Favorite cooler

2»

Comments

• TerrapinGolferTerrapinGolfer Members Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Polar bear coolers all day
  • ChronicSlicerChronicSlicer Members Posts: 949 ✭✭
    My favorite cooler is a full one that somebody else has already loaded, preferably with something decent and well iced.
  • eebombeebomb Members Posts: 545 ✭✭
  • UberzzUberzz Members Posts: 124 ✭✭
    Ordered a Yeti Hopper Flip 8. Looks like it will fit nicely into a golf cart basket. Will update here once I get a chance to use it.
    Ping G400 LST 10* Tour 65
    Ping G400 14.5*(15.5*) Tour 75
    Titleist 913 F 21* Diamana 
    Titleist 816 H1 23*(24*) Aldila Tour
    Ping i500 KBS $-Taper 120
    Vokey 51/12, 56/11
    Callaway PM Grind 60/10
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 33" Superstroke Mid Slim 3.0
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,347 ✭✭
    edited Jul 9, 2018 #36
    bigred90gt wrote:

cristphoto wrote:
    Where are you guys playing that they allow you to bring a cooler on the premises (and with beer)? Unless you put a drink in the sleeve in your bag you don’t get past the starters in my area. Could be a state law in Maryland.

We have a local course that is County owned, $25 for a round and BYOB. I think there’s more people than teeth on that course on any given day. It is fun on occasion to play golf with a bottle of whiskey sitting in the cart though.

Most of my local courses won’t let you bring a cooler, and especially your own alcohol (the course can get fined and lose their liquor license, on top of whatever fine you get). In addition to bringing your own booze, the other problem is people leaving with the booze they bought. That is a separate liquor license (selling for off premises consumption), and again, they can lose their liquor license of you are caught with it.

Not Loyal Oak by any chance?

We can always tell when summer "officially" arrives because they put out the ball washer between holes 8 and 14 and you have to start wearing your "dress" T-Shirts.
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • atomheartmotheratomheartmother Members Posts: 123
    GTgolf wrote:

cristphoto wrote:

Where are you guys playing that they allow you to bring a cooler on the premises (and with beer)? Unless you put a drink in the sleeve in your bag you don’t get past the starters in my area. Could be a state law in Maryland.

I’m at a private club and bring my own beverages.

Cart girl rolls up and I throw her a $10 bill. She laughs every time and says thanks for the “corking fee”.

I do buy pre and post round tho. $6 for a beer and $11 for a cocktail is a joke.

$6/beer seems pretty standard at the municipal courses around here. Granted, it’s craft beer and not macro light beers. Those are probably $4.50-$5.00, but who would ever know.
  • T-3T-3 Members Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Anyone know which RTIC cooler fits in a cart basket?
  • golfinchasgolfinchas Members Posts: 88
  • ttice6ttice6 Members Posts: 102 ✭✭
    I have two Yetis and absolutely love them but they aren’t super conducive for the golf course. A plastic bag with ice usually serves me well. If the cart has a cooler on it I’ll toss a few in there. Otherwise we just put the case in back of the cart and get to drinking before they get too warm.