Lofts on the Old School Cobra Baffler Blade Iron Set?

iBanesto ·  
iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth 4718WRX Points: 446Members Posts: 4,718 Titanium Tees
https://valueguide.p.../baffler-blade/

Does anyone know the lofts of these iron set especially for the PW and SW?

If not, anyone know the lofts for the Baffler Blade II irons?

https://valueguide.p...ffler-blade-ii/
Posted:

Comments

• OrangeGravyOrangeGravy WA 1382WRX Points: 288Handicap: $$Members Posts: 1,382 Platinum Tees
    interested in this also
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth  4718WRX Points: 446Members Posts: 4,718 Titanium Tees

interested in this also

Thanks. Hopefully it gets an answer. Google didn't help me.

I was mucking around with the PW and SW and I was pitching like Zach Johnson image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />
    Posted:
  • OrangeGravyOrangeGravy WA 1382WRX Points: 288Handicap: $$Members Posts: 1,382 Platinum Tees
    I had a friend back in college that had a set with the graphite shafts in them. I used them one day and loved them. For some reason the balance felt perfect to me and I'm usually a heavy steel shaft guy. I'm actively watching a couple sets all the time on the Bay. I looked online also at a few of the sites I usually get iron spec info from and they hardly had any Cobra irons listed. Only older ones, but not as old as the Bafflers
    Posted:
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth  4718WRX Points: 446Members Posts: 4,718 Titanium Tees

I had a friend back in college that had a set with the graphite shafts in them. I used them one day and loved them. For some reason the balance felt perfect to me and I'm usually a heavy steel shaft guy. I'm actively watching a couple sets all the time on the Bay. I looked online also at a few of the sites I usually get iron spec info from and they hardly had any Cobra irons listed. Only older ones, but not as old as the Bafflers

A while ago at my club there was a very good player who has 50+ years old who gamed the Cobra Baffler Blade II irons (in red writing) with graphite shafts, he was the straightest hitter I ever played with. Also had great touch with the SW as well.

It would be great if someone knew the lofts.

Do you believe the wedges have square grooves?
    Posted:
    iBanesto wrote:

A while ago at my club there was a very good player who has 50+ years old who gamed the Cobra Baffler Blade II irons (in red writing) with graphite shafts, he was the straightest hitter I ever played with. Also had great touch with the SW as well.

I have no clue.
    Posted:
  • DavewnDavewn West Des Moines, IA 600WRX Points: 85Handicap: 10Members Posts: 600 Golden Tee
    iBanesto wrote:

You may get your answer if you post your question in the Classic forum. There are many folks there that are quite knowledgeable and several seem to have every conceivable catalog from back in the day. Baffler Blade appears in 1982, Baffler Blade II in 1989 according to Ironfinder.com, no lofts there though. Good luck in your search.
    Posted:
    Callaway RAZR Fit 10.5* Aldila RIP'd NV 60 S
    Ping G5 13.5* Aerotech Powercoil 50 S
    TaylorMade 200 Steel 4 Wood TM Lite R-80
    Orlimar Black Ti 22* 4 Hybrid Litespeed R
    Adams A7 5-GW UST Proforce 85 R
    Golfsmith/Spalding Cash-In SW 55/12 Cleveland Action Lite S
    Cleveland TA 900 60* Nicklaus Driveshaft R
    Slotline Inertial 35" 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BIG STUBIG STU  12515WRX Points: 3,107Handicap: 5.0Members Posts: 12,515 Titanium Tees
    I just saw this and like Dave did I could not find any specific lofts for that model of club I can however give you a ball park figure from that era of clubs. Most blades of that era based themselves off of a 47* to 48* PW and go down 2* until the mid irons and then it is 3* progression from the 6 iron back. That is just ball park figures that I am basing off of Macgregor and Hogan specs of that era. Like Dave says go over in the Classics forum and post I would not be surprised if some of my fellow classic hoes and players do not have an actual loft and lie sheet on those. They will be glad to help you in any way
    Posted:

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Hybrid Adams Boxer 19* Matrix Ozik R
    Hybrid Adams A-10 OS 22* Pro Launch red R
    Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex 2 shafts
    SW Cleveland 588 56* TTDG Sensicore S-400
    Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe rusty and lead taped named "Rusty"
    Bag(s) Old School Burton plain mini staff or Jones Classic

Thanks for your help guys.
    Posted:
  • Brass_BullseyeBrass_Bullseye BrassBullseye  372WRX Points: 103Handicap: 9Members Posts: 372 Greens

I sent a note to Cobra Customer Service to see if they could help. I bought a set of these irons in 1990 and played them for 10 years. Never hit the ball better. Found a set last week on eBay for $70 and took them out yesterday. Just as good now as they were 29 years ago. I’m taking my 716 CBs out of the bag and the CBB2s are going in.

Posted:
    Titleist TS2 Driver 9.5D 
    Titleist TS2 5W 18D
    Titleist 716 CB irons 3-PW
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges, 52.08F, 56.08M, 60.08M
    Odyssey O-Works Red #7

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.