-31 on 18 Holes of Golf ?

Comments

• dgarlanddgarland So I got that going for me... which is nice. Members Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    That’s 13 eagles and 5 birdies. I don’t care if it’s a 4800 yard course, that’s an eagle on every par 4 except 1. Plus they won by 7. No way, no how.
    Taylor Made M2 Driver
    Callaway X Hot Pro 3 Wood
    Callaway X Hot Pro 2H & 4H
    Callaway X-14 Pro 5-PW
    Callaway MD3 50 & 54
    Callaway PM Grind 58
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
  • Sean2Sean2 #TheWRX (Callaway Trip) Members Posts: 30,826 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    dgarland wrote:

That’s 13 eagles and 5 birdies. I don’t care if it’s a 4800 yard course, that’s an eagle on every par 4 except 1. Plus they won by 7. No way, no how.

Yeah, I kinda doubt it myself.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Steelhead XR 25º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway "O" Works #7[/font]
  • 3sip3sip Members Posts: 408
    we won a scramble 10 years ago with a 60 and we were called cheaters. Now it seems that 50 or lower wins. I only play them for fun but I have played tourneys that have prizes for most honest and random places not only first and first is kind of a sleeve of balls and most honest gets driver etc.

discourages cheaters
  • bubbagumpbubbagump SLDR $5000 Challenge The EmpireMembers Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    #nope
    8.5* Ping G400 LST with TS Speeder 7.2
    12* SLDR Mini with TS Speeder 7.2
    17* Ping G400 with TS Speeder 9.8
    19* Mizuno MP18 FLI HI with KBS C-taper
    5-GW Mizuno JPX 900 Forged with KBS C-taper
    60* Cleveland RTX-3 CB with KBS C-taper

Toulon Atlanta
  • Sean2Sean2 #TheWRX (Callaway Trip) Members Posts: 30,826 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    3sip wrote:

we won a scramble 10 years ago with a 60 and we were called cheaters. Now it seems that 50 or lower wins. I only play them for fun but I have played tourneys that have prizes for most honest and random places not only first and first is kind of a sleeve of balls and most honest gets driver etc.

discourages cheaters

I avoid scrambles. You play it straight up and honestly, and other don't. So much for a game of "integrity".
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Steelhead XR 25º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway "O" Works #7[/font]
  • Drewmiller07Drewmiller07 North carolinaMembers Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
    Did we ever get the true story on this?
  • _HUMBOLDT__HUMBOLDT_ Members Posts: 1
    edited Jun 25, 2018 #128
    Not sure what scrambles you guys are playing in with such rampant cheating. Ive never really felt like any insane cheating goes on in the ones i play (3-4 a year probably) As far as the OP goes... yea no dang way! I played in a pro scramble this spring, 4 guys with 1 club pro. We shot 22 under (eagled all 4 par 5s, holed out on a short par 4 for eagle, and parred 1 hole) par 71 course for a 49. Every pro there said they'd been playing these things for 20 years etc etc and this was the lowest they'd ever seen. The pro we played with said it was the most fun he'd ever had on a golf course haha! It sure was fun!

edit: just realized this is the first post I've made and joined in 2013 lol
  • playar32playar32 Members Posts: 299 ✭✭✭✭
    dgarland wrote:

Not that you want to accuse someone of cheating, but the group in front or behind them had to as least piece some of there round together. The percentage of an eagle on a par four are lower, and I don't have the stats, but probably very low if you don't drive the green. Someone had to see them playing different shots from different areas.
  • rsballer10rsballer10 Members Posts: 740 ✭✭
    It's a part of playing in a scramble. Plan on having a good time, because without a doubt a group of 20+ caps will claim they shot in the mid 50s and won the long drive.

