.

Crazy as it sounds, sometimes you come up short even if you pick the correct club

Maybe. But more often than not I get made fun of by playing driver on those holes until I put it on the green and they're short. 90% of players have vanity issues when par 3s show up
    Yup. The 12th at my club has trees down the first third on the left and two bunkers guarding the green that pretty much cut it off apart from a narrow gap. There is space at the back but also trees so it's not an easy chip back. I can just about reach the green with my driver from the tips or 3h from the yellows but neither of them are going to land softly and the two bunkers guard against running up onto the green (the right in particular).

Most times I take a SW/AW off the tee and hope for a one putt. I manage it more often than not. I've even birdied it a couple of times - once in a comp. Golf and pride rarely mix well - especially for us high handicappers image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Wedge, wedge, one putt is a reasonable goal for me. Long club to green - that's a poor percentage any day.
    Callaway Rogue Driver.
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
    Callaway 60* Sureout wedge
    Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
    Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
    Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).
  • dan360dan360 Paisano Members Posts: 5,278 ✭✭
    Chambers Bay 9th. 240-something from the back tees in top of the hill. It's way downhill but still.

110isd4.jpg
    in rehab for back surgery #3.....
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,042 ✭✭
    247 yarder, that's flat and often into the wind. It's really not a fun hole when it's "winter" here in California
  • dlygrissedlygrisse Members Posts: 13,014 ✭✭
    Hillcrest CC in Kansas City MO. Donald Ross course. First hole, 243 from the tips, 235 from middle tees. It’s downhill but it’s a helluva way to start your round. I consider it a par 3.5.

Ping G400
    Callaway Rogue 3w, HW
    Ping G 4 hybrid
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS
    Vokey 58 M grind
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members Posts: 3,801 ✭✭
    edited May 13, 2018 #41
    A flat 243 yards from the tip on a flat layout from tee to a shallow green, over water hazards and guarded by bunkers.

Later they remodeled the par three to 179 yards with more water in front of the green, to speed up the play with a drop zone over the water close to the green.
  • JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Members Posts: 962 ✭✭
    dlygrisse wrote:

Hillcrest CC in Kansas City MO. Donald Ross course. First hole, 243 from the tips, 235 from middle tees. It’s downhill but it’s a helluva way to start your round. I consider it a par 3.5.

I love that it's hole number 1, lol.

The courses that open w hard par 5 and par 3 holes are doing something right.
    Titleist 915D3 9.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60, R, @11*
    Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
    Cleveland CBX, 56*/12, Rotex Graphite Wedge Flex
    Cleveland Smart Square Blade
  • ChipNRunChipNRun Members Posts: 1,173 ✭✭
    edited May 13, 2018 #43
    Note: Tamarack is one of Pete Dye's early designs from 1965.
    What's In The Bag *...

Driver: Calla XR16 Pro 10.5° (set open) / Fuji Evolution II TS Speeder 665 R-flex 63 gr.
    FWs: Tour Edge XRail 4W + 7W / GraphiteDesign G60 R-flex 60 gr.
    or Calla Alpha 815, set 16° + 20° / Fuji Motore Speeder 665 R-flex 62 gr.
    Hybrid: Cobra FlyZ 3H 19° + 4H 22° / Matrix VLCT Altus Lite flex 73 gr.
    Irons: Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i - PW** / KBS Tour 90 R-flex 95 gr. (As of 21 Nov 2018)
    Wedge: Calla MD3 48°/8.SS + 54°/12.WS +
    MD.PM 60°/10 / KBS Tour R-flex 110 gr. |
    Putter: Slotline Inertial SL-583F / 34" w. SuperStroke 2.0 MidSlim grip
    Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag
    Ball: Calla SuperSoft
    * Either 7W or 3H left out, depending on course.
    ** Wedges: 46°and 48°are competing for bag space.
  • finleysgfinleysg MinnesotaMembers Posts: 1,235 ✭✭
    edited May 13, 2018 #44
    D: Callaway XR Pro - Ozik Red Tie
    3W: Rogue SZ - Project X HZRDUS Yellow 75 Graphite
    3H - Mizuno CLK - Speeder
    4H - Mizuno CLK - Speeder
    Wrenches: Ping S55 - P thru 4 - Project X Rifle 6.0
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 52, Ping Glide 58
    Putter: OWorks 2-ball

Brand Loyalty: None

• finleysgfinleysg MinnesotaMembers Posts: 1,235 ✭✭
    Obee wrote:

The Los Angeles Country Club, North Course. Will host the U.S. Open in 2023(?). Played there several months back. 7,580 from the tips (which we played), par 70(!!!!!).

The 11th is a 275-yard par 3. Yes, par 3. It's downhill about 15 yards or so from the tee. It's actually playable from there by younger/stronger players than I. I layed up short of the bunkers, pitched up to 12 feet, and missed my par putt.

