Losing Putter Head Feel

BoomerCrow3826BoomerCrow3826 Taunton MAUnregistered Posts: 148 ✭✭
Last season I played a 33" Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6 (Center Shaft) with the Flat Cat Big Boy grip and I never putted better in my life. So naturally, I let my buddy use it to try out and he ruined it on a cart path. I bought a SeeMore Pure center blade that is roughly 20 grams lighter than the Scotty this winter cut it to 33" and had the same grip installed. I can not putt to save my life currently, I am leaving everything short and I just have no feel. In true WRX fashion I ordered a EVNRoll 2 Center shaft same loft and lie as the Scotty but am concerned what size grip to put on it so I still have some feel. I need your help WRX'ers, is the Big Boy grip too heavy or should the heavier head of the EVNRoll help?

Comments

• Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members Posts: 4,443 ✭✭
    Is there any reason why you don't want to just buy another NP 2.6? If you never putted better in your life than with that putter, it seems like recreating that putter would be the most logical solution.
  • BoomerCrow3826BoomerCrow3826 Taunton MAUnregistered Posts: 148 ✭✭
    Can't find one that is the same specs for a price that is not too expensive or I would have done that.
  • MJC4MJC4 Members Posts: 137 ✭✭
    I'm just curious about the story on how your buddy ruined the putter on a cart path?
  • BoomerCrow3826BoomerCrow3826 Taunton MAUnregistered Posts: 148 ✭✭
    He is special and was driving the cart on the path holding the putter and didn't realize it was dragging, again he is special and had too much swing oil
  • VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,101 ✭✭
    The EVNRoll starts at E1 swingweight at 33" according to their website, so it's a fairly heavy head to begin with unlike the SeeMore you were using. My guess is the grip might take a little bit away but it should feel better than the SeeMore.
  • MaximilianMaximilian Members Posts: 1,377 ✭✭
    You could also send your SeeMore to their headquarters and they will add weight to the head for you. They do it via an internal hosel in the tip of the shaft, so you won't even see it.
  • DK<80DK<80 Members Posts: 271 ✭✭
    I just recently went to a golf store and had my cs putter cut down by 1.5". To keep weight in the head, the rep poured lead filings/shavings down the shaft then corked it. He told me that this is not possible with all putters due to shaft type (aka double bend, etc.)

I think this is a great idea for those who don't want to:

- add a bunch of ugly lead tape to the head

- change grips for weight

- sacrifice weight by cutting down length
    TaylorMade SLDR 430 12°
    Titleist 917F2 15°
    TaylorMade r9 19°
    Cleveland Classic 4h 23°
    Titleist 712 AP2 (5-PW)
    Cleveland 588 RTG (54°, 60°, 64°)
    Nike Method Core MC-4iX