2 weeks ago my buddy piped on, LD hole was uphill and he carried it 300y (effing baseball players), the LD was won by the group behind us, who hit into us on every hole and never came within 50 yards of us.
  • Gapwedger7Gapwedger7 Let It Ride Members Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
    I played in a four man scramble not to long ago with string and two mulligans per player at a local course(Par as 72). My Father-in-law(team) thought they had the tourney won shooting a 49 until my team came in and posted a 46. Shooting a 41 without the extra stuff involved is jus not possible period.
  • warrio17warrio17 Members Posts: 371 ✭✭
    Exactly why I hate these tournaments. Everyone cheats so bad it makes it no fun. The winning group shows up and its a group of 4 overweight 60+ years olds. Yeah... I believe it.
    SYalW6s.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Epic SubZero 9* Fujikura Atmos Blue label 7X[/font]
    SYalW6s.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Epic SubZero 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue label 8X[/font]
    taylormade_small_logo_blk.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Tour Preferred UDI 2 Iron 18* UST Mamiya Prototype Utility 110F5[/font]
    taylormade_small_logo_blk.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] RescueDual TP 2 Hybrid 18* True Temper Project X HB6 (interchanges with the UDI)[/font]
    iDRdfVu.png [font=courier new,courier,monospace]JPX 900 Forged 4-GW 1* weak KBS C-Taper X 130g[/font]
    R9admPL.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Vokey Design V Grind SM6 54* KBS 2.0 HiRev X[/font]
    R9admPL.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Vokey Design V Grind SM6 58* KBS 2.0 HiRev X[/font]
    ZSoHrb9.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Circle T 009M Chromatic Bronze Flojet Neck 35" A041795 (Gamer)[/font]
    ZSoHrb9.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Tour Newport Slant Neck Crown "O"[/font]
    ZSoHrb9.png [font=courier new,courier,monospace]Futura X5 Chromatic Bronze Slant Neck Custom [/font]
    ZSoHrb9.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Chromatic Blue 1995 1st Run Coronado[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]i[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nstagram: @westongarner[/font]
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Members Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a firm believer the only way to keep scrambles legit is pairing teams up in 2's (2 threesomes or even 2 foursomes) that aren't buddies. It slows play some but people are less likely to cheat if playing with another group.
  • tatertottatertot Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    warrio17 wrote:

Exactly why I hate these tournaments. Everyone cheats so bad it makes it no fun. The winning group shows up and its a group of 4 overweight 60+ years olds. Yeah... I believe it.

What does 4 overweight 60+ year olds have to do with it? You have to be skinny in and young to score now? I mean, nobody is going -31, but age and weight have ZERO bearing on it.
    Driver: TaylorMade M3, 10.5*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1, 19*
    Long Iron: Ping iE1, 26*
    Mid Iron: Ping iE1, 32*
    Short Iron: Ping iE1, 41*
    Wedge: Ping iE1, 45*
    Gap: Ping Glide SS, 52*
    Lob: Ping Glide ES, 60*
    Putter: Yes Callie Mid, 41"
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Bag: Ping Mascot
  • SPIFSPIF Members Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tatertot wrote:

warrio17 wrote:

What does 4 overweight 60+ year olds have to do with it? You have to be skinny in and young to score now? I mean, nobody is going -31, but age and weight have ZERO bearing on it.

Quiet down you fat geriatric.
  • PixlPutterman PixlPutterman Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish) Members Posts: 8,290 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    tatertot wrote:

warrio17 wrote:

It has plenty to do with it, take a Xanax
    PXG 0811x 9° - HC EvenFlow Black 75x 
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120
    Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52°/56°/62°- S300
    Mizuno TP Mills TP7 
    RZN Platinum
  • tsecortsecor Loading........ Members Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    its BS. ive run many a tournament and have witnessed cheaters throughout. since its for charity, who really cares but I believe it to be bs
  • landolakeslandolakes Members Posts: 529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure Kim Jong Un's foursome could pull that off
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members Posts: 7,130 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    SPIF wrote:

tatertot wrote:

warrio17 wrote:

I resemble that remark! Lol
  • br61br61 3x Hackin' Hall of Shame SW MissouriMembers Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    SwooshLT wrote:

SPIF wrote:

tatertot wrote:

warrio17 wrote:

I resemble that remark! Lol

Oh boy, I"m not 60 yet but I can kick many youngsters' asses with my 3 buddies that are older than I am.