You won't believe how great this course is. Truly magnificent....

http://golfclubatlas...-angeles-pg-ii/

la4.jpg

Beautiful. Really nice that they restored the bunkers. Looking forward to the US Open here.
    D: Callaway XR Pro - Ozik Red Tie
    3W: Rogue SZ - Project X HZRDUS Yellow 75 Graphite
    3H - Mizuno CLK - Speeder
    4H - Mizuno CLK - Speeder
    Wrenches: Ping S55 - P thru 4 - Project X Rifle 6.0
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 52, Ping Glide 58
    Putter: OWorks 2-ball

Brand Loyalty: None

• RH2RH2 Members Posts: 112 ✭✭
    Longest I remember was 241 yards from the tips. We usually play tees one up but did it for fun.
  • HackerDaveHackerDave Members Posts: 1,401 ✭✭
    The longest I have ever played is 236, but that wasn't the tips. That was the blue tees and not downhill or anything silly. The green was actually elevated and wide but not deep. One of the dumbest holes I have ever played.
  • Twism86Twism86 Members Posts: 379 ✭✭
    sharkiesj wrote:

Industry Hills Babe Course. 7th hole is a 300 yd par 3.

I would just give myself a 5 and move on image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' />
    TM AeroBurner 9.5*
    TM SpeedBlades 4-PW
    Odyssey White Hot RX #1
    A bunch of random wedges
  • NJpatbeeNJpatbee Members Posts: 1,485 ✭✭
    220 from the white (men's) tees. Played it last week and was on with a driver.
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Play Golf With Him The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,621 ClubWRX
    edited May 15, 2018 #50
    Ferguson wrote:

Oakmont 288 - made bogey.
    Yeppers😎.....

My last season in the game I Played it 9 times, 7 rounds coming from the back though only three were at US Open length of 288 yards(green tees) and two rounds were in the Invitational, where I went 3-2, and we Played the whites at 222yds & 228yds.

Across those three green tee rounds I went 2, 3 & 4, and ironically the lone time that I got home, I 3-jacked for the 4, lmao

My bird came with a 9i punch the ran up and in on a back left pin placement, lol. The lone par came with a 6’ 1-putt off of a PW.

The other 4 rounds it Played 247-264yds and I had 1 birdie, 2 pars and a bogie. Again, the 4 was a result of a 3-jack🤪

The greens at Oakmont can be a beeeeeatch😜

Oh yea, ole “Sahara” running down the left side of the fairway is 102yds long.

Yep, the greens are ****, the sand is trouble and the members are dicks😂😂

If you ever Play it, I don’t care how well ya know your member, don’t ever complain, cry or agonize over the course, lol

Being the dicks that they are, they feed off of that like a diabetic off of sweets, lmao

Just Play it and take your medicine like a man or as a late great ball coach once said, “act like you’ve been there before,” lmao😉

Don’t give your member the satisfaction, lol

Stay well Gals & Gents🍻

RP
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • daveltbdaveltb Members Posts: 319 ✭✭
    230 and 235 on 2 of the courses I play. Both play uphill. I'd have to hit driver most days to reach but miss brings trouble into play on both. Hate to admit it but I play for short of the green on both. Once in a while I can get it to run up on the 230 hole.
  • BookerBooker Members Posts: 721 ✭✭
    mikedejong wrote:

269 downhill. Tough hole, I think I hit 3 wood. Probably plays 235 or 240 or so. Longest par 3 I can remember playing.

Thats a monster I play there a few times a season. Always stupid windy out there, #4 from the back tee is my favorite hole of all time.
  • YaadaYaada Members Posts: 9

When I played the 2016 NCAA Regionals in New Mexico, they were afraid that the course was going to be too easy for us (considering that we had players like Jon Rahm in the field).

So they decided to make the course as long and hard as possible.

On the eight hole, they put the flag all the way back, which made the par 3, 275 yards long and it was also straight into the wind.

Every player I saw used their drivers on that hole.

This must have been UNM South Championship Course? From the Black tees right?
  • collje26collje26 Members Posts: 526 ✭✭
    300. Played in a AJGA qualifier at the legend at Brandybrook in Wales, WI. Changed it from a par 72 to a 70. Insane.
    Ping G400 Max 9 Tensei Pro Orange 70tx
    Ping G400 14.5 Tensei Pro Blue 80tx
    Ping G 17.5 Rombax P95x
    Callaway Apex Pro Smoke 3 DG TI S400
    Callaway Apex MB Raw 4-P PX 6.5
    Callaway MD Forged 54/60 PX 6.5
    Ping 1966 Anser WRX tri-sole
    TP5/TP5X
  • daegyudaegyu Members Posts: 236 ✭✭
    sharkiesj wrote:

Industry Hills Babe Course. 7th hole is a 300 yd par 3.

lol I was thinking about this hole as well. There's no way it's 300 yards though. I remember being hole high with a 3 wood. I'm no real WRXer though
    Callaway Epic 10.5 Oban Kiyoshi Gold 65s
    Callaway Epic 15 Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
    Callaway Epic 18 AD-DI 7s
    Titleist 816 H2 21 AD-DI 85s
    Taylormade P770 4-PW PX LZ 6.0 SS x1
    Vokey SM6 52F / 58M KBS Tour
    Byron Morgan DH89x
    Scotty Cameron Asian Spec AOP Newport Oil Can 33/350