Last 4 man scramble I played with my older buddies, we shot a 19 under 53 and I'm the youngest at 57!
    My bag of hacking utensils;

Titleist TS3 9.5 PX Even Flow White 6.0(45")
    TM Aeroburner TP fw 15*, hybrids 19* & 22*
    J15CB 5-PW Modus 120 stiff
    TM MG 52HB & Hi-Toe 58.10
    Bobby Grace LFI 43" w/J-Tizzle's Magic Pixels

• dartboss04dartboss04 Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jul 5, 2018 #141
    The cheating does really upset me, but for the most part I’ve been trying to put together fun teams vs competitive teams recently.

Get some folks together who may not play a lot and set up your own squad goals. Let’s just make sure we break par, or not finish last and win the lesson with the pro as the gag gift for the worst team.

I think it makes it much more enjoyable to have lower expectations for the comp and just set a small goal for your own group.
  • MartinM326MartinM326 Members Posts: 39
    I love the charity aspect of these kinds of tournaments but I think there are many groups that have the card filled out before they even tee off.

I get it these tournaments are more about having fun than winning, but when you have guys out there shooting scores like that, it takes away from some of the fun and turns in to more of a frustration.
  • dwbostondwboston Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jul 6, 2018 #143
    I remember playing in a scramble about 15 years ago with my brother and two of his friends, all non-golfers. It was to benefit a melanoma charity started in memory of the sister of a neighbor & co-worker of my brother. We didn't play particularly great - I was the best player as a 12 at the time - but we were at least honest about our scores. However, there was some controversy after I won the long drive (legitimately). I could hit the ball a mile back then - I was using a 983K with an original Pro V1, and the long drive drive hole was a straight, flat par-5 playing a little downwind. I absolutely drilled one right down the middle and it rolled out to about 330 yards. I don't think anyone else was even close. When they announced my name at the dinner and I went up to get the prize, some guy started booing and yelling "bull-s--t"....at a charity event! I walked by him and he was pissed. I asked him what his problem was and he said "there's no way you hit it that far. I win the long drive every year." image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> I guess we were lucky to play that hole after him, no doubt he would have cheated and moved the sign if we had been in front of them on the course.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Titleist TS2 10.5*, GD AD TP 6S | Titleist 915F 16.5*, GD AD DI 8S | Titleist 915 H 21*, GD AD HY 95S
    Bridgestone J15 CB, 4-PW, Recoil Proto 125 F4 | Vokey SM6 52.08F | Vokey SM6 56.10S | Vokey SM7 60.12D
    Bettinardi BB0 Flow, DASS, F.I.T. Face, 34"/350g
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Members Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    -31 is possible with Sung Kang in your group.
  • justbringit5151justbringit5151 Members Posts: 128 ✭✭
    Sei young Kim scored -31 in 72 holes
  • RohlioRohlio Members Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Without string low 50s should be best possible. With string we have shot low 40s multiple times.

Without string or a ton of mulligans no way a team can shoot low 40s
    WITB:
    Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
    FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
    Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
    Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
    Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
    Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle
  • needfasp3edneedfasp3ed Members Posts: 200 ✭✭
    Lowest I've "seen" was a 48 posted in a 4-man 8 inch cup tournament, course was only 5,500 yards. Even if this tournament was 8-inch cup I'm not buying a 41 without handful after handful of mulligans.
  • LlortamaiseyLlortamaisey Members Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sei young Kim scored -31 in 72 holes

There was some other Korean guy that shot -38 in 18 holes.
  • WalleyeDaveWalleyeDave Members Posts: 1,414
    Total bullxxxx, Lock this thread.
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jul 15, 2018 #150
    13 eagles and 5 birdies.

OK, I'll give ya 4 eagles on the par 5s. But 9 hole outs on the other 14 holes, par 4s and par 3s ??? I wonder how many hole outs there are on the PGA Tour, even from short distance, say about 100 yards and in, on any given day ???

Seems a bit,,,,,,,,, improbable,,,,,,,,,,,, kinda sorta like the OP not coming back and addressing anything in almost 2 months,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G400 19* hybrid Stiff 70 Stock shaft

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 48*, 52* 56*, 60* DGS300
    Taylormade Tour Spider Black (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • ousuxndallasousuxndallas DFWMembers Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, straight up cheaters. No way.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file