Pro Platinum Mil-Spec 33/350

Cameron Classic Gun Blue 33/3503

TEI3 2nd gen 35/330

Studio Style Newport 34/340

Studio Stainless Newport Beach 34/340

ButtonBack Newport 34/340

009 34/350

Lakers Purple and Gold for Life
  • BigsetzeeBigsetzee Members Posts: 77
    The Vines "Ellenbrook" course. Off the back tee box around the 230m - 250 yard mark. Probably plays around 240-245m

You got to hit across a bit of a valley or sorts to an elevated green and if the breeze is in it's pretty difficult.
  • r0scoer0scoe Hardcore Hacker Members Posts: 67
    Longest Par 3 at my course is 185 from the blues, about 195-200 from blacks (I play blue tees). I have to hit a 5 or a 6 to get there and I cannot for the life of me hit those 2 clubs straight so I almost never land the green

We have a short Par 4 that's about about 250 and every plays it like it's a par 3 which I can hit with a driver when i'm lucky
  • No_Catchy_NicknameNo_Catchy_Nickname Kyushu,_JapanMembers Posts: 5,109 ✭✭
    Oakmont 288 - made albatross

image/beach.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':beach:' />
    Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
    4w: TaylorMade R9 stock Fujikura Motore X flex
    7w TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
    Hybrid: RomaRo iBrid 23* Attas EZ 85S
    Irons (4i-PW): Wilson fg-62 S300 4/5-PW or MP4 Yoro Modus 125X 5-PW
    Wedges: Callaway MD2 T-grind combination of 52*, 56*, 58*, 60*
    Putter: Mac Jack Nicklaus Muirfield

Old stuff: Tons of persimmon and older irons. 
  • TexsportTexsport Members Posts: 2,335 ✭✭
    edited May 23, 2018 #59
    #4, 269 yard par 3 -- The Quarry @ Giants Ridge

Elevated tee but bent grass fairway - no roll - you must carry it onto the green.(Forces all but the longest hitters to choose driver - or - move to a shorter tee box) With the pin on the back of the green, it's 280 yds.

Huge green but deep bunkers except in front.

This photo is from the middle tees. The back tees are much higher.

Quarry3-0691.jpg

Texsport
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Mizuno GT180 10.5*/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 5 X
    Tour Edge Exotics CB F2 PRO 15.5* Limited/Speeder 757 EVO 7.1X (Gene Sauers club)
    Titleist 915 18*/Fubuki K 80X
    Titleist 913 Hybrid 21*/Tour Blue 105X (Matt Jones' club) (OR) TM Burner 4-iron/Aldila RIP 115 Tour S
    Wilson Staff V4 5 and 6/Aerotech Fibersteel 110 S
    MacGregor PRO M 7-PM/Aldila RIP 115 Tour S
    Edel 50*/KBS 610 S
    Scratch JMO Grind Don White 56*/DG X-100
    Cobra Trusty Rusty Tour 64*/DG S-200
    The Cure CX2 putter
  • pearsonifiedpearsonified Extreme enthusiast Members Posts: 1,791 ✭✭
    Each nine at Paako Ridge features at least one BEASTLY par 3, even after you account for the 6,500-foot elevation:
    • Nine 1, hole 8: 265
    • Nine 2, hole 5: 272
    • Nine 3, hole 8: 251

The day I played, Nine 3 hole 8 was the longest, checking in at 268 to a back right pin. Playing into a wind off the right, I hit hybrid and still came up short as the ball hit a wall of wind up around the green.

Nine 2 hole 5 was set up at 265 but played straight downwind, and I laced a 4i to 30 feet (directly over the flag).

Nine 1 hole 8 played a mere ~250 to a front pin, so I guess I caught a break on that one image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Callaway Rogue 9.5º •• Project X HZRDUS Yellow 75 6.5
    TM 2016 M2 3HL 16.5º •• Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 65x
    Callaway Apex 20º •• Project X EvenFlow Black Hybrid 6.5
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4 (22º) •• Paderson IMRT KG95-IRT30
    Adams CMB 5-P (27º-46º) •• DG TI S400
    TM MG 50º/9º •• Project X LZ 5.5
    TM MG 54º/11º •• DG Wedge
    TM ATV Grind Tour Spin 60º •• KBS 105 Wedge
    Odyssey Versa 330M BWB 34"

For sale:
    Tour-only Cleveland 588 CB 4-P with PX 6.5

2018 Tournament Index: 2.56 (see results)
    2018 Tournament Anti: 7.76

Current anti-handicap: 4.7
  • r0scoer0scoe Hardcore Hacker Members Posts: 67
    Texsport wrote:

#4, 269 yard par 3 -- The Quarry @ Giants Ridge

Elevated tee but bent grass fairway - no roll - you must carry it onto the green.(Forces all but the longest hitters to choose driver - or - move to a shorter tee box) With the pin on the back of the green, it's 280 yds.

Huge green but deep bunkers except in front.

Quarry3-0691.jpg

Texsport

That looks like a fun hole